We all like to poke fun at SJW and Tumblrinas...

We all like to poke fun at SJW and Tumblrinas, but has anyone here actually played a trans/non-binary/genderfucky character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OixtnOZrT1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, I think a lot of people have played Elves.

I once played a Trans-Bear, if that counts. The "race" entry on his character sheet said "Human", but he insisted that he was a bear afflicted by a terrible curse that occasionally caused him to transform into a hairless biped, and that only his druidic magic was able to keep this curse in check.

It took five sessions for the rest of the party to figure out that the big guy with the hammer (an awaken gorilla with a Hat of Disguise) was my animal companion, rather than the other way around.

>genderfucky
I fuck people regardless of their gender.

It's not an axis that I consider important for characterization, which I think is the case for most people around here. That's what leads to the mockery.

A lot of people think it's silly to pretend to be elves and dwarves and dragons, hence more mockery.

Only in ERP games for fetish reasons. Nobody in my group cares about gender politics, so nobody has ever tried to make a trans character or anything.

I don't even see how it adds much. I suppose it might make for an interesting character motive to try and find someone to polymorph you into whatever you identify as, but even that magic is usually rather easy to find.

Eclipse Phase, take a pleasure pod morph, change gender overnight at will.

Alternatively just body swap yourself every day.

First post is best post.

Two straight players made gay characters that ended up becoming a couple in one of my games if that counts. It was mostly played up for laughs though.

I'd quite like to have a trans character in my setting, but it seems like something difficult to pull off, since obviously they wouldn't have access to the same kind of understanding of that sort of thing as we do today.

Dohoho!

Closest is a "genderfluid" changeling that switched at whim when not keeping disguises.

Kept tons of fashionable outfits for each gender, too.

I tried playing a transvestite once, but I couldn't keep the personality solid enough outside of "transvestite", so I made another character.

Just give them a "curse" of gender-reversal or some shit. Unless you're making a point to play in a Low Fantasy setting I don't see why shit like that doesn't happen every other day.

Closest thing to the theme is the life and death god in my setting that has some Vivec-esque gender stuff going on.

Only thing close is when I played an AI in shadowrun who gain control of a renraku pleasure doll whorehouse.

No, Elves are all Femme, Dwarves are the Trans/non-binary/genderfucky race.

Lots of people have played Slaaneshi

having one ginormous claw for a hand isn't a gender though.

Does a eunuch count?

You need to check your privilege you normi-appendage fuck.

>We all like to poke fun at SJW and Tumblrinas
Veeky Forums is heavily jerking left though

It is on Tumblr.

And even everywhere else, Slaanesh is a gender category all its own.

I looked up what demiboy was because it sounded fucking stupid and what I read on the gender wiki confirmed that all this gender bullshit is fucking stupid.

Male, female, both, neither. Those are the ONLY gender "identities".

W-wanna fuck me?

Needs moar

Wasn't in the game, but someone I know made a trans Warlock who got his patron to transition him, in exchange for totally normal, on the level, not at all sketchy acts like throwing a weird rock into the village well after walking around the town square with it counter-clockwise three times.

Really, though, that sort of character would work for any desperate desire.

I shouldnt be cracking up this hard, but I am.

>poke fun
Just a little good-natured ribbing.

I also looked demiboy up.

That site is like staring into an abyss.

I have an LGBT group that's made up of about 80% transgender people. all of them play fairly well and don't shove in LGBT stuff though.

I've played roll-for-orientation games with my favorite GM and even run one. I didn't like running it, I'd rather just let my players play what they want as the story is not about them sticking their somethings into out of to the side of or any other preposition of other somethings. Surprisingly no one had a real problem in any of the games where we rolled anyway, though. I also always rolled my boring straight self.

we need to go... DEEPER

I pick Separatist, to be true CIS scum.

>I've played roll-for-orientation games with my favorite GM and even run one

You'd really wanna do that more for a gamma world type game where "giant man-moose with a laser gun for an arm" and Chargen is balanced more heavily around really random outcomes.

not mention you would have to mechanically balance all those genders, which would be a nightmare

And yet the meaning of those symbols is still probably more widely understood than , like look at that shit for a moment; the symbol for "dry clean using any solvent except a solvent that doesn't contain the letter p" is a fucking P in a circle - but the symbol for "only use petroleum solvent" is a fucking F in a circle.

And what does "do not dry" even mean, like must you keep it forever moist or...no seriously, what?

It's apparently found only with the "do not wash" stuff - you use it until it's dirty, then you get a new one, you don't wash it

No idea what sort of thing that might be though

yeah but then the "do not dry" symbol is really a "you done fucked up if you washed this, idiot" symbol.

Why is this included in the one true universal language?

