Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

The thigh of Everqueen edition:

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
Lord-Relictor is really good in matched play; Auric Runemaster still sux.

First for Bloodbound!

2ND FOR KROAK THE OVERCOSTED

Playing a narrative campaign this weekend as Slaves to Darkness.

Should I go with a Sorceror Lord and recruit a Chaos Lord later, or just two Sorceror Lords?

2x Oracular Visions and Daemonic Power is tempting.

*Third for the Blood God

Is her cloak disintegrating?

Also how does Alarielle find time to exercise or can she just magically get herself in shape?

Have you ever seen a god that's not in shape?

In b4 papa nurgle

nothing really happened last thread, so here it is again

2000 pts of Wanderers
fuck yo dayum trees
Thinking of painting in more Autumn colours and fluff them as followers of that one elf that got to be incarnate of fire for thirty seconds

Heroes
Nomad Prince - General
80 pts
Waystrider
80 pts
Spellweaver
100 pts
Waywatcher
100 pts
Total: 360 pts

Battleline
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Glade Guard x20
160 pts
Total: 480 pts

Other
Sisters of the Watch x10
240 pts
Sisters of the Watch x10
240 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Eternal Guard x10
160 pts
Wildwood Rangers x10
Sisters of the Thorn x10
440 pts
Total: 1160

Grand Total: 2000 pts

Prince goes with wildwood rangers, Waystrider hangs around Glade Guard and the spellweaver hangs around the Eternal Guard and Sisters of the watch, Eternals go up front with sisters close behind and find a nice spot to defend

That's a lot of dudes.

Wait what makes relictor go from mediocre to good?

My flgs is getting in on the AoS global tourny hype and I was thinking of getting in and taking a break from 40k.

I was gonna get a Start Collecting! box and was looking between the Skeleton Horde and Malignants, will I be face rolled?

I heard on one of the recent podcasts (Can't remember which one) that on one of the maps of the Realm of Life you can see the buried form of one of the Godbeasts if you turn it upside down.

Does anyone knwo which map this is? If not do any of you have any maps of the Realm of Life saved?

both are actualy really good boxes, go for arkhan the black, hes the cheapest but the best for summons and his spells are insane

>Using Sorcerors...
>Thirding for Khorne

what a pleb

boys over toys my motto

Nothing, really. In a world where the Lord-Castellant costs 100pts there is no point to a 80pts Lord-Relictor except if you *really* can't afford those 20pts.

best uses i have seen for relictor are healing big models like lord-celestant on dracoth or celestant prime

or blasting a hard hitting enemy unit so they take D3 mortal wounds and suffer -1 to hit

why not both?

stacking +1 save buff with a -1 to hit debuff on an enemy is really good

That's what I said, but then I checked out the battle lines stats.
Pic related

Because Stormcast don't really need both to be stupidly tanky, and taking both cuts into you budget for Lord-Celestants and similar offensive heroes.
Also, the Lord-Relictor has a 33% chance to just not work.

The battle lines, while meh in melee, are decent at range, though a hoard army like skaven doesn't give a damn about loosing 10 monks from an 80 man congregation of filth. Good thing he's using 60 of them. Would actually love to play this army.

Can anyone tell me which of those maggoth lord's variants is best?
I got no experience in game so I can't tell myself which one would be most useful.
I'm got him and blightkings for base of my nurgle force. Gonna reinforce them with start collecting box as soon as I paint them?

Well, in the hopes of kick-starting some hip and fresh discussion, here's a 2000pt Flesh-Eater Courts list I threw together:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terry - 400pts
- Tomb Blade and Ruler of the Night

Ghoul Patrol Battalion - 100pts

Crypt Ghast Courtier - 80pts
- Ring of Immortality

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

20 x Ghouls - 200pts

Attendants at Court Battalion - 100pts

Crypt Haunter Courtier - 120pts
- Cursed Book

6 x Crypt Horrors - 280pts

6 x Crypt Horrors - 280pts

TOTAL: 1960pts

The extra 40pts left over annoys me, but there's nothing that cheap to spend it on.

The idea of the army is to mitigate its lack of range with the patrol ambushing turn 1 and the horror/terrorgheist pack pushing up very quickly. I don't really know whether this'll work because I haven't had a look at the pitched battle missions yet, but I like the extra-durability combo of the Ghoul King's spell and Ruler of the Night/Death Battle Trait, should go a fair way in alleviating the army's durability issues.

