MTG Commander

I am looking to upgrade my Daghatar the Adamant deck. I know there are better commanders for a +1/+1 counters and enchantment deck but it is the first deck I built. I am hoping to not have to pay through the nose to make the deck a little more competitive. Here is a link to the current deck list. I already plan on removing some of the cards but suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daghatars-army/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

forgot to put in the link. tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daghatars-army/

You're gonna want more dual lands always helps
Some board wipes, white is infamous for them
And maybe some BIG abzan creatures like Rhino and Ivorytusk fortress
You have no excuse to not run every card that does the same thing oblivion ring does
Some enchantments that fuck with artifacts, like aura of silence (I forget the exact name but it might be that)
Removal is important, vindicate or anguished unmaking
And finally some golgari cretaures help out a lot: Varolz, corpse jack menace and Jarad will pull you through

How do I play her? Like a toolbox plus MLD and board wipes? Warrior tribal?

Dang, forgot pic

as a graveyard recursion monster

We Spider Tribal Now

What would edh be like without the reserve list?

Not much different. A lot of biggest cards on the reserve list are banned in EDH anyway.

I disagree, the banlist is small, the reserve list is long

Lots of good cards in my decks would not be legal, lots of staples like wheel of fortune

Aren't they just banned due to cost or being on the reserve list?

They're banned because of their abilities

Idk man there's some other broken shit that's still well and alive in the format.

They'd reprint the ABU duals at some point, so more people could afford to run them.

To be fair, the reserved list is only for tournaments

They could reprint the entire list for EDH without violating the agreement

I'm assuming you meant "if everything on the reserved list was banned" because it's a more interesting hypothetical situation.

Decks built around mana rocks would be worse since they wouldn't have Grim Monolith, Copy Artifact, Mox Diamond, Metalworker, and Transmute Artifact. Mishra's Workshop being gone would also hurt artifact-heavy decks.

Green creature-based decks would be worse because they wouldn't have Gaea's Cradle. White enchantment decks would be similarly hurt by the lack of Serra's Sanctum. More painful for Green decks would be the loss of Survival of the Fittest (Fauna Shaman just isn't a good enough replacement). However, creature-based strategies would be somewhat improved by the lack of The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale.

Non-blue, non-black Red decks would be really hurt by the loss of Wheel of Fortune.

Earthcraft would be gone and decks that would combo around it will have to find different win conditions.

Time Spiral, Timetwister, Lion's Eye Diamond, Memory Jar, and Yawgmoth's Will being gone would hurt combo decks.

Intuition being gone would hurt blue decks slightly, but Palinchron and Power Artifact would probably hurt mono-blue more since they would have to use an actual win condition instead of just Palinchron+Deadeye or Power Artifact+Monolith. Azami wouldn't be able to use Mind Over Matter either so she'd be fucked.

A few Stax pieces would be gone, notably Hall of Gemstone, Humility, Chains of Mephistopheles, Land Equilibrium, Mana Web, Nether Void, Null Rod, and Peacekeeper.

Decks based around mana doubling would be severely hurt by the lack of Candelabra of Tawnos. Between the lack of Candelabra and Time Spiral and and Palinchron, High Tide decks would basically be dead.

Pheldagriff would be gone so the ebin group hug happy hippo decks would also be gone.

And overall multicolored decks would be slightly less consistent because of the lack of ABUR duals.

So yeah, I think the changes would be fairly significant.

main thread
>

Is bad. Though she's good in a meren deck

??

That's not true

>Azami is fucked without mind over matter

HA

No

That's just an oops I win kind of thing, Azami is capable of winning in a million ways without mind over matter, which can't really be tutored for very well in mono blue anyway

I would dug it if the Delirium meant you got a couple of spiders each upkeep or something. Only 3 spiders on ETB is just bad.