Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Old Thread
The user who runs the Mega has a second trove for community DMs Guild title submissions. Any and all are welcome to submit via email, all anonymously. No promise of quality, though.

What's your opinion on Intelligence as a stat?

Also, casters>martials

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ZNghBCyR!-_scfnSB18-qOE8nazyzUGs3n1OhNy-kP4YrhVrYVfg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's how to fix the bladelock:

>your pact weapon can be any weapon or tool as well. While wielding your pact weapon or tool, you have proficiency in it. Bonus action to switch the form of your pact weapon/tool.

Then toss in a few feats for weapon mastery that open up interesting options, like Polearm Mastery does for polearms, and you've got a fun class that works by switching weapons and tools constantly to fit the situation.

I think its pretty neat that illusions are now an Int save to disbelieve. Makes illusions that much stronger now that Int is next to useless for everybody except wizards.

I'm reading a pre-made player sheet and it lists a shortsword doing "1d6+3(5)" I get the 1d6+3, what does the 5 represent though?
Yes i am incredibly new.

Assuming it's a level 1 character with +3 for their attack relevant stat, probably the to-hit bonus.

That is probably just the attack bonus but I can't say 100% without seeing it first.

That can't be right, hit bonuses are usually iin a separate block to the left.
That seems to indicate there are circumstances where the character's damage bonus with the shortsword is raised to +5.

Average damage?

Is it a barbarian?

which character

>bonus action to be proficient in any weapon/tool

You're getting awfully close to being as stupid as the Mystic.

Also, was this really a problem bladelocks had? That they can't morph their pact weapon? I have never, ever heard anyone complain about that, nor do I see how it makes sense flavor-wise.

>fixing the bladelock
>2016

Does he have the Dueling Fighting Style? If so, then your damage is 1d6+5 when not dual wielding.

Bladelocks problem is damage, but you don't want to reduce them to just being as good at damage as eldritch blast. That's boring. So they need more utility.

Having access to all the juicy weapon feats would give them utility in a way that isn't typical for characters now, thus breaking new ground with minimal impact.

Anyone seen a decent set of elemental domains for cleric? For fucks sake I have no idea why these are not a standard thing since there are tons of gods that those apply to.

Yo 5eg, my normal group is just starting a new game at level 3, considering going Monster Hunter fighter. Not as versatile as the bm, I know but it fits the tone of the campaign and the dm is mildly weeby so I want to play to that. Am I shooting myself in the foot?

The problem I see with the instant morph is that it makes magical weapons you find somewhat obsolete since they can't be morphed into other weapons.

Level 3 rogue
mega.nz/#!ZNghBCyR!-_scfnSB18-qOE8nazyzUGs3n1OhNy-kP4YrhVrYVfg

The fuck are you talking about?

There's no official monster hunter fighter archetype. Nor is there a homebrew based off of the games.

What?

It should be fine. Any fighter can be fine, the archetype just gives them more.

UA Gothic heroes

>as stupid as the Mystic.
I've played a Mystic. I'm a dirty optimizer, and they're mid-tier. They have some theoretically ridiculous powers but they don't do that well in combat.

Hmm. That's a good point.

I guess I see three fixes: letting you morph magical weapons, which could give a host of balance issues.

Adding a magical progression to the pact weapon (considered +1 at level 6, +2 at level 12, and +3 at level 18, or something like that.)

Or letting you add magical weapons to the available morphs to a pact weapon. So you could absorb a magical bow and always be ready to morph it out.

It's from one of the Unearthed Arcana.

I really like the idea of a cache of magical weapons but then you would get complaints about the warlocks being massive loot whores.

I have no idea

>Also, casters>martials
>No thread title edition.
I see our shitposters are also morons.

That is one fat manlet.

So you mean they also get the feats for free? Still fixes nothing when those feats aren't utility based either. You use Polearm Master because it makes you deal more damage, for example.