What do you think?

Dude, when you live on leafs, morning, midday and night you tend to not get fat I guess.

Get off your high horse.

Rerolling saves of 1 is that many more skulls for the skull throne.

Okay,

Finally settled on what I think is 1000pts of Stormcasts:

- 5 Liberators, sword/shield, grandweapon
100pts

- Lord Castellant
100pts

- Gryph Hound
40pts

- Lord Relictor
80pts

- Knight Azyros
100pts

- Knight Venator
100pts

- Vanguard Wing
100pts
- Prosecutors w/ Javelins, Stormsurge
80pts
- Prosecutors w/ Javelins, Stormsurge
80pts
- Prosecutors w/ Hammers, Grandweapon
100pts
- 5 Liberators, 2x sword, grandweapon
100pts

Total: 980pts

The general plan is that the shield-liberators/Castellant/Relictor form a hard centre and tarpit. The Azryos beacons for the Prosecutors and Venator, and they pull apart anything isolated. Anything truly scary gets targeted by the hammer-prosecutors and the sword-liberators teleport in to slice it up.

Thoughts? Not enough bodies?

The Glade Guard are more for 60 -3 rend alpha strike anyways
real staying power are eternal guard and sisters

Yeah, I saw that. Glade guard seemed pretty cool. Like I said, wouldn't mind playing against

Morbidex and Orgotts are both pretty punchy and offer some support. You can throw either in a Rotbringers list and they'll probably do their job. Orgotts has a farily reliable damage output while Morbidex is tougher.
Bloab really wants to have a list built around him, since his unique spell is potentially devastating if used right.

Sorcery fags get out...

Honestly Bload Rotspawned
The Rotbringers mage is meh at best, and He's really good, the others are useful but only in certain situations

Woho, I just calculated I have 300 pts to play with.... Not much, but hopefully it will be 300 well painted points!

Question; If I go Ironjawz, as I intend mainly because I love the idea of Brutes as line troops, do I always miss out on the other good (by good, I mean new releases) stuff team Destruction gets?

Say for instance that they release a new.. .I don't know, warmachine or some shit like that, can I bring it in my list and still play Ironjaws? Or does it work as in 40k, that I can get a "formation" on the side, containing a completely different army from the Destruction table?
Reason I ask is, while the models in the Ironjaws range looks great (personal opinion here, I know), apart from the old Ard boyz models, they are few in numbers and I fear I wont have much of tactics to speak of. No ranged units, no warmachines, I got brutes, boars, and heroes, thats about it. I have no problem that they are few in numbers, an elite force so to speak, but I just wished there where more things to ad... and new ard boyz models!

My feeling is not enough punch. You've spent a lot on heroes, but most of them are kind of average in fight, good enough but nothing spectacular. Prosecutors and liberators are similar, while solid they also don't hit *really* hard, and probably won't get it done against anything "truly scary".

Personally, I would drop the Vanguard Wing (if you teleport those liberators you're left with 5 dudes trying to hold the line and that's just too few, the enemy will get round the sides and swarm you in attacks), the Azyros or Relictor, and the Gryph Hound, and splash the points on a Celestant on Dracoth.

>Get off your high horse.

Not based Juggernaught

>Rerolling saves of 1 is that many more skulls for the skull throne

Trying to keep people from losing their skulls for Khorne...

A true Wizard Fag, go play Nurgle or something is you want to live. Khorne is THE anti wizard faction, you can play your grand alliance of chaos army and run your wizards but dont you dare think that makes you a real khorne player.

Such weakness...

I always thought that "MAIM KILL BURN" sounded better instead of "kill maim burn", It sounds backwards like this.

>playing stormcast without retributors

Why even bother

Sounds pretty neat. With the 5+ save on everything and the regrowing ghoul units they would feel like a proper rabid undead horde.
You'd need to be carefull that the enemy doesn't just snipe out the heroes but I guess that goes without saying. Of course the question is, do you actually have the 60 Ghouls needed to field this?

Shitty that the Ghoul Kings command ability is effectively a summon. The 40 pts thing is something you just gotta accept. Most armies I tried to make lists for have these kind of 20, 40 or even 60 pts they can't use in the end.

Normally that diet doesn't build up thunder thighs either.

