pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

Ikit Claw Vs Archaeon smack down edition:

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread over here
Challenge of the day: Create a character for your least favorite faction

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xRAt9dJN3xHxjw4VJyPirkAv8-kVrIfD7cTD6SG9tJw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Having trouble getting into GW's US website for some reason; how much do Dryads cost? Amazon wants $80+ for them, which seems a bit absurd.

So here's the list I am planning on bringing to the LVO AoS GT 2017

2000 pts, Allegiance Order [Battle Trait: Defiant Avengers]

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth w/ tempestos hammer and thundershield (leader-general) 220 [Command Trait: Reckless]
5x Liberators w/ hammers and shields, and prime w/ grandhammer (battleline) 100
5x Liberators w/ hammers and shields, and prime w/ grandhammer (battleline) 100
5x Retributors w/ 2x starsoul maces 220
5x Prosecutors w/ with celestial hammers 100
1x Gryph-hound 40

Dwarf Lord (legacy) on shieldbearers w/ rune weapon and shield (leader) 160 [Artefact: Obstinate Blade, or Relic Blade depending on enemy]
Runelord (leader) 80
Cogsmith (leader) 100
10x Longbeards w/ great axes and shields, standard bearer and musician (battleline) 140
10x Irondrakes w/ icon bearer and drummer, and ironwarden w/ trollhammer torpedo 220
10x Irondrakes w/ icon bearer and drummer, and ironwarden w/ trollhammer torpedo 220
Cannon and 3 crew (artillery) 180
Organ Gun and 3 crew (artillery) 120

The idea is the lord-celestant will be my general. With the Reckless command trait and lord of the host command ability the stormcast eternals will lead from the front rushing into melee. Prosecutors go wizard/warmachine hunting.

The dwarf lord will have the longbeards nearby to keep him using his command ability on organ gun and irondrake targets (think markerlighting). Runelord buffs rend where needed. The irondrakes will put preassure on the enemy, with the trollhammers for monster hunting. The cogsmith and gryph-hound will babysit the cannon and organ gun which do the heavy ranged hitting on monsters, heroes, and big units.

Just ordered some Sigmarines off Ebay.

Just the Skellyman guy, two 5 man squads of the base troop, and three of the big guys with extra big hammers.

Is this a fun starting force?

Should serve you well, I would invest in a lord-celestant and some of these cavalry later on.

Speaking of the Lord-Relictor, why does he seem so absolutely mediocre? I don't see much reason to take him over pretty much any other Stormcast hero.

Because Stormcast lack skull decorations. If you plan to keep your skull-count high like GW intends, you either field Lord-Relictors or put little skulls on all of your models' bases.

>lord-celestant will be my general
>dwarf lord will keep using his command ability

LONGBEARDS, BITCH!

Best battleline choice for dispossessed.

Would Bleak swords or Executioners be a good model to convert vampires on foot from?

I'm trying to find modeks that match tge vampire aesthetics but don't have the elven battle skirt/coat thing going on.

Wait, so what's this about claw vs archaeon? Also, should I use a corruptor in my pestilens force?

Damn, now I kind of want to pick up some dorfs...

thats neat

Can't get on either

GW store is up now.

I know right? A battleline unit, for 120 points, 4+ save, and say hello to both great weapons AND shields. Longbeards are stubborn assholes, but they're duardin stubborn assholes.

Ikit claw is pissing his pants after acidentally summoning Archaeon.

Alright, lore question: What would Skaven do with a captured Sorceress? The Clan in question is Eshin.

torture her for information, then when they got what they wanted, or cant get what they want, they kill her. In the most entertaining way possible.

Make sneak-sneak sneakier

Speaking of skaven, is the start collecting pestilens any good, or should I go mortal Nurgle?

monks have a save problem, but have one of the best dmg output of any model in the game. its hit or miss, like most skaven tactics.

Hey guys, I managed to get a hold of an old beastmen battalion box for cheep, is this a decent enough force? Where is the new point system and warlord traits?
Also have they shown up in the storyline at all or have they been ignored wholesale as per usual?

Archaon is giving an order to a subordinate Arch-Warlock. It's not actually Ikit, nor are they fighting.

