Gods turn evil

> Gods turn evil
> Kill 'em
> Tentacle monsters from space
> Better keep killin' those things until it sticks, it worked last time.

What the fuck, tg? He's doesn't even have like a magic sword or bullshit plot powers or anything, and he's still REM KAROLUS, SLAYER OF ELDRAZI! How many do you have to slay until they start calling you that? He has a crossbow and he's sick of your shit, Emrakul.

Where is my card of that guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A85ipUgy5B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Where is my card of that guy?
Sets get made in steps.

>The design people start come up bare-bones mechanics-only cards.
>The development people try to make it not be brroken as shit.
>The people who can't write good try to make it pretty.

By the time it gets the writers at the end, the cards for the set are locked in.
If there isn't a Legendary card to give to a character they make... that character just doesn't get a card.
Sometimes they try to stick it on a non-Legendary (Laboratory Maniac is totally Ludevic), but that can be hard to do.

Rem is little kill stealing bitch, that fucker was already dead from 15 squirrels

I'm still waiting for Old Rutstein to get a card

Is that the crossbow thingy from Open the Armory? That'd presumably be a piece of Equipment and therefore a magical artifact of some kind.

Rem can't touch me with that.

Can't even tie a rancid rat to a bolt to kill Brisela either.

But he can hack you up, you wretched piece of overgrown calamari,

What I'd like to know is why are they shoving her into the moon when they KILLED the other two? Didn't they try containing that bitch multiple times and it didn't work?

Zendikar is a special plane with ADHD magic.

Pretty sure they just call him Rem Karolus, Slayer of Our Biggest Current Problem

Marketing shows that she's the most popular villain so creative's been ordered to put her in the closet instead of killing her off so she can be dragged back out for nostalgia appeal at a later date.

They used the Leylines of Zendikar, which are ridiculously overpowered. They just could't do it, specially without the Hedrons.

also the leylines of zendikar were engineered specifically to drag eldrazi out of the blind eternities. Innistrad's leylines weren't engineered for quite the same purpose.

>"It was all these fuckers' fault."
>Rem Karolus, Slayer of the Gatewatch

Actually, Nahiri went through an arduous process of assembling the cryptoliths to drag Emrakul, willing or otherwise, through the Blind Eternities towards Innistrad.

gonna play u/w spirit control and call it hellen queller

worth or no

> inb4 he gets a planeswalker card
If that happens before Hedron Crab, I will be thoroughly pissed

>when they KILLED the other two?
Zendikar itself (which is alive, absurdly powerful, and generally FURIOUS at all times) channeled through Chandra to unleash a firestorm that could consume two planet-sized god-creatures.
Nissa could only manage that due to the Khalni Heart. It's not an option off of Zendikar, unless other planes are also sentient and have magic flowers that allow you to become living conduits of their phenomenal powers.
In other words, they just do not have enough mana. They had to borrow an entire plane's worth last time.

hedron crab is probably dead

That's the method for becoming a planeswalker.

She didn't drag it, she focused all the mana at one spot to attract Emrakul. Hence Coax from the BE rather than Drag from the BE

So you're saying Rem Karolus is the hero we need?

>How many do you have to slay until they start calling you that?
I built a bridge once and did they call me the Bridge Builder?
I hunted down entire pack of wolves once and did they call me the Wolf Hunter?
But get wild with your drinking once ...
t. Boris the Goatfucker

>Rem Karolus, Slayer of Maro.

Good job. I laughed. I am sorry to hear about your troubles, Boris.

But you really shouldn't fuck goats...

Rem is Innistrad's Solomon Kane, remember?

Homeboy wrestled a ghost once.

> I laughed.
It's a /really/ old joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=A85ipUgy5B4

I'm allowed to laugh at old stuff. Plus, it was new to me.

this card kinda looks like a World of Warcraft skill icon

Here ya go user

>the pieces in the background were clearly chopped more than once

Disregarding everything else wrong with that, the first ability should mention the Creature supertype, and the second ability should refer to creature type as "subtype".

Card text does not mention super or sub types retard.

>the first ability should mention the Creature supertype
I fail to see why it would not hit any (nonexistent and likely never existent) Tribal Enchantment - Angels.

Because the third ability has you pick a supertype.
I'm surprised it doesn't say non-Land.

I like this Rem Karolus guy, he's the hero we need to fight off the memedrazi.

You never slain a Mountain?

Why don't more people on Innistrad have bear trap launchers

Fuck outta here yall
I have 60 mox opals.
I have a rifle that fires rounds made from raw mox opal ore. They travel at 9,500 feet per second and have immense knockdown power

I also have grenades made from a reactive compound containing a bismuth-fluoroantimonic acid-mox opal mix. Highly explosive, which is an understatement.

I am the true slayer of Emrakul.

Because 2 damage wouldn't kill much more than a bear.

But we don't know what the bear trap launcher does. It's not a card. It needed to be.

