Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Alex "not a furry, not a babyfur" Augunas presents: Childhood Adventurers!
drivethrurpg.com/product/185078/Childhood-Adventures

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1H3wuQkHv6CBBbXHe229TMv-pEYB9HshPOzSFIYT6bQk/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're an awful person.

Every day we stray further from god's light

>Explore new sites, battle powerful foes, and find fantastic treasures all before bedtime using Childhood Adventures, by Everyman Gaming, LLC. Designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Childhood Adventures helps players and GMs tell fantastic tales featuring young characters.

>Expanded age category rules, allowing you to create young characters for every race and creature type.
>Aging and Growth, a new system for determining the rate at which specific, individual characters grow and mature.
>Rules for aging effects, allowing you to make your PCs and NPCs older and younger via magical effects.

>Publisher’s Note: Childhood Adventures includes a number of essays designed to help GMs address adult situations in Roleplaying Games. While these sections aren’t graphic in presentation, they deal with mature content and as a result, parts of Childhood Adventures may not appropriate for younger readers. Parents are advised to read Childhood Adventures to formulate their own opinions before handing it off to a younger reader.

Is there a problem?

Looking for some small encounters to put at spots on a map.
Sort of a heavily forested area on the borders of civilized land.
I was thinking maybe a hag or a were-something would be cool. I've already got a huge dungeon, some lizardmen, bandits, and a druid.

Owlbear den/nest?

So true and so disgusting at the same time.

Bears, elk, random wild life.
What level?

A mine taken over by goblins/orcs/trolls/level appropriate green nobbly fantasy enemy

I think the hair is what bothers me most about that thing, followed closely by the eyes

Have your party be attacked by underage beastemen bandits.

Hair, you say?

loli elf man abducters

Who is the best bestiary waifu and why is it Erodaemon?

So! Putting aside the efforts of a madman to ruin foxes for everyone forever, how's your weekend going, /pfg/?

Feral Gnolls. Seriously nasty blighters. Fluffwise.

Had an awesome game the other day, going to have another tonight. I'd say pretty good.

Not even fennecs are safe.

From the user who brought you the Seneschal and Blood Reaver, I give you another homebrew that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how bad this is.

The Lord of the Lash (temp name until I get a better one. Suggestions open), an Initiating Archetype for the Swashbuckler-
>But user, can't we just play a Warlord/Landschneckt?
Shut up Timmy and let me finish!

It's an archetype for the Swashbuckler made to be a master of whips, chains, and other lash like weapons, themed in the vein of Zorro, Catwoman, Axl Low, Ivy, The Belmonts, and the like. I got the idea from talking to a friend about ideas for PoW and him mentioning PF isn't that good for whips. Combined with me recalling that archetypes can completely change the whole theme of a class (Monk of the Silver Fist), and that led me to this.

> docs.google.com/document/d/1H3wuQkHv6CBBbXHe229TMv-pEYB9HshPOzSFIYT6bQk/edit?usp=sharing

As always, I DESPERATELY want critique, criticism, comments, and am even willing to overhaul entire sections or even the whole archetype if its really stupid and I have a lead on where to change it to.

Now, let the tearing apart begin. Hurt me good anons.

Oh, and if anyone has a better pic, please share.

bretty good. getting ready for leaving on a trip to Alaska this Wednesday.

Those goddamn loli manhunter gangs!

GM hasn't shown up yet, we were supposed to start two hours ago.

Why is this allowed? I don't even play PF anymore and I can feel the disgust welling up inside me.

Furries are known for making poor financial decisions, do you think I could sell my old PF books to one? I've got like a dozen of them and their presence on my shelf fills me with regret and nausea.

>Kitsune
>Red
This bothers me more than it should. Kitsune are white or yellow.
>>Publisher’s Note: Childhood Adventures includes a number of essays designed to help GMs address adult situations in Roleplaying Games. While these sections aren’t graphic in presentation, they deal with mature content and as a result, parts of Childhood Adventures may not appropriate for younger readers. Parents are advised to read Childhood Adventures to formulate their own opinions before handing it off to a younger reader.
Why do I feel like this touches on sensitive subject matter in an incredibly poorly handled hamfisted way?