Is there a 5e version of the spell "Break Enchantment"? What removes the charmed, frightened or possessed conditions?

calm emotions

My intent would be throwing in the feats for anyone to use. The bladelock still has to take them.

Finally, letting the bladelock's bonus to hit or use the tools be charisma. That's one bit that needs to be added, so they aren't so fucking MAD.

A level 3 Rogue would not gain a static 2 or 5 damage for anything. It looks like a mistake.

Speaking of mistakes, you should replace the +3 passive perception with a 13.

I also want to see a picture of these 1000 ball bearings.

Break Enchantment is part of the spell "Dispel Evil and Good".

There's not really a 'possesed' condition, but other spells off the top of my head, for charmed and frightened:
Calm Emotions, Dispel Magic, Heroism.

Ah badass. Thank you kindly.

Personally, I see three better fixes:

Add something to pact of the blade so it's not just proficiency in one weapon. Like some kind of boon you can activate for killing a creature with the weapon. It doesn't need to deal more damage, but it needs to do something for you.

Add something to Thirsting Blade so it's not just Extra Attack (but worse). Like some kind of benefit for hitting a creature with your weapon. It doesn't need to deal more damage, but this would be a good time to encourage the warlock to stick with melee.

Add something to Lifedrinker so it's not just improved divine smite (but worse). You're getting more spell slots now, so maybe add another way to use them. It probably needs to deal more damage.

Add something at level 17+ so Eldritch Blast doesn't automatically become your best weapon all the time. It definitely needs to deal more damage.

And I should learn how to count.

It's mechanically super powerful damage-wise and the bonuses are based on extremely useful skills.

>I also want to see a picture of these 1000 ball bearings.
That's one bag. Says so in the PHB. Crazy, right?

>Finally, letting the bladelock's bonus to hit or use the tools be charisma. That's one bit that needs to be added, so they aren't so fucking MAD.
If you want. I prefer changing Lifedrinker to 1d8 Necrotic, so they have a build that's less reliant on Charisma altogether.

As a bonus action, they can be proficient in anything. That alone is stupid. Even if the rest of the class is shit. Which it's not. It's a mash-up of Warlock and Cleric fluffed as Jedis, except Warlocks and Clerics can't be good at everything while Mystics can.

I want to like Mystic but it just looks like a munchkin class. Tell me why you'd ever play an Awakened Mystic over a Jedi Master or whatever they're called? Tell me why you'd ever choose to be natively proficient in non-time sensitive skills when you can just get them with a bonus action and no other cost?

Wizard knows Arcana? Hold on... Me, too. Need to stabilize a dying friend? Before my Medicine check, just let me learn medicine with a bonus action. Need to stand up to a guard? Bonus action to put on my scary face. Now I'm more intimidating than our Barbarian.

Cool class design.

Typically, when damage values are written that way, such as in the monster manual, it signifies an average amount you can use in lieu of rolling, which can be a nice thing for a DM to have during annoyingly large combat situations.

Not sure why it would be 5 though.

>Not sure why it would be 5 though.
Probably just the player making an error.

I just give Thirsting Blade for free at level 6.

I wanna like Mystic, too...but, there's just not enough there to be usable right now.

There's a Mystic homebrew that I use in my games, but the one game I get to play in rather than DM, the DM does not allow homebrew of any kind.

>10 levels isn't usable in the vast majority of campaigns

No, it would be...if there were enough Disciplines for each archetype. IIRC, you'd end up taking every Discipline in the writeup as you level.

I'm not trying to make it mystic levels of utility. The big thing this proposed change would let the bladelock do is have proficiency in thieves tools and other things. They wouldn't be able to gain proficiency in arcana or intimidation.

Sure, it's stupid. But it's not overpowered.

So guys I was playing Curse of Strahd in AL and there's this part where we are going for a winery to liberate it from these needly plant monsters.

