/cyoag/ CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/#q=findom
pastebin.com/zC48ut6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that vampires are the second worst race.

This could be OC, except it is not. Or is it.

1/2

2/2

Let's talk about superhero cyoas. Which powerset would you have if you could copy an established fictional superhero's exact powerset right now, within reason so omnipotent squirrel shits? Which powerset would you absolutely not want to see in a superhero cyoa because it triggers your autism, example being mind control?

well... is it?

*no omnipotent squirrels.

And so, a new, strong meme was born.

It could be if you're not a redditor.
I kinda liked it so I stole it. Now it's mine.

Been away for a couple of days but I remember seeing something about how Royal Guardian is getting a sequel? Anyone know how that's coming along?

I don't have an answer on-hand, but my top priority for a personal power (a power I'd possess, instead of a power I'd like to give to a character) is immortality. Not dying comes before anything. Sorry if that's boring!

Thanks; glad you like it.

A bit of both, but more decreased. Civilized Magic is now +5 instead of +10. Balanced magic now has the option to be unlimited, if you have enough enemy races. The effects of Magic of the Enemy are slightly less penalizing for the bad guys in one form. Changed numbers are all in blue, as a note.

Reposting latest update, as posted near the end of last thread.

1.5 Changelog here

And the DLC, also updated.

WoMaW 0.9 Changelog here

But you can still be killed by anything but old age.

I'd probably pick Dr. Strange myself but I'm sure that's not an "optimal" choice.

I wouldn't want to see anything with immortality (as in, unaging), unless it was something that everyone got. It just outweighs too many other things.

That's a semantic point this thread likes to stress. That "immortality" means "not dying of old age." It doesn't necessarily mean that. It means "not being mortal." In the context I used it, I intended to convey "being categorically unable to die." If you happen to know a better way to describe that power, I would appreciate the information.

Reminder that Summoner is the best choice, with Prophet a close second if you want a safe, comfy lottery paid life.

Deathless is a term I've recently been hearing and I personally prefer it over Immortality.

I could be wrong, I'll grant you, but I'm fairly certain there is no established superhero that is "categorically unable to die".

Bloodpool and the Mad titan Thanos is barred from entering death's realm.

That's why I phrased it as a priority, and not a power. I'd have to research into a lot of fiction to see which power came closest to satisfying my need to continue existing.

Mister immortal from marvel

Man, that'd actually be a great one. Piss off Death and have it tell me that it specifically passed a metaphysical edict barring me from ever dying? I'd take it.

Adam Destine and Mister Immortal, the latter's power being literally true immortality.

>Chutulid for tentacles and giggles
>Abduction for ... reasons involving tentacles
>Warp Life
>Fear Toxin
>Void Nightmares
Warp mirror

Mysticism GOAT. Mind control and divination in one package? Sign me the fuck up. Sure, they're probably weak versions, but it only takes a little bit to make the differences you need.

Not sure I want any of these places, might be nicer to stay home and not be obviously magical. I'll take Blackbark I guess, since I don't need to study there all the time to get the benefit and it would be a nice place to have a vacation.

Philosopher's stone will be useful for fiscal reasons and I will probably find some other nice use for it.

Tome of Extra knowledge for summoning. Servant imps are more useful to me than big demons anyway.

Hunger and thirst powers of the vitus ring are cool, but I won't give up my ability to feel pain for it. Goggles have a good power but I ain't about to wear that shit on my face all day. Gauntlet is easily replaced by a tool box. The others are cool but not as good as the ones I picked.

I'll stay independent from factions.

Can i combine master of'motion and map maker? The latter gives the ability to visualize space all around, does it'count as line of sight/places ive been to for teleportation?

Any good CYOAs of becoming a cute little girl and hand-holding?

Man, I just looked that one up. That would actually be terrible. He can die, he just "gets better", and is always enraged afterward or messed up due to the pain of dying.

And the implication is that he'll literally be around forever. So, just floating around in the complete entropy of heat death at some point.

Forever.

Yeah, I'll pass, at least on that particular version.

I can't actually find anyone named Bloodpool. Distinct from Deadpool, I take it? Google, why do you fail me.

And Thanos apparently get trapped in a pocked dimension for eternity? That's not the fault of his immortality, I suppose.

Which major/minor magics do you think would most benefit human civilization?

Hmm... clever combo. Yeah, I'll allow it. Things you visualize within your one mile radius of Map Maker will count as "having been there" for purposes of teleporting. Granted, this still means that you'll have to stop and focus between each, but it should still be pretty quick.

