40k general

obliteraters are overrated edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How are basilisks and predator tanks?

Basilisks are alright, would be better if you play on larger tables than 6'x4'

Predators do their jobs, I don't like their low side and rear armor personally, but their weapons are solid, and frontal armor good for the cost

draigo might, purely on 2+ invulns and 4 wounds to soak shit on, if we're talking striaght 1v1. force is useless but titansword lets him strike with S9 AP2 at init (assuming sanctuary and hammerhand are in effect, which they likely are)

being decent in challenges like that is about all draigo has got left for him besides being a taxi service, which librarians do for cheaper.

Man, you really are dumb.

You should add this to it user. It was the same user, I believe.

I personally love Earthshaker Cannon emplacements over Basilisks. Predator Tanks are neat. Blood Angels get speshul anti-infantry ones as well. Plus SONIC FAST.

Oh shit I forgot about 'I aint covering shit', 'Im 7" flaccid' guy. He was spinning gold that thread, there were a few more hilarious quotes but I forget them.

looking deeper into the math: draigo hits on 3s thanks to higher ws, can reroll one failed attack. strength 9 means 2s to wound even on t5, then scorcia needs 3s to save and still gets FNP unless force is active (assuming not since draigo reaches maximum powers he can manifest at 2) result is draigo has about a 16% chance to wound. loss of FnP only changes it to 18.5%

scorcia hits back with 3 attacks, assuming maximum results of 3 from each hit on 4s, he still only has a 13% chance to wound, and draigo will likely win the exchange over time purely on the superior invuln, but since both have excellent saves and eternal warrior it will take a long time to resolve.

Wait, was that thread in Veeky Forums? What the hell. What was even the subject of that discussion hahaha.

You know who beats Scoria? Jain Zar, removes his weapon with disarming strike and then just buttfucks the nerd.

they both suffer from being old units, meaning that better options exist. Things like the Wyvern will do you more good than a Basilisk, and predators need to go to forgeworld to get good loadouts on them, and even then a spartan tank is better.
>but predators are cheap
so are leman russ

Scorcia hits 3 times, 1,5 of these will hit. Then they multiple, on average 2 per hit so 3. Draigo has 3++ so he will eat 1 wound per round of combat.

Every other round scorcia has 33% and ~91% chance to get wounds back.

I think there might be something wrong with your math.

>3 attacks

Give him the xanathite abeyant. Literally no one runs him without it. Also, don't forget the additional attacks from his machinator array.

Ah yeah I forgot about those, too.

Yeah scorcia wins. No doubt about that.

I know it is a hard fight against Necrons with SoB.
So I'm tailoring something to counter the Wraith Spam, the objective is not to win but humiliate the cheese player.
Why Salamanders because honestly I had no idea, Feel no Pain sounded good.

The general Plan is to saturate the table with targets and force the Necrons to save a lot.

Repentians wait then hope inside the crusader with Jacob and the Librarian.

+++ Fuck Necrons (1500pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1045pts) ++

+ HQ (100pts) +

Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith (100pts)

+ Elites (155pts) +

Repentia Squad (155pts) [Mistress of Repentance, 9x Sister Repentia]

+ Troops (310pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (155pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (155pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Allied Detachment) (455pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Chapter Tactics [Salamanders]

+ HQ (90pts) +

Librarian (90pts) [Mastery Level 2]
··Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]

+ Troops (105pts) +

Tactical Squad (105pts) [Grav-cannon and Grav-amp, 4x Space Marines]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Heavy Support (260pts) +

Land Raider Crusader (260pts) [Multi-melta]

So, i almost finished my army, and soon i will be stuck with nothing to paint/build

i was wondering how difficult are the Ork boyz to customize in therms of pose? I want to use them for a silly diorama of mine.

It was a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned bringing their little girl into a public mens room when there wasnt a female parent/sibling present.