Yeah, pretty sure I didn't need to see that.

On a thankfully unrelated topic, anyone have any advice for making a poison-based build that's actually viable, or should I give up and try a different concept?

>Why do I feel like this touches on sensitive subject matter in an incredibly poorly handled hamfisted way?
Because it involves furries and was written by furries.

>tempest gale with whips
>thrashing dragon with whips
holy shit what

>unrepentant furrybashing
>literally giving a single shit about literally anyone's fetishes
>in a goddamn pathfinder thread no less
Did I fall into a portal into like, 2008?

You're right, I shouldn't care this much about a game I don't even play anymore. I'll stop shitting up the thread.

So far so good, me and a friend binge watched Game of Thrones to catch up. Had a few laughs and moments of anger. All in all good times.

>outing yourself

what race ideas do you have?

Alchemist. There's at least two archetypes that specialize in Poison.

That's one thing that I'm currently debating. It seemed the most thematically appropriate, but at the same time seemed a bit much and crazy. I may change it up depending on future comments.

The Thrashing Dragon bit is mostly for either Dual-weilding whips, or using stuff like Kusari-Kama and the like. Flail weapon group has a lot of Double Weapons

Y I F F
I N
H E L L

Friend got me Grim Dawn, so I've been playing it. It's pretty fun.
I wonder why ARPG tabletop hasn't been done yet.

>Childhood Adventures
>essays designed to help GMs address adult situations

Something doesn't seem to fit quite right, here.

Not a furry, I just think it's ridiculous that a group of people who won't stop talking about their anime and waifu fetishes give a damn if some fuck writes furry 3pp

I mean, shit, one of the most popular waifus around is literally a sapient wolf

Well, 4e has a vaguely ARPG feel to it, I think.

>sapient wolf
yes, but she isn't a furry
bestiality is leagues above being a furri in ever way, shape, and form.

user, we're specifically talking about things that are posted in this thread. Cartoonish humanoid fox children and a warning that this game about children isn't actually safe for children. That is clearly suspect.

>why is it guaranteed to be bad?
>because it was written by a furry

Someone has to stop this.

Not wrong

>bestiality is leagues above being a furri
>literally screwing animals
>better than having sex with a sapient humanoid
Congrats, you're as bad as the horsefuckers on /mlp/

pdf?

Worse, I'd say. They're at least sapient.

bestiality may e degeneracy; but it isn't furry

furry is down there with loli and scat

I'll cut you up for shitting on loli, m8.

because my good man.
>"everyone plays Pathfinder"
> Retards and their Retarded Mums can make shit for it without actually trying to balance it.
>some of the most Groggiest of Grognards won't try other systems that could do something better, so it feeds into the previous answers, and will pay for anything because they are too lazy to try and make it themselves.

Are you conflating the actual attraction to animal people with the community surrounding furries?

Which is desu not really any worse than other communities of such size when you get down to it?

I love that furries STILL don't realize why everyone hates them.

Like, if you told me you wanted a bunch of animal people as races, that'd be one thing but inevitably, a book full of animal races will use the words "toddler" and "adult situation" in the same sentence

A persecution complex (fursecution complex?) is a powerful thing.

You're here because you couldn't troll the Furry thread, aren't you?
Seriously, this grasping is just pathetic.

>fursecution
My sides are in orbit.

Trying to establish some kind of hierarchy of deviance is stupid, I agree. That being said, furries can yiff in hell, and footfags are by far the most obnoxious fetishists.

Have you never heard that term before? It's not new. We used to have a /fur/ board that got purged. Look up April Furs Day.

That degeneracy is independent of furries you know.

Consider that twit that kept going on about magical child vigilantes with innocuous servant and companion to the lonely who kept going on about RAPE THE LOLI MAIDS

RUN OP! YOU COMMITTED THE CLASSIC BLUNDER!

I'm laughing because I just knew that had to be a real term that assblasted furfags used.

