Endless Bait edition

Endless Bait edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FpVfNKp
denofimagination.com/gallery/577e056743434d0003050cc3/577e069343434d0003050cf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread is where the line shall be held! For the Emporer!

An idea to change how turns work to make 40k games more realistic and more active:

>each unit gets for actions that it can spread out any way it wants between movement, psychic, shooting, and assault
>at the start of the turn, player 1 picks a unit and takes one action
>player 2 picks a unit and takes one action
>so on and so forth until all units on the board have been moved, at which point the turn ends
>psychic phase only generates warp charges once per turn
>the player with more mastery levels rolls the D6
>independent characters must spend an action point to leave a unit and can then use their next action point to do whatever they want

What other sort of rules interactions would need to be cleared up?

Does anybody have chapter master version before lawers fucked up everything?

Any of you lads use any 40k related smartphone/tablet apps? Like for list-building or remembering special rules etc? Or just fun shit.

Battlescribe is the obvious one for list building

IA13 finally arrived from the UK.
Is there anything else I'm missing for full dedication to the Ruinous Powers?

A craft knife with which you can carve the eight pointed star of Chaos into your forehead.

Also, I hope you have lots of spare bitz to build rapier batteries with

Shilling for the discord again guys

discord.gg/FpVfNKp

After looking at the list of basically all grots oast thread, I was inspired to fine tune it a bit, to make it even better, so behold THE GROT TIDE:

Combined Arms Detachment 1:

HQ (200 points):
Big Mek (115pts) Cybork Body, Mega Force Field
Big Mek (85pts) Kustom Force Field

Troops (345 points):
3 units of Gretchin (115pts): 30x Gretchin, 3x Runtherd

Combined Arms Detachment 2:

HQ (190 points):
2x Big Mek (85pts) Kustom Force Field

Troops (230 points):
2 units of Gretchin (115pts): 30x Gretchin, 3x Runtherd

Lord of War (735 points):
Kustom Stompa (735pts) Big Shoota 2x Bursta Kannon, Deth Arsenal, Gaze of Mork, Power Field

Unbound Army (190 points):
2x Big Mek (85pts) Kustom Force Field

1850 points total

The strategy is simple: 150 grots. Use the 5 regular big meks with kustom force field to provide them with a 5++, making them a bit more resilient. Put the big mek with the mega force field in the stompa to give the stompa a 4+ invul save.
Use the Kustom stompa to take out anything big, grots overwhelm the enemy.

Now, I'll admit I'm not an ork player, so I'm not sure if that's the best load out for the stompa, but 2 D guns, one gun that has a 2/11 chance to be D, 3D6 S9 ap3 shots as well as d3 s8 AP3 5“ blast each turn seems pretty good to me.

Anyone got The Beast Must Die spoilers yet

Besides the obvious The Beast Doesn't Die

There's an app for android called 40k rules. I use it occasionally to check special rules. Battlescribe is good too,

>Kustom Stompa (735pts) Big Shoota 2x Bursta Kannon, Deth Arsenal, Gaze of Mork, Power Field

Is the Gaze of Mork really worth it?

Reposting since thread died soon after I asked:

Ideas for converting my Triarch stalker before I get the glue out?

That guardsman is holding an eight pointed star.

Posted at the end of the last thread, but it got archived after:

Haven't played since 5e. Looking to start over with some kind of Chaos Space Marine force. What can I expect, and what do you recommend?

I would join but I can't be bothered changing my avatar to something that won't cause rage so you guys have fun without me.

>something that won't cause rage
What is your avatar at the moment?
I can almost promise noone will probably give a single fuck unless it's cp

It's a chance to get more D.
My thought was that one would use the stompa by just having it sit in the back firing off it's 2 7" blast d weapons. Nothing else really seemed to
Synergize with the stompas role of providing a good number of high strength relatively long ranged fire power, so as to make up for the grots in ability to take on tougher units

furshit

HE BOUGHT TO MANY KITS

Now I gotta paint them all

So all aboard the GW train

Choo choo

>Fucking brony skype

>brony skype
lolwut?
disgusting

People still watch that flabby douche and his yes man Jews channel?

Alright, so are ork walkers worth getting? I like how they look and an orky dreadnought army seems like a lot of fun.

Shh! he's an alpha legion sleeper agent, don't blow his cover!

GIVE ME MY FUCKING DROP PODS RIGHT NOW GW YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

Discord is basically just Skype text chat, but even less user friendly and almost entirely populated by bronies.

