Future Naruto Quest VII Mk. II

Future Naruto Quest

This quest is set within the universe of Naruto, long after the end of the series, but ignoring the events of the Boruto Manga. Of course, because this is Naruto we're talking about, the geopolitics and technology haven't advanced as quickly as they would in the real world. As such, the technology is similar to that of Boruto the Movie, and the villages you know and love are largely the same.

However, the characters will be less familiar, because as much time has passed between the Last and now as passed between the Founding of the Hidden Villages and the Main Series.

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Future Naruto Quest

Twitter: twitter.com/No_CountryQM

Last Quest, you boarded the Five Nations Express in Iwa and were cut off by a very sleepy QM. This Quest, you continue your journey into the Land of Wind, and pick up at a rather awkward dinner.

>awkward dinner
The only cure is obviously puns

I don't see the issue.

Heard you prefer puns over Waifus. You're a monster.

You decide that honey attracts more flies than vinegar after all, and greet the two Mist ninja nicely. The Uchiha replies in kind, though quietly, and the Uzumaki greets you in a cold way. Tenburo actually comes to your defense, trying to get his teammates greet you more nicely. Despite his efforts, you get no more than the initial cold shoulders, though you're fine with that. The dinner of braised fish and leeks comes to your table pretty quickly, thereby stopping keeping the awkward silence pretty short. Hakurin and Tenburo seem to strike up a conversation, though you, Jimmaru, Kaya, and Jensho all remain largely silent.

"Your genjutsu work was impressive. No hard feelings. This... IS fish I'm eating, right? You know you're a real knockout come on, say something, you're really hamstringing the mood" You direct at the Uchiha girl across from you, she just gives you a look of confusion and what may be veiled disgust, though Jimmaru is cracking up next to you. Tenburo and Hakurin are still talking about god-knows-what, and Jensho hasn't said a word.

>A) Keep targeting Kaya (60)

>B) Break the ice with Jensho (55)

>C) Join in on Hakurin and Tenburo's discussion

>D) Something else

This is X-com, only 40% chance at missing. Lets take the shot.

Give me puns or give me death.

Roll 1d100's include how you want to keep at it if you want.

When you got me with that sharingan I was really seeing red

Rolled 50 (1d100)

>Puns.

Three attempts, I really need to clarify that.

Rolled 3 (1d100)

I'm trying to make puns but the pressure is too much!

Hold out for a hero with a third roll!

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Looks like we're aching for some punishment

Rolled 42 (1d100)

"Look, the awkward silence was killing me. Either meet me halfway or tell me to shut up, but you can't just sit there silently forever."

You people have rolled something like six 99's in this quest, and yet outside of combat you're a complete spaghetti factory.
>Writing

Clearly we only gain friends through kicking the shit outta them.

I'm actually kind of sick of it.

That's it, we're officially three for three at pissing people off with bad puns. We aren't even the one with the head injury. I just know we're going to be involved in some sort of diplomatic incident and cause a world-war by telling bad jokes.

Maybe it's time we gave up on the whole "talking" thing and became the strong, silent type. Honestly, we would have done better so far by just staring at people, totally silent, never blinking.

Staring pisses me off more then puns. But I'm not a ninja so..dunno

You decide to keep at it with the girl sitting across from you, after all, you're Kuro Nijiiroh! You beat an ANBU Black-Ops member, you beat a Hyuga in a fist fight! So why does it feel like your feet are buried in six inches of pasta? You say something to her about telling you to shut up, and her inability to just sit there quietly glaring at you. You're clearly making any headway with Kaya, but it seems like your uncanny anti-charms are working on Jensho. Her redheaded teammate has joined Jensho in laughing at your expense, and is elbowing Kaya in the ribs, asking how she can be so stoic in the face of such charismatic failure.

You decide that maybe you should let the meal take it's course, and you all quiet down for a while, until dessert arrives. You spend that time thinking about how you're turning into your sister. This thought scares, you and you absolutely don't want to be "not popular through no fault of your own". Maybe it's been long enough for them to have forgiven your faux pas, maybe not.

