Sisters of battle

So I've decided to theorycraft together some alternate sisters of battle in a sense. Hacked together, modelled from bits and pieces to make them look less silly. Removing the boobplate first of all.

Does anyone find the direction decent, if so, any recommended changes. First thing that comes to my mind is making the legs thicker for instance.

The execution is fine but the intent is stupid. The entire reason SoB have boobplate is so nobody can accuse the Ecclesiarchy of fielding MEN-at-arms. You can't just assume everything's hur dur retard because it's 40k. The boob plate served a purpose.

Sure - I keep trying to maintain a relatively female form. The being bigger than they'd have to be, a thinner waist and the like.

I want them to remain very recogniseable female. (I know why the boobplate exists in lore, don't worry.)

They could have vehicles that are shaped like giant titties.

That is actually really good. I like titplate as much as the next guy, but that's definitely a more pragmatic take on it

is sob power armor as durable as astartes power armor?

Ah, user, I would just maintain the corset looking piece in the original clothing tho, because Im pretty sure it was based into a brigandine armor, just as the helmet is based on a sallet.

Probably less, but the main difference is their lack of the black carapace. So they don't have the neural link that marines do.

You could put boobplate on a man just as easy.

Why not just remove the boobplate and put a giant pair of boobs on their helmet? Or maybe make their kneeguards tit-shaped. Or those circular things on their backpacks, those could be some big ol' titties.
Think of the possibilities. Both form AND function!

honestly?

this is why I dont get "I want wimmens in reasonable armor, but they're still wimmens! it is extremely important that they're wimmens!"

cause congrats, its a gender neutral armor now. I can honestly see men wearing that

of course you could remove the helmet, but not wearing a helmet is very problematic

Now I'm imagining a smith figuring out how to make knee-tits wobble while the wearer of the armor struts about. Imagine the possible distraction factor.

Actually, why don't chaos space marines ever have boobplate? And not just two boobs, like man plate on one side and then 6 boob plates on the other side of their armor.

The boob would either be living armor, or it'd have to be muscular enough to break their power armor.

The real question is why doesn't Chaos make tits and penises grow from the exposed skin on CSM

Unlike I believe taking out the boobplate is well done. That's just a personnal taste, but I feel like you made the armor much sleeker this way, giving it a feminine touch but without pointy tits. Making the legsa wee bit thicker is a good decision as well, otherwise the top of the armor will look too big.

Good job imo. Keep going and keep posting.

>Unlike the person who says it was well done even if it was a stupid idea, I believe it was well done

You're a fucking retard.

no u

My bad, meant unlike you who thought it was a bad idea. No need to jump on your high horse immediately.

>unlike you

Try again, retardimus prime.

And nice backpedaling damage control, if you truly meant it was a good idea you wouldn't have talked about how "well done" it was.

The boob plate exists because the SoB were designed after the BDSM nuns you'd find on heavy metal album covers.

Did BDSM nuns really have perfectly spherical hemispheres on their chests?

Now these spiky braziers are more fetish nun style.

Put the boobplate back in. I never understanded people's issue with that. It's the opposite of the muscle-armor of the marines, why not exemplify their form? It's so in character. Also fits good with the fact that they're all female as a rule, no guy's gonna sneak in and wear boob plate.

>no guy's gonna sneak in and wear boob plate.

You obviously haven't seen many trap threads.
>implying you need boobs for boob plate armor to fit
It's like a metal bra.

>It's a good idea
>Therefore I can't say it's well done

All righty then. My point was, I believe it's a good idea, and he did it well, which surprised me, since I thought it could easily be botched and just do a male looking armor but he didn't, by leaving a clearly feminine shape overall.

user, you need to chill.

The sloped armour on the breast would help in deflecting ballistics, would it not?

Uuuunless it hit the inside slope in which case it would possibly deflect but most likely deflect it right for the sternum. (Which you could just add extra armor to and fix that flaw)

See, boob armour is practical, with a bit of extra plating on the sternum.

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree that the boobplate should stay for the reasons listed here, but I think you've done a really good job. The boobplate is gone, but the model is still feminine, so it works. I also really like how you've made the armor look more like medieval knight armor, not only does it look better/more practical than the current SoB armor, but it's distinct from Astartes armor. I also really appreciate how she doesn't have skulls/fleur-de-lis/whatever on each of her boobs; the boobplate in the original design didn't bother me, but the boob decoration always looked asinine imo. The fleur-de-lis on the chest looks much better. Keep up the good work user.

Honestly it's a personal thing I guess. I love the colours on sobs and the ideas behind them. But just find the boobplate ridiculous. Same goes for the eldar one. It just looks so off.

It's one of the reasons why I got rid of it. But wanted to keep a sort of separation so threw the fleur the lys in.

In which case you could just make an uniboob.

Depends. FF games: Nope. Table Top: Yes

Tabletop uses incredibly large and rough statistics. Each point in each stat is as much as the difference between a weak human and one on the peak of human ability.

It's not good to use anything but as a mega rough reference.

In the RPGs it's like a step below Marine armor, but on the tabletop it's the same. Based on that, I would assume that, if you put SoB and Astartes armor through a series of tests to find out their durability, the Astartes armor would come out on top, but on the battlefield the difference to too little to really matter.

Also, what this user said.

Miniature wise I had to go for a bulkier version rather than the slicker one. Mostly because 40k guns are huge.

Uh I like this. I was actually considering borrowing bits from spacemarines for retributors, since they do seem like they tend to use bulkier armour in the first place.

Basically the left ones are SoB, you know Bolter girl, flamer, heavy flamer, meltas, Sisters superiors, Dominion, Retribution, etc.
Middle are going to be Priest, SoB carrying Simulacras, Inquisitors henchmen. Basically anything not SoB or not having a gun (Simulacra)

What program are you using to make this, user?

max, though I'm modelling only relatively small parts from scratch. The majority comes from other games and is mostly hacked together. (because I'm bloody lazy).

Probably gonna stick it into source when done.