WIP - painting/converting/sculpting general

MOTIVATE ME Edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg (embed)

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jokaero
youtube.com/watch?v=veLfxJmIzyw&index=3&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7usUQ8psGAENPYZs3XjZgsi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since i cant find a good servitor model i decided to do one of my own, i will attach the chainsword once the greenstuff can has hardened enough to support the weight.

i just need to find a damn servo arm now. Halp

Asked last thread, but too far toward the end, does anyone know where this model is from?

also, what base the servitors use? 25mm?

Limited Edition Infinity model from Corvus Belli? Am guessing here.

yes

Limited edition Druze shock team.

AL tactical 1 of 60 to nail down the scheme.

Hopefully things will get cleaner as I go through them

What brand of rattle can can I purchase that replicates the Privateer Press primer rattle cans and their priming quality?

I like the blue. The only thing that really needs improvement are your lenses.

I dig him.
The only nitpick I got is that he doesn't seem to be centered on his base, which irks the ol' autism something fierce.

Anyone have the metallic-car-body Space Marine painting instructions lying around? It was blue-green, started from a silver base...

Bruh

if you know about it how do you not have it memorized it's so simple. literally memorized it without even trying after one read. is this why people don't use google? because their brain capacity is so low?

Yeah I don't trust myself to do proper lens technique so its just white + red glaze.

I'll try to add a white dot to the corner and clean up the edges when I have a better detail brush.

pants-pissers empowerment group?

Is 'ardcoat any good? I got some with a lot of paints I bought, and am noticing my newly painted minis are flaking slightly where I handle them. If I repaint them then 'ardcoat, will it protect the paint?

It's really thick but it does the job. Perhaps since your models are chipping so badly the thickness might be a benefit.

You should be varnishing your models regardless. I would've given them two light coats of a matte or satin spray varnish before brushing ardcoat straight from the pot on them. Seems a bit overkill. You can also buy spray gloss varnishes which will apply the gloss shell without going on as thickly as 'Ardcoat.

I've been thinking about making a set of Grey Knight Terminators using Stormcast Eternals models with GK Ailettes and Bolters and FW Mk.III helms. My concern is that while they're the height of Terminators, they're visibly less bulky and look work better as true scale Power Armor Marines. Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe a bulky backpack or something that could differentiate them better as Terminators?

If you buy the Infinity N3 Human Sphere rule books, they come with the Druze mini you are showing there.

Just FYI, the kneepad seems to have written XIX, but Alpha Legion are the XX legion.

Sincerely, a Raven Fag.

as the other said it does the job, but if you don't know it's a gloss varnish it will affect the way your model looks.All shiny and wet looking, you might want to hit it with a matt varnish too. Ardcoat only is usually used for gems and stuff that should be glossy.

Use terminator torsos

Its straight from the AL transfer sheet. they made it so the XX look like they almost connect thanks to the font. I'll have to add a dot of paint.

quiet nice desu

Lower legs are a bit too thin. Or maybe I'm just too used to GW's retarded chunky marine aesthetic. The proportions make for a good cartoon style body where the guy has huge arms and shoulders and slim legs. I can see these being Wulfen if you added fur and wolf stuff.

>Ardcoat only is usually used for gems and stuff that should be glossy.

It also does a good job of laying down something thick to prevent waterslide transfers from getting rubbed off during play... but then you should go over it afterward with your matte finish to remove the shine.

I agree. I still think they look cool, but they've got the superhero body going on a little bit. I don't think it's necessarily bad, but it looks weird to me.

i phrased that badly, Ardcoat alone shoould be used only for that stuff, of course if you hit it with matte varnish you can throw it wherever you want

I'm thinking of ways to make the legs beefier without too much work, because the results look good enough to be worth pursuing. Maybe adding brass rods to both sides of each leg, sort like pneumatic supports like regular terminator legs already have. Or maybe a green stuff tentacle maker to make a lot of ribbed power cables to add a bigger silhouette to the legs.

They look like a bunch of fucking fairies

I wonder how they'd look with Stormcast or other smaller arms. Or a smaller helmet.

Check out this dude's hammer.

SLAVWING

What paints do I use for my wargaming table, /wip/?

