Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gharial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ok

Yeah, I'm good with this.

Are tiny crocodiles the future?

What year will they become pet sized?

I've always admired that guy

For standing around like a lemon next to terrifyingly large animals, many of which do not exist in the real world?

All is right with this thread.

Those are some big scalepuppers. I can't wait to pet them.

I wish we had giant animals again. It feels like we got gyped, all the ancient animals were so much cooler.

You can thank Ayy Lmaos for that

Ancient Astronaut theorists suggest that the mass extinction event of the Dinosaurs was preordained; they did this to allow a sapient species to thrive without twenty foot tall creatures crashing through their houses every day.

>2016, year of the dwarf caiman

I just read an article on them. They're still too big to keep at 5 feet in length.

Also, poo in loos have a crazy species of crocodilian. It's virtually extinct, but still.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gharial

It's true that our terrrestrial fauna is lacking in giant animals, but at least we have the largest known animal of all time today.

The Walmartian?

Top jej

Blame humans.

Maybe not for the lack of giant crocodiles, but for the lack of a lot of other things.

Australia especially, the death of all the really interesting megafauna there perfectly syncs up with the arrival of man.

Oh yeah, I've heard of those. Why are they almost extinct? Pooloosion killing them all?

(((Medicine))) I think, but you know the drill. Encroachment on habitats and handbag sales. They're incapable of killing a human anyway so it seems really unfair.

Is... is this a new meme?
This should be a new meme

Nigga big shit is useful

is what a new meme? jej? no, its years old...

>jej
>a new meme
Paramount Zozzle

I for one am thankful for the abos killing the giant carnivorous 'roos and lizards. I'm already dealing with enough big shit (read: spiders) on my way to work.

There's like seven Sauropods which are longer than it but yeah it is heavier by a considerable margin. Supposedly the heaviest we ever caught weighed 220 tons in total. Which makes it five tons lighter than the statue of liberty.

>Gharials
>Know what these fuckers are by killing hundreds of them in Civ IV making navigating unclaimed territory a pain
>Near extinct IRL

Well dang, I didn't expect feels to be copped.

Pretty sure there's a ton of extinct species of tiny crocs. They used to be much more diverse, including species that were arboreal ambush hunters and several herbivorous species

>Australia especially, the death of all the really interesting megafauna there perfectly syncs up with the arrival of man.

>Abbos
>Human
>Implying

Sick dubs don't lie.

I don't believe there ever were Drop-Crocs.

That shit is just to australian to have ever existed.

We're the ones that killed them all. Why are there no Mammoths, no Ground Sloths, no Moa and no Woolly anythings? We killed all the giant animals. Mankind got rid of them first.

Who's "we"? I didn't do shit.

Mammoths died because of global warming and degeneration, m8

Welcome to Australia, where even the stuff that isn't trying to kill you is trying to kill you.

>humans did nothing wrong
Our tool use+endurance+fire was the deadliest combination in any predator ever. Global warming played a part in reducing the ranges of many of these animals, but humans finished them off. The ones still around today were the ones that learned to fear us. If there were no humans, all of these animals would still be around, even mammoths

>even mammoths
m8
Mammoths lost their prime grazing land when the ice age ended.
Are you going to blame the rise of temperatures tens of thousands years ago on men?

Not exactly drop-crocs and there's no certainty but Trilophosuchus and Mekosuchus inexpectatus are suspected of being arboreal.
Then again, Mekosuchus is reported to also have jaws for munching on clams despite being most likely non-aquatic otherwise

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

And you'd still be a faggot.

F-fuck. Mad Max was a documantary.