To be fair they're kind of mundane in the settings of most games. When you put it next to magic shapechangers or transcendental bodyswapping cyborgs it's just sort of a moot point. I've had some friends play characters with their own identity preferences in modern fantasy stuff but considering I'm not super eager to take time aside from the plot to roleplay realistically and persistently harassing them it hasn't chalked up to much. I did once play a philandering nobleman's son cursed by a witch to be a genderless golem whose libido just translated into pure rage, if that counts.

Omg i love this

Roger?

>We all like to poke fun at SJW and Tumblrinas, but has anyone here actually played a trans/non-binary/genderfucky character?

Only to poke fun a a SJW Tumblrina.

No they are not. There are no female dwarves, only their men and their anvils.

I had a character who was a clockwork construct, originally built to carry heavy loads for dwarf craftsmen. I insisted they were a "they" and agendered because why would you bother teaching gender roles to, what essentially, was a forklift. Using they "they" pronoun was a good way to remind myself to roleplay as a forklift that gained sentience.

Then there was the clockfuck gendered modron in planescape torment who fell in love with a small mechanical clock.

>bipolar junction transistor
Oh, I'm laughin. Hard.

>Veeky Forums is heavily jerking left though

So you mean now it's only Moderately Conservative?

I played a trans character in reaction to a shitty DM. I was playing a woman and my DM kept making shitty jokes about how that meant I was gay or whatever. I relented and put her in heavy, bulky armor and said they should call her a "he" now. Underneath the armor no new characters could tell and we eventually forgot he was ever a woman.

I did once play a steampunk automaton that was convinced it was a princess trapped in a robot body. Only I never did get around to resolving that plot so it wasn't clear if it was some kind of confused robot or if it actually was a princess who got her soul stuffed into a machine.

I think he's referring to how we're mostly right handed and have jerked it to so many different fetishes that our dicks all point slightly to the left.

>but has anyone here actually played a trans/non-binary/genderfucky character?

Yes

I once played a trap in an ERP game

>not jerking it on a rotating shift schedule

>not jerking it with the left and finishing with the right

>not hands free

Why does the Seperatist symbol look like a TIE fighter's wing?

I used this dragon-troll creature a few times on roleplays. Patachu's a male intersex, he's got a vagina, which alone is confusing for the enemy.

I'm detaching from it since his creator hates LGBT related topics.

Kinda?

I'm playing a floating plant dude like pic related, and I've not really bothered to give it a sex/gender. I'm enjoying playing a happy go lucky fish out of water sort of character, so having the more normal humanoid races not being able to tell adds to the charm.

Genderless robot, but that's it.

>not left hand jerking master race

It's like you don't want to dual wield your dick and a mouse for maximum efficiency.

Every day of my fucking life.

>tfw you realize your gaming group has had a grand total of one cishet individual in it

>being a lefty

I thought these were Pokémon from the thumbnails.

Lets take some time to mock a once-roleplayer who wrote cringey poetry about always oppressed or somesuch

youtube.com/watch?v=OixtnOZrT1g

Yes, but it was entirely for masturbatory purposes.

No amount of fire resistant armor gonna stop dat burn.

It had to be done.
If you don't like the second response, feel free to scrub it off.

he's aying most sensible right handers jerk left handed because their good hand has to navigate the computer

I played a robot once.

I proudly identify with no steam finishing 200c°

Guys this is so cute!

My current campaign had the elven Cleric of Corellon calling his diety a "her" constantly, even though I (and the rest of the players) thought Corellon was a dude.

I read something in some splatbook somewhere that said that Corellon's gender changed based on the setting, and that "some view the diety as androgynous, or even hermaphroditic." Something clicked in my head.

So, in my current setting, the patron of elves experiences random, unplanned, and extremely annoying gender changes. When my party's cleric was a kid he was female, but he switched back to male recently, and the cleric is still getting used to it.

Does that count?

>Australian Male

Every damn time

An adrogynous goblin shaman who is all about trap-life because of the social constructs instilled into him growing up, his large tribe always breeds far more males than females, and so it is not uncommon for some to take the gender roles of females for protection from larger more alpha males.

My justification is that it happens in some species of animals, thought it was a cool concept.

/thread

Once played a warforged bard named gender

>but even that magic is usually rather easy to find.
Depending on the setting.

And not even strictly high/low fantasy - Exalted is pretty high fantasy as far as PCs are concerned, but shapeshift magic is somewhat rare (when you're not a lunar yourself, of course) and finding a permanent total genderbent is a quest.

Yah, I did play an asexual self-styled neuter once. Admittedly, it was mostly because of their power making them incapable of connecting to people.

I rolled the dice at the end of chargen, turned out, they were born female.

My characters tend to reflect my apathy for gender identity, and default to biological sex.
I've played a few asexuals, and have a transexual werewolf concept for WoD that I've never played, but that's about it. I haven't even played a gay character.

I select TRANS-AM.

>I once played a trap in an ERP game
The funnest shit was having a guy rant at me how "traps" and "shemales" are super transphobic on f-list, while himself having several trap and shemale characters.

