CYOA General

Last thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/OeAnHjU.png
63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TCxZbkwkvGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No AI apologists allowed in this thead.

Don't start this shit again.

Okay. Different question. How much cybernetic enhancement do you want, assuming you can get any amount in any variety?

As many I can safely get away with.

all of it

you have to go back

>tfw can't make any more builds for this
fuck I love it so much but I always end up with, IIRC;
>Pride 3
>Sloth 2
>Lust 1
I'd love Greed/Envy 2, the one where you can buy and sell attributes like "health" and "height", but sloth 2 is so comfy with the greed bonus
Or maybe it's not Sloth, the one where you can walk into somebody's house and they have to serve you.

> 0.5 Changelog

* Artistic Prodigy mental boon added
* 'Beauty' clarified
* "Blessed One" white-mage ish power added. May have too much overlay with Spirit Singer; considering whether it will stay.
* Five Quest Additions: The Federation, The Historian, Technophobe, An Empire Eternal, Myth Maker
* Six new drawbacks: Tower of Babel, Nemesis, Cursed by the Spirits, Betrayal, Skin of the Outsider, Supporting Cast.
* 40 point total drawback limit added.
* Language on some quests changed to be more "neutral"
* Several quests can now be completed before present day is reached if you meet all the conditions. The Historian and Technophobe are exceptions.
* Two quests may be chosen. Quests now reward 10 points worth of benefits, rather than 5.

The Federation provides a technology-based quest for those who do not like the idea of AI. The Historian provides one for any anons who prefer to be observers.

Many new drawbacks to choose from.

So, assuming it's absolutely guaranteed to be perfectly safe, would you go 100% synthetic?

Including a fully synthetic brain?

Gonna post all the builds I made for this last thread.

Welp, someone noticed a minor error in the principals entry, which is that the last line got cut off. So I just removed that whole sentence.

Yes because I have really shitty genes user.

Alex Mercer build is go.
Mutagen: Natural Weapon 2 for free.
Athletic build
Cult Faction: Self Improvement 2 for free.
Drawbacks: Weakness, Memory Loss, Traitor(Ryan Elmore), Valuable, Hated, Body Guard. Bonus Points total 18.
Perks: Prime Subject, Expert, Safehouse.
Abilities (total points 43): Natural Weapon 3, Self Improvement 3, Inheritable 1, Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhanced senses 3, Reflexes 2, Immunity 2, Self Healing 3, Social enhancement 1, Predator 3, Shapeshift 3, Adaptability 3, Mental 2, Unarmed Mastery 2, Infection 3, Mind Reading 2.
Enemies: Fiona Dawley, John York, Bubbles. I will get two more perks and another ally, Perks will be Charisma and Signing Bonus.
Allies (4 total): Lindsey Reyes, Alex Keller (as he paid for me to be his Body Guard from the cult, also got the Signing Bonus from him), Aaron Moore chill dude I met at the bar down the road from my safe house, and the scientist that helps me Yuito Kataoka. >Alex Mercer is the pseudonym I go by when I do my cults busy work (and the target for Fiona Dawley and the general publics hatred, god bless my perfect shape shifting abilities), when I am not at Keller's place guarding him from the competitors he pissed off getting into the cult. Lindsey was apparently my girlfriend before my memory restarted and now she lives with me, Yuito is my co worker for when we experiment on the mutagen formula the higher ups had made for something. Haven't been told what and apparently they want to start a small Disaster and they want me around for deployment for if/when shit hits the fan. Then I get to be the hero that makes Zombies to kill and eat other zombies. First one.

Honestly, it's the only thing that makes sense. My genes are fine and I'd do the same. We're already a shitty, goopy computer piloting a shitty, goopy mech suit. Why not upgrade it?

we need rivals in student council

Posting one of the best CYOAs around.
Would you live in my world, Veeky Forums?
i.imgur.com/OeAnHjU.png

Does anything actually change between the different postings of this one? It's been posted for the past couple threads.

>Does anything actually change between the different postings of this one?
Nope, I just like it.