If they release new stuff with the Ironjawz keyword you can add those to your army while keeping he brutes as battleline. If it doesn't have the ironjawz keyword it would break your allegiance. There likely will at some point be new releases for the ironjawz, I just wouldn't expect them too soon.

Thanks for the response!

Good point about the hero-sniping, that was sort of the reason I chucked the immortality ring on the ghast since he seemed the most vulnerable to it with his paper-thin 4 wounds.

I do actually have 60 ghouls! I used to field a unit of 40 in 8th ed and just picked up another box of 20 today. It'll take a fair while to get the old 40 rebased but I can't have mixed bases in an army, I just...can't

I like Prosecutors :(

I wanted to take the Celestant on Dracoth as I have the model, but he's so expensive. I can move things around, drop a Knight and something else to fit him in and grab a Lightning Hammer for some mortal wounds.

How are the AOS books? My job gives me a lot of time to read and I'm thinking about picking up some of these novels.

Thanks for the help.

Are there certain play styles these two do? I read that they are both within Grand Company Death so, assuming that would be equivalent of 40k Battle Bros. right?

All I know of AoS is that its 40k with less dakka and rules. Apparently.

Theres a lot of good spectacle and action, and some cool stuff with the heroes
as for character development it does fall a bit flat, but i didnt find that at all surprising, its a new setting and no one really knows how it all works yet

>theres no Rule of One for stacking Ignore Wound rolls

ayyyy time to stack invuln saves

I'll go with Bloab then, thanks for a tips anons.

>saurus sunblood still out of stock

So this guy responded to me yesterday but I was away and couldn't reply. My question is, the last line of the wargrove possibilities roughly translates to "Any number of additional units of sylvaenth".

As long as those additional units aren't in a battalion and are of the type Sylvaneth, does that mean I can just add various models and units there? For example I want to build a Gnarlroot army and as long as I meet the household w/ a Treelord Ancient requirement, I can just add on 20 Dryads, another Treelord Ancient, etc.?

I really dislike the Ard-Boyz model. Not only is it outdated, that gut-plate... That damn gutplate making them look as if they have a beer-belly about to break a heart attack any minute now! The fit of the models legs and gut is just so ugly. A squatting, back-arching, gut pouting fatty with his head between his shoulders.... sigh...
Well I guess there is always greenstuff, but that would mean a TON of work, as these guys are to be my line unit, and come in big clumps of models.
Anyone know of a good conversion, or perhaps an alternative model?

Yes.

And I assume I still need to fulfill the battleline requirements

I'm not sure. We don't have the needed GH leaks. I guess yes.

I'm just curious. What do you think the special rule do?

Orghotts wants to be the best, but is the absolute worst. His Command, rerolling To Wound for one unit, can be gotten elsewhere without clogging up your Command slot and his damage output is wonky at best, except for the acid blood.

Morbidex is powerful in melee, but only really good if you play lots of Nurglings (like, 2 units of 6 each)

Bloab is a Wizard with one of the best unique spells in the game and some annoying as fuck auras to spread around and his damage output is still pretty decent, even his shooting is good (incredible for Chaos standards actually, but that isn't saying much).

I took Bloab and am thinking about getting Morbidex once I have enough Nurglings for him to be useful. I suggest you do the same. Get Bloab, then decide if one day you'll have another and then pick Morbidex because Orghotts sucks.

>giving not-Vlad's Ring to a Crypt Ghast Courtier
this is actually an incredibly good idea.

Yes, you can add units not in Battalions so long as you keep the base requirements of the Wargrove.

Yes, you still need to keep Battleline requirements.

Why think? The other German user translated that two threads ago. But I'm too lazy to dig through it so I'll translate it for you:

>Seeker of Knowledge
>Treelord Ancients, Branchwyches and Branchwraiths in this Wargrove can all attempt to cast/unbind an additional spell per turn

>Magic
>Every Gnarlroot-Wizard knows the following spell in addition to all others they know

>Verdant Harmony
>Casting value 7. Pick a Sylvaneth-unit within 18". Resurrect one model that was killed earlier in the game. If you picked a unit of Dryads or Tree-Revenants, resurrect D3 models instead

It's a really nice Wargrove, but i'd rather run my "REEEEEEEEE NORMIESSS" list

YOU DISGRACE THE NAME OF KHORNE, COWARDLY CUR! YOU TEMPT THE SKULL LORD'S WRATH WITH YOUR DISPLAYS OF WEAKNESS!