Then this guy starts losing his shit over it. Making dozens of posts, including the claim that (sic) 'guys walk around the mens room with their dicks out all the time' - which was obviously met with laughs, confusion, accusations of trolling, etc. But this guy was adamant about defending the accuracy of this statement, and several other idiotic claims. He derailed the thread and sent it to auto-sage prematurely, but it was solid gold Veeky Forums.

I was doing math with sanctuary activated, but double checking the entry I forgot it wasn't one of his fixed powers, since its been about 6 months since I last ran him with my GK list (he just isn't worth it)

so you are correct. if we account for external buffs both draigo and smash with some librarian assistance would feed scorcia his axe.

You forgot that scorcia gets 4 attacks and it will not die, in addition to two more strikes at str 8, ap2, shred, armourbane at i1 and has a second source of healing from his ld. Which since is 10, will pass almost every turn.

I'll put Kurze or Mortarion up vs. Scoria anytime.

What's the netlist for a War Convocation (aware that this too is basically a netlist)?

My dad used to do this when I was a kid and I never saw any dicks

He beats every primarch except Horus statistically.

It takes them six round for a mutual kill.

Jain zar beats ever combat monster that lacks a second ap2 weapon and smash.

Eh, maybe not. Jain disarms him but has trouble wounding him on 5s with rerolls then Scoria pistol whips her back. It'll take a few turns but Jain suffers against tough foes

Oh hey Kurzefag. Yeah, in my long lifetime, I have never seen anyone walking around a public restroom with their dick out. I did once see an old man washing his dick in the sink of a Costco mens room though.

See there are several more posts of his. It's not nice.

Wait, why is he good again? I can't remember his rules. Jain Zar's ability just makes me think of the old WoW skill for Rogues which was Riposte, meaning you removed the guys weapon. Was good fun doing it on big guys.

Good thing Scoria still has a machinator array to nuke her with.

It's not like the elf is going to wound him anyway.

Can't do enough damage fast enough to kill him. Also, he has a second melee weapon.

>PvP Rogue

That's the WoW equivalent of a suit spamming Taufag.

IT'S SPELLED CURZE YOU SHITS
HOW DO YOU GET IT WRONG MY NAME IS RIGHT THERE

Does anyone know any badass sword wielding minis that are similar in size to Centurions ? I'm considering them over Honour Guard to accompany an Emperor's Champion and the only reason not to take them is that I hate how the model looks.

Conrad Kurze you mean.

I last played WoW in 2007 or so user. I PvE'd as a Warlock (I bought from a friend, it probably got hacked) and used my Rogue as PvP. I had all classes at Lv.60+ on like 3 different accounts. I had a twink Shaman which was so OP people would disconnect if I went into battle. I also managed to get the 15k Battle Standard with my twink warrior (which turns out was shit compared to my GOAT shaman).

Anyway, that's /v/.

Don't Warmahordes have some similar stuff?

Why is he so good? Help me, my brain can't remember his stats...

You're trying to troll me aren't you

>Why is he so good? Help me, my brain can't remember his stats...

His stats are decent, pretty much fives across the board except toughness being six.

He also has pretty much every toughness related special rule. Eternal warrior, feel no pain, the works.

His entropic destroyer melee is where it's at. It does d3 auto wounds for each hit. No rolling strength against toughness. These wounds ignore armor and feel no pain, and it will not dies cannot be taken against wounds cause by this weapon. Plus his machinator array giving 2 extra attacks at S:8 shred AP2, he is a rape machine of character killing goodness.

>3++
New player here, what does the ++ mean?

Are FW Knights valid in an Oathsworn Detachment?

So, do you put him in a Xanathite Abeyant? So he's difficult because he cannot be instant killed, he's 2+/3++/5+++ with 5 wounds and I assume Vodian Sceptre does something sexy? Also, does he get +1A due to Machinator Array and Pistol if he uses the Array's melee profile in combat? If so would give him 5A.

