mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
The last work of Kirby, fyreslayers.

First for the Free People.

Reminder that SC boxes are for minis people DON'T want to buy sprinkled with some good ones so people see value.

So do all Free People just live in Sigmar's sky city or do they live on the ground like regular people doing regular mortal things?

So I finished my 2000 points of Sylvaneth and started collecting some Moonclan Grots with some back up Gitmob Grot Doom Divers and Wolf chariots/riders as back up. No Squigs, no Orruks, only grots. How fucked am I?

I wanna really highlight the angelic aspects of the Seraphon, whats the best way to go about that in conversions?

I used blue ink on their blue scales, it makes it look like blue light is shining out of the cracks between their scales

>Attempt to find paint refs online
>chance dumpster diving at DA
I was not ready for the.. other seraphon....

Cool idea, any good cheap source on feathers? I cant sculpt greenstuff

>Slaves to Darkness
>Flesh Eaters
>Daemons of Khorne
>Pestilens
>Deathrattle
>Malignants

Does it hurt being so wrong?

>Slaves to Darkness
All old models, only sorc and chariot are relatively new.
>Flesh Eaters
All old models
>Daemons of Khorne
All old models, bloodcrushers are bad rules wise.
>Pestilens
All old models, plague monks are aeons old.
>Deathrattle
All old models
>Malignants
All old models

If they really cared so much about giving customers value, they'd release start collecting kits right when a faction drops. with the new ones coming out they're banking on people seeing the amazing savings!!! and buying stuff they potentially have already or don't need. For example do you think people would buy saurus knights if they weren't in the SC box?

Honestly I love the SC boxes, but people need to realize they aren't there just to give customers great deals, they're to both get new players in and buying the new shiny models or to get old players to buy units they otherwise wouldn't because of all the great deals.

feathers, archaeopteryx style

Mind, that's a lot of fucking work, because you'll have to sculpt that shit on your own.

>blood crushers
>blood blooders
>bloodpriest bloodmeteorhammerblood man
I'm actually considering that box. Stuff I wanted, but not stuff I felt was worth buying at full price.

well considering they're literally free, along with the warriors, I don't think people would mind having them whether they wanted them or not

Both. Free guilds represent any Order aligned human cities

Silver Tower pack and Start Collecting/starter stuff aside, are there places to get good discounts on AoS stuff?

>they'd release start collecting kits right when a faction drops.

>ironjawz
>sylvaneth

appologize now

I guess there are no grot players here

>ironjawz

>ironjaws released months ago
>sylvaneth released a few weeks ago
>GW has already promoted and started their campaign along with the general's handbook release drawing people in
>people already bought stuff
>they drop this now so they can double dip on people who have already gone full sigmar
>Ironjaws have 2/3 new models and sylvaneth have 1/3 new models

>being this mad that he's a poorfag

seriously, nobody foces you to play

if he was a poorfag wouldn't he be tonguing GW's asshole over start collecting boxes regardless of what was in them?

FANATICS

but seriously if you get an araknarok and play smart it's fine

he's literally complaining the start collecting boxes aren't good enough

I play chaos dwarfs and bloodbound. The SC boxes are great, but they're still a business decision and not just a way to give us free stuff.

I'm explaining why people's magical christmasland SC boxes won't happen (fyreslayers in the case of the OP). GW won't give you exactly what you want in the SC boxes because you'll buy that stuff for full price.

I want ironjaws so bad. Are they good and when are their boxes released?

Hmm, was planning on not using any Behemoths since my Sylvaneth has 3 Treemen in it. Was hoping war machines could make up for them. I guess I'll look into it and think of a way to convert it into Night Shamans.

As the other user said, in less eloquent words, to play Grots, ya need ta be a sneaky git!