So basically I've been trying to kill off this other player's character for a few sessions now but I was waiting for my chance. So I've taken to the habit of going outside the play room and sneakily looking through the Curse of Strahd book when we find a new encounter.

So I did it this time and I found that apparently like a shitton of needlefolk fuckers burst out of the front doors the second or third round?

So basically I convinced this girl to place her druid near the door so that she had her back to the wall so I could cover her.

Needless the say the fuckers broke out of the door as the adventure called for, and surrounded her. She was level three but she went down after three hits (she had shit AC and shit Con).

So she was starting to do death saves and actually failed all three. But then the DM pulls this bullshit where she came back to life with gills? I was PISSED. I was like what the FUCK, and I am really angry right now. What is this pussy-ass shit? Just because she's a girl she gets to come back from the dead? I spent WEEKS plotting her fucking death, and I am enraged at this shit.

>trying to kill off this other player's character for a few sessions
>sneakily looking through the Curse of Strahd book
>mad at the DM
You're be That Guy

>Secretly read the adventure
>Forgot to read the AL rules for the adventure.
It would be really funny if this were true.

please use spoilers when talking about modules

Do you come on to the Internet just to tell lies, user?

Not even the guy you're mad at, but really? You're getting triggered over CoS spoilers?

Terrible work, user.

Why do you think I'm mad? I haven't played the module yet and I assume everyone who hasn't doesn't want to get spoiled too.

The rest is just a fake story, but he spoiled some decent surprise moments in the campaign.

>enemies burst out from behind door
>major spoilers

Rule #1 of adventuring, trust nothing.
Rule #2 of adventuring, use your goddamn 10' pole.

This is going to become a running joke at this rate.
5/10 for effort.

Why am I that guy? It's a GAME, get over it, I can do what I want.

What do you mean, AL rules? Dude, no one had fucking died yet, how was I supposed to know the DM was going to pull this BULLshit?

Please explain why the DM has a right to asspull to save a female character just because he's probably a fucking white knight and wants to fuck her.

FUCK OFF, it's not a joke

Please explain how the FUCK i can get past this bullshit. I am seriously considering trying to subtly damage the DM's mateirals at this point. I am so pissed. An accidentaly drink spill would not go amiss......

Please go fuck yourself.

>It's a GAME, get over it, I can do what I want.
That makes you That Guy.

Consider being an hero.

You're a right proper faggot, ain't ya? Neck yourself my man.

As an actual faggot, I take offense to the association with that prick

Knowing what enemies are going to burst through what door at what time is a pretty big spoiler.

> I am seriously considering trying to subtly damage the DM's mateirals at this point.

> It's a GAME, get over it

You can be a dick-suckin' queer without bein' a faggot user.

I just noticed that the Darkness spell can be cast on an object and that it will move with that object. Am I reading that right? I finally get why everyone jerks off to Devil's Sight if that's the case.

>All this quality discourse

Yes.

So whats your ideal 4 person party?

Hardmode
>all casters

Super Hardmode
>all martials

>What do you mean, AL rules?
The Dark Powers offer free resurrection, if you'll accept their dark gift. It's in the AL DM's packet for the Ravenloft season.

So with just 3 warlock levels, or 2 if I have level 2 spells from another class, I can keep darkness on my staff and cast attack roll spells with advantage against anything that can't see through magical darkness.

I guess they won't be able to pinpoint me RAW but anything with enough intelligence to figure out what spell I cast would have a clue to aim for the center.

Maybe I'm blind, but what happened to the charsheets that charsheet user made?

All beastmaster Rangers.

What's a good formula for running mysteries for players? Of course, nothing vital behind a skill check wall that couldn't be found otherwise. A few solid leads, slight red herrings, always backup plans so that if they totally flounder the plot catches up with them? Assuming they're still trying to solve it but just totally failing. Obviously forcing them back if they just wanted out of a mystery scenario is asinine.