Veeky Forums will recommend you choose an other army since their rules are old and in the lowest tier of armies atm. Deamon are in a better position so it's a start

Personally i'd say go with what looks cool to you. you can always come back later and complain about the shit balance of 7Ed and cry about eldar/Tau/SM

Butthurt WarConvo waacfag detected.

Never ever dumb frog poster

>WarConvo waacfag
You're retarded. The only person who frogposts about droppods is Chaos Lord Al'Kaps

More like a CSM player stuck with 100 point dreadclaws.

Nah, he's chaos lord al'kaps.
He comes around every once and a while, acting like a dumb frog poster does, and shitting up the thread with his bitching, as if spamming a thread on a cambodian rat cooking forum will change amything, besides convincing people that CSM players just like to bitch.

Oh wait, 260 pts.

>Discord is basically just Skype text chat
Except no it's not?
It's basically TS but way more user friendly?

THEY COULD AT LEAST MAKE THE FUCKING DREADCLAWS OUT OF PLASTIC AND NOT CHARGE $70 USD FOR THEM

AND PUT IT IN THE RULEBOOK

FUCKING CHRIST I HATE GW

more like $110 after taxes and shipping. you can always convert one out of a drop pod but then you might end up triggering your local sperghammer community.

Dreadclaws aren't even that bad though, a local chaos player uses them to great effect with all sorts of payload

Honestly if a chaos player wanted to take drop pods against me I'd just let them.

Looking for inquisition zealot models, any indications?

I'd kinda like a "webway portal" piece of wargear that allows an IC and his unit to deep strike

Would be an interesting formation actually. Bunch of troops led by a sorcerer +1 optional HQ, all get deep strike and start in reserve, can start rolling deepstrike reserves turn 1.

Asked this in another thread but didnt get an answer. Can an eradication beamer fire snap shots? Within 9' It doesnt have the blast rule.

>Can an eradication beamer fire snap shots?
only if its firing at something within 9 inches

Yeah, within 9" it's heavy 1 so it can snap shoot, but in the case of overwatch, only if the charge began within 9"

Thanks for the help

Do you have the Renegades of Vraks list from IA V? There's some good stuff for renegade guard in there.

Use WHFB Flagellants.

i don't think it can work, i mean, it would need a hell of a lot garaje work to convert it into stormbolter/bolter wielding zealots, even more if using carapace or power armor

Well, next time maybe lead with what you're after?

I plan on using Anvil Industry's regiments range for my acolytes. The firestorm carbine makes a great storm bolter but I'll probably get heads elsewhere.

How do you field your scouts?

I'm considering 5 Blood Angels scouts with camo cloaks but I'm not sure if I want bolters, shotguns, or bolt pistol and close combat weapon.

Nah, lets just make a plastic version of the HH one and give it to loyalists.

This is not me user. And yeah, i should have specified more about the models but i'm not sure about what i will field, i think i will just use anything i can find as my army is only for friendly games.

that looks really good user, thanks

Yeah, thats a good base for conversion, but, i don't know if AM parts such as arms and guns would fit in it, do u have any idea if it would?

People who start threads in a Work in Progress sub forum without pictures need to be culled. The Bolter & Chainsword is notorious for this.

You're retarted

>AND PUT IT IN THE RULEBOOK
Don't be silly, that would require updating the CSM...

I play DA and like a unit of 10 with bolters outflanking. Most of them usually survive the game and put out a fair bit of dakka that can't really be focused down without taking firepower away from my scary units like DW&Black knights. Great for mid table objective grabbing.

With BA getting furious charge and +1 initiative right there I'd suggest a similar tactic, but with pistols & maybe a couple of shotguns to a unit, you're sending up a fairly cheap unit assault unit that either takes the heat off death company or other meatier assault units and forces the opposing player to make decisions.

Ok

The 100 pts means they are really expensive if you just want to deep strike a unit. Daemonic Possession means that you can loose your 260 pt Contemptor even before the damn thing deep strikes and on top, it lacks guidance systems. Sure it can hover and shit, but what if I just want a drop pod so I can deep strike a unit which I do?

I'm leaning toward a unit of five with camo cloaks, two shotguns, and three close combat weapons for 65 points.

I would say shotguns or CCWs. Bangels are a charging army, don't bother with that tactical shit, just throw as much as you can into assault to try and get that critical mass. Blood Angels get Furious Charge in exchange for vanilla toys so you might as well capitalize on that.

Now I want to model an Inquisitor Trump with gold armor and =I='s filed to capital T's.

do it

That sounds like what I'd go for, except you could maybe even skimp on the cloaks depending on how dense your terrain set up is.