Someone told me of a battalion that gives them a save

I ask mostly because I really want to include a Sorcerer Lord in a Eshin force for that sweet, sweet Daemonic Power. Rerolling all that shit for NightRunners would be so freaking awesome. Besides, playing with solo-Eshin can be a bit boring.

What does the battalion come with?

It's the basic box set with 20 gors, 10 bestigors, and 10 ungors. Got that for $38

Was also able to get a hold of a beastlord and a bray shamen.

thats a pretty fucking awesome steal.

make sure those ungores are made into ungor raider. Those become a battleline unit as long as you stay all brayherds.

I would recomend getting a tuskgor chariot to give you some more speed and utility. Then some ungodly monster you would want to summon with your shaman, and that should give you a great start on most points games.

Make sure you make the unique named beastlord (forget his name, but he's on a chariot). He counts as a beastlord for the purposes of the battalions, which you'll most certainly want to use.

Otherwise, try to convert those Gor into Bestigor by sprucing them up in some way and just get the minimum battleline unit of ungor skirmishers is my advice.

Also, get a battle standard bearer converted from a gor or something. Maybe multiple. It's the glue that keeps beastmen working.

Gonna try ogres. 40 or 50 mm bases?

So is everyone just trying to beat Chaos off of their Gates?

Does the BSB have a points value?

Guys, need some help.

I was reading the Age of Sigmar FAQ and it has questions like

>Q: Can I take more than one (special) character, like Nagash or Archaon?
A: Yes, unless specifically noted otherwise

So I can still take 10 Nagash if I want?

>Q: Is it possible for a modifier to make a hit, wound or save automatically successful
A: Yes

That means I can make my Saurus Guard auto pass any save that isn't -2 or -3 or mortal wound, right?

Pretty much. In aos, chaos has the foothold and everyone else is the invaders

Yes. Look under the compendium warscrolls

In open play, yes. If you want to be a dick. But in matched play rules, it specifically says an army can only have 1

And in matched play rules it says 1s auto fail saves wound and hits

Match Play? Is that something new?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xRAt9dJN3xHxjw4VJyPirkAv8-kVrIfD7cTD6SG9tJw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Just thought I'd throw this in here. It's nothing special. Just a compendium of people from Veeky Forums who are looking for some Age of Sigmar. Fantasyhammer, or 40k fun. I don't mean to be shilling hard for this excel sheet but maybe we can all get along and see who'd be interested in playing near each other.

Is it better to run 20 or 30 Gors?

>maybe we can all get along
I wouldn't trust anyone from this website as far as I could throw them.

Match play rules but dropping the battleline tax, thoughts?

Sure.

Some would argue that things are costed according to some things being taxed, but I really don't notice a difference.

Think of it like going unbound with 40k.

desu i like the Battleline tax
It's the 3 Rules of One that i'm still thinking about

i think using open play+points is cool too

Damn it's hard to wait.

What is tax?

they used to come on 40mm squares. can't remeber what round base GW switched them too.

a unit you're required to take in the rules but isn't desirable from a theme of competitiveness standpoint.

Ah. All it did to me was throw a link into using plague monks as a main indantry

Planning for this as my 2000 point army

General
400 Spirit of Durthu, The Oaken Armour

Leader
300 Treelord Ancient, Ranu's Lamentiri, Regrowth
300 Treelord Ancient, Briarsheath, Regrowth
100 Branchwych, The Silverwood Circlet, The Reaping

Battleline
240 Dryads (20)
100 Tree Revenants (5)
100 Tree Revenants (5)

Behemoth
260 Treelord

Other
180 Kurnoth Hunters, Greatbows

Battalion
20 Household
Total: 2000

My loathing for core tax has nothing to do with competitive effectiveness.

thats why i said theme or competitiveness

Household pretty much solely to get more items, eh

For the most part, but making my Treelord lock in any enemy is nice and I'm worried about Tree Revenants being weak with Battleshock. I'd much rather try and make room for the Free Spirit formation, but I love the treelord models too much to not take as many as I can.

>Should I field a corruptor
Yes

Any tips for a new Bloodbound player? I have a shit ton of Blood Warriors and Reavers and am trying to figure out what to grab next and what heroes to run?