>A) Just stay quiet

>B) Talk to Kaya (What do you say?)

>C) Talk to Jensho (What do you say?)

>D) Talk to Jimmaru (What do you say?)

>E) Talk to Tenburo (What do you say?)

>F) Talk to Hakurin (What do you say?)

>G) Something else

OH GOD
The horrible puns, the bad rapping, contemplating giving up on social interaction completely...
WE'RE BECOMING OUR SISTER!
IT'S GENETIC!

>C) Talk to Jensho (I see you enjoy Corny waves of talking. Is your friend always this stoic and muted?)

I mean.. we end up in the same place our sister is. So atleast... we make money?

>G) Leave the table
Fuck this entire exercise.

>>B) Talk to Kaya (What do you say?)
>I know I've been putting my foot in my mouth but honestly I was impresed by your skills, how long have you been working on that one?

>>G) Excuse ourselves and book it
Time to fade into the distance before we implode from the awkwardness or get punched int he face again.

Leaving the table to avoid being punched in the face. Too bad this leads to the possibility of being punched in the face, unlike staying at the table.
>Writing

>C) Talk to Jensho (What do you say?)

Seconding this

>Try to run from problem
>Make escape attempt roll
>fail
Holy fucking shit, what is happening. We still have a few more days on this train too.

If this is to change your vote to B, then it's tied G-B.

>Still got a few days on this train
>a few days
>days
Someone's going to try to murder us, the only question is who will snap first.

>A) Talk to Kaya (I know I've been putting my foot in my mouth but honestly I was impresed by your skills, how long have you been working on that one?)

>B) Leave

>>A) Talk to Kaya (I know I've been putting my foot in my mouth but honestly I was impresed by your skills, how long have you been working on that one?)

>B) Leave

>B) Leave

>A) Talk to Kaya (I know I've been putting my foot in my mouth but honestly I was impressed by your skills, how long have you been working on that one?)

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Alright, five minutes is up, rolling a 1d2 to decide which you do.

The dice gods will more Puns. I love this quest.

>A wins
>Writing

There were no puns in that post, it was just a mediocre write-in dialogue.

Then think of a better write in. I'm hoping a fucking pun or two get slipped in or something.

You decide that you want to try and salvage this conversation, you won't be Shirou, you won't be the kind of person to leave their sibling on the bathroom floor or ruin their first mission. But first, you need to decide what to say. You look at the girl across the table from you, "I know I've been putting my foot in my mouth but honestly I was impressed by your skills, how long have you been working on your genjutsu?" you say to her, hoping that the Mist genin aren't going to punch you in the nose for a perceived slight.

It appears that she likes talking about genjutsu, and begins talking about the training and development of genjutsu with a dojutsu, especially the sharingan. You're glad that you seem to have overcome your earlier social ineptitude, and are making inroads with the Mist team. After the short conversation over dessert, the other team excuses themselves, leaving your team alone.

>A) Go back to your rooms (skips to the next day)

>B) Talk to one or both of them (Who? What?)

>C) Find someone else (Who?)

>D) Something else

End this hell and start the next one.

>D) Something else

There any way we can do some cool train specific training? If not run through exercises ourselves

>>B) Talk to both of them
>Well that went well

I'm at my pun limit, every time I try to think of one my brain starts burning.

Someone get murdered already or this is going to be one long as hell train ride.

>Ib4 assassin in the bedroom.

Going back to your room for ______ on the Iwa express.
>Writing

You decide that you're going to bed, end the fresh hell that's been today despite the seemingly high note that it ended on. On your team's way back to the sleeper car you're staying in, Hakurin bumps into someone you guess is from the Hidden Sand, based on their clothing. Despite her apologizes, the ninja reprimands her harshly in a raspy voice. The Suna-nin heads off in the opposite direction from your team.

Looking outside the train, you realize that the inky blackness means you're in the famous tunnel running under the mountain range between the Land of Wind and the Land of Earth. You wake up early the next morning to your sensei poking you in the face repeatedly. You wonder if this is some kind of bizarre dream, but she keeps repeating your name and telling you to get up.

