In what do I run high-flying action-adventure?

I was reminded recently that Conan the Barbarian regularly fought shoggoths and cultists of the Old Ones and looted the temples of same. And now I want to run a game of this genre-defying sort. I want to throw in space princesses, angels with machineguns, time-traveling robot police, sword and planet, brains in vats, pic relateds, and whatever else sounds fun without having to worry too much about monster ecology, load capacity or rules lawyers.

So I figure I'm looking for a relatively rules-light system (albeit not to the Lasers&Feelings level, since I want more PC differentiation available) that's setting-agnostic and supports a wide variety of archetypes and shticks. Suggestions?

inb4s:
>A voodoo curse on the dick of anyone who suggests starfinder.
>A ton of books on the head of anyone who suggests gurps.

Have you tried S.T.U.R.P.S.?

How about Gurfinder?

You're basically asking for FATE if FATE was a good system

>I was reminded recently that Conan the Barbarian regularly fought shoggoths and cultists of the Old Ones and looted the temples of same. And now I want to run a game of this genre-defying sort.
>genre-defying
Nothing in that sentence was genre defying, you mouthbreathing retard.

Dungeons the Dragoning?

Alternatively, although it's a bit more of a stretch, I've done stuff sorta like this in Legends of the Wulin.

While the book is tied heavily to its Wuxia-theming, the combat system is absolutely fantastic (once you get past the godawful editing), and between Kung-fu and Secret Arts you can represent almost any set of capabilities as a fully functional combat style.

I'm in games currently where ghostly dryads, cyborg-hackers, an undercover cop in power armour and a demonically possessed mercenary are all working together, having fought pirates, undead mechs and recently foiled the plot of an evil mind controlling psychiatrist.

LotW isn't a system for everyone, and it's likely more of a stretch than most to make work, but it works amazingly for anything action oriented, and while it isn't for everyone the people who get into it tend to love it.

Have you requested a voodoo curse on your head and a ton of books on your dick?

OK. Are there any good systems like FATE?

It wasn't THEN. It is now, when the sci-fi is carefully partitioned off from the fantasy, both of them split from the paranormal romance, and horror is pushed into a ghetto shelf by itself and codified as "protagonists go mad in horror at the enormity of the universe" instead of stabbing shit.
Or maybe I just live in a place with shitty bookstores.
Point is, I want to run a game where this is the new old normal.

Savage Rifts:

Thanks!

>It wasn't THEN.
And it still isn't. You are still expected to slay unthinkable horrors and the priests of ancient, unknowable gods in Sword&Sorcery today.

Yeah, reeeeeal unthinkable and unknowable shit that comes in a book with stats for thirty of them.

OP do you have a larger version of the image

Sadly, no.

GURPS has plenty of it, as cinematic or realistic-autistic as you want.

How about Spirit of the Century?

You are an idiot and all of that is elfgame low fantasy.

Run D&D 5e and go away.

For fear of the consequences I won't suggest GURPS, though I will say it's what I'd use. Either way, Mutants and Masterminds might work for you.

Everything I've heard about LotW made me think it was retarded.

There's stats for Cthulhu too. Everything has stats these days, so the PCs can kill them and take their stuff. I'm amazed the faggots at WotC haven't statted out the Lady of Pain, though that would require them to give a shit about something other than Forgotten Realms.

Feng Shui? Not exactly setting agnostic, but there's tons of archetypes and the setting is 'time travel shenanigans', so you can do pretty much whatever with the rules provided.

RISUS.

You lil' bitch.

Savage Worlds.

Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k.

Can you expand on that?

GURPS/Savage World/FATE aside, how about Barbarians of Lemuria?

In a setting like that, a fine elven bow is just another man's blaster canon, so I doubt the fact that the system is technically designed for literal barbarians will be much of an issue.

I'm surprised to learn from this thread that Dungeons: the Dragoning 40 000 is a serious thing and not just a meme.

The sword and sorcery genre is all about sorecerors, cults and unknowable entities they serve.

Face it, youre just wrong.