OC Thread: Party Parents Edition

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Last Thread: Tell us about your characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS FOR SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, tell us about them. Or if you want to make a new one with us, just tell us a basic concept.

>WHAT'S YOUR OCs MARY SUE SCORE?
springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Write and share stories about each others' characters. Draw and share pictures of each others' characters.

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away! Answering the periodically posted Development Questions can often help, so look for those.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way.

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here. Artists are still free to contribute, however.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use new art from these threads as OP image when possible.

GoogleDoc of the characters so far (still in progress, so don't be alarmed if you don't see yours) drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dUy0Yo4cigbTB1Q1g5bTRvcTQ&usp=sharing

Development Question: What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been involved in?

I always have a hard time coming up with any good motivations when making characters. Usually, my characters just end up kinda being there and going along with things, never having any strong agenda of their own. I guess this is fine for some games, but it sure as hell isn't for anything more character driven. And when I can't really come up with anything, I end up with something basic and unintresting that really doesn't go anywhere.

How do you fix something like this and make characters more active?

Best thing in my opinion, is to go through the last thread and answer the development questions in it, and then lurk here and get inspiration from new questions posted.

When rolling up your character, try to think 'why' you are making certain choices for them.

Why are they proficient in Skill X, why do they use X weapon, why are they in a party with X, Y, and Z?

It's not that, really. I mean, I can come up with all kinds of character tidbits, easy. I can give them personalities and all. But usually it's really hard for me to make a character who actually WANTS something in the long run. They just go along with others, being inconsequential.

Sometimes, I come up with strong, active characters. Characters who actually want something (something more than some simple goals) and work towards that, and those honestly feel the best to play for me. But it's just really hard to make all the things click in a way that actually gives the character a strong, sharp point. So to speak.

Thinking about it, I guess a lot of people struggle with this. Or just don't care enough. At least from what I've seen in my games. Maybe I game with the wrong crowd.

I think I see what you're saying, my wife has that problem too. Every character she plays is the type to just follow everyone else and occasionally have minor input on what we do next.

Truth be told, I don't know how to counteract that.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's easier when a goal is foisted upon the party-I really like the 40krpgs with my group because, outside of Rogue Trader, you have a set objective of something like fighting orcs or heresy which is enforced by an authority over the party. It gives the players time to really flesh out the smaller quirks of their characters without the adventure or the characters staying together feel artificially forced.

Sometimes it's easier for me to start with the big goal of a character-I want to find my father, I want to prove myself worthy to inherit, I want to get as far away from my hometown as possible. It's hard, though, because get too specific and you might find yourself at odds with the other pcs later on. Simple goals are not necessarily bad and leave a character room to grow.

You can also go ahead and give your character a hook that the gm can use to mold the adventure any which way without you having a goal in mind-I made a rather simple highlander in a 7th Seas game but made the mistake of taking the fae lover quality. Hilarity ensued.

>I always have a hard time coming up with any good motivations when making characters
Honestly, I quite prefer these characters. There's only so many times I can hear "I WAS BEATEN AS A CHILD TO SHAPE ME INTO THE PERFECT KILLING MACHINE BEFORE MY VILLAGE WAS RAPED AND PILLAGED AND NOW I SEEK REVENGE" or "I'M SMART AND SEEK ONLY KNOWLEDGE NO MATTER THE COST" before it gets dull. I like characters that are just plain. One's that are just "I was a fisherman and saw a bounty on a wall that paid out a year's salary in one lump sum, so I sold off my stock, bought a sword and armour and went off to find the man". A nice malleable end goal, where you can easily justify dropping your original goal of finding that man because you found X pays more or you found the prospect of Y more rewarding.

I guess, but I've also played in a lot of games where your characters kind of should have their own, personal agendas.

I mean, one of the most rewarding games I've played was a Birthright campaign. Birthright is an AD&D 2e setting where you play rulers and people in power over the course of long periods of time. Having a character with a strong inclination about the matters at hand made it a lot more intresting, especially when other people also had similarly strong-inclined characters.

Of course, not all games need something like that. But I just can't really get anything rewarding out of characters who are basically like you describe. They flounder and end up feeling boring. For me, motivations and goals really inform the whole character.

Sadly, I'm pretty bad at making those.

>tfw OP image

You people are gonna make me blush.

My suggestion is to put whatever it is out of reach or make it more difficult - though I know the problem. A lot of my characters end up just "there" with minor motivations as a means of "hey DM feel free to give this character some bait".

Most DMs seem to ignore that part.

So, do you feel you need an end goal that can actually be achieved in order to be rewarded properly or just an end goal that can be fervently pursued?

I guess "agenda" would be a good term. I usually don't find it intresting to have a character's goal be getting some specific thing or achieving one specific thing, or something like that. Rather, I usually go for something that applies to situations in general, something that informs what my character would want out of those, not just some specific endgoal.

