Warmachine and Hordes General

Meet the new war, same as the old war but with less zombies.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
until errata release check:
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254662-Current-Errata-Threads

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#b11beJ614_bM9ocLcMcPembTc-bM
conflictchamber.com/#ba1bdie0eieaeadIecdYdWd-d-dJdYdY
youtube.com/watch?v=OWaJMmIQWuw
conflictchamber.com/#b11b66cicicbcUcwcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Skorne.

is khador winter guard gunline a thing?

First for Magnus was right.

For now yeah, riflemen are good.

How do you avoid getting shot up in this game?

Shoot more, first, from further away.

Gunlines pretty much dominate the current meta, so... anything that can negate shooting is what you need.

Unfortuantley you may find yourself running the same casters/locks agian and again until your meta changes. Someone like Gunnbjorn or MacBain again and again.

Not a great situation, but what else is there to do?

If the internet is to be believed, you can't because gunlines are literally the only viable thing in the game now despite most melee units either having bigger threat ranges, high DEF versus shooting, or high armour.

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#b11beJ614_bM9ocLcMcPembTc-bM

(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25]
- Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch
- Dynamo [18]
- Reliant [14]
- Firefly [8]
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Stormblade Infantry [10]
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard [5]
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner (3) [6]
Storm Strider [18]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
- Firefly [8]

My invictors can reach out and touch you from 24 inches away with hand canons and can CRA with rerolls to hit if needed

>RNG10
>SPD5
>20pts
>UA for 4pts that mini feats to give +4RNG
Yeah I'm shaking in my boots over here with my DEF15 against shooting infantry. Oh wait you're the only person who can buff their infantry, oh fuck guess I lose now because you're an internet theorycrafter who can't comprehend that everyone else has spells too.

I mean, 5 rat 8s with rerolls and 1 rat 7 is going to chew up a good bit of a def 15 unit.

But that's not good enough because once I'm in melee you can't realistically shoot me.

ITT:dickwaving theorycrafting faggots

You're right, no one has ever shot another model in this game because they're always in melee.

best way to deal with non sloan gunlines is just cloud city. Cloud walls remain incredible at threat denial since the enemy can't even run a chump in and have everyone charge him in the back, and denying 100% of shooting that cant get away to ignore LOS.

the other way is to just bring abilities that outright deny shooting, like barnabas' swamp pit ability, or gunnbjorn / zerkova1s feats

Or you can just join the winning team and play sloan and obliterate all the lesser gunlines from further away than they can shoot with free boosted to hit shots

10" charge +quicken
10" range
4" snipe minifeat

Double up CRAs for rat 8 with rerolls at pow 14 will hit roughly 70% at def 15

If you waste your turn running into them, they'll just assault charge next turn for 22 pow 12s.

Assault doesn't work that way

can you CRA during an assault? i didn't think you could, but i get rules wrong all the time

Since I'm fully aware of your huge range I just ran towards you. If you're ever shooting at your opponent from 24" away, they've fucked up horribly and handed you the win. You get one volley off before you're engaged, the range is largely irrelevant.

And if we're allowed buffs, I get Quicken too. Even RAT8 with rerolls doesn't do great against DEF17. You'll take out a couple before I charge into you. Heck I was using Keltarii as an example but even Nihilators would be fine. You'll take out 70% of the 5 models you get, but since you all came forwards for the range, my remaining 6.5 models will cleave your asshole in two.

I honestly cannot fathom why people think they can magically sit at their maximum range and pop shots off without their opponent just gunning towards them. Your max range doesn't mean much.

>If the target is not in the charging model’s melee
range after ending its movement, the charge fails, but the
model with Assault can still make the Assault ranged
attack before its activation ends.

No shit. Maybe you want to read a little further?

>The model cannot make an assault attack if it is in melee with its charge target at the start of its Normal Movement.

If he runs into your guys you can't assault them.

You can't addualt and CRA its a choice between the 3 inches or CRA bonus.

You also have to charge someone your not in melee with to get the assault shot. Ussually this means charging someone next to the model currently engaging you

Nihilators can't assault. What the fuck are you talking about.

Has anyone uploaded Wild Adventure yet?

Id take invictors over keltari in melee any day of the week. Especially if you just ran into them.

So tell me, are you stupid or just illiterate?

Anyone would take a retribution unit over a skorne unit... anyone claiming otherwise is a fucking liar or a skorne player in denial

Got a bunch of models second hand, this is the list i'm playing with for them so far.

I hope i'm not overburdening Junior.

Skorne isn't known for its infantry.

Or its casters.

It's beast lost a lot this edition.

It's all about support. 40 points of support.

