/whf/ Warhammer Fantasy General - Brets Are Back Edition

Last thread →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Thread Topic- WFRP hirelings. Are there any tables/rules for hiring people in WFRP (preferably 2e, but I can adapt)? Want to run a Border Princes campaign, but I don't know the cost of hirelings, from porters and cart-drivers to hiring mercenaries to work for the party. There must be some somewhere, it's a huge oversight otherwise in a game that's theoretically dovetails with the wargame.

Also, Endhammer peeps. I don't know how Pastebin works. But y'all seem to hate the Endhammer Talk page for its disorganization. Is there anything better? Also, Elf Straw Polls begin tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8
youtube.com/watch?v=FMWCnma-zGU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caslon_Antique
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also need someone to help me edit this fucking map to accurately reflect what's going on with Endhammer fanon.

>always liked Warhammer setting
>was too normie to get into tabletop games
>finally decided to say fuck my friends and grills and buy some miniatures
>game is ded
I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

>just bought warhammer quest spodergabluns and chaos familiars plus painting supplies at discount from various places for other games
I guess fun only counts when signed by incompetent designers

Don't lose hope, dude. You might still find a few players.

I've got a half-built Bretonnian army I got second hand that I'm still putting together. It's small, but at least I'll have it and the hope of playing someone.

Brets are the best

Second Ottilian Reich when?

>group of friends played both WHFB and 40k on and off for the last 10-15 years
>ratio of sessions had been 90/10 in favor of 40k ever since like 2013
>GW finally stop being indecisive shits about what to do and fuck everything up
>from the ashes, T9A rises
>sessions are now 50/50 between T9A and 40k and have been for months
>everyone are super excited and are focusing more on buying and painting WHFB models than ever before

Don't lose hope, brother. Just look at the Epic and Mordheim communities to realize that great games never die.

Wolf Emperor Heinrich Todbringer vs. Reiklander-in-Averheim Luitpold II von Holswig-Schliestein with Vladdy boy and Gelt in the mix.

I'm finding myself discouraged about continuing to like them, since they seem to have a lot of flaws, and an Averland army seems more and more appealing.

But I'll always remember my first trial game of WFB at the gamestore a few years back, where my knights smashed into a bunch of daemonettes. And my Men-At-Arms didn't even get a hit in before losing three men and running, of course.

Flaws?! How could a Bretonnian army have flaws.

>find a flaw

Who are you and why are you so cool?

>they seem to have a lot of flaws
that's why they're so interesting

I miss the lance/arrowhead formations, though. Triangles in a square game were fun.

>mfw putting together a T9A Slaanesh army
>Mix of Diaz Daemonettes, modern GW Daemonettes, Raging Heroes Daemonettes, and some kitbashing of Reaper male barbarians with leftover 'nette hands, and some lewd Mierce minis

Ignore filename.

I really loved all of it until the Tigors/Baghors. I know it's Beastman naming, but it sounds so silly!

>so i herd u like tigers

You know, lack of mercenary support, no heug things so you have to hope you can jump really high to defeat a giant, infantry so crappy it's almost debatable if you should even take them...

Sword's not bling enough/10

It's a cool thing to do, especially in that it gives Beastmen a bit of a civilization, but it'd be fun to fluff out some small kingdoms still under Ind control. There's got to be something to act as a basis for that historically, right?

Do you think it'd be too on the nose to make Raj Bagha a tiger with a limp?

What sort of help do you need?

>infantry so crappy it's almost debatable if you should even take them...
flaming longbows are always good

You're making him Tamurlane or Shere Khan? I'd agree, except a Beastman warlord is physically challenged for rulership of the herd.

And on the infantry... don't hate on massed bowmen with stakes.

The "Empire of Clockwork" has been less talked about. I think that Gelt's influence should be limited to a semi-neutral Wissenland/Nuln. Luitpold's realm (supported by Huss, not Volkmar -- Volky's dead and Huss is the new Grand Theogonist) should go from Reikland down into Averland/Stirland. Altdorf might be ruined, but he still technically controls the territory while ruling from Averheim.

The Empire of the Wolf (Heinrich Todbringer's peeps) is supported by the Ar-Ulric, not 'all the knightly orders,' but its location is correct.

Talabecland and the "Errant Hetmans" can remain in shadow what with that mostly being destroyed.

Sorry - I always think of infantry as being separate from missile troops. I can't hate on the peasant bowmen, especially since staying out of range avoids most Bret peasant weaknesses.

I was going for literally Timur the Lame sort of idea, yeah. It'd be badass if he was still in charge of the herd anyway.

Where does this animation come from?
I've been looking for the source in vain for years.

1) Trebuchet the shit out of them user.

2) Use old Bretonnian rules. You get dismounted foot knights and polearms. Basically everything 14th century france and england had.

BTW speaking of old Bretonnia, does anybody have any old Bretonnian art? I need art.

Shere Khan (of Jungle Book fame) is actually a weak, snivelling tiger with a limp who somehow rules over and scares the animals of the jungle anyway, so I was wondering if you might be referencing that.

It'd be badass, sure. The only way I could think of it working is if the other predators were fiercely loyal for some reason and thus backed him up in any leadership contests.