For example, our Birthright campaign took place in one principality of a kingdom, and the people in power there. My character was an agent/secret police sent by the king (my idea), who was very much about seeing that things ran as they should and worked in order. He had an iron fist for troublemakers, but at the same time he was very intrested in building up and developing the region. All the while trying to make heads and tails of all the bickering motherfuckers running roughshod over everything. More than once, he was even willing to overlook shit like someone seizing the power, as long as it was basically justified and meant things would run smoothly again. At the same time, he would personally get over there and stomp every fucker who stirred up shit if that was required.

Would have probably taken the rule for himself sooner or later, just because things just wouldn't stay in order. It never got that far, though. Still, I had a good time with the character, and enjoyed this kind of overarching agenda and strong motivation.

>For example, our Birthright campaign took place in one principality of a kingdom, and the people in power there. My character was an agent/secret police sent by the king (my idea), who was very much about seeing that things ran as they should and worked in order. He had an iron fist for troublemakers, but at the same time he was very intrested in building up and developing the region. All the while trying to make heads and tails of all the bickering motherfuckers running roughshod over everything. More than once, he was even willing to overlook shit like someone seizing the power, as long as it was basically justified and meant things would run smoothly again. At the same time, he would personally get over there and stomp every fucker who stirred up shit if that was required.
Isn't all of this covered simply by being Lawful Neutral? It just sounds to me like a normal Lawful Neutral character thrust into a specific position in life, in this case, a king.

I guess you could be lawful neutral in other ways as well. But yeah, I guess? Not that we ever really paid much attention to alignment. A lot of the time, we play other systems anyway.

Still, it was something I could grab onto, that made for an active character in almost any situation. I guess I just had a good idea about what exactly would make for an intresting character at the time, for me and according to the situation. In another game, this character would likely have been very boring.

Thinking about it, I guess it's mostly about that. Being able to identify what you need to get the kind of situations you want (or just situations in general) out of the game. I've played one or two characters who had good, working motivations that didn't really require knowledge of the game prior to starting, but still.

Well, that's kind of what I was getting at. Your motivations don't need to actually be concrete, set in stone goals that you set out for youself at the beginning of an adventure. You can avoid all that "All my character wants to do is achieve X" and simply give your character a sort of moral alignment (mentally, I mean, you don't need to announce it if that makes sense) and stick to that. Let your moral compass be your motivations that are then dictated by the situations you're thrust into, rather than a tangible overarching goal.

That's what I was getting at as well, really. Usually, I just need a good, strong idea about what the character wants in general. But at the same time, that often feels hard for some reason.

I guess the real problem, then, is that I'm not really all that good at coming with characters with strong personalities and/or principles that would make for a person who actually actively pushes into any direction. Usually, I just make characters that are "kinda there". Yet playing them feels frustrating, and playing strong, determined, accomplishing characters feels rewarding and intresting.

I honestly don't know why doing that is so hard for me. I feel like I always need to tie these things to a strong background element or something like that, to help me internalize and get a good picture of it, or otherwise it's just empty words that never really amount to anything.

I find rolling characters makes this a lot easier, since the process of explaining the results gives you a lot of the 'hows' and 'whys'.
A good idea about their moral compass or a lack thereof and their ambitions or aspirations also helps, and it doesn't necessarily have to include concrete goals. It's also mutable.
Recently I went from mostly directionless paladin errant to scheming seducer to mercenary commander to warlord to semi-mythical and vaguely sinister Lord Protector of a newly-created nation (the last bit as a guest appearance in another campaign, possibly a future antagonist). Purely based on some tables and a rough idea of what drove the character forward. Don't be afraid to make shit up as you go along and apply motivation retroactively as the game progresses. It's an interesting process of 'getting to know' a character, rather than trying to fully realize them from the outset.

>vaguely sinister Lord Protector of a newly-created nation
Please tell me you did this in as Doctor Doom a way as possible.

Soon. SOON. When we do move into the antagonist phase. So far we're still at that semi-mythical figure of a royal bodyguard who may have at one time been the first king until he died in battle, the queen founder died to bring him back, and he hasn't spoken much or taken his armour off ever since.The grandkids are safe, though, due to any potential assassin being scared shitless of the guy who never rests, never needs to take a break, and is strong enough to fight florentine with greatswords. And that counts for a lot.

Just promise me you won't throw him off the deep end when it comes to "villainy". Have him be entirely justified in everything he does.

He held up as neutral through more than a century of vampirism through devotion to his queen and his descendants, if he ever goes evil it will be for those exact reasons. It's still a bit up in the air, though the cleric of that group believes he's some gray eminence figure. He's a bit out of touch with contemporary social graces and quite honest about what he is and why, which doesn't help the image all that much.