>A) Five more minutes....

>B) Get up

>C) Say something to sensei (What?)

>D) Something else

>B) Get up

>B) Get up
Don't want to be late to the pizza party!

>B) Get up

>C) Say something to sensei (What?)
Something nonsensical that could be misconstrued as lewd.

this

Roll to wake up! 1d20!

Rolled 9 (1d20)

W..what the fuck happens if we fail this?

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

You woke up!
>Writing.
Sensei would drag you out of bed and you'd be groggy for the meeting.

Everyone thinks we're actually dead and spend the whole day searching for our killer.

>We gotta keep trying to wake up
>Trains on fire for the murder
>Other ninja teams are helping
>Ninja world war sparks between land of Windand Earth for assassination.

>finally wake up
>find the murderer, save the day
>everything is perfect
>still asleep
>wake up
>do everything again
>also a dream
>sleep for the whole trip back
>keep sleeping when we get home
>in a coma for 3 years
>wake up in new-neo-konoha hospital
>fight in the alien wars
>wake up
>that was also a dream
>It's yesterday
>using our knowledge of the future we successfully rap battle V into submission, form a life-long friendship witht he Mist sensei through aquatic puns, and win the heard of the Uchiha girl
>also a dream
>wake up back in our sister's bathroom

>Wake up final time
>Its at the funeral.
>Sis actually killed us
>Become Zombie Ninja
>Have to flee
>Build a zombie ninja village
>but with future shit.

Someone's salty about doing well in combat and then having the QM go 'Nah, fuck that, it was a genjutsu.'

Then again, I'm salty too.

You roll over and out of bed, following Hōōmaru-sensei out into the hallway, joining your teammates and sensei. You realize that it's probably only five-thirty or so, and everyone is in their pajamas. You're in a pair of loose pants, Jimmaru is in a t-shirt and boxer shorts, and is holding... something. Hakurin is in a matching green top and pants covered in little Hyuga symbols, you wonder if the Hyuga clan has some kind of gift shop where you get things like that. Hōōmaru-sensei is the only one actually dressed.

You realize why she dragged you out of bed when you head to one of the passengers, and see the other genin teams in a similar state of disarray, though Nemui is notably missing. Each genin team and their sensei are standing, facing a man in a mask. You figure he's an ANBU from Suna, given that his mask is humanoid, some kind of grinning demon. Jimmaru asks sensei if there are any Iwa-nin on the train, and she just shakes her head and shushes him.

The Sand ANBU gives the teams instructions to sweep the train, assigning the Mist team to the first third, the Cloud team to the middle third, and your team to the last third. He says you're looking for an unidentified ninja, possible dressed in a Sand uniform, as well as the missing Cloud genin, describing Nemui. He dismisses you to your missions and says he'll be in the engine car if he's needed.

>A) Get right to the mission

>B) Gear up and get to the mission

>C) Something else

>>B) Gear up and get to the mission

>C) Do a quickie with Hikaru while you're both 'Searching' the bathroom.

The hell is Hikaru?

>C) Speak to sensei
"So we're meant to sweep the entire train except the engine car, and look for a ninja who may be dressed as a Sand ninja, but who isn't the one that's also in the engine car."

"Does that not sit right with anyone else?"

>A) Get right to the mission
Fuck it, naked snake time. I'm sure we can find SOMETHING to use as a weapon if a fight breaks out.

Getting straight to the mission.
>Writing

You decide that you should gear up and get right to the mission, so you waste no time going back to your room and dressing for the mission as well as gearing up. You emerge from your room about the same time as Hakurin, Jimmaru coming out a few minutes later. None of you have very many weapons or too much gear, considering your previous mission. While searching another sleeper car you get a suspicious feeling, this whole situation is just too weird...

>A) Bring up your inklings to sensei

>B) Ask Hakurin where she got those pajamas, and if they make them for boys

>C) Stay keep searching

>D) Something else

and to the teammates as well, get their thoughts on this

Telling sensei, I'll update in a few minutes, still here, but I'm just rustling up some dinner.