Are you asking me, or is that an open question to the thread? I don't want to bias the responses in the latter case.

>Craft: Summoning
I have always loved the idea of being a summoner, from tiny fairies to do my dishes to huge balrogs to cleave my enemies asunder.

>Study Area: Crystal Caves
I was tempted to pick the Infernal Alter to improve myself but in the long run having more mana will probably benefit me more.

>Tome of Extra Knowledge: Vitalism
Some basic healing magic can never hurt.
>Amulet of Mara
This could help me be a better Summoner too, assuming it works on them.

>Faction: Merchant's Guild
I'll make lots of money with magic as is my dream. I'm guessing I'd be hiring out my summons for security or delivery work.

So, any chance of introducing magic that increases physical capabilities to allow for stuff like muscle wizard?

I'm thinking Major Motion, Blessed One and Stormsage. Logistics, healing and ensuring a suitable climate

Maybe?

Enchanting + Blessed One lets you create rejuvenating obelisks that heal anyone who touches them, or could even have an healing aura. Enchanting + Stormsage lets you create weather machines which could cover entire cities with perfect weather as needed.

As a single magic I believe Shapeshifting Major is best because by itself could be used to homogenize humanity in skin colour and gender thereby promoting equality. You could literally turn all of humanity into fair-skinned beautiful futas and no one would be discriminated against ever again.

No physical discrimination just means more mental discrimination, or using external markers, like clothing, to enforce status.

Shapeshifting is still a great pick, but Enchanting and Motion are best to me.

>Implying anyone wants to be an abomination.

You say that now, but I'm sure that plenty of people who are discriminated against for the way they look as we speak, would love to become a member of a futa planet where everyone is beautiful and fair-skinned. Then again, I guess being fair-skinned would be a bitch if you live in africa. But I don't want to make the whole world black either...

>As a single magic I believe Shapeshifting Major is best because by itself could be used to homogenize humanity in skin colour and gender thereby promoting equality. You could literally turn all of humanity into fair-skinned beautiful futas and no one would be discriminated against ever again.

>>>/tumblr/ you niggerly faggot

Directed at you.

You know, I've been thinking about making an add on to this cyoa to include even more powers. What would you guys want to see?

How about we turn humanity into a hivemind? No-one will be discriminated against if we're all the same person! Hell, why not just get rid of humans altogether? That would solve the problem flawlessly!

how about you just get rid of white people since as you and i both obviously believe, white people are the root of all evil that isn't money, and only white people can be racist. :^)

Niggers are black.

>I believe Shapeshifting Major is best because by itself could be used to homogenize humanity in skin colour and gender thereby promoting equality. You could literally turn all of humanity into fair-skinned beautiful futas and no one would be discriminated against ever again.

Wrong, in such a hypothetical society, you will be discriminated by dick length.

I say that forever. Most people are disgusted by you.

B8 reception capacity continues to worryingly increase.

Zombie
Infernal
Skill consumption
Brawn
Demonic Transformation
Infernal Blood
Morgue

There is great power stored in the flesh of the others. And with my new power, I can access a portion of it. Most of my time will be spent just trying to fit in in this new world or devouring flesh at a quick rate to stave off mind death. I'm sure I can find a good amount of flesh at my job, maybe a spare part or two. If not, the streets are always open. Eventually, I'll start trying to keep the other Others in check, preventing them from growing too much in power

Everyone would be transformed into the Master Race, you won't even realized you're creating half-breeds until your wife spawns a little pickaninny.

If you're lucky the shape shifting obelisk will be nearby and nobody will ever know your secret shame.

How many days will she be gone this time?

I don't think that was as bad as the last one, so not very long.

Eh; I haven't been able to come up with anything interesting that doesn't overlap/obsolete buying physical perks.

Major Shapeshifting only allows you to use the effects of Minor Shapeshifting on others. Which means cosmetic. You could, I suppose, mainstakingly change their skin color, but it wouldn't change their genes.

To do what you propose, you'd have to give shapeshifting to humans directly (easy), and then get them to voluntarily become homogenous (not... easy).

Assuming you live in a world without great supernatural threats, then I would say the top one might be Major Master of Motion, due to it's ability to eliminate logistical difficulties. But, the problem is that it creates a lot of problems with protection; if you don't control it tightly, people you don't want to have it will be able to teleport into very inconvenient places.