>Development Question: What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been involved in?
Woo boy, for Arallios?
It all started when we got a part 2 to our old mission of retrieving our kingdom's subjects from being planarly displaced. Basically, do it again but with a different plane, which is all fine and dandy until my character (I) starts noticing similarities. Too many similarities. Enough for a 15/20-point list that I won't go into. At first he passes it off as coincidence, but then it happens enough that he starts nudging the party's actions toward the previous outcomes, given they've worked in the past, but given that he's "the moron", everyone else tries to come up with different ideas than what he's got, which makes him upset on both that people aren't paying him heed, and that no one else notices this shit. So he starts getting passive-aggressive about it, now making remarks like "just like last time" or "this again" to try hinting at it, but still nothing.
It all comes to a head when the Fighter starts talking paranoid about the supernatural person with teleporty powers and an affinity for the undead (again) and Arallios starts going off on how they've literally been over this before and is frankly impressed that no one's caught on by now. The Bard of all people gets hostile, questioning why he's being so confrontational like they've done something wrong. So he rather accusingly starts listing the similarities he's noticed. The Fighter however, wants to get our job done, and takes a jab at the elf for feeling entitled to ranting just because of his longer lifespan, which does not help when you're arguing an elf. So being the angry elf he is, he counters with a few scenarios that would fit the Fighter's line of reasoning, such as Arallios dying a few decades back so the lifespans would be "fair".

The Bard starts bawling.
Cont.

Now, the concept of Arallios dying before he met the Bard is a very, VERY sensitive subject for the Bard, so him just yelling out that maybe someone would prefer just that doesn't do any good. And with our Bard, being the lovable angel healer she is, now a sobbing mess, everyone now hates the elf that set it off. The Barbarian then declares her disgust for the elf and runs off, Wizard #2 following after to at least know what direction she went in. The Fighter then declares Arallios new party leader and starts passing around wine, stating his glee at not having to be the responsible one anymore.
Meanwhile, Arallios attempts to apologize to the Bard but she runs off as well.
The Fighter then takes the Rogue and starts looking for the Barb, then sends the Rogue back to let everyone know that he's following the Barb into the spooky woods. Arallios, getting the news, once more has a point of comparison and declares he's going after the both of them, and that the rest of the group can help or do nothing as they see fit. So while the Fighter and Arallios are tracking down the Barb the primitive way, the Wizard teleports off for some easy scrying, finding the Barb EZPZ and teleporting to her, stalling her long enough for the Fighter to catch up and the three to 'port back to the bulk of the party and chat about lots of things. The Wiz then does a bit more teleporting to find out where the Bard ran off to before rejoining the chat, which then escalates to where the Fighter gets angry enough at everyone's bickering that he takes back the leadership role and drops the hammer on how things are going to be run. Wiz however tries to point out that MAYBE if this system ended up with party-breaking schisms thrice now that there, perhaps, may be a flaw in it.
Cont.

LIIIIIINE

BREEEEEEAKS

Well excuse me
Now while all the talking is happening, Arallios uses his brain for a few seconds to figure out that everyone's safe and that they won't be expecting him back for a bit, so he sidetracks, chatting up a few NPCs for advice and a damn good venting. After that, he rejoins the group a good way into the Wiz and Fighter's debate, the Barbarian telling him to make everything easier and fuck right off. Arallios, not being one to disappoint, agrees on the condition that everyone has to shut up and hug each other, at least seven whole seconds. After the party complies, he goes to make good on his word when the Barb and Fighter stop him, first on the grounds of apology, second on the grounds of running from his problems, to which the elf answers that he's just getting some rest because he doesn't want EVERYONE to be tired in the morning.

During the next morning, Arallios fairly quickly decides he's going to at least talk to the Bard before accepting her leaving the group. He doesn't take promises lightly, and he DID say that he'd always make his way back to her. So while he tracks her down, the rest of the party has a heated discussion about the purpose of weaponry and how to handle the next part of the adventure, the Barb getting bit by a wolf during night-time recon and getting brought back to homebase to make sure it gets proper first-aid and that it wasn't a werewolf that got her. This was followed with many a suggestive teasing towards the Wizard, while back at camp the Fighter shooed off a giant boar from the campsite before everyone on that part of the story went to bed.

Cont.

As for Arallios, he pulls a few magic strings to make himself a fairly competent disguise and tracks down the Bard, able to pull her aside for a chat, slowly talking her into at least considering yelling at actually-Arallios or at least checking in with someone in the group before storming off forever. Here in the conversation is where the Bard realizes it's actually Arallios she's talking to and demands explanations, as per his advice. Being the smooth-talker he is, he cuts right to the issues in six easy points, after which he temporarily forgets that "bittersweet" is not a compliment and fumbles over his words at her reaction. The two then reconcile and head off to meet up with one of Arallios' old teachers off-screen as an excuse to catch up to the other players' time and then meet back up with the bunch with the Wizard and Barbarian. This is then followed by the Sorcerer cute-vincing us to take her with us to replace the Barb in the morning. Wipe to morning, have a bit of cooking and dress-up shenanigans before the whole party regroups with a lot of teleporting.

The moral of the story is never argue with an elf.

>I honestly don't know why doing that is so hard for me. I feel like I always need to tie these things to a strong background element or something like that, to help me internalize and get a good picture of it, or otherwise it's just empty words that never really amount to anything.