Enemies will look down on you. Let em! You have lots of tricks and traps that'll ruin ANY enemies day. DoomDivers ate amazingly accurate, while Stone chucka's have huge damage prediction. But Fanatics and Nasty Skulkers are simply gorkamorka-sends. They let you counter charge, and can do real good damage if you get lucky; they also make your oppenent paranoid attacking in Melee.

yes because as a sylvaneth player there's literally no reason for me to ever collect dryads, branchwyches, or any treelord variant.

fireslayers are shit

If you're an existing sylvaneth player why wouldn't you already have tons of treelords and dryads, they were the only 2 models the faction had for ages.

>Tfw Ironjawz box is all stuff I havent bought for them yet

Man, and I was so close to getting some gore gruntaz the other day

What's a good army to get into that has mostly big models with few fine details besides Ogors. I want to paint the army but my hands shake way too much trying to paint small stuff.

>start collecting

Elves? Slaves to Darkness? They're both relatively easy to paint and carry few details, along with being really Strong dudez.

I'd say Ironjawz.

ironjawz, just load up on brutes

Got a question for anyone who's opened an Ardboys box. Does it come with enough weapons to build a unit with one type, or are you forced to mix it up?

Because "sylvaneth" players have only been around for a few weeks, and anyone who bought durthu before almost certainly only bought one or a couple, not 6+?

You'll need to mix it up with knives and axes, but I think there are enough of those that you won't need to use any maces if you don't want to.

the maces are the best part

Wow, so non-starter players can't buy the starter set either?

They have though, there were 3 sylvaneth players at my local GW long before we knew about new stuff.

>Treelord
>Dryads
>Wych
The only 1 i can see not being in demand is the Wych, and even then i save like 15 quid

How human are stormcasts, lorewise? Do they still need to eat, sleep and shit? Can they take off the armor? Or are they like chaos warriors where they /can/ do all those things but don't need to?

they do sleep, they do fear death as each refoging means they lose a bit of themselves, they have a face under their helmets

I don't think there are enough maces for every boy in the box to get one, even including the big smashas.

My fault for not being clear. What I meant was is there enough, say, shields to have the whole unit have them? Or would I have to mix in some 2 handed axes and dual wielders?

Sigmar noob here. Aren't huge units of 20, or 30 guys a bad thing because the back units will never be able to reach the model they charge in on for their attacks? Sure, you can pile in during the combat phase but it's only 3 inches, not nearly enough to get around a blob of unit and get to the model.

Or am I reading that wrong?

>Wow, so non-starter players can't buy the starter set either?
It fucking says start collecting, why should even the most retarded whiny faggot be so butthurt that the box doesn't cater to players who already have large collections?

>They have though, there were 3 sylvaneth players at my local GW long before we knew about new stuff.
And the store almost without a doubt only carried 2 or so treelords, so they each would have been only able to buy 1 every 2+ weeks as they restock.

You're also lying just to be a fucking obnoxious contrarian shithead on the internet, so of course you're going to tell me how all 3 of those guys totally had all the treelords and dryads they would ever need already.

No, there are not. There are like 6 shields in the box.

This is why huge units usually have weapon options for reach like spears, and very significant bonuses for being in large units like getting more attacks, or buffing their hit or wound rolls.

How does this look?

Orruk Warchanter - 80
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman - 120
Gordrakk, the Fist of Gork - 700
Orruk Brutes x5, Two Brute Smasha's x3, Gore-choppa, Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha - 180
Orruk Brutes x5, Two Brute Smasha's x3, Gore-choppa, Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha - 180
Orruk Gore-gruntas x3, Pig-iron Choppa's - 180
Orruk Gore-grunats x3, Pig-iron Choppa's - 180

Total - 1980

some units only get bonuses when above a certain unit count, and you want to account for taking casualties, so its a bit of give and take. interestingly enough, this is where haivng units on old square bases and blocked up comes in handy because you can pack them tighter than round bases, so more guys can pile in

looks brutal

>be so butthurt that the box doesn't cater to players who already have large collections?
Because the people whining about needing new start collectings and wishlisting shit have armies already, that's entirely my point.

>of course you're going to tell me how all 3 of those guys totally had all the treelords and dryads they would ever need already.
What is forest spirit warhost aka the old start collecting sylvaneth. Unless you're going to tell me you need more than 30 dryads and 3 treelords.

what if you play winds of magic games???????????????????????????????????????????