>all this theorycrafting and armchair generaling

wait 3-4 months to see what actually happens in the meta

I seem to recall MK2 Troll Warders to be initially put off, and then they proliferated into almost every troll list to the point where they were errata'd to not have weapon master

Support? Ill tell you about good support!

its not a skorne list until the support has become so bloated the list resembles rasheth in appearance

you are massively overloading jr. give him the hunter and put the defenders on caine so you have them as a melee threat when (not if, when) you need it

Can you imagine the glory of putting a few electro leaps or ashes to ashes or something onto the jr when it's huddled behind those defenders and killing him

TBF, The new steamroller had a fair bit to do with it as well.

It couldn't punish bricks effectively and Warders wuz Kings mang.

It's just bugging me that my range tech feels weak and I have to take it on the chin while my opponent just points and removes models off of the field.

Pffft, this guy hardly costs any points! He's obviously terrible.

Unrelated, the coffee mug in this artwork is hilarious

>7 points of Handlers
>4 points of Willbreaker
>5 points of Orin Midwinter
>7 points of Agonizer
>7 points of Krea

Yeah well fuck you buddy.

You forgot Saxon for access to pathfinder.

>34 points

Or he could use a tycom!

Its the start of a new era. What do you want you faggot.

So, what are dumb fools working on? I finally settled on a color scheme and keep switching between models. Ensuring it will be 2094 by the time they are all done.

What do you guys use to transport your models? What options are there for a Canadarian on a budget?

I use a lunch tray.

If you want a serious bag, then grab a KR case or something.

If you're up for some DIY, you can make a decent enough carrying case yourself. Grab yourself a big, cheap toolbox or something and then head out to Joann's or Michael's or Hobby Lobby or whatever the equivalent is for you maple munchers and pick up some foam (pic related) to make trays out of. It's not really that hard.

The guys at my LGS like to use tool boxes, the ones with metal trays, and then put magnets on the bottom of their minis when transporting them.

I went to hobby lobby for the first time the otherday. They dont use scanners at check out. Whats up with that? Do they think bar codes ate the debil?

yea my mom works part time for Hobby Lobby

maybe its "just like the good ol days". right up there with polio!

maybe its due to the amount of discounts they have? why bother with a barcode for MSRP if you're going to be 20-60% off depending on what item it is anyways

Sounds like Trolls in MKIII. And in MKII for that matter.

A nice, big, heaping spoon of support to go with your mediocrity.

>design space
>26,280 hours of development

Did you not prime him, user?

it's a gray primer, pretty obvious at first glance.

>not a shortstack

YOU HAD ONE JOB, SOUTH KOREA! THIS IS WHY YOU ARE *WORST* KOREA!

I could be wrong but isn't reinholt an attatchment now? If that's the case he can't be with nemo and he come attached with fintch.

you are wrong in a different way. reinholdt is an attachment, but nemo3 is a unit now and can have an attachment

>SOUTH KOREA

good be best korea

Oh wow yeah. I am really happy I'm wrong then. I love nemo 3.

If you have shit taste, sure.

Is there a hack for War Room out? Or is anyone sharing accounts? I'd also settle for card scans.

I normally use WHAC but it doesn't have ranges listed for melee weapons.

Yeah it's skorne, but it looks nice at least.

Tiberion is at least really good. Glad he didn't get gutted with the advent of a resculpt.

I guess the default titan sculpt was very good so this is pretty underwhelming for me in comparison to say a Behemoth or Rok resculpt

>recently buy Tiberon metal kit during late mk2
>decide to build Tiberon out of a bronzeback kit so it'd have more armored legs
>buy extra titan kit and bronzeback
>this comes out
>still havent started project
I guess I have an extra titan and a third bronzeback now but fuck me that Tiberon kit was a waste

if anyone in that shit faction deserves a nice sculpt, its motherfucking tiberion

I would've preferred a resculpted Karn or Despoiler.

I understand why they did it though since they want to bury upgrade kits

Both of those already had good sculpts and weren't simply upgrade kits.

except karn is now really terrible, despoiler getting a new sculpt however would be good. despoiler is still worth it

>Despoiler
>good sculpt

What the everliving fuck are you talking about?

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#ba1bdie0eieaeadIecdYdWd-d-dJdYdY

(Lylyth 2) Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight [+28]
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower [11]
- Naga Nightlurker [8]
- Ravagore [19]
- Ravagore [19]
Blighted Nyss Raptors (max) [18]
Annyssa Ryvaal [8]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
The Forsaken [4]
Strider Deathstalker [4]
Strider Deathstalker [4]
Blighted Nyss Scather Crew [5]

I don't feel like buying Archers yet. Tempted to drop the two Shepherds for a Feralgeist that might do more work, don't know if it's worth having three of them when Lylyth has soothing song now.

youtube.com/watch?v=OWaJMmIQWuw

These videos about Skorne are great and you should probably all watch them since he raises interesting points and they're free content so fuck it.