The trick is to pick up on the themes, mood and direction of their campaign and build the character around that. Creating a character without a campaign is absurd; the character is an expression of the story, an agent that works within the narrative and reinforces (and is reinforced by) it to the satisfaction of everyone at the table. There are flexible characters that can fit in a variety of campaigns yes, but that has more to do with the timeless qualities of their hooks and personality which *can* fail if the campaign is incompatible with it.

This also means that players finding themselves unable to make memorable characters can pin some of the blame on their DM failing to provide a decent plot hook. The DM has to meet the player halfway here. You can only go so far with character creation when the DM tells you the campaign is about "finding a missing woman" or "meeting the quest giver for their quest."

Kay Clarent is a noble in hiding. Hailing from a corrupt nation, twisted by devils; his ideals made him stick out. His family was more kind to the peasants on their land than the rest of the kingdom, but only just so. Kay made it a habit to spout his ideals in the courts, arguing with other nobles about the rights of the people. In the end, he was to be executed. His Lord, and step father, pleaded to instead strip him of name and title. Thus Kay lost his surname and home. However, he has taken it upon himself to still protect his family and people. He has since donned an iron mask, and has assumed the role of a scarred servant to his sister. His allies include his family, despite arguments; Vargas, one of the banner men of the house and Janus, a fellow servant. Kay strives to bring justice to a land under a vile rule, and this has made him quite a few enemies. He has gotten the attention of the King's court wizard, and possibly that of the king himself. Other nobles use his story as a warning to the people about standing up. They only know the half of it.

First up I want to applogise if my grammar is offensive or I make typo's I fucking suck when it comes to such things I'd like to blame something but nope I'm just fucking stupid.

That said I love role playing and while I'm lucky if I can write at a sixth grade level I love making characters and Tend to come up with insane ideas my DM would not otherwise consider, so my play group tends to enjoy the things I have brained stormed up or explained out to the DM we alternate campaigns now because my group enjoys my story telling which I tend come up with on the fly or while at work.

Some of my characters are borderline Mary Sue's but my Mary Sue's tend to follow a pattern create sue not realize its a sue kill sue off horribly. I care about telling my story but I am the narrator players are what my story is about if I make an npc that is overshadowing them I kill it.

So I won't necessarily go to much into detail if I bore anyone but I will give you guys some of my characters I have made.

A Tiefling Paladin, this charecter was made out of spite I was pissed at the dm who claimed we were playing a greco themed game but when I asked if I could worship Hades he told me no nobody worships hades, then I asked about ares no because he turns you into undead if you fail then suggested I worship Zeus or Athena, I went back and forth with other deities but every time he explained why I couldn't, So I made a Drunken Fallen Paladin /Choas Knight of Aphrodiety and proceeded to fuck with his story-line any chance I could by starting bar fights and hitting on anything that moved. He never Derailed anything because I'm not really a fan of that guying but I was pissed the hell off So Tanner was born. Tanner was introduced to the party by Starting a Fight with the barbarian in the party just as he arrived at the tavern, A cloaked figured attempted to stab said barbarian in the back and Tanner took exception to that and cleaved the man in half.

That Said Tanner was tipical depressed storyline family and men he served along side in some unamed war that the DM came up with left Tanner kinda mad and broken when he joined the party he told them no one's allowed to die unless he died first predictable he was the first to get killed I knew just how to push the DM's buttons and while I Never openly opposed the man because I had tried talking to him but he was dead set on A "Realistic Greek Setting." God's only know what that means.

Tanner went out taking Fire lasers from a rage demon while being impaled by a Halberd Giving the demon the finger as the rest of party destroyed a magic Book that the demon was using as an anchor or some shit to the prime material We were a party of two paladins and a bard at level 2 I'm not familiar with Fifth but I'm pretty sure the DM was dead set on killing me so I wanted to make sure my character didn't take the rest of the party with it. There are other shenanigans Tanner got up to but mostly he come in caused a lot of chaos on the DM then Died protecting his party mates which was a end I was happy with. I had to leave the game for several sessions and apparently the game collapsed after I left I'm not sure if it was me or if the DM just crumpled he was an ok guy he just pushed all my buttons to...

his family and men got killed hence the tipical depressed Oh no everyone I know and love is dead story, Sorry I'm shit at story telling. I have other characters but I'm sure you guys don't want me to ramble on about them

I'm pretty pleased with the characters in the campaign I run. They were all rookies in the adventurers guild, with very normal backstories. One was the grandson of a smith, one an apprentice merchant, a gypsy, and a grizzled hunter. All nobodies who individually decided they wanted to make a difference.

What's the worst monster or villain your OC has ever had to face up against? How did it turn out?

Any lasting consequences?

Earth Elemental Huge it punched the cleric and knocked it out in one hit, My barbarian ran in threw cleric out of room and was killed then the cleric bled out followed by the mage getting squashed we lost the campaign and the temple of elemental evil was used to do bad things.

Honestly, just let things develop in game. Don't try to start with a strong motivation, because it'll put you at odds with the party.