I think the best *minor* magic to give to all of humanity is probably Blessed One, due to its ability to cure disease, wounds and infection without having an destructive application (one of the downsides of giving Stormsage to the general population is that's it's not limited to "nice")

Spirit Singer is the other one I'd be inclined to give to the general population, due to its relative benevolence.

Wow somebody finally made an Infernalis Zombie build. I had expected skill consumption to be more popular.

After all these years you'd think I'd stop getting disappointed by user's actions.

Forgot the gift.
Bridge key
Because Why not?

After all these years, you'd think you'd have fucked off by now. Yet, you just don't seem to get the hint.

Same. Heck, this is actually my second build. Wanted to try something that wasn't demon, and Infernalis was just to dang alluring.

Besides, With Brawn and Demonic Transformation, I can reach 4x peak human strength. That kind of power is nothing to sneeze at.

Like most of the world, I don't care what some emotionally underdeveloped loser thinks. Your life is never going to get better, user. Nobody will ever truly love you.

ITT the pot calls the kettle a nigger.

Ironically, I likely make way more money than you and talk to more people on a daily basis judging by all the information we've heard about you here.

You're one to talk.

angelanon are you into femdom/findom?

What the hell is findom

Probably dolphin rape.

Getting dominated by spurdo

google.com/#q=findom

Kinda a sub-fetish of femdom

>judging by all the information we've heard about you here.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between angelanon and an anonymous poster isn't making you look any less emotionally retarded, lol.

Some people prefer really really specific shit when they jerk off. And the word play just works. And probably dolphin rape.

Since you went through the trouble of posting this, I'll go ahead and make a build for the rest of them.

>Skygge Ulven
>Furious Power, Shadow Pack, Deep Rend, Bane Claws
>Draconis
>Monocle

>Unseelie Fae
>Ly Erg
>Weapon Mastery, Inhibit
>Witchcraft, Lucem Sanctam
>Siegeblade

>Corrupt, Fear Toxin, Grand Design, Mirage
>Warp Mirror

>Kokabiel
>Divine Rebuke, Manifest Wings, Summon the Sign, Starlight
>Disposal
>Crystal Rod

>Cardinal
>Calcified, Brawn, Spitter, Plague Breeder
>Morgue
>Dragonscale

>Jotnar
>Muscle Mass, Stone Hide, Veil, Troll Forge
>Bridge Key

>Obsidian
>Partial Transformation, Grand Necromancy, Armored, Nether Claws
>Wood Coins

>Conspicuous Consumption, Poisonous, Bane Claws, Muscle Mass (Jotnar)
>Crucifix

Sounds like cuck tier shit

>I won't be able to have SS shenanigans with angel all week because some jackass just had to make fun of her for being raped

That seems a bit extreme, but the guy was being a dick so, ya know.

>findom
>people get turned on by giving bullies their lunch money

Some fetishes will never make sense to me.

A, always.

>Sub being forced to give money to the Dom

Oy Vey! Sounds like a nightmare!

First page of what I've been working on is done. Full text in variably complete state is here:

pastebin.com/zC48ut6s

Suggestions for any area are appreciated, and especially mysteries and enemies since I'm not great at that. Input regarding aesthetic/layout is also welcome, though I'm afraid this is about the height of my technical ability.

If you see something that's confusing, unclear, or seems unbalanced, please let me know.

Also, not sure if they guy I was talking to last night saw my responses to his questions; they're here:

>pastebin.com/zC48ut6s
Question: Is there any downside to loading up on 12 classes? Anons are not ones to let quality of life get in the way of min-maxing, after all.

Not my cup of tea, friend. But looks good.

More CYOAs please.

It's twelve credits of classes, meaning it would be four classes total. I'm going to add more add-on credits to classes when I finalize the details for the first version (which is my next order of business) which will make this matter a bit more. For now, it boils down to "pick either three classes or four classes per year". I'll try to clarify that in the wording.
The downside of taking four is only that you're in class for pretty much the whole day, six days a week. There isn't a mechanical downside, I'm not sure what such a downside would entail or if there even needs to be one.

Cheers, thanks. What keeps it from being to your tastes?

>lol
Back to your shithole of a site.

Also, she plainly claimed to be herself in that post. Forgive me for assuming that poster is AA, I guess? You whiteknight faggots need to fuck off back to where you came from.

I'll take a look at it when the full version comes out, but it looks great. In fact, you have inspired me to show the first image to a cyoa I'm working on.