OP knew what the fuck he did.
we all fell for it like the shit children we are.

Except this fetish is its own thing apart from furries. It only seems to be common because people after a while ignore loli/shota, and because furries are already used to being left in the dark corners that its easier for the grosser fetishes to accumulate than in the weeaboo community. Still, the number of furries who are actually into that stuff is a much smaller proportion than loli-fags are to weeaboos

I was working on a sourcebook for d20 around this idea which I had called Urchin. It was basically focused on rock-bottom level adventuring where rabid dogs, slavers, and disease were the biggest threats you would face, and not just annoyances. To a small kid on the streets, an entire city is a dungeon.

I sadly had fuck-all in terms of crunch and it was literally all fluff. I ended up scrapping it a few weeks later.

And to anyone that asks, yes I did touch on the subjects of sexual abuse, prostitution, and the consequences therof along with middle-ages attitudes towards street kids and those that prey on them, and "cleanups" of homeless children.

And yet whenever something rises to the top of the filth it's still caked on there. The Weeaboo crowd generally does one of two things with its weirder fetishes:
>Scrapes them off before presenting a new thing (See BESM)
>Just makes that weird fetish the thing (See Nechronica)

Furries for whatever reason have some form of brain damage that prevents them from realizing that peppering pedophilia in an otherwise normal game isn't a good idea.

>everyone laughing at how much of a faggot Augunuas is for past two threads
>even furfags call him a pathetic loser
>suddenly assblasted grog starts shitposting
>people fall for the bait and everything descends into a riot
>all because moron with keyboard diarrhea couldn't help but yell about his riotous hatred for the jewis- I mean furry conspiracy
>even claims bestiality is better

Fuck this thread, and fuck you guys. You all are just as bad as the pre-purge furfags. Seriously, if you hate them so much, go to hell and murder-yiff them yourselves there.

>pfg is one person

>PF thread destroy by arguing over furries
God's in his heaven and all's right with the world

Vivisectionist Alchemist, taking 5 levels in Guild Poisoner when appropriate. Get a +5 Toxic Virulent Snakebite Dagger. If you want you can also spring for a Meduseion, and ask your DM how the Serpent Belt works (an item that they didn't see fit to update with the errata).

With Malignant Poison, Poison Focus, Potent Concoctions, Concentrated Poisons, and the Treacherous Toxin ability from Guild Poisoner, that's a +17+1/2 Level to the DCs of any poison you use. The Meduseion grants an effective +2 to the DC, the Toxic Magic Toxic Trick class ability can grant another +4 if you choose Pernicious Poison, Tailored Toxin increases it by 2 against a specific type, and the Serpent's Belt potentially boosts it by another 4 for a total of +29+1/2 Level to poison DCs.

Ever hit someone with a DC 52 Drow Poison?

Its because they're so used to making stuff only for their own kind and accepting that the normies will either ignore or hate it already, that they've essentially given up on making it appealing to anyone who's not a furry.

Its essentially a symptom of incestuous community clannishness. Its the same thing that happens with other communities like Homestuck, MLP, Steven Universe, /pol/, Islam, Trekkies, Twilight, etc

Its what happens whenever a group of idiots is left to stew in their own juices for too long, it is not purely a furry phenomenon.

Again, you're assuming all furries are the same.

Which they ain't. No group of such breadth could possibly be all the same. You're just noticing the really egregious creeps.

I have not, but I would love to try now, thank you.

The only time I said it was one person was when I mentioned the guy who started it, and kept going. Your statement is non-applicable in this scenario, it just shows that you're part of the problem.

>fandom in a shellnut

EXACTLY!

Oh, don't forget to grab Celestial Poisons too so that you can knock out demon lords as a standard action.

>wanting to fuck animals
>thinking he shouldn't be judged for this

Pretty much this.

It's the opposite of 'broadening the appeal'

You don't care about what people think because they already hate you, and you have no reason to ingratiate yourself to them, so you just do what you want.

I'm surprised to learn that furries are still a thing, thought they all transformed into bronies

No, you have him confused with this reprobate

Does Diplomacy work on players?