The best strong motivation you could probably start with is 'brash and having something to prove.' Because you can work that into pretty much anything.

Been thinking that I want to play something a bit more normal for an upcoming game. Plenty of opportunity to play all sorts of freaky shit in D&D and the like, and I usually partake without hesitation, but now I kind of want to play something more relatable and normal.

Not sure how to do that best tho. I'm afraid it's just gonna end up being something boring and dull. How do you make a less freaky, more ordinary character who still feels intresting and all in a party full of all kinds of weird shit? For D&D.

Speaking strictly "normal" characters makes me always think human. They have nothing really special to make them stand out so you have to put all the work in yourself to give them interesting traits that help the character feel more than pen and paper notes.

Charlotte is a good example that comes to mind, as well as Isara the Ice Witch and the Trass Twins bounty hunters, if you know who they are. If not, they may show up later in the thread.

>How do you make a less freaky, more ordinary character who still feels intresting and all in a party full of all kinds of weird shit? For D&D.

Probably by giving them a personality, solid motivations and a compelling backstory? The DM will appreciate that far more than being some freaky little shit with six eyes and a glowing tentacle-dick.

Yeah, and I feel the same. It's pretty easy to get distracted by all the shiny, weird races and whatnot. I've been relying on that stuff way too much in my past games. I need a purgative, so to speak.

Probably just a straight-up human. I'm kind of thinking that it might be intresting to play a pretty naive character, someone who hasn't seen much of the world and has lived a pretty sheltered life. Maybe a noble, although I don't really have a lot of ideas about how to come up with an intresting backstory for that, yet. Almost all my characters tend to be tough shits who grew up in bad neighborhoods and learned to fend for themselves.

Fucking shit, I'm boring and repetive. Honestly, doing something like this is what I need. I just don't have many ideas about it yet.

>I'm kind of thinking that it might be intresting to play a pretty naive character, someone who hasn't seen much of the world and has lived a pretty sheltered life. Maybe a noble, although I don't really have a lot of ideas about how to come up with an intresting backstory for that, yet.

Please no, naive characters are difficult enough to roleplay in any sort of endearing way, and throwing "noble" onto that just makes it harder on you to actually play the character effectively since now you've got the whole "blue-blood" thing going on.

>Fucking shit, I'm boring and repetive. Honestly, doing something like this is what I need. I just don't have many ideas about it yet.

Could you give us a blurb about the campaign, the campaign hook, the types of characters the DM wants and the make-up of your party?

>

Please no, naive characters are difficult enough to roleplay in any sort of endearing way, and throwing "noble" onto that just makes it harder on you to actually play the character effectively since now you've got the whole "blue-blood" thing going on.

Eh, I guess that might be true. It felt pretty obvious, but I guess that probably just means it's not very clever or intresting at all.

>Could you give us a blurb about the campaign, the campaign hook, the types of characters the DM wants and the make-up of your party?

I guess we're under "no evil motherfuckers" -rule at the moment. Other than that, it's supposed to be a sandbox game set in generic fantasyland -type of thing. Plopping in different modules and all that.

So yeah, it's just about the most generic, least inspiring thing imaginable. We've kind of settled on that when it became clear half the group doesn't give a shit and just wants to roll dice and kill things. And subsequently, I guess nobody's feeling like putting too much thought into their character either. But I'd like to, at least this once, at least a bit.

So, I guess some kind of a character concept involving getting established in the world and all that would probably benefit from a sandbox game. I'm just trying to come up with something that'd be at least a bit less brainless.

>Superhero game
>Playing a villain
>tfw just bewitched my hero rival's sidekick and gf into working for me

Never made someone despair like that in game before.

Magical realm alert. NTR pandering.

No romance to speak of and my character isn't gay, so I don't see how it's NTR.

I just enchanted her into becoming evil alongisde my character.

Sir Aaron Annesly is a noble of in Water Deep. He is infamous for constantly spending time with those below his class, despite his upbringing. His family is known for their pride in their bloodline, and their distaste for watering it down with nonhumans, most so with half breeds. Aaron has shown little to no care for this, however. He spends far more time amongst the merchants, learning their trade, and has the ear of the city guards. He is rarely seen without his squire, Patsy. Patsy is a bumbling idiot, but Aaron bears with him since the young fool was recommended by Lea, a young half elf noble with whom Aaron spends FAR too much time. To add more to his family's shame, he has been spotted with an elf of ill repute named Soren, and Mentis, a gnome wizard known to be... Off. Aaron is a skilled fighter, taught fencing from a young age, and has also focused on bolstering his allies, and battle field tactics. His enemies are the cult of Tiamat, at the moment. They had been smuggling dangerous creatures and items into the city. His investigation into the smuggling, with the help of a certain criminal, unearthed a far more malevolent plot. He has bright red hair, and a fondness for green clothing.
>What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been in?
The closest to conflict would be the time the gnome thought it would be all right to have sex with his wife... In Aaron's bedroom. Sheets were burned. Patsy caught fire.