A TRUE WARRIOR ONLY NEEDS HIS FISTS, HIS BLADES, AND HIS MIGHT TO SLAY! YOUR PATHETIC DISPLAY ETCHES YOUR FATE AS ONE ONLY FIT TO BE A SACRIFICE TO THE LORD OF BATTLE!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

>Seeker of Knowledge
>Treelord Ancients, Branchwyches and Branchwraiths in this Wargrove can all attempt to cast/unbind an additional spell per turn

No. ONE Treelord Ancient, Branchwych or Branchwraith in the battalion can cast one additional spell in every hero phase.

>A TRUE WARRIOR
A true warrior wouldn't worship Khorne.
That's for butchers and barbarians.

A true warrior worship Slaanesh.

Hey, I'm pretty new to war gaming in general (AOS is my first). I just picked up the virulent hoard box and a battletome because the idea of religious rat men was entertaining. How does this look for a 2000 point goal?

>general
Verminlord corruptor with crown of conquest and great destroyer

>congregation of filth
40 plague monks
Plague furnace
40 more plague monks

>plaguesmog congregation
10 plague censer bearers
Plague furnace
10 more plague censer bearers

2 plague claw catapults

I'm thinking the congregation of filth will be the primary force while I use the plaguesmog congregation for flanking and that lovely 3-9 mortal wounds. Then just fire from behind with the verminlord and the plague claws.

The furnaces will either have talismans or crowns

Slaanesh lacks HONOR!
Khorne does not demand excess!
He only demands Blood and Skulls!
KILL MAIM BURN!!!

What sort of list do you build around Bloab, anyway?

To be exact, it says "A" Treelod Ancient or Branchwhatever that is part of this Wargrove.
Whether that means "only one out of all of them" or "each and every one", I cannot tell. Translation is always wonky and in this case, it's very ambiguous. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

Lol.

It doesn't get translated to "a" because it is "or" and not "and" in the listing.
Also GW uses "every" if they mean each part of a listing.

Finally just look up the points in the GH and compare it to the point values of the other battalions. This won't be a magic level for every caster...
This will be "One".

I actually have no clue what I'm doing guys, I just but in a bit of everything. Can I please have some help?

You can either build a Nurgle army around him, preferably with a Harbinger of Decay, Plague Drones and Chaos Knights to capitalize on his high Move or like Gorebeast-user, you can try to capitalize on Bloab's unique spell. If you do, you need stuff to deal damage to your opponent in each and every phase, meaning a Wizard to shoot an Arcane Bolt at them in the Hero Phase, a couple Flamers for some reliable ranged attacks, a Gorebeast Chariot or two to deal damage in the Charge Phase and then some powerful yet reliable melee attackers.

Question, is Ardboys black orcs?

yes

It may be in the upcoming book.

>Finally just look up the points in the GH and compare it to the point values of the other battalions. This won't be a magic level for every caster...
This is not a good argument. First Rule of One says you can only cast each spell once per turn, meaning the usefulness of several casting attempts on a single Wizard is not too great. The points tend to reflect this, with double-cast Wizards costing not that much more. See Warlock and Arch-Warlock. Arch-Warlock costs 40 points more, yes. But he also has three times the melee damage, a 2 higher Save and a better unique spell, so the second casting attempt is barely relevant to the points.

The map in question is in Godbeasts, the part where the Skaven try to unearth Behemat. If you turn the book upside down and squint real hard, you can see a mountain range that shows his head and another mountain range that hints at a shoulder and an arm.

thanks user. Does anyone know where I can find black orc heads? got a shit ton of orcs from my brother but the orcs dont have any heads.

Where are their heads user?

This it?

Yep, that one.

I just don't see it

>people making 2k lists with 100+ models

Part of the appeal for AoS, to me, was not being forced to purchase, assemble and paint 100+ models to play a game scale better suited to something like Epic or Warmaster.

I know his head is there at the top, but I can't help but see the pillars of stasis as beady eyes and the torc as a huge mouth.

Basically this.

Even my Sylv list has 61 models at 2000 points
It's so dull, but that's how Dryads work in squads of 20 or more

Keked

Looked like eyes to me too

The Torc us suppose to be his crown.