>codified rules for the module
>bullshit DM whiteknight cuck REEEEEEE women
No one is surprised your playing in AL

2 Paladins, 2 Clerics. They're on a mission from god

Where do paladins fall into the caster/martial divide?

Petsim survialsim.
Id play it.
Especially if everyone took wolves.
We starks now

Dude you can literally read the books to find out, okay? It's not a "spoiler." You want a surprising D&D moment? Play in a REAL campaign run by a REAL DM.

> That makes you That Guy.

Why.

> inb4 "lol if you don't know that makes you that guy even more lololol" circular logic

Why?

No one cares. Orlando was a good thing.

Fighter, Fighter, Bard, Warlock

if you look through a gms materials you are automatically That Guy

I recommend you leave the group and find another one, you don't seem to be a good fit with them and I don't think you'll have much fun.

I think theyre technically half casters. But id consider them mostly martial because most of their magic is to hit harder.

Only That Guy doesn't know the game is pretty good

Okay guys fine let me explain what happened

> few months ago
> start playing AL
> ask out attractive girl who plays there
> she is single
> we exchange numbers
> she turns down a date
> decide I want to kill off her character
> PvP is banned in AL because they are pussies
> have to think of clever way to kill her off by manipulating her into doing something stupid
> ask this general multiple times but they are NO fucking help

So I finally managed to get her killed off after WEEKS of planning and hurrying over to read out of the book once or twice a session to keep things from getting suspicious.

And you people have the nerve to mock me for achieving my dream?

I like you

Your dream was petty and deserves to be mocked. You are a shitty-bitty little twat, and also deserve mockery.

I remember you, we mocked you then too.

I didn't say AL wasn't pretty good, it's just okay for what I wanted. But I wanted to kill another PC which I finally succeeded at tonight. Except she got to come back to life which pisses me the fuck off.

Is it possible to achieve permadeath? Because apparently this "dark gifts" shit happens every time you die?

So ITS NOT EVEN A REAL CAMPAIGN

IT IS LITERAL GARBAGE

For fucks sake I had been playing this game thinking there was actual risk to dying.

So why don't I just charge into combat repeatedly so I die over and over and just keep coming back getting these beneficial dark gifts that are honestly good for me in the end, because there is no fucking permadeath.

That completely destroys any illusion of danger which adds half of the tension to D&D anyway. The other half involves NPC survival / plot points but I bet the faggot-ass AL rules say that you have to bring all the NPCs back from the dead with fucking magical batwings that let you cast Fireball out of your arsehole, so that nothing can actually fucking die!!!!

> she turns down a date
> decide I want to kill off her character

Did it hurt when Solomon looked back and God turned you into a pillar of salt?

>you people have the nerve to mock me for achieving my dream?
Yes. Your dream was shit and you are shit. Go away.

this is like midrange bait

I thought midrange bate was attacking with a 3/3 into two untapped plains.

>What's your opinion on Intelligence as a stat?
There was literally no reason to not allow int to grant bonus languages

Yeah well guess what, I am going to make it my goddamn mission to bring that game store down by shitting on it on Yelp, Facebook, Google Reviews, wherever the fuck else, and talk about how shit the employees and events are, and how the GM fucking cheats at the game. If we hve to follow rules at a store sanctioned event, so should he. None of this Wizards of the Coast cuckery where nothing can die.

Seriously what is the fucking point? I wanted an easy low-effort drop in campaign where I could try the new edition without buying the books (because honestly, 5th edition sucks) but the result is that the game is so pussified you can't even die. That is fucking bullshit for fucking cowards who are literally scared of dying in a fucking game. Pathetic.

Is this part of the core rules as well? Did I miss this when I was reading through them? This pisses me off so much, did they seriously pussify D&D to the point where you can't even die in it anymore, so your actions have no fucking consequences?

Yeah you mocked me like a pathetic bully does. But unlike real life I will emerge triumphant in the end, and your mockery will fall on deaf ears when I triumph and drive this girl from playing RPGs forever.