For Zaniel his greatest foe so far was Karol, a good friend of our adventuring company and mentor to several of the PC that was driven to insanity by losing his family a second time (they were undead). In his grief he turned to necromancy for revenge against the church of Pelor and his home nation.

So that over the course of a few months, Karol raises an army of Wights, zombies, and other undead that can easily multiple, he turns himself into a lich by binding his souls to a artifact.

We learned during our conflict with his army that the undead organization worshipped Atropus the World born Dead. Shortly after our conflict with Karol It was reviled that Atropus the Elder Evil was in fact always our worlds second moon.

Which promptly wiped out a every divine caster that was under level 10 on the south west corner of our continent.

It was dramatic and and fun arc to say the least.

The party seems to have so very tightly wound individuals. Very, very tight.

Wouldn't mind hearing more, but take the time to proof read first. Like, write it out ahead of time. Also, fuck your gm for not letting you worship Hades. Hades best God.

It's not the first or even second time party members have split off from the group due to the hard-headedness of the ones arguing, we've gone so far as to compare our characters to Avengers and which side each of them would be on if we actually had a schism that fucking bad.

But while they're a bit short to fuse, it's really that they don't like to compromise on something they have reason(s) to believe is correct and the back-and-forth winds them up. Less a hair-trigger and more a low tolerance for people that don't obviously show their attempt to accept an alternate viewpoint, if they're doing so at all.

Wait, whats wrong with Blue blood? I live the idea of a cocktail noble going out to adventure, thinking the world would just bend to his whims. Only to find out that it's a harsh, unforgiving place outside the castle walls.

*Kharl* was definitely a real pain to fight, and you are understating just what that army DID. As in, slaughtered the majority of a nation. It'll take DECADES to fully fix. But one idiot wizard is so NAIVE that he's willing to believe that it wasn't Kharl's decision to slaughter thousands of people. It's beginning to seem as though a certain wizard is starting to FORGIVE the person that caused one of the most catastrophic events in the world's history. Not even Keth, the party SAINT is ready to come even close to forgiving him.

Darius, LE Barbed Devil villain I'm considering putting into one of my campaigns.

He's the son of a character in-setting with a much more colorful history, so I decided to substitute son for father to mellow things out a bit.
Right now, he's looking for two things:
>Willing servants he can grant spells to, so he has pawns he can use to advance his own goals, the goals of his father, and the goals of his father's lord.
>A suitable wife, because his mother is bothering him about grandchildren.

Brash and somewhat immature, Darius is about 50 years old, a relatively young age for a devil. He is a tactician and lawyer, and considers himself 'the best' at both for his tier of power (obviously, he's not up for challenging his father or his father's lord at this point). He is naturally rude to inferiors he doesn't want something from, and often underestimates mortal opponents, seeing them as beneath him. There's a divine mutual treatise that limits extraplanar influence on the Material Plane, which he ignored once before immediately getting his ass kicked by divine law enforcement and returned to his father in an embarrassed and bloody heap.

His father is a Chain Devil, his mother at the same rank. Both parents used to be mortals, but got forcibly retired after an adventure gone wrong. Because of this, Darius technically has 'older' (physically younger due to planar time fuckery) siblings siblings back on the Material Plane, who he seeks to eventually find and best to prove he is his family's true inheritor.
He has a surprisingly genuine filial relationship with his parents, who themselves are in a loving relationship. They're Evil, sure, but they're Lawful Evil.

In total, Darius is meant to be a conniving and manipulative but not omniscient opponent. I'm almost certain my party will defeat him in battle at least once, and he'll have a miniature breakdown complete with rant if they ever manage to completely outwit him.

>Development Question: What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been involved in?

Does it still count as 'intra-party conflict' if it drove half the campaign and most of the development for the characters involved?

I thought Devils were born of twisted souls, not born normally.

Absolutely.

There's a bit of setting-specific cosmology at work here, meaning you are technically correct in one sense.
So how souls generally work is that, unless tied to a body, they gravitate towards the plane they're most attuned to and (usually) spawn either over time or immediately into an outsider of the same type. Basically what happened in this instance is that the kid was conceived while there was a floating soul and that soul is now Darius. Reincarnation is weird like that.

>Dev Question
My Jedi Knight got into conflict with a Smuggler in my group about child trafficking.

He was trying to justify it "because we needed the funds" but he's actually into shota/loli IRL so I'm beginning to question if he himself was trying to justify it or his character was.

Not trying to undersell the destruction of the nation, but pointing out that basically quarter of all divine spell casters on the continent died because of him.

Also Zaniel has not forgiven him but you are right, he does believe that Kharl was "Not himself" because of Atropus.
Also how can he repent for his sins in a Pokeball?

Hmm... Let the powerful lich who slaughtered thousands out of his prison to "repent". Sure. That's a great idea.

So, no one likes to compromise... But they have a low tolerance for people that don't accept an alternate view point? No wonder they keep splitting up temporarily.