My friend keeps telling me Skull Cannons are the way to go but is the shooting better then Skullcrushers or Khorgraths?

Generals handbook, links in the op

Hellcannons

Hellcannons arent part of Grand Alliance Chaos, that is Compendium stuff.and in my area the two stores holding events dont allow that stuff in their official events due to them all being outdated. We stick to the Alliances since our gamestores can actually sell that stuff and I want to be able to play all my shit at any event.

This brings up a good point... how do the compendium stuff and the Alliance shit work out when deciding allegiance in matched play?

Does taking a hellcannon deny you proper Alliance Chaos allegiance since the model is technically not in that faction?

Allegiance means that all warscrolls in the army must share the same keyword. The Legacy stuff still all have the Grand Alliance keywords. Most of them even have the new keywords as well. They don't and shouldn't break allegiance just because GW doesn't sell them anymore.

So I might be buying my friends chaos guys from him and with what he has in his army I came up with this 2000 point list. I've never played these guy so any help would be really appreciated.

Skarbrand - 400
Be'lakor - 240
Khorne Lord on Juggernaut - 140
Blood Warriors x10 - 200
Blood Warriors x10 - 200
Bloodreavers x10 - 60
Skullcrushers x6 - 320
Skullreapers x5 - 140
Wrathmongers x5 - 180
Bullgors x3 - 120

Or maybe something like this.

Skarbrand - 400
Khorne Lord on Juggernaut - 140
Skullcrushers x6 - 320
Bullgors x6 - 240
Bullgors x6 - 240
Wrathmongers x10 - 360
Blood Warriors x10 - 200
Blood Warriors x10 - 200
Bloodreavers x10 - 60

40 points left over.

You could always look to the skaven for some good ranged options.

I'm kinda brand new getting into Fantasy...

What's the cheapest way to get into Age of Sigmar? I have no kits other than some really ancient lizardmen from long ago traded to me (bunch of skinks and lizardguys and they all look very boring and basic).

Is there a cheap starter set to help get into it kinda like the Dark Vengeance set of 40k?

Haha, I hear ya. I could see myself winding up with two of each Treelord, much to my wallet's detriment.

since you already have lizardmen, just continue to roll with them. Get the start collecting seraphon box set. It's a really good deal.

The AoS starter set is also a good deal with lots of minis, but only worth it if you are interested in starting either Khorne Bloodbound or Stormcast Eternals.

I want to make a Tzeentch warband without daemons in it, but still having some variety in units. I am trying to decide whether to do this in 40k or AoS.

I really like the larger model scale and art style of a lot of the AoS stuff, but it seems like I would have to convert things heavily as proper Tzeentch mortal armies aren't available yet. Also, I've noticed very few units seem to have access to ranged weapons in Age of Sigmar, especially among Chaos factions.

Thoughts or recommendations?

You should probably just wait on that for now. According to the rumors somwhere in autumn there will be new releases for Dorfs and Tzeentch stuff. Would be silly if you buy yourself a bunch of stuff now only to potentially replace it all with the new stuff in 3-4 months.

I would suggest looking at the Silver Tower boxed set, or at least the miniatures therein when it comes to mortal Tzeentch followers. They have Tzaangors, Cultists, and an Ogre-wizard guy that would work alright.

Honestly though I would wait like said, there's supposedly a bunch of Tzeentch stuff coming soon.

>I would suggest looking at the Silver Tower boxed set, or at least the miniatures therein when it comes to mortal Tzeentch followers. They have Tzaangors, Cultists, and an Ogre-wizard guy that would work alright.
I have the silver tower set, and that's what has made me interested in Tzeentch honestly

but there are only 4 distinct Acolytes, and 3 distinct Tzaangors.

You are probably right. I don't know if the release will include everything I'll be looking for, but it will be better than having to try and convert Khorne models, and having the entire army be melee units

Don't do this to me man. Don't do this. I can't handle it again. Same goddamn rumors said new duardin shit was coming out. Then as we got closer, it was revealed to be the fyreslayers. But rumors also said grungni duardin were coming shortly after. Then it turned out nope, just fyreslayers.

You are building hope in me for my grungni-folk, and i don't like it.