Use the cheap hobby and craft store dollar tubes of acrylic. They're too shitty for miniatures but for large tables they're cheap and it's okay if they're thicker than you'd prefer.

If you're pouring sand and glue over your table, you can also mix the sand right into a large bucket of liquid paint and paint that on the table, skipping the whole glue step entirely.

Dunno, at that point it would just be a terminator with sigmarine legs. I was thinking something more like this but with an armet helm and some way to make him look a bit chunkier.

>some way to make him look a bit chunkier.
definitely need to beef up the legs ot make this look like a space marine.
You could try making a stencil with paper first to get the shin armor right and the cut that out of plastic card and glue it to the legs.

>at that point it would just be a terminator with sigmarine legs

That's just a Stormcast with a Storm Bolter. That's even worse than being a Terminator with Sigmarine legs if the goal was to make a Terminator.

If the goal is to make a terminator, put the sig back on the shelf and use a terminator model instead.

No spray can suggestions for someone in the US?

Also are you using an actual primer on your models?

If resin are you washing them with soapy water?

I use Stormcasts for all my knightlings. I think they work really well. Pictures shitty but its just an example.

Newfag here, any tips on how you did the leg studs? I'm trying to paint some beakie shoulders for my imperial fists and just painting them silver doesn't give the rounded edge detail, while painted yellow they don't stand out. Any advice?

Hey, WIP, what texture paint should I get to base my IG? I'm also going to use it to base my future 30k IW as well, so I'd want something that could match them both. Going to use chipped up sprue bits as rocks/pebble on the bases as well to add some detail.

Also, how do I apply texture paint once I have it?

they came "primed" black since I got them secondhand, but I'm not sure if it was primer or spray paint. I spray paint prime my other things and I've never had issues as bad.

So pretty much I should just get a matte varnish if I don't want things glossy, no ardcoat needed? What's the recommended brand/type? Army painter as the other user pictured?

Oh, and how do I prime both the models and their arms without having to glue the arms yet, as they'd get in the way of their chests?

There's a good chance they used normal paint instead of primer then.

Unless I know what someone used I typically strip all my second hand stuff to be safe. That and no bastard ever seems to clean mould lines so I's have to scrape a lot of paint off anyway.

Drill into the arm socket and stick them on a bit of wire.

You can then embed the wire in something like a cork tile or an egg carton to spray prime them.
This is also good as you can stick the wire into a cork or wood block to hold while painting the small peices.

Oh, alright then, sounds easy enough!

I'm thinking maybe Stirland Mud for the bases. From the pics I've seen it looks pretty dark, so the sprue rocks would stand out nicely enough.

Also, what colors would I need to paint my Commissar? I just noticed I didn't buy any reds or gold/bronze paints, and I know that I'd also need bronze paints for Iron Warriors as well, which is good to know.

You guys think this would look good with brass helmets?

For what it's worth, I don't think it can ever look good to begin with. So brass it as much as you want.

Shit. I'm going to have to replace all of their helmets.

Any suggestions? I don't like how Bret helmets look on them. Maybe Empire Knights?

I think they look fine I just dislike the punching daggers they use. Would be so much better with a shield or another axe.

WIP Battlefortress, giant skull on the front yay or nay?

SKULL ALWAYS GOOD

The answer is, as always, a Deffrolla

Makes it proper orky

The skull is awesome!

But I suggest (if possible) reducing the skull's size so the teeth just barely overlap the front. Then add a Deffrolla like user above suggested so it looks like the deffrolla is the skulls bottom jaw! Nom, Nom, Nom!

whynotboth-user is right

Empire knights got a nice variety of heads if I remember. Though it all depends on your taste, they are your dudes after all. I like to stick with the GK heads because I really like Grey Knights and I like to keep some 40k stuff on the models, but even the vanilla stormcast heads are pretty cool (if you dig the iron face thing). I used the Stormcast Paladins for my termies and they've got a large head selection, some of which are really cool.

too bad the skull is so long that it's going to scrap the table and terrain as you move it

Take the front spikes from the trukk at the bottom, take an Eldar Jetbike or two and have them skewered to the front. Teach those knife-eared pieces of shit a lesson or two.