It's that time again

Specifics/reference > general requests; first-come first-serve otherwise.

Think you could do the necromancer woman on the right lighting a ship cannon with her staff, which has a small flame on the end.

ye
What should her emotions be?

Something similar to "AAAAAGGGH"!

We were on a ship engaged with another ship, and she was leading the cannonfire.

I really appreciate it, btw!

I would like this fellow sitting on an ammo crate (humorous label on the preferred, like EXTERMINATUS MUNITIONS or CAUTION, ZLORG) and using his robot arm (basic industrial sort of arrangement, anchored to the lower back) to play chess against a generic-looking starship trooper. He'd have a dispassionate expression, and he'd be passing a box of cigarettes to the soldier under the table.

which oc is that :^)

Just fuck off with those emotes, ey?

Current game? The ratman and the paladin hate each other thusfar.

The ratman took to using spells and lethal damage on the paladin when the paladin was not happy with having the wobbajack used on him (which stuck him in an old timey diving suit) and when he went Homer Simpson on the rat, the rat used spells. Many spells.

He earned a bitchslap for that.

It's gotten worse now that the rat has become a cowardly shithead, leaving the (level 2) party of 3 to fight a CR5 cobra, as he nearly slapped his shit for fleeing.

>Pic mildly related: new design for under her cloak, and when asking the paladin player to help me with a pose he said JOJO

Though, I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the time that, another game, everyone was double-crossing each other or were in the party for their own strange agendas. Shit was nuts.

>What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been involved in?

Despite being high strung, Korr manages to hold the party together fairly well. Most of the inner-party conflict is between Korr and Skid, the other card carrying Imperial and group pilot who's survived as long as she has. She's a professional, he's an adrenaline junkie.

Ironically, when they learned their faction was disintegrating on board an Imperial station, Korr wanted to do something rash while Skid wanted to reach out to his father, an Imperial commander who was waiting out the infighting with his small fleet in a backwater system. An argument became shouting, which escalated further in Korr throwing Skid against the wall with her claws against his throat and him pressing a blaster against her head. And then they kissed.

>What's the worst monster or villain your OC has ever had to face up against? How did it turn out? Any lasting consequences?

The longest lasting recurring antagonist has been Inquisitor Sarna. The party first ran into her on Mustafar when they were already in over their head, and she killed two crew members left behind to watch the ship and stole important data before Korr made it back alone and wounded to confront her. That did not go well, and since then Sarna's been a thorn in the party's side, helping them when it suits her while forcing them to be accessories to her agenda-both her command ship and combat skills are more than a match for the party, something that she gleefully likes to point out.

Sarna overextended her reach recently, though, and Korr used the opportunity to point her location out to a group of Mandalorians who wanted to claim a force user on their kill count. We don't know how the encounter went other than that both Sarna and the Mandalorians are alive or if either party has figured out Korr was hoping for mutual destruction, so that should be something to look forward to.

I've actually never drawn someone with exposed shoulders before. I'm going to take a lunch break and then I'll finish it.

No worries, I'll be here!

I basically just need to clean her up a bit and put a cannon in front of her

Oh my god her player is going to freak she loves this character so much and that looks great. Thanks so much.

>Brad Baker, from Hunter the Vigil

Made a male model in a college game that was often referred to as the team mascot and dog. With Striking Looks 2 and Presence 4, everyone thought he was primary social and it showed with his tertiary mental and tellingly Intelligence 1. Was so dumb and trusting he accidently sold out our haven to a vampire. If you threw a football or Frisbee, he would chase it. The real thing he had going for him was unseen senses which let him see ghosts according to the story teller, and he was a hardcore Christian who genuinely believed in helping people and turning the other cheek. It ended up getting in the way of the vigil a couple times because he wanted to help redeem monsters until it became apparent that just wasn't going to happen. About a dozen sessions in my team had completely forgotten he was strength 4 at start and bought up to strength 5 by saving exp. The same with getting up to brawl 5. Eventually he punched out a werewolf in a single really good exploding ten roll and they all remembered. He ended up graduating college with a lot of really hard studying to become a registered nurse.

>What's the worst instance of inner-party conflict your OC has been involved in?

He fell in love with a fae spirit or something along those lines, and almost ended up getting changeling'd. Brad really was a fucking idiot.

"Disfunction Junction" has been the phrase that's most commonly used to describe our party dynamic, closely followed by "straight fucked" and "Not that we're complaining GM, but wai so many fus?" At least 2/3 of the named/titled/interacted character cast is female, maybe even 3/4, haven't been keeping track.

How tall is she? I'd guess ~ 5'8" based on the prior illustration.

I don't have any specifics and her player is working so I can't ask her, but I have Charlotte as 5'9", so if that helps?

Well if they're about the same height then it'll be fine.

>That spoiler

"AAAAAGGGH"!
As requested.

Also gorgeous, many thanks drawanon.

I'm glad you like it.
I actually got to draw a lot of stuff I haven't before on this one. I may come back to it later.

and here's without the cannon.