>Because the people whining about needing new start collectings and wishlisting shit have armies already, that's entirely my point.
So your entire point is that you're missing the entire point of the boxes, good for you. My point is that "start collecting" boxes are specifically meant for you to "start collecting". I would have thought that would have been immediately obvious just by reading the big "start collecting" on the front of the box, but it seems that's just too nuanced for some people.

>What is forest spirit warhost aka the old start collecting sylvaneth.
>buy huge battleforce box that costs 3 times the amount as the start collecting box
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY ISN'T THE START COLLECTING BOX USEFUL FOR ME ANYMORE?!?!?!?!
Gee it's almost like if you buy a huge army box, you've already "started collecting"!

>Unless you're going to tell me you need more than 30 dryads and 3 treelords.
I'm going to tell me that you can always, always use more. Seriously, why aren't you whining about the branchwych? That's the one with the lowest upper limit that you'd ever want to have.

My case for why a Branchwraith is not "summoning" when casting Roused to Wrath:

- Because it never uses the word "summon," nor any variant thereof. It just says "set up."
- How can you pay points for the dryads you're trying to summon when you don't even know how much they will cost until you actually cast the spell and roll 2D6 during the game? Can't we conclude otherwise that it must be a non-summoning spell then?
- A regular unit of Dryads are a minimum of 5 models. What happens if you roll a 4 or less?
- The spell is detailed on the Warscroll for the Branchwraith; not Dryads. IIRC, most summoning spells are listed for the unit being summoned.
- Unlike normal summoning spells, Roused to Wrath has deployment restrictions to a Wyldwood forest within 12" of the caster.

>So your entire point is that you're missing the entire point of the boxes
My entire point is that other people are missing the entire point of the SC boxes, by wishlisting outrageous SC boxes with the perfect combo of units.

>Gee it's almost like if you buy a huge army box, you've already "started collecting"!
It's almost like the people buying sylvaneth realized "hmm, I'm going to buy all this anyways, why not save money?" they weren't brand new players.

>you can always, always use more
This is what I've been saying. You otherwise wouldn't buy the stuff, but you will now because "hell, why not it's cheap and I need a branchwych anyways"

why are we fighting over bargain boxes, why can't we just enjoy our toys

reading the seraphon tome, so are they an army of tulpas?

Because the game's in a good spot right now so we don't have anything relevant to argue over like how shitty saurus warriors were without points or something.

How's this for a playable (not necessarily great) grot army?

20 Night Goblins w/ bows
40 Night Goblins w/ Spears
1 Night Goblin Warboss w/ a Moon-slicer
4 Goblin Fanatics
10 Grot Wolf Riders with Pokin' Spears
2 Doom Diver Catapults

Seriously, the internet must argue, and we are finding fewer things lately to argue about this game.

How's this for a playable (not necessarily great) grot army? I really like fanatics and they look really good, but I assume you don't want to over do it.

20 Night Goblins w/ bows - 120
40 Night Goblins w/ Spears - 240
1 Night Goblin Warboss w/ a Moon-slicer - 80
4 Goblin Fanatics - 120
10 Grot Wolf Riders with Pokin' Spears - 200
2 Doom Diver Catapults - 240

1000/1000

They're super strong, tough as nails, immortal humans. They lose a bit of themselves and their humanity every time they are killed and reforged.

My only actual complaints about the game right now are:

>Several armies are hurt heavily by rules of one (like tzeentch demons) and it's biased towards the newer armies with 6+ free spells.

>"point and click" mortal wounds with no player interaction. Think gunlines are bad in 40k? at least most of the times you can shoot back there and use combat and mobility to get around artillery, but not so much in AoS. Biggest offenders are the hellcannon, flame cannon, magma cannon, warp lightning cannon, and to an extent empire/dwarf cannons.

>teleports, mobility is so lacking for some armies that having the ability to deepstrike anywhere (sometimes just outside 3) is insane. Most armies in 40k can deepstrike but only 1 or 2 can in sigmar. This applies to taking out key targets and capturing objectives.