Doing it lefty just feels weird and less pleasurable. Altho I really gotta practice that.

In Eclipse Phase I played a post-biological who did not identify as a gender, and did not feel comfortable when trapped in a meat body. Does that count.

No. It's a banal rehashed thread, with a banal "lol elves" response.
Only the bear is anything new (even if it smells slightly of reverse-ripping Sir Bearington.)
Your screencap is worthless.

Transgender is not a third gender you fucking mong, it's a event tag. There's only two genders and that can be bumped up to six but only when discussing the karyotypes. Agendered is not a fucking thing, but asexual is. Why is this so hard for those retards.

Considering that I tend to play some variation of myself, and I'm weird enough to, likely, be considered, "problematic," I probably have.

See, the way my brain works, I'm permanently, "cis." Male, female, doesn't matter, as long as I can get a few minutes to myself every night to work one out, I'd be comfortable in whatever sexed/gendered body I ended up in.

>"B-but, you have to choose!"

Nah. I'm fine. Hell, I'm comfy.

>"If you could change right now, what would you be?"

I'd be - able to change back and forth at a whim.

>"That's not physically possible!"

Nature disagrees. There are several species of fish and frogs that can do just that. The fact that they usually only do it when there's a massive gender disparity one way or the other means jack-diddly-all.

>and I'm weird enough to, likely, be considered, "problematic," I probably have.
Nope, you're going under the umbrella too. Probably some sort of genderfluid derivative ot whatever.

Mate, you're gonna get put in a box wether you like it or not. If no suiting box is around, we'll make one up.

So you're totally oppressed therefore must agree with everything we other opressed people think or you're are degenerate and must be purged, depinding on who you're talking to.

Meh, whatever.

>So you're totally oppressed
>must agree with everything we ... think

Hmm... nah. Gonna go with nah on this one. I will agree with you on the degenerate part, though. Fuck everybody and all their respective bullshit

>and I'm weird enough to, likely, be considered, "problematic," I probably have.
You're only problematic if you're forcing your brain working on others.

>I don't have a srsly attached identity. Peace, bro.
The only legitimate response is "Ok. Peace."

>I would be totally ok in either male or female body and so must you be totally ok with whatever body you have
That's when you'd be the shitlord.

Ah. I guess I'm more used the use of the word that means, "anything that gets in the way of our agenda." Because, and let's be completely honest here, that's how literally 100% of the tumblrinas that actually talk about anything use the word.

Everything else is meh. Fuck everybody else, I've got my own shit to deal with.

>demiboy
>A demiguy (also called a demiboy, demiman or demimale person) is a gender identity describing someone who partially, but not wholly, identifies as a man, boy or otherwise masculine,
So in other words, demiboy = special snowflake word for "male"

>So in other words, demiboy = special snowflake word for "male"
No, no.
It's somebody who is not a guy who occasionally feels a little bit guyish. But just a little, not enough to go into any serious grades of transness.

Basically point at any tomboy and they'll go ITS A DEMIGUY GIRL

I'm running a villain that's super villain persona is the opposite gender. Mostly just to make it very difficult for the players to randomly guess who they are.

I hate all of this.
I boggles why mind how tumbler can care this fucking much about words.
Why the fuck does tomboy have to have a "gender-word" associated with it?

>I boggles why mind how tumbler can care this fucking much about words.
They have literally nothing else to do with their lives.
They are keyboard warriors. Fighting for causes from their comfy chair is all their life revolves around. And they invent new causes when they feel running low or old things are becoming acceptable so they'll stay on the edge.

Plus good old snowflakeism. Invent new definition to be special. The culture's principle is to accept it. Others pick it up in order to join the specialness. Cycle goes on.

>Nature disagrees. There are several species of fish and frogs that can do just that.
They are not "changing the workings of their brain" through sheer force of will - it's a pheromone-dependent hormone response that changes the entire physiology of their bodies. So no analogy.

Someone's "way his brain works" allowing them to be a fully-realized mental male or female or whatever based on their desires may or may not be physically possible - we still know jack shit about the inner workings of human's brain, especially in that issue.

Though my money is on you just being fucked up on the issue of your identity, and currently using a convenient and socially-acceptable rationalization crutch to deal with it.

Yeah I played a crazy asshole in Apocalypse World who called everyone "T" and had no concept of genders and names. I mean I was banking on weird points as hard as I could more than anything. I tried to make him so that it was based on his connection to the psychic maelstrom or whatever. Other players were making their characters fuck and stuff and I'm like "T don't care if T wants to hang with T but T don't want T to get hurt, T."

>No, Patrick, mayonnaise is not a gender.

where's "Jew"

>I'd quite like to have a trans character in my setting, but it seems like something difficult to pull off, since obviously they wouldn't have access to the same kind of understanding of that sort of thing as we do today.
Presumably it's a fantasy setting. So yes they could.