That Handlers no longer force you to charge means you can get an extra inch of throw distance and a little extra damage on the throw, and also means you can let your beast face exactly where you want it so they once the first target dies, you can hit a second one because you weren't forced to directly face the first target. He fucking nails it on the Cyclops Raider though. 9 points for a ranged light with shit damage output, when for 8 more points you could bring a Cannonneer who has 1) the same animus, 2) WAY better damage output, 3) higher range on her gun, 4) higher MAT, and 5) much higher damage on the initials.

Yeah, I use gray primer. I find its not a glaring as white and allows colors like red and yellow to go on more easily than they would over black primer.

Continuing painting my Cataphract Cetrati. They're all almost basecoated, with the leader model being finished.

In all fairness the Tyrant Commander is a beast in combat.

Pics or you're a dirty liar.

;^)

6 points for one pow 12 weapon master does seem pretty fair.

Wtf
>krielstone
>done
>trolls and skorne in mk2

POW12, WM, MAT8, 12/16, 8 boxes, brings another throwaway body along, has 3 relevant buffs. It's a support that holds its own in combat, so I don't see the problem.

Canada to here, with the whac posted above does it show weapon ranges for melee any where (.5, 1.0 and 2.0 inch)?

No weapon ranges, and most feats are missing. Also a couple models like Kromac2.

If I could take him for 4 without the "throwaway body" that would be, well, good. Even 5.

Wheeere is deathjack's resculpt!

>krielstone
Which is a big one. 12 pts for that + heavy fury investment. Buys you a heavy in other factions, a light in trolls. Maybe a solo too depending which light.
>fell caller
>stone scribe chronicler
>moses

Looks great, just wish it was a 6 man unit (with one shot).

Yeah I'm waiting for this one. Just wish it wasn't five points.

Can somebody scan the cards for thorn gun mags and Gibbs? From mercenaries

Does anyone think Vilmon+2xPaladin is good? I haven't played in a while (early MK2) but going down to 1" range seems bad, and they're still expensive.

Quick question, is The High Reclaimer's Burning Ash actually 2 focus to use now, or is that a WHAC bug?

I need cards, cards of the Mercenaries.
Pic related, I play Cygnar. What's Your experience with MK3 so far, Cygnar players?

arbitrary tier list, get your arbitrary tier list here folks!

Sloan is much weaker than she looks on paper, trap option for new players.
Never prioritize slayers when playing against cryx. They are just a distraction and you should target the satyxis raiders instead.
Do not target sea witches and sirens, your shots are better spent elsewhere.

With mark3, can you run a good jack focused Khador list? Thinking about getting back into warmachine

That pic isn't arbitrary. It's dead on.

I played in a tournament and got shot in the face a lot=three games lost, I finished 9th out of 9.
Played Darius twice (against Skorne, scenario points and CoC, caster kill) and Haley 1 (once against Legion, caster kill). Either those casters were poor match-up, I play bad, or the lists were weak. Almost reached the point of wanting to sell all my WM stuff and buy more Infinity...

I finished my second to last tournament in Mk2 with a 3rd place and won some games every now and then, so I think I am not a beginner. That game is silly sometimes

>Losing to Skorne
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE WHAT

You can, but you can't just throw in 4-5 warjacks with any caster and expect it to work. I think Khador is still one of the factions that will take less jacks than the others, but you can certainly now take 3 and not get punished for it. Also there are definitely a few casters in Khador where you can take almost nothing but jacks.

I have been playing a lot of khador since mark 3 came out. I play a lot of karchev and I feel like I can easily field 4-5 heavy jacks and still have a decent list on the table. I tend to take cheaper to mid cost ones but it doesn't feel like a huge stretch to do it. Your milage may vary. Also people have reported success with jack moderate (2-3 heavies) with vlad1 and heavier jack ists with butcher 1-3 and strakov

Darius into Skorne and Haley1 into Legion seemed like you chose your lists pretty poorly. Fighting big battlegroups with no damage buff is one of the few things Skorne excels at. Legion frankly doesn't give a fuck about Haley1. Sure Temporal Barrier is great but you're forced to get really close with the faction that is known for assassinating from halfway across the board.

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#b11b66cicicbcUcwcU

(Haley 3) Major Prime Victoria Haley [+25]
- Stormclad [18]
- Stormclad [18]
- Thorn [13]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Trencher Infantry (min) [10]
Storm Lances (max) [20]

Tis gon' be gud or not?

Fake or not?

April fool's was months ago, next!

They were part of a PG-only event, if I remember correctly.