3++ means 3 up invulnerable save.

Don't take that battlescribe pic at face value though, there are a ton of bonuses from the wargear he has that aren't being factored in.

>Don't Warmahordes have some similar stuff?
You mean Warjacks ? I don't find them very appealing plus I'm looking for something more like a heavy armored Marine (say a bigger terminator) and less like a mech - sorry for not being more specific.

Now I wonder - could Cataphractii pass for Centurion-alternatives ?

invuln save. It's not negated by AP.

+ = Armour
++ = Invulnerable
+++ = Cover
++++ = Feel No Pain.

The last 2 aren't always used though by everybody.

Scepter is melee weapon that autowounds, does d3 wounds per hit, ignores armour saves, fnp, IWND and other wound-saving mechanics other than invul saves.

He has T6? Do you put him in the Abeyant? If you did that's W5.

As for the Machinator Array, how does it give him 2 extra attacks at S8 AP2? He's S5, with +1 from the array it becomes S6. Don't you have to use all the melee attacks on his Vodian Sceptre?

I got confused because they use both invuln save and the ++ in the same sentence, implying the ++ did something special. Thank you for clarifying.

Nobody uses four pluses for FnP, like ever. Three pluses is sometimes used to describe FnP or cover. Usually cover is just called "X+ cover" or "X++ cover" and FnP is usually just "FnP" or if not a 5+ then "X+ FnP'.

Fine me one online publishment such as an article or tournament battle report that uses a ++++ save, from any year.

yes, currently

use the sigmarines with the giant 2h swords. they're nearly centurion size and would look pretty good as a close assault replacement.

The machinator array has a ton of bullshit on it. It gives him +1 toughness and a it gives him a techpriest servo array attack. In addition to his normal attacks.

That's what does the 2 S:8 attacks.

>yes, currently
Rad, I want to grab a Lancer

I have two questions about the Endless Grimoire.

First off, I just checked in the Daemon codex and it says that Daemons can only generate half rounded up on their respective Chaos god's table. Does this mean I'd have to use a Mastery Level 1 Herald of Tzeentch as my Warlord to utilize this or did I miss something?

Second, the way it's worded, does it necessarily mean you have to make the Herald of Tzeentch your Warlord? (Example: I make my Warlord a Tzeentch Daemon Prince but I give the Endless Grimoire to a Herald of Tzeentch. Does my Prince get all of the Change powers?)

It just says that if your warlord has this item and only generates his powers from Discipline of Change, he knows all of the powers on the table. So, the two requirements are Warlord and Psyker who generates on Discipline of change only.

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp
Horurs heresy kits are going to hit the shelves, at last.
your impressions, tg?

Plastic or resin?

Yeah for some reason I get that mixed up.
>Konrad Curze
>Conrad Kurze

boredom, i don't play marines

>has this item
It doesn't say this
>only generates his powers from Discipline of Change, he knows all of the powers on the table
Does say this.

Plastic. The models shown are from Betrayal at Calath. GW will continue to only produce Plastic models and is slowly moving away from finecast.
Forgeworld however will be sticking with their resin mixture.

plastic. Basically, they are the marines in betrayal at calth,
neither do i. It could be worse. You could play Tau with suit spam.

Hey there Veeky Forums. My friend is bugging me to run an imperial knights RP because... Actually I don't really know why, he doesn't even play them.

Either way, I've never actually run one of the 40k RPGs before. Would it be possible to run an imperial knight campaign with one, and if so which one?

Where is this listed under? I have a hard time believing this isnt a relic that you can purchase. Also, what's the point of buying a separate model an item that someone else can use.

>Also, what's the point of buying a separate model an item that someone else can use.
That's not the point. I think it's silly, but by RAW, that's valid.

I dunno though. I didn't post the initial query. Maybe the asker has left off something in his cap.

>Plastic
This is mildly adequate.