While not really modeling, I did just finish a custom box-tray replacement for Kingdom Death: Monster since the one it comes with doesn't fit both expansion content and sleeved cards.

I haven't sleeved everything, but hopefully the core game with Dungbeetle Knight, Flower Knight, Manhunter, and Gorm content all fits in it while sleeved.

Working on basing while I build up my skill.

The 28mm were a proof on concept I did a lil while ago, while the 32's in the back are more recent and the style I'll be going for with the rest of my guys.

I'm not sure whether I should go for the lighter green I got on the 28's on the 32's or keep them how they are.

Opinions?

I was planning on using HH helmets for mine, but I'm not sure how well they'd match the designs of the Eternals. Actual GK Terminator helms are probably next on the list.

Fukkin robots GO!

I love it. Well executed.

That one on the right sure looks like it's ready to do some fukkin
And drill that fucking barrel

W&N, friend. Kolinsky sable size 000 for them details.

Made this guy yesterday using a rat ogre body and daemon prince bits I had lying around.

I don't play Chaos, but it will be a spare daemon prince I can lend out to anyone who rolls dark aposthesis.

What I said in the other thread where you accidentlly posted this still applies. He either needs a loincloth or a dong between his legs

Loincloth is pretty good itea.
Posted it in the other thread because it was suppose to be a stupid model.

The legs are tiny so he's half the height of a proper daemon prince and terribly out of proportion.
It's like his ascension went wrong, or you know. Leg day etc.

Give him a MASSIVE dong to compensate. Who needs big legs when you have a cock the size of your arm?

>he skipped leg day

Almost done with my 1st ten man squad of plaguebearers!

You mad Tau fags? I can summon reinforcements for free and you can't. OP?

the hell is this?

Plague on, my brother from another time

is that a servo skull turret with a multi melta behind it

from issue 29 of warhammer visions

>that sawblade
cool shit

hey that model is really cool. who is he??

Well, i got the get started box, and i have 20 blood thursters... I want to venture into Age of Sigmar, any tips on what i should get next??

Jokaero Weaponsmith, user.

Space Orangutangs that are allied with the =][=.

They also have a tiny wrist-mounted Heavy Flamer/Lascannon/Something Else.

That's a Jokaero.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jokaero

Think of them as super smart Orangutans.

Most of the digital weapons in use in the Imperium were built by this species.

They're also one of the very few alien species that mankind is on sort of friendly terms with.

one way you can build a Putrid Blightking, which come in a squad of five and act as a kind of heavy infantry. i'm new to sigmar, and i've only played one game, but i like the models

>Space Orangutangs that are allied with the =][=.
oh god I guess I need them now because I collect Inquisition

In the grim darkness of the far future there's only hypocresy

20 bloodTHIRSTERS? I REALLY hope you mean bloodLETTERS
Letters are the small ones with the dicklike heads, and thirsters are the bigguns

the mutant is an abomination

but if it serves a purpose, we can make an exception

man now i want to make a ratling army with a single commisar to keep them in line

hehe, i meant Blood LETTERS

The Inquisition is nothing if not a highly hypocritical organisation, all branches of it. So that's not surprising.

jokaero aren't sapient

They're basically used as beasts of (technological) burden.

>Aren't sapient
>Build digital weapons
I'm getting mixed signals in here

In many ways they're similar to Ork Mekboys.

They have an incredibly advanced instinctual grasp of technology.

The Jury is out on a lore standpoint whether or not they're sapient, but their incredible skill with technology of any kind is not in doubt.

if you guys have ever read the scifi book 'the mote in gods eye' that has a race of small, chimpanzee-like sub-sentient monkeys that excel at modifying and customising weapons, even if they dont understand what they do, like adding a custom grip to a toothbrush

I don't think I've read that (though I've read a fair bit of Nivens work), but I'll add it to my Amazon list for later reference.

i downloaded a pack of the top 100 scifi audiobooks and i just power through em while I paint

i've read something like ten of the horus heresy books that way

youtube.com/watch?v=veLfxJmIzyw&index=3&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7usUQ8psGAENPYZs3XjZgsi

Well, looks like I'm finally gonna paint World Eaters.