2k lists are definetey not standard. I see 2k beign "huge"battles when you really want to pass an entire evening on one day.
IMHO 1500 points is the best format, 1k beign a smaller, quicker game.
more than 2k is just a mess.

Yeah I'm just gonna play 600-1200 points on average I think. Probably 1000.

One word: skaven

At my local hobby place, we did 100 point scgt, so I can see us doing 2000-2500

You know, you could just, you know, not play 2000 points. I think the absolute maximum I'll ever do is 1500. Anything above that isn't my kind of game size anymore. And even then, the amount of models depends heavily on how you build your army. I mean, the harshest example is Gutbusters. I CAN fit well over a hundred models into 1000 points. Or I could just leave the Gnobla-- ehm, Gutbuster Grots, out and play more Ogors.

cannot unsee.

Not quite. Archaon wants to use it as a giant collar for Behemat.

What do you guys think of this?

Brass Stampede
Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
- Crown of Conquest
3x (3) Mighty Skullcrushers
[700]

Dark Feast
Kordrok the Slaughterpriest
- Favor of the Gods
Bloodstoker
1x (20) Bloodreavers
2x (10) Bloodreavers
[460]

Goreblade
1x Mighty Lord of Khorne
- Chaos Talisman
1x Bloodsecrator
- Beguiling Gem
1x Bloodstoker
1x (15) Blood Warriors
1x (10) Bloodreaver
1x Khorgorath

[840]

[2000]

Have I understood the rules right when saying that during turn A, my unit suffers X wounds, I allocate them starting with a model of my choice, taking of wounds until dead, pick a new model and repeat.
When the wound pool is depleted, lets say I have a model left damaged with 1 wound remaining. Do I need to pick that same model again the next time this unit takes damage, as so no to spread out the damage? Or can I (this is as I read it) simply pick a new model to start picking away on?

See the rules for allocating damage are very clear on what to do during 1 combat phase, keep allocating wounds to model X until he is slain or you run out of wounds, but not that the following combat phase must start with the damaged model.

>Do I need to pick that same model again the next time this unit takes damage, as so no to spread out the damage?
yes.
>Or can I (this is as I read it) simply pick a new model to start picking away on?
no.

It was clear enough for me, but they clarified it on the faqs.

The faq explicitly say that the intent is that a max of one model in the unit is wounded at any time.

I don't play skaven, but you seem to have the right idea here.
I'd give the plague furnaces either the chaos talisman to keep it alive better in the front lines or the crown of conquest to further limit troop fleeing.

Like this:

>general
Verminlord corruptor with crown of conquest and great destroyer

>congregation of filth
40 plague monks
Plague furnace with chaos talisman/crown of conquest
40 more plague monks

>plaguesmog congregation
10 plague censer bearers
Plague furnace with chaos talisman/crown of conquest
10 more plague censer bearers

2 plague claw catapults

Sorry, forgot to tag you keep in mind that GW will probably be coming out with some pestilens exclusive command traits and artifacts in the near future

SO why did AoS focus on clan pestilence? Literally worst clan? Why not the other ones, such as pic related.

I dont know user, they seem to have lost them! I could do some silly conversions, but a place to buy just the heads would be nice.

Queek aside, Clan Mors is a generic warrior clan. There's not much to say.

Ok thanks.

>Clear enough

A note on this comment. Because this isn't enough for me you see. RAI is not how a game should be played at all, because once you meet up with new players we all have a interpretation of the rules if they are badly written. As in the example, the only thing clear is actually that during 1 combat phase/ranged phase, I must distribute all my wounds trying to take away full models where possible, not to spread out the wounds. But after this, according to RAW, you are eligible to pick another model in the following combat/ranged phase, as no rules prohibits you from doing so.
Not trying to start something here, just explaining trying to explain that you cannot take your personal interpretation of RAI and see it as the obvious. Because in the end you will find a dozen personal interpretations of the same rule, that are just as obvious, when rules are badly explained.

>You will never have a full army of Clan Skryre, bringing the zap-killings to the ugly man-things

I do not get why they got rid of Queek is all. And I do not understand why they did not expand clan Moulder/Skyre/Eshin, so many more cool units you could make for them. also clan pestilences going nurgle is bullshit, so pissed the great horned rat has been cucked

Queek died and they had to sell their shit. I agree, pestilens is probably by far the weakest skaven clan.