That's fantastic, thanks a ton.

This is amazing, thank you very much. Glad you like hanging out with us too, there are some pretty cool people here and in the private chat.

goodbye drawbro, see you next time

Hey! My mage also had 1 Int and 4 presence. And striking looks!

Joshua Troy, Shadow Name is Ajax. He's a socialite, and a witch. A fatespinner. He's searching for answers as to what has drawn his compatriots and he together; why the threads of fate have had this pattern. He's overly protective, and that ties in with his pride. He's charismatic, and the closest his group has to a party face. He gets egocentric at times, and manipulates his friends, too. He blames it on the symbols he sees since Awakening, but he was always a bit manipulative. He also does not know when to shut up, which has gotten in trouble more than a few times. He's dedicated to protecting his friends, but he's also a terrible craven. His allies are his best friend Q, a sin-eater, Burke a werewolf FBI agent, the other residents of his condominium, and his bar's owner, Lucifer. His enemies are his father William, and a demon named Sin that has been playing chess with Josh and his friends as the pieces. He also has his younger sister, who he's raised, his mother who's gone missing, and his girlfriend Samantha.

also had 5 unarmed! He didn't punch out a wolf though. But he did grapple a vampire. This was before his awakening, and was just a mortal investigating something.

>posting copyrighted characters
>especially ones held in such high regard that are close to our hearts

Poor form.

nothing personnel kid

[grape jelly noises]

Ketharuil, goes by Keth.
Currently, he mainly wants to right wrongs, and spread freedom wherever he can. He's considering taking a temporary retirement to raise his daughter.

At the point we are in his campaign, he's already a very accomplished cleric, and was made a saint by his GODDESS, for when he and his friends rooted out corruption buried deep within the church of Pelor. He is virtuous and kind, and has used all his money made adventuring to help the weak and needy, having taken a vow of poverty early on in his life.

He often times will put his beliefs before others, and is quick to argue with those who don't share his beliefs. He also, forgive the pun, acts holier than thou at times.

His family is almost exclusively his parents, as they moved from his racial homeland long ago, but his grandmother would occasionally visit, and tell him stories of his culture. His wife is one of his many adventuring companions.

While he has few enemies beyond the greater scope of evil, he has a large number of allies, first and foremost his party. While he has argued with them on the topics of morality on many occasions, predominantly the LN wizard(who puts law above morality?); since they started their journey, most if not all have turned good. His closest companion besides his wife would be the neutral good former Illithid psion turned half celestial dire polar bear with hero complex.

... For some reason Goddess was corrected to all caps.
Either way.
Likely one of the various conflicts caused by the wizard. The party is very chaotic, and mainly good. Except a lawful neutral wizard. So the worst was when we were clearing out a goal moving fortress. We had gotten to the kitchen, and found the cooks hiding there. Keth had detected that they weren't evil, and the rogue had analyzed them enough to see they weren't a threat, which was already quite apparent by their pleading. Keth states that we should just let them go, after being asked what we should do by Ruth our rogue. The wizard chimes in, saying that we should kill them. Because they were feeding an opposing army. The argument got very, very heated. It took Mordin, a very heroic Illithid, to grab both of them and basically give them a time out because they couldn't touch his grapple check. We let them go in the end, because NO one agreed with the wizard.

I think the argument between Morden & keth vs Ruth and Jai was much worse. You guys nearly got arrested.

Keth wasn't really a part of it. He was trying to keep peace. It was mainly Ruth and Mordin. And I blame that fight on player tension.

So, Aaron is a real upstanding and nice fellow. So nice that bears with his squire and manservant Patsy who does more wrong than right. He has a poor reputation among nobles and Patsy DOES NOT help. Recently, he and his compatriots left waterdeep to investigate a branch of the cult of tiamat. So Aaron, before they left, ordered Patsy to fetch a carriage and horses, and bring them to his estate. Upon arriving, Aaron saw Patsy, the carriage, and several ladies of pleasure. But no horses.
Patsy explained that he fetched the carriage and whores, and expressed fatigue at pulling the carriage all the way there. Aaron didn't know what to be baffled at more, that Patsy confused horses for whores despite the context, or that he pulled a brothels worth of whores from the red light district to there. By himself.

So, Aaron is a real upstanding and nice fellow. So nice that he bears with his squire and manservant Patsy; who does more wrong than right. He has a poor reputation among nobles and Patsy DOES NOT help. Recently, he and his compatriots left waterdeep to investigate a branch of the cult of tiamat. So Aaron, before they left, ordered Patsy to fetch a carriage and horses, and bring them to his estate. Upon arriving, Aaron saw Patsy, the carriage, and several ladies of pleasure. But no horses.
Patsy explained that he fetched the carriage and whores, and expressed fatigue at pulling the carriage all the way there. Aaron didn't know what to be baffled at more, that Patsy confused horses for whores despite the context, or that he pulled a brothels worth of whores from the red light district to there. By himself.

So, why does the draw thread hate you guys? I can't really see a reason.