Space Marine build.
Mutagen: Natural Toxin 2
Beyond Human Appearance
Military: Training Perk Free
Perks: Prime Subject, Armor, Expert, Training*free from faction choice. From Enemies I will take Charisma, Reputation(Excellent Soldier drafted for the program) , and Unique Weapon: Bolter.
Drawbacks: Valuble, Traitor(Jim Boyce), Weakness, Body Guard.
Enemies: Derek Hall, John York, Bubbles. Taking 3 perks from these guys.
Allies (3 from perks): Samuel Mason (He was in charge of my training before recommending me for the program, as well as backing up my competence as a reputable soldier), Olivia Blake (after Derek hall tried to blame me for his fuck up I got to make my acquaintances with her), Ryan Elmore from my Charisma perk and because FUCK Derek, that lazy sack of shit.
Abilities: Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhance Senses 2, Stealth 2, Reflexes 2, Natural Toxin 3(level 2 free), Immunity 2, Self Healing 3, Social Enhancer 2 for the ladies like the big tank man, Weapon Mastery 3, Unarmed Mastery 3, Mental 2, Inheritable 3, Stylish 1.

Is there any difference between that version and this one? Because the convenience of a website is very appealing.

63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html

>Including a fully synthetic brain?
Well, it depends on the setting (how tough it is, my job, existence of brain hacking and basilisk hack, the capability of simulating the five senses) but probably yes.

why interesting possible choice don't include any starting civ places for their time? Like when chinks started massacring everyone for land or Babylon, ancient Greece?

Comfyish build is a go.
Mutagen: Natural Weapon 2
Average Appearance
Factionless.
Enemies: John York, Fiona Dawley, Derek Hall
Perks: For now Prime Subject. From enemies Expert, Authority, Signing Bonus
Drawbacks: Valuable, Traitor(Jim Boyce), Weakness.
Abilities (34 points): Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 1, Reflexes 2, Natural Weapon 3, Adaptability 3 to nullify my Weakness drawback, Inheritable 1, Self Healing 3, Mental 2, Unarmed Mastery 3, Shape Shifting 3, Social Enhancer 2.
Allies: Alex Keller and Lindsey Reyes are all I need for this to work.
Back story is optional, but I can post it if anyone cares.

>Background: Behemoth
The Big Guy for you
>Classes:
>Fireman
Ladies love a man in uniform – oh wait you mean that's not what it does?
>Fistfighter
Prizefighter, ladies love boxers too
>Evolutions:
>Plasma Cloak
I'm hot as hell!
>Hamfisted
Aw yeeeaaah, you know what they say about a guy with big hands, right? The say, 'Damn, you got some big hands.'
>Mutated Hide
Gettin' Nemean up in this bitch.
>Fury in Agony
You hit me, I'ma hit you back even harder.
>Greater Regeneration
Not a motherfucker alive who can put me down forever now. But goddamn am I hungry as hell.
>Companion: Adrianne Gonzales
Perfect Waifu, prove me wrong. Protip, ya can't. Stallone/Rocky joke here.
>Armour: Mobius Crystals for me, Ozz Fluid for her.
Psychic faggots get btfo. Ya can't lift me and ya can't read me. And Adrianne's too quick for ya slack jawed jackanapes.
>Survival Items: Purifier, Radio
Don't wanna die from poison water, that's a bitch way to go. And the radio is good for when Adrianne and I split up to kick more ass.
>Faction: Plankford
Seems like the perfect place for a couple of power- and literally hungry Mutants.

Forgot rough idea pic.

The list is just meant to give you ideas. You can pick an exact date and coordinate, as suits you.

Wow, thank you. I wish I had known about this earlier instead of spending 2 hours splitting hairs over my magical yuritopia at 2 in the morning instead of just clicking some buttons.

Adding grit to a character without making him edgy is a difficult task. ffs.

No, thank you. My secret motivation for posting that link was hoping someone hadn't seen it, so I could feed off their gratitude like a disgusting emotional leech.

>Tranform cooldown
what did they meant by this?

The amount of time that has to pass before you can transform between human and dragon forms, after transforming once.

it's not unless your definition of edgy is "everyone who is not innocent"

Shifting from human mode to dragon mode.

If you meant why can't you start at those times, then the answer is what said.

If you meant why I don't consider those times interesting enough to list, the answer is that I started early, and just haven't gotten around to adding them yet. It's low priority, since that in no way affects the functionality of the CYOA

How long until you can go back to your other form, I think.
The bigger your dragon form is, the longer you have to wait to transform again.
It's also a pretty good way to guesstimate a dragon's size.

Or you know you can just stick to your cool and awesome dragon form all the time.

Now that you've added an obviously benevolent power, how about a more nefarious one that gives us some specialized destructive magic?

Also, you kind of messed up the Rewards for Emperor of Mankind: if you already have Major Telepathy and/or Imbue minor telepathy you lose out on a gift.