Maybe something like: You get an emblem with "Angels lose hexproof, shroud, and indestructible and can not gain those abilities." for the third ability.

Mind blown

Anyone here use any three color decks for modern?

I know three color isn't the most popular option but I think it'd be fun to have a blue/white/black control just to piss people off. Kill spells and counters.

I didn't want to start a new thread and this one is closest to appropriate.
What if the Gate watch was Mystery Inc.

>unless other planes are also sentient
Wouldn't most planes have a worldsoul? Except for artificial planes.

>Not G/W

unplayable jank

Zoinks, Jace! Like, let's get outta here!

then who is Emrakul, Tibalt in disguise?

Rem Karolus has. The same way he did angels

Sort of, maybe. But Zendikar is uniquely alive in that it is conscious and makes active decisions with what's going on with the world above, reaching out to the mortals crawling on its skin.
There's no indication that Innistrad has ever talked with Sorin, for example.

I don't know if there's any lore about the Soul of Planes cycle but maybe they are all alive.

Old man Bolas!
"and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling neo walkers"

I don't believe there's any lore, flavor, or reason in context for the Souls cycle.

I think the most that can be gleaned from the cycle is a hint at what the dominant color on those planes is.

Zendikar is very wild, Ravnica is rather advanced, Innistrad is 2spooky, Shandalar has pyromancers and that's it. The main one that doesn't fit is Theros being mainly White, as it too seems to lean more towards Green like Zendikar.

The lead god of Theros is Heliod and he's monowhite.

Kek

Theros = Heroic = White.

I suppose it could also be white due to the heavy enchantment focus.

So yeah, all that cycle really does is showcase what 'tint' each of those planes has. It's not some sort of thing that represents the plane as a sentient being, just a really strong elemental-style creature.

I know Mark said he believed Theros was more Green than white but I honestly don't buy that. The whole plane's theocracy and gimmick is literally powered by faith, and 2/3 of the trio of motifs that make up the plane (gods/heroes/monsters) lean white. It's not like Innistrad where the monotheistic religion there is very white despite being a plane associated with black, since the WG humans are only one faction on the plane whereas the main focus are the death and destruction caused by the monsters. Theros is Greek world but the front and center theme of Greek world are the gods first and foremost.

You're an idiot. Creature isn't a supertype, and "creature type" is the correct way to refer to subtypes of the Creature type. Yes, that second one is kind of obtuse, but you're the one trying to be pedantic here.

Presumably, a bear trap has:

"~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
T: ~ deals 1 damage to target attacking bear. Tap that creature and remove it from combat.
{1}: Untap ~."

A bear trap launcher, presumably, then reads

"{1}, Tap target untapped permanent named Bear Trap: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap that creature."

> this guy has been slaying eldrazi, angels, vampires and werewolves for years with zero fucked given
> gets no card
I'm still upset gitrog didn't get an eldrazified card too

>Creature isn't a supertype
:^)
>is the correct way to refer to subtypes of the Creature type
Those aren't the only relevant subtypes.

She's the most popular villain because she's like the only one left fucking doing anything. Obs fingers are up his ass somewhere, dragon boy has been plotting, the fucking huntsman didn't even show up in this plane even though it's the last place we saw him.

Wizards fucking blow at making villains, they are always defeated in the most contrived manner.

This sets got some great cards but is an absolute failure lore wise

What? This block's story was handled extremely well, especially given the subject matter and after how most people percieved OGW.

SOI maybe, but Moon is a rushed travesty.

>the fucking huntsman didn't even show up in this plane even though it's the last place we saw him.
Garruk was last seen on Shandalar where his curse was sealed by Nahiri's hedron.
It's unclear if he's even a planeswalker anymore.

Plot was great until em hit. Then it's just super friends save the day with the power of friendship, again.
Oh you wondered what's in the moon for years? Oh it's fucken nothing lets just shove emrakul in there because its a giant helvault floating above the planet for no reason other than convenience. Raven man? Fuck we forgot to even mention him this time, whoops. Tune in next set to hear his master plan!

Magic lacks a villain to give a shit about. You got the fucking super hero group with nobody to fight except the villain of the week.

I like Ob Nixilis and hope he has a long and successful revenge crusade.

>I know three color isn't the most popular option
nigga wat
Jund, Naya Burn, Abzan Company and Jeskai Control are three of the most popular decks in modern and are all considered Tier 1

How this set could have ended with something interesting. The ravenman is not a figment of Lilianas madness, but is actually manipulating all of the planeswalkers. He made nahiri into an emotional bitch willing to do anything to harm sorin (instead of showing up for five minutes, losing her shit and attempting to kill him because she's too fucking stupid to understand sorin might be busy for ten minutes), coaxed Liliana into assisting nahiri into bringing emrakul to innistrad (instead of gisa who helped doom her entire plane because some chalky bitch gave her the attention she always craved) and was all an elaborate setup to free something ancient entombed in the moon eons ago. Marit lage, an elder dragon, a shrew, fucking ANYTHING.

