18th century RPGs

>existed too late to be able to really invoke Age of Sail tropes
>existed too early to be able to really invoke steampunk/Victorian tropes

Any love for the 18th century in RPGs?

Other urls found in this thread:

burningwheel.com/?p=812
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigga, 1700s are prime pirate real estate time.

Yet everyone's always all about the 16th and 17th centuries because muh Caribbean.

Where has people's sense of style gone?

Mass market production is cheaper, fashion trends follow the markets.

How retarded are you?
It's a thing on it's own. Shitload of global-spanning wars. Pretty much everyone still somewhat balanced in power, so you can easily have a situation where major European power gets rolf-stomped by natives, who are onlyu a little behind in technology at this point. High-tier politics and a lot of court intrigues. Reformists clashing with reactionaries all over the place. Religion still matters, but realpolitik matters more. Exploration actually kicks in, because instead of just mapping shores, Euros start getting inland to see what's going on. Entire planet is in volatile state, where every step can make or break you, because there is no clear superpower that really dictates what's going on...

And you are retarded enough to question the sense of such setting, because you literally can't think? Get back to fucking history textbooks, you stupid cunt.

The Golden Age of Piracy lasted through the 1750s you retard

>existed too late to be able to really invoke Age of Sail tropes

The Age of Sail goes from c.1500-c.1850, up until steam took over.

>So here is my uniformed opinion
>Surely Veeky Forums will understand

Yes, we understand - you are stupid, uneducated fuck

>he doesn't wanna be a slave trader running the blockades

What happened to your sense of edge?

It's pretty clear that op wants there to be games about the period, but doesn't know any. Read the post before losing your shit.

>uniformed opinion

I always fall for an opinion in uniform.

>2016
>Confusing rulebooks with sourcebooks

Sourcebooks other than GURPS? And even that system frankly had a rather few, unless you include some of the 3e Alternate Earths.

They just look so god damn good.

Funny thing is only a small part of the golden age is before the 18th.

It's the Caribbean, men. Those fucking islands.

>The 18th century
>An age where birth means nothing
>An age where everyone can become whatever he wants to be
>Even a literal murderhobo
I can't see this going wrong at all

>2 years in the last decade of the 18th century, only in France.

Woh, the 18th was shit.

Are you saying you DON'T want the PCs to run a revolutionary republic and then completely fuck it up to levels unforeseen? Because I want to see how retarded the PCs can get.

>"Your majesty, the enemy has crossed our borders and is heading for the capital. I recommend that we send out the national guard t-"
>"LET THEM COME! I WANT TO KILL THEM ALL WITH MY SWORD"
>"B-but!"
>"WITH MY SWORD"

>Now the PC have an excuse to act retarded and to be murderhobbo.
Best RP period Ever.

>"Worth it" Robespierre, 1793

Luke Crane made an OSR game about playing murderhobos right after the French Revolution. I don't recall what it was called, but look it up.

burningwheel.com/?p=812

I heard you were talking shit about Mr. Uncorruptible.

There's also Khaos 1795, a rpg where the Supreme Being is in fact an elder god and reality is tearing above Paris, with revolutionaries acting as resistance fighters against the first french empire. It was pretty fun.

Why are you so angry, bro?

Not him but there's a level of ignorance of, for instance, a whole century that falls between "hurr pirats" and cogfop that gets your blood boiling.

t. Götterdämmerung player

>Götterdämmerung

Do you have an English version of that? All I can find is that it's some kind of 18th century occult secret society game with bitching art.

Sorry, not that I know of. It's sadly not as popular as Riotmind's Drakar och Demoner.
Unfortunately swedish RPGs are rarely published as PDFs and swedish roleplayers are loath to crack their books to scan them so there's nothing to share even in its native tongue.

>implying Enlightenment Era - Napoleonic Wars isn't literally the perfect setting for RPGs

also character art threads would be 100% improved

>Napoleonic wars

That's 19th century, bro. It's a sweet timeframe, but there are games set then.

Thirty Years War is the absolute best time for adventure.

>with revolutionaries acting as resistance fighters against the first french empire.
0/10
Triggered
Wrote a pamphlet about it
Formally requested your excommunication with the pope
Called the emperor

>tfw the Battle starts at 18:15 and it's already 18:20

>tfw your entire battalion was formed up in column, except Pierre who was in line at Starbucks talking about how an army marches on their overpriced lattes or some shit

Yeah fair enough, basically I'm just a huge fan of anything about history between the late 1700's - early 1800's and tend to think of it as it's own "period".

Historically that makes sense, there's just no real games set during the 1700s. Maybe an American Revolution game or two, but nothing substantial until you get in Napoleonic wargaming.

>there's just no real games set during the 1700s

Look up Colonial Gothic.

Set in 18th century colonial US but easily transportable to any other part of the globe. Central idea is colonials dealing with supernatural threats, but the system is good enough that it is easy enough to remove the supernatural elements and play it straight.