You sweet, naive summer child.

Nope.

Well, I mean... you can try using YOUR diplomacy against players, but I dunno how good that is...

Characters though? No.

No. Diplomacy the skill is abstracted conversation and bargaining with NPCs so you don't have to keep track of every possible nuance in a conversation with a fake person. Diplomacy with real people is called "talking to them like reasonable adults."

>implying the pathfinder player base is not entirely consistent of furries, manchildren, and artists
>reasonable adults

from what I've actually heard, many furries seem to also despise the bronies for some reason. What that reason is I cannot discern.

Also, Veeky Forums is rife with either minor or closet furs, xenophiles, and monstergirlfags. they just tend to not mention it or push it until its brought up first, since they tend to be smart enough to hide their power level when not around their own kind or group.

see

Fittingly, the diplomacy skill in real life is performed by someone with only 1 skill rank and a low Cha.

>Artists are unreasonable.

I get that was probably an autocorrect from autists, but I am still amused.

>Diplomacy with real people is called "talking to them like reasonable adults."
You don't deal with people that much? Let alone with things of actualy worth more than someone oweing you a fucking beer. If you need to "Diplomacy" you are in a weak position and need something that can't already be done, it's basically a service customer relationship with you in the service role there is nothing fucking reasonable adult about dealing with customers. It's about assuring them that the tons of shit they want done don't matter (because it doesn't) and cutting deals that make you do more useless work that doesn't need to be done and they have in the past completely forgot about because it's just how they do things.

When you're using Diplomacy you're telling the truth in such a way it might as well be a lie and stroking the other persons ego to degrees that you've observed they'll take it and not start thinking you're trying to fleece them. Reasonable adult woudl be cutting all this shit out and frankly stating what needs to be done but that does not work outside of film and boss employee relationships.

Keep going, we've almost managed to hit that crucial moment of self-reflection..

>entirely
>furries, manchildren, and artists

Hey now, I'm a property manager, a buddy of mine is ex-army and works at as a manager at a gas station, and the other guy in our group is a pizza delivery driver.

>manchild shitposting intensifies

What, that /pfg/, Paizo, and essentially the entire Pathfinder community is the same?

We've already known that for ages though.

Then by process of elimination, you MUST be a furry, since manchildren couldn't manage properties, wouldn't be let into the military, and... I guess could potentially work pizza delivery. And the army guy COULD be ex-army for BEING a manchild.

I mean unless you're all hobby artists I guess.

But that's apparently just as bad!

MFW that fucking image

Thanks. I needed to know because my players are arguing because their bard has been a complete asshole. He says he can get away with his bullshit because he has a massive Diplomacy bonus and that he's so good at talking the rest of the party can't want to kill him.

>artists/autists
Same thing, really.

Of course I'm a hobby artist, I manage properties so that I can buy my own food, clothes, and housing.

Ex-army guy is ex-army for having three tours and resigning, he's a manchild because he insists his job is shit while not doing anything about it.

Pizza driver is a furry only in the sense that his "lady friend" is a land whale.

Sounds like the bard's going to be in for a rude awakening then.

Wow.

This almost makes me want to get rid of the clan leader of the barbarian clan that I'm planning on having in the AP I'm writing. Dude's an old fucking kitsune Warlord known only as the Silver Fox who wanted to go full Prussian up there and unite the other clans under his rule (he dies, being old as fuck, and the Players inherit his dream, having become his right hand).

Yes, the party is giving him the soap in a sock treatment as I type.

I usually give an argument like that about 5 minutes of real conversation between the players to resolve before letting them roll one of the following:

>diplomacy, intimidate, or bluff
>a charisma, wisdom, or intelligence check with the DC as 1/2 the highest opposing roll

Rolls are made per-side, either clockwise or (if it's two factions or only two players) whoever rolls their d20 first. Only one roll is made, and effects that force rerolls at any point or substitute a roll in any way do not apply for the sake of ease.

Whoever wins, wins. It's one-round roshambo and it allows things to move forward.