I need some help building up my SM army. Currently I have:

1 Typhoon Land Speeder

1 Commander

2 Tactical squads

3 or 4 Terminators (Lighting claws and 2 Whirlwind. I know I have one with a sword and a dark angels at one point)

1 Razorback. It is pretty fucked up so I am planning on snagging a second razorback/rhino and making some replacement parts for mine.
Assuming I want a 1500 point Army, what would you recommend I throw into the mix? I have a buddy with some trashed models I can probably pick up cheap.

For which chapter?

Why the shotguns.
You want them in Combat. Why gimp yourself the attacks.

what is the tactical squads carrying? give us the kits and ups for everything

Not a fucking clue. Last time I played was 5th ED. For hilarity reasons I was going to paint them as Angry marines. So I guess Imperial fists are closest color wise.

1 Flamer and 1 rocket per squad. I also have 2 tac marines with Melta and Plasma rifle (old metal models).

Honestly my army is currently in bits and sitting in a tub of purple shit getting stripped. So the skies the limit. I could probably even refit some of them with bits bought on ebay. But I am trying to save as much cash as possible (I would prefer to play Imperial guard but dont want to sell my kidney).

I know my buddy will sell me some shit cheap. So I can shore up the number of marines easily, but the mechanized stuff will be the big cost.

drop pod and some more marines sounds good. you will also need more terminators if to field them as a full squad.

Devastators are good.

Gimme your 40k unpopular opinions.

>fandexes dont fix anything

>if you're playing this game competitively you're doing it wrong

I actually think 40k models are pretty good quality, even if the designs are kind of silly.

>Boobplate

>Orks are more powerful then people give them credit for
>Sisters should be merged in to inquisition or removed from the game.

>Night Lords are cool
>All Tau players are faggots
>Build your list based on what models you like

I wonder how you people would react to fencing gear.

It's for the daily prove you actually play this game check. Post a pic of your games dudes.

>inb4 same 4 people who always post their games post

Went through my shit. I got 2 Whirlwind terminators and a Terminator with a lightning sword/Thunder Claw. (local gaming store only had metal individual models at the time).

I have 13 marines total. 2 Flamers, 2 rockets, Melta Gun, Plasma rifle and commander.

1 Razorback with choice of Bolter or lasgun

1 Typhoon Land Speeder.

Apparently I lost several models at some point because I had 2 Tac squads, 5 terminators and my commander + 2 extra marines. How 10 marines go missing is beyond me.

>Serious 40K is better than silly 40K
>Dark Eldar have the best models
>Sisters receive more attention than they deserve here and should be merged into a larger faction or taken out completely
>People should play for fun and for the fluff, not necessarily to win
>The Tau are alright and fit in with the 40K setting fine
>Tyranids are severely underused

>All Tau players are faggots
>unpopular

>Tfw can't beat guard as SM
>Tfw a massive failure.

I play using Tabletop Sim, I hope that counts.

Ive never taken a pic during a game. But I play once a month or so, and have posted pics here of several of my armies and dozens of projects/models.

Oh I didn't know fencing gear was thick layers of ceramic and steel on top of padding

Grot guy from last thread, nice list (for orks) but you misunderstand- the plan isn't use Grots, the plan IS Grots.

It's a sad fact but outside of their few OP units and formations a ton of space marine units are overwhelmingly lackluster.

Because we're top tier we can't expect any sympathy, it's a shame but oh well.

Because Eldar need more powerful gear?

How on earth do you intend to paint this shit?

Yeah, tacticals are worhtless since they can only be taken in groups of 10.

He's talking about giving Chaos an option somewhat similar to a webway portal, not Eldar.

Not even that.
Assault marines, terminators, vanilla dreadnoughts! All replaced by these new upstarts "centurions" and all bike armies, where are the classics?

Hiding from the overwelming amount of AP2 in the game right now.

Anyone want to rate my list? List Thread is kinda dead

How mad would you be if I didn't paint my Commissar in My Dudes colors?

Is there any way to make a demi company competitive at 1000pts?

So Veeky Forums, I recently got a finished commission of a Tzeentch themed army by Den of Imagination. I got the finished product pictures earlier today.

This stuff is done at their lowest level of quality, but I'm pretty happy with it for an army that is made to be played with at tabletop standard. What does Veeky Forums think of these models?

denofimagination.com/gallery/577e056743434d0003050cc3/577e069343434d0003050cf4

I assume you mean if you painted your Commissar in Your Dudes colors?

Eh, honestly I wouldn't even care so long as it was tabletop standard. I'm sick of seeing greys.

Custom dice

No one gives a fuck. Why not brag to your friends.
Oh wait your actually post on Veeky Forums about it. So you have none. Sucks to suck