Does it? Wouldn't an example of Grit be also your standard upbeat shonen protagonist that never gives up no matter what?

Orange Wyvern
Nomad Immortality
Masked Aspect

It was a tossup between Manta and Wyvern, but Wyvern won out because of the utility of it's human ability. It basically makes you a low level superhero.

But because I'm a tiny dragon, I'ma just keep movin' on.
youtube.com/watch?v=TCxZbkwkvGE

That's an option. But I like doing human things. And most stuff is made for humans. And humans have thumbs, which is the strongest point in their favor.

I disagree.

Does Sagacity aspect grant inclination toward wisdom/etc, or just the _appearance_ of wisdom?

Similarly, does Mentor grant an knowledge/increased capacity or inclination toward learning, or just the impression that you have it?

Hmm.. Stormsage is already pretty destructive, but can also be helpful. So, yeah, it's not a bad idea to add something that can only be used for destruction. I'll see if I can come up with something.

As for the rewards, I added a sentence at the end of the description of quests that specifies that if you already have a reward you instead get the equivalent amount of points. I did that to not have to repeat the same thing in several reward sections.

Just the impression, I guess.
I don't know for sure, it's not my OC.

How bad you can be at making characters that adding him ANY grit makes him edgy?

Great, I want to fuck humanity up. I'm going to proactively take revenge on EVERYONE! Does that me pathetic?

A bit. But whom am I to say? *shrug*

We're all pathetic here, user! Just look around you!

no, it makes you into supreme gentleman

(Cross-thread)
Nordic realm. I pick Warrior, Hunter, and Sailor.
Enhancements primitive, lascivious, and high-tech. So I have a dream world of tough people who sail and fight dinosaurs, and fuck, and some of that sailing is through the stars as we raid and conquer foreign worlds.

I choose sorcerer prince for spacial magic (teleporting, pocket dimensions, etc) which I'll use to pilot my ship. I also choose Prince of Maps, so I can put that to good use. I choose Crown Prince and Mystical Master, to be important and to control myself.

I pick Amuzan gear, a sword and simple armor, and a copacetic conveyance. That conveyance is my space ship. With her, I sail the seas of space and of my world.
The Traveler's Transcript, a Runeslate (like a runestone-sized dataslate) in my personal palace records my actions and contains my maps. The ones used on my ship are rubbings taken from the stone, and they'll be used by my nation too, as the king dies.

Kidnapped Cutie quest. I'll raid and take back our people tenfold.

Davenport seems a perfectly good waifu.

And I've a third of my points left. I'll enhance my realm further with sky islands and ancient ruins. Now I sail between islands as well as planets. I assume there's still sea to sail on from time to time.
I enhance myself with more magic: Flesh-crafting. The power to change the bodies of living beings. I take Wright Prince: Servants as well, and I'll make soldiers, sex slaves, specialized artisans and musicians, interesting animals and mounts, and all manner of being with my magical and technological powers.
Finally, I take Trader-Prince. I'm set to raid and war and defend myself, but there's one other coin in which I was previously poor, and that's coin itself.

tl;dr: Magical space/sky pirate saving waifus, making waifus, and being a badass in a ship.

Remind me to ensure gender equality does NOT become a thing. One gender is clearly superior.

I think this one is good.

Preach it.

Get inspired by Leone, Tarantino and Eastwood but ends up with some mary sue-ish deadeye gunslinger instead.
Gets inspired by Rome's Vorenus and Pullo, also some other sword-and-sandal stuff, but the ends result is some JRPG swordsman.
Not perfect depiction but you get the gist.

Please don't, we've successfully stopped talking about this.

Would you prefer low power and low responsibility or high power and high responsibility? Which factors matter when making this decision?

It's not hard especially first type, you just need to balance characters power and his social autism. Mary sue is always likable and good at everything, your character should not be

user, these questions are impossible to answer without a setting.
Without the setting, I'll say low responsibility which means I also get low power.
If the powers are cool enough, or my responsibilities are things I'd like to do anyway (say, act as an adventuring diplomat inDream Princess), it's fine by me.
So question 2: if the powers are cool enough or I want to do the job anyway

The goal of a writer is not to create perfect happy fantasies where everyone is okay and things turn out fine. The goal of a writer is to spew forth broken, malfunctioning things and pit them against horrible, unpleasant situations. Then see what happens.

Or so the saying goes.

This not a guide is a surprisingly good guide.

saved

>The goal of a writer is not to create perfect happy fantasies where everyone is okay and things turn out fine.