1 lot of 6 Ironguts or 2 lots of 3 at 2500?

So to start a discussion and hopefully turn away from all the bargain box madness taking over the thread; How has the global campaign for the individuals on /Aosg/ been?

I know that Order has such a huge advantage in terms of releases and support, but what stories, if any have you built for your armies? Were there any memorable battles you've fought in?

you probably want like 12 squads of ironguts at 2500 points

I have 4 groups of 6 Ogors, 2x 3 Leadbelchers, A Tyrant, A Gargant and the Ironguts.

>memorable battles
nah I just play my same fights

I did buy some stuff because of the campaign though

I hope you don't run into any powergamers

managed to get teclis set up in a dreadstone blight during first season of war match. that was entertaining as fuck.

relevant details:
dreadstone blight improves arcane bolt when cast nearby, in addition to normal effects: 7+ casting does D6 mortal, 9+ does 6 flat. and the piece gives mages in 3" +1 casting result
teclis adds 2 to his casting rolls by default, and doubles range of spells if he beats casting value by 3 or more

end result: roll a 6+, instant 36" 6 mortal wounds wizard cannon. it was a bit busted, but did help put down 2 bastilodons so I can't complain too much.

I think we must have started arguing against one poster and ended up arguing at each other.

so Free People cities exist in many of the different realms?

AS of now, yes. The Free People are building colonies and settlements in the liberated parts of the Mortal Realms. The best examples are the three cities in Ghyran.

So decided to spruce up a realm gate and make it more skavenish. HOW'S IT LOOK?

Not done. Still a WiP

Yeah. I mean, we don't know much about them right now, but we know they exist and they are pretty much in ever realm.

we're just coming out of a Chaos ruled age, most of those non-Chaos left are freed slaves and those civilisations that managed to hold against Chaos.

There's also

Ones from Azyrheim (Sigmar's City) making cities and settlements in the freed areas.

Pic related.

Mockup for my Chaos dwarf mecha bull centar conversion. Obviously going to be covering up all of the sensors, replacing most of the hammer with hex rod to match the rest of the chaos dwarf's weapons, and replacing the wire with steam pipe-style tubing and adding the smokestacks from the forgefiend. Any thoughts on modelling and/or what to count it as rules wise? I was thinking a slaughterbrute could work well for it, or a skullcracker. Modelling-wise my main concern is how to do the body, since the forgefiend body is more insect-like and its tail isn't very animal-like.

this looks terrible senpai

why have they released more orcs when they still havent brought out elves yet

Let's be constructive, what's terrible about it?

Aelfs come after. It's story-related, user.

when we get to the realm of Light and Shadows and telling us what's up with Slaanesh, then there shall be Aelfs.

so settlement and colonizing game mechanic when????

fuck the story i want to see if the elves are worth collecting or not

Not this stupid picture again. Every fucking thread.

i think its cool

Look at the Silver Tower Aelfs. There's a taste.

>- Because it never uses the word "summon," nor any variant thereof. It just says "set up."

I can't find the picture again but if i remember correctly in the actual wording of the summoning restrictions it never actually mentions the word 'summoning' either but "that let you set up a new unit" or something similar. So your own argument points to Roused to Wrath being limited by the GHs summoning restriciotn.

Hopefully they'll clarify what is and isn't summoning in the FAQ that comes with the GH.

Thanks user! That settles that.

ah fuck off why are they so blatantly dark elf inspired

it looks like a 40k model

Because they're probably both from the Realm of Shadow.

There's also probably going to be plenty of ones from the Realm of Light.

Both Realms are run by what used to be Elves in the old world.

Because the time for bright looking high elves is over and eldar sell more

Because half of the new elves will be living in the realm of shadows and the other one in the realm of light. Since the shadow ones will come first they put them in the Silver Tower.

Teclis and Tyrion for Light, Morathi and Malekith now called Malerion for Shadow.

>Because they're probably both from the Realm of Shadow.
Not just probably. The fluff for both states they're from Uglu.