Instead we get a weekend vacation excursion by the super friends that solves all the problems and nothing interesting happens. They will go to kaladesh seeking skilled artificers to help Liliana with the chain veil and then something interesting might happen.

Maybe its just me, but one of my pet peeves is witnessing blatant wasted potential, and eldritch moon just drips with it.

This pretty much sums up what I hate about the new Jacetice League centric storyline. You introduce the big bad, then they just show up, plow everything with the power of friendship then Deus Ex Machina the problem, then there's no mentions of the long term impacts of everyone getting Cthulhu'd by Emrakul or everyone getting dusted by Kozilek and Ulamog.

>it happened twice during this rocky transition of block creation storytelling
>therefore it will certainly happen every block thereafter!
This kind of attitude is tiresome to me.

This is literally the best Magic storyline we've ever had, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

How many blocks will it take for you to sing a different tune?

It's just something we can expect to happen because a two block system is pretty shitty for storytelling, especially if they're going to jump to a new plane every block.

With three blocks, it basically went:
>Set up
>Conflict
>Resolution

Now, with two blocks, it has gone:
>Set up
>Conflict/Resolution/Jacetice League

The pacing is just completely fucked. While we cannot say for certain that every block in the future will be like this, what evidence we have so far is not particularly comforting.

One, since Kaladesh will be written with the new block schema in mind. Shadows Over Innistrad was never intended to exist. Eldritch Moon was meant to be part of Battle For Zendikar.

"Artifcats" aren't necessarily magical artifacts. There's equipment that is a pitchforks and torches.

Sometimes not even that advanced.

You are wrong on both accounts.

For examples, see Slayer of the Wicked and Adaptive Automaton. You do not need to say "Angel creature" and you do not need to say "creature subtype". You are shit at formatting.

Yeah. BFZ oddly had a better position, since it already had the set-up done in ROE, and could therefore focus the first set on conflict, and the second on resolution.

But instead they doubled up on conflict in the second set by having Kozi show up. It could have worked great as Fighting Ulamog/Beating Ulamog.

SOI was trickier, as it needed set-up to establish a mystery, and the second set when the mystery was revealed. However, I think that rather than having Emrakul blow up everything and get sealed, they needed to make the conflict something that would get diminished by the end of the set, but not fully resolved. Have Emrakul get sealed sooner, but also have cards and stories showing that even with her sealed, the madness and corruption is still cropping up.

> buy the blessed vs cursed duel deck because my sister wants to try magic
> she wants the blue white deck so I take the black blue
> turns out the white blue is cobbled together garbage while the black blue is a pretty decent well oiled and synergized machine
> wreck her shit eight times in a row while even coaching her next moves
Seriously what the fuck I thought these decks were supposed to at least be close power wise. I'm shitting zombies left and right while she's struggling to even get on the board. We swapped decks and the white blue still got fucking murdered.
What's the point of duel decks if ones way better than the other?

A generally failed experiment. Should've waited for the Planeswalker decks coming out with Kaladesh, they're built for novices.

>please look forward to this product that's not actually out it will surely be good
is this actual fucking shilling

Humans deck is all about abusing every mechanic you have.

I guess the good thing about this deck is you really do feel like your trying to fight off a zombie fucking horde and are usually a turn or two away from everything falling to pieces. Definitely some tension playing Wu while the Bu just shits zombies like they are going out of style.

I don't know of any of the duel decks that are actually on a level playing field. Somehow the fucking Tibalt deck was miles ahead of Sorin's. Kiora just murders Elspeth. Dragons can't do shit to Knights. So on and so forth.

I found Jace v Vraska and Ajani v Bolas were fairly well balanced.

If the Humans get a decent equipment out early, you may be fucked, cause a 1/1 gets 4 power, first strike or lifelink. Generally zombies get a bigger field at any given time.

probably uncontained veil energies keeping his spark from flatlining like obnix's did.

>only one left fucking doing anything
Do you want more than one villain per block (other than the two we had this block already?)

>Obs fingers are up his ass somewhere
He was a villain in the last block. Jesus Christ are you amnesiatic?

>with nobody to fight except the villain of the week

I bet that changes next block.

bear trap should be a green red card
1green1red
Deal 2 damage to target creature you control
Deal 4 damage to target creature you don't control
Gain 2 life
Oops atleast i get to eat - gob the best bear trapper
Picture is an explosion killing both goblins and bear

>implying Rem Karolus will get a card in next Innistrad

The Lesbian Hunters will though

Would you like a block with Garruk as the main villain hunting for the superfriends?

If he kills them all

They could make all the Garruk related cards slasher themed flavorwise, like art depicting a clueless Jace with Garruk's shadow behind him.

Izzet vs Golgari was pretty balanced, and tonnes of fun.

I want it

not just one block.
garruk following/hunting the jacetice league throughout the multiverse because of Lil needs to become a thing