Fried me up some watermelon.
>Writing

Guess I'm late, but personally I think we've really had our eyes on those pajamas since they're in the same vein as our usual style. I could definitely see us wearing them, we'd really be out of sight!

Never thought to do that.
Sounds pretty great though.

You decide that you want to bring up how shady and sketchy this situations with the rest of your team. You pull Hakurin aside and wave Hōōmaru-sensei and Jimmaru over. You comment on how odd this situation is and your teammates agree with you. Hakurin is especially suspicious, considering that you're supposed to search all but one car, and you didn't see either of the alleged Sand ninjas' faces. Hōōmaru-sensei tells you to just keep it quiet and keep searching. You notice that she's being unusually stern, and think that you want your sensei back...

Shaking that idea out of your head you keep searching alongside Hakurin, quietly discussing what's wrong with the whole situation. Using her Byakugan, you're able to search the cars just with a cursory glance. Your team's search takes close to half an hour, and you meet back up to head to the middle section of the train. You head there to meet up with an help the Cloud team if they need it.

When you reach that part of the train, it's darkened and silent.

>A) Go through nonchalantly

>B) Call out to the one of the Cloud Ninja (Which one?)

>C) Something else

>A

You head through that section nonchalantly, until you reach the dining car where you hear a feminine voice hiss at you from behind the bar, "Psst, get out of the open! I'm staking this out!" You decide to join her behind the bar. You wave your team on, and after bit, you wonder why you've been sitting in this position for half an hour, nothing's happening...

>A) What are we doing

>B) Continue the stakeout

>C) Something else

>B) Continue the stakeout

>Writing
Sorry if the thread's a bit off or something, just an off day for me I suppose.

My question is where the fuck did everybody just go?

Well, I just got back from dinner

My question is who the hell whispered to us.

naaaaaaaaaps

Who the hell did we just crouch next to?
>Inb4 bs murderer fight happens
>Inb4 it turns out we have some light novel bloodline like that one dojutsu that's all about blood, iron and magnetic fields explaining how we can keep up with all the things 90% of the time.

You stay with Chuui behind the counter, for almost another hour. You suppose the civilians aren't allowed out of their rooms because of the current situation. But Just waiting in the darkened car seems a bit odd. After another fifteen minutes of waiting, you feel the train shudder a bit and then continue on its way. Every time you try to do anything Chuui just shushes you or pulls you back behind the bar. It's around this time that you feel a very annoyed, very blue presence on the other side of the counter.

Hōōmaru-sensei stares you in the face with quite the annoyed expression when you stand to face her. After a good five-minute grilling of asking where you were, you wheel on the Cloud kunoichi, and ask her what the hell all this was about. "It was too dangerous out there, L-sensei told me to hold the rear." Your palm is going to leave a noticeable mark where it hit your forehead.

You ask Hōōmaru-sensei for a rundown of what happened. She tells you that the Mist team had cornered the unknown assailant, and with your teams help and the help of L and V, the assailant was forced off the train, unfortunately, this leaves his identity a mystery. Luckily Nemui was rescued and is fine, but the Sand ANBU is in critical shape. You know you won't live down missing this fight.

>A) Try to make it up to your team in any way possible

>B) Apologize to sensei so much she'll never want to hear sorry again

>C) Go to your room, maybe you'll avoid embarrassment if you never leave (Shirou would be proud)

>D) Berate Chuui

>E) Something else

>A
>B
Commit sudoku

TN: Chuui means caution

>C) Go to your room, maybe you'll avoid embarrassment if you never leave (Shirou would be proud)
>Retire and become a cook.

>B) Apologize to sensei so much she'll never want to hear sorry again
Tear up a bit so she feels awkward/bad for us

C! No brakes on the socially stunted prodigy shutin train!

The reason the thread's so slow is that nothing's happening but cringe. I can only speak for myself, but it's nearly killed my interest in the quest.