Let's be frank user, that's the goal of every person here.

Yeah, and this isn't the "writing interesting stories that have genuine artistic merit" thread. This is the "create masturbation fantasies revolving around minmaxing, escapism, or actual sex" thread.

If only you could see the terrible things I have done in my cyoa builds. If only you knew how many tabboos and laws I have broken. Even /d/ would weep at the sight of my crimes against nature.

>Children's books, fairy tales, and idealistic fantasy are all innately bad.
Nope.

Most fairy tales are gruesome as shit.

It was more intended to be a hyperbolic way of stressing the importance of character flaws and conflict in stories.

You fucking simpleton.

Yet often enough everything turns out fine for the people you're supposed to care about.

And misusing hyperbole totally can't give a newbie writer the completely wrong idea, you grotty knob.

Try me user. I've browsed Furaffinity and Deviantart for 12 hours straight because work was boring, read every pokemon/naruto/bleach/digimon fanfiction I came across throughout flinching.

This is the future you chose, /cyoag/.

pic

Yeah, I hear you. I've seem that advices a few times when I looked for advices on chargen but I'm never able to pull that off.
I mean, I can think of some bad traits but it feels somewhat disconnected, only something I threw in to make it not mary sue. Meanwhile in the characters from the sources I mentioned the bad traits are so well built in to the character that even that seems charismatic.

I'm not going to go into details but that stuff is the kind of the thing I used to do when I was maybe 14 years old when I wanted a good fap. It only got worse.

>CYOA CHALLENGE!!

I'm willing to be turned into your perfect, submissive, anal-loving waifu and sit in a plane for twenty hours to come live with you if it means you'll stop shitposting for even one night.

Traveller.

Do I have to pick which build I live as?

I've fapped to deerhearts before. I wish there were more husbandos.

Post an example of an character you've made, maybe we can provide some suggestions on how to make them less Mary Sue-ish.

In this thread, or in general? Because I've got a folder full of saved CYOAs and builds.

Do you mean harts or the actual heart of a deer?

Magical Realm. I had a pretty great build going where I left my world into the custody of a pantheon of gods while I spend a few thousand years in my personal sanctuary to reach godhood. The gods would not remember I created them and at my return things would get interesting as fuck.

Traveller

I'll probably end up as Old One food, but the journey would be fucking beast.

Whichever cyoa/build gave me reality bending, or made me God of a copy of the universe.

Technically speaking, everything will be old one food one day. That doesn't mean you can't stop that shit in your time though.

Post both your build and the CYOA, please :)

Ever! post the single one (build and image) you'd choose to be your last!

link please

Thanks for the offer. This one is pretty recent, I made it a while back for a cyoa (I don't remember it's name but found the post number )

Yasunori, although being just a high schooler, is known as master martial artists, his training on internal styles allows him to control qi enough to heal at incredible speeds and lighten his body to perform inhuman acrobatic feats. Inspired by "Divine Spear" Lin Shuwen, Yasunori consider a defeat any fight in which he has to strike more than once, because of this his fighting style is very explosive and earned himself the nickname of "White Comet". However, his most valuable asset is his uncanny foresight that occasionally allows him to react to his opponents even before the offender carries out the intended action, allowing him to dodge bullets and strike vital points in high speed targets.
His biggest weakness lies in how distractible he is by beautiful women. He is constantly seem flirting with someone in his school, not only with students but also with the docents (He is currently in "love" with the school doctor, who toys him by baiting him with seduction into doing menial tasks for her). All his masters agrees that his improvements slowed after joining the current school and is considering to back off their recommendation to turn down his scholarship unless he proves himself in the Dark Tower. This personality quirk is specially troublesome when confronting female opponents, in which he becomes clearly reluctant and fights in a very defensive manner instead.

The are some others, but I would have to translate it first.

I don't choose any build from any cyoa because I don't want to deal with any of you chucklefucks in the final reality trying to out dick each other figuratively and literally, subsequently causing that reality to collapse upon itself from all the bullshit and wankery.

Why would I want a 400lb hambeast to be my waifu?

Fuck it:
Lisa
Tika Lily
Nia Koh
Shandra
Zoey
Candy Jackson

because that's enough material for 3 qts

The original Worm CYOA.

I'll have several powers (because, of course, I'm doing World Breaker mode), but most importantly I'll have Kaleidoscope, so I'll be able to travel the infinite multiverse at my leisure.