First it was Stormcasts versus Khorne, then Sylvaneth versus Nurgle in the realm of life and the next thing will supposedly be Dorfs versus Tzeentch in the Realm of metal. Whether or not that means Fyreslayers, Steamhead Duardin, Metal Dwarfs or whatever else I can't tell you.
Expect the worst and hope for the best?

>still no freeguild

I honestly dont expect them to split up the grungni duardin into 2 different groups. I think we have been hearing mixed rumors and people take them to be 2 different things. I have a feeling that GW hasnt even finalized a name for them, and going through different iterations. Hence steamheads, metal, or whatever.

I imagine they will get a battletome, and a new release or 2 that fits with the theme of the more modern dwarf kits, aka the longbeards, hammerers, irondrakes, and ironbreakers kits

All in all i look forward to something. Anything.

Although pic related could be the worst possible thing they could do.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Silver Tower hero box containing special models to represent the heroes from Vermintide

I'd pay 50 bucks for it even, which is more than twice what I paid for vermintide

also keep in mind that steamhead was either a nickname placeholder name.

Remember in the aos box set book, it hinted at the mercenaries the 'red slayers', which of course later were revealed to be named the fyreslayers.

So i wouldn't take any stock in steamhead.

dont worry, man. we'll get there

>yfw steamhead duardin are sigmars mechanicus

well the ironweld arsenal kindof already are. Although it is a mix of duardin and human engineers building crazy shit for the war effort.

It's pretty cool fluff actually. In the order battletome it describes the role of the ironweld arsenal to be demolition and siege. They get called out of azyr to pretty much raze chaos shit to the ground, and with this human/duardin team bro force, they do it rather successfully.

I'm sure there will be Battletome: Free People when they re-release Bretonnia.

:^)

I know that feel. Anyone else /tombkangs/ here? Here's some lists I'd like advice on.

1k:
Setra - 360
Tomb Herald - 100
Skeleton Chariots - 140
Skeleton Warriors - 80
Necropolis Knights - 160
Necropolis Knights -160

For 2k, add the following to the above:
Royal Warsphinx - 340
Royal Warsphinx -340
Skeleton Chariots - 140
Upgrade Warriors to Horsemen - 20 (100 total spent)
Necropolis Knights -160

Thoughts? The main idea is to get all those delicious +1 hit/wound bonuses stacked to abuse the Necropolis Knights ability to do crazy mortal wound damage on attack. Given they regen 2 models each turn thanks to the herald, they should stick around. That isn't even taking in account the Death alliance ability and the fact the sphinxes will probably be retard magnets.

My other ideas were to cut the chariots entirely and downgrade them to zombies to squeeze in another 1-2 squads of Necropolis Knights, or maybe a necromancer/another herald.

40mm for the regular fatties, consider 50mm for leaders, heroes, and the like.

This "Get Started" Nurgle boxset looks really tempting but I wanted to ask you guys...

Are any of the units in the Nurgle box fieldable in 40K in any respect?

Yes, all of them.

You mean the Daemons of Nurgle one? All of that can be fielded in both games. That's why the box is both on the AoS and 40k part of the GW store.

They put Titus and Sidonus from the Space Marine vidya into the sternguard kit, it's not impossible that they'll sneak the vermintide characters out somewhere.

Do chaos dwarfs exist anymore? Do you think tomb kings will ever be back?

>tfw you started a dog's of war army right before they squatted them

If I remember right, chaos dwarfs got a brief mention at some point. I know nothing about tomb kings though.

FW is making models for Chaos dwarfs for AoS.

Though in one of the pics in balance of power, from Nulahmia, one of the skellies is carrying a TK banner.

Honestly they shoulda axed the VC skelly kit and kept the TK one. TK one was way fucking better

None is holding that standard, user.

no , you're only allowed to edgy skellingtons

>TK one was way fucking better

TK skellys are old as shit and awful.

iam using mantic skelly - yes mantic quality is uhhh but skelly kit is so much fun

Ranged weapons

Tomb Kings are pretty edgy as well, they went around raiding the coasts of the old world for slaves.

>putting your personal information on Veeky Forums

Hahahaaahaha