Isn't there some online dyslexia test you can take somewhere?

Yes, there is a way to run an imperial knight RP with the 40k rpg system. If you would like more information, check out the thread here

But will the prices be as good as Betrayal at Calth?

Probably more that Conrad and curse are both meant to be spelled with a C, so it's hard to remember which is the edgy one with the K.

Thank you very much.

Of course not, buying B@C is $100 cheaper.

go check the 40krpg thread, look for the "The Fringe is Yours" fan-created supplement, it includes rules for both use of knights and cybernetica. it has been playtested and is of good quality. (all of shas' books are decent, new one coming sometime this year with rules for deathwatch adapted to the great crusade apparently)

if you check the readily available PDFs on the forgeworld site it tells you how they can be used.
>oathsworn is fine, as is use as LoW in other lists, but for household detachments you can't have more lancers than other knight types

No idea.
But probably will follow the trend of other boxed sets and cost more but with a lot more bits to build them with different weapon and details.
quoting from NZ blog:
>This week White Dwarf revisits the Horus Heresy Space Marines from Betrayal at Calth, now available as individual kits. They show them in a variety of different colours, Night Lords and Imperial Fists among them.

>+++ = Cover
>++++ = Feel No Pain

No

I'm pretty sure that people just say +(#) cover and that +++ is fnp

>Purity seals are awarded before battle by Chaplains.
>You now realize a Chaplain with purity seals is honoring himself.

puppets war has some similar stuff under the federation tab

>Night Lords

Hi Curzefag. What do you think of my 1st claw Kill Team so far; who else would you include? Also, do you happen to have any ideas on where to look for models I can use to build Septimus and Octavia?

It could have been awarded by the head chaplain. The head chaplain with purity seals would be weird though. Maybe really old ones or from before he was promoted.

Even if you're a high rank, you would still have your subordinates put on your armor and shit. I can see a chapter master or head chaplain being given purity seals by lower ranked chaplains as a pre-battle ritual.

Thanks, looking at it now.

No. Not at all.

Like, $65 just for the Contemptor.

You dumb niggers the prices were already released in photos of WD days ago.

Disgusting

I got a weird boy with the power Da Jump. It allows him and his unit to "teleport" aka deepstriking anywhere on the table if it is successfully cast.
Let's say the weird boy is in a battlewagon with a mob of boys and he successful cast it.
Does a) the weird boy and boys deepstriking
B) the weird boy boys and battlewagon deepstriking
OR c) none because I can't because I don't know the rules

How come

what's the bolter/heavy bolter weapon from?

BaC

Can't you only cast witchfires from inside a vehicle?

If it was a dedicated transport for that model and he was part of the squad, then yes, it is able to teleport.

C, you don't know the rules

you can only do witchfires in transports

There was art around the time 4th edition of Chapter serfs running around in the middle of a battle affixing purity seals to random marines.

Because I touch myself at night.
Also, Cruze isn't even that great. I think I actually like 7" flaccid user more.

Not bad

Fuck off, fake Curzefag

At most point levels, the War Convocation itself is pretty much the entire list. Dante's Used Empodium used to be the go-to addition, but now it's probably just bulking out the Skitarii and adding a Librarius Conclave.

Needs moar paint.

Oh, shit. That was me who I replied to myself with. Maybe if I followed some instructions to be more sure of myself that I am the real me.... What was it again....
A secure tripcode can be generated by placing two hash marks in the [Name] field, as opposed to one as with a normal tripcode (ex. "User##password"). Secure tripcodes use a secret key file on the server to help obscure their password. The previous example would display "User !!rEkSWzi2+mz" after being posted.

>If you don't properly spell the names of namefag shitposters then you have dyslexia

lel

Yeah that pic is from last week. Been cleaning them up and finishing the bases this week while I wrapped up some Plague Drones. Gonna build two more guys then prime them saturday night. I'll start painting Sunday unless something else is going on.