But we are already getting enough flack from other Endhammer peeps for making ANY civilization too Un-Beastman-y.

The Tragedy Of Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8

One of those animated movies everyone forgets. Pardon the out of date list.

Him having a limp and still being badass enough to deal with it is an entertaining idea. I didn't create Raj Bagha myself, just tried to expand up on what was already written on the 1d4chan page, so anything is up for debate about him for sure.

I figure that Raj Bagha was based on Shere Khan to begin with, their names being very similar: "Bagha" and "Shere" both translate to "tiger", more or less.

What has been written is an attempt at justifying the Kingdom of Beasts from both an outside perspective though the philosophy of Bagha himself. His Beastmen still live lives of lunatic debauchery and violence, it's just that now they have a slight sense of organization about it and dwell in the great ruins of Indish civilization. Replace the monkeys with goats and tigers: youtube.com/watch?v=FMWCnma-zGU

Besides, I'm certain that the more traditional warherds take exception to such a kingdom, and wouldn't spare it from attack. The Raj can use this to his advantage, too.

When writing it all up I actually considered adding fun little details like Bagha forbidding the use of the Lore of Fire, or him conscripting human children into a special warrior-servant force known as the "Mancubs" to see if he can train the weakness out of civilized man by returning them to animalistic tendencies without the need for mutation.

Fantastic, thanks.
I think I have seen a small part of this, but the animation styles are so different I didn't recognise it at all.

I imagine that Raj Bagha's lodgings are a good deal more civilized than King Louis's though. After all, he's setting up trade with far-flung cities and enslaving humans.

>Speaking of enslaving humans
You're gonna get accused of more fur faggotry because everyone's immediately gonna go to sex-slaves. But wasn't that an old theory of Beastman reproduction, anyway? In addition to mutants, Bestigors going into town and reaving/raping.

>You get dismounted foot knights and polearms
you also get crossbows, cannons and wizards

That either looks amazing because everything looks unique and daemony, or awful because the art styles of the models don't match.

>Ayodhya, City of Beasts.

>As emissary for His Excellency, the Prince of Luccini, Rodrigo Delmonte, it is my duty to meet with the rulers of foreign lands in the east. I am to look for any survivors of the cataclysm. But I cannot say that Ind has 'survived.'

The curtain wall of The Great City, as the local denizens call it, is breached in multiple locations with little sign of repair. Houses near the wall are demolished and the "inhabitants" live in squalor -- sleeping and eating in their own waste. I would say they live like animals, but at least animals shit away from their food.

It is little different than the stories one hears of black sabbaths held in the deep forests of the Empire with beastmen murdering children on stone altars. Multiple times, my 'hosts' are forced to bare teeth and claw to shoo away a horned, goat-faced abomination. Unlike the villains around me, my 'protectors' are dressed in tunics, trousers, armor.

As we make our way deeper into the city, I see signs of ramshackle repairs made to damaged buildings. Deeper still, the roads are cleared of debris (though would only compare to a Tilean slum). Finally, at the center of all this chaos, is the palace of Bagha Raj...

Golden walls covered in torn and faded tapestries. Broken chairs and musk-covered silks. I feel as if I am walking into a palace which maids have not attended in a century. And at the center, the Tiger King, himself, reclining on a couch and covered in silks, eating a leg of meat, mimicking the golden relief behind him.

But then I notice it's not a peacock's talon, but an infant's foot at the end of his meal.

Let's all post Bretonnian Art.

Sure, why not?

it's criminal that they never released more knights on foot

the 3rd and 5th edition knights are so fucking good

It always seemed like a glaring omission.

I really like that little box with the monk in it, though I don't know why.

Who do I have to kill to get a Cleansing of Mousilion campaign?

I just want to run a Jabberwocky/Monty Python and the Holy Grail themed Barony of the Damned campaign.

There's just too much material there.

Figuring something like this would be helpful for any and all Endhammer work which introduces new concepts based on the real world. y/n?

Le Sigh... What has GW done to my favorite faction (Brets)

I honestly though don't want GW to bring them back for A.o.S. They're going to turn them into some space faring, perversion of what they once were.

And god damn, have you guys seen Bretonnian prices on Ebay? They turned into gold...

Tell me about it - and there are so many Bretonnian units I don't yet have. A damsel I can probably kitbash, maybe a trebuchet, but a knight on a hippogryph or Pegasus? Grail pilgrims and a reliquae?

I like it! Though you might want to connect Garudas more clearly to Tzeentch and Naga to Slaanesh (if that's the angle you're going). I totally dig the amount of detail you've gone into citing south-asian myths for some of the Beasts.

What's the font you're using? It seems like it's exactly the Games Workshop font. And nice catch on Ravana for Raj Bagha's inspirations. You should definitely post some of this to the 1d4chan Endhammer page's gallery.

(On the Pastebin, I still have no idea how to make a Paste edit-able after creating a "New Paste").

Whence came all this concept art?

Anybody want some Not!Bretonnia medieval art or official art?

Are you fellow Bret players here, going or currently playing 9th? How is it? Is there adoption in your area for it?

I want more Bretonnia Endhammer writing. This Beastman guy is kicking fucking ass and none of the Brets are getting any love. :(

That's a motherfucking apple knight.

I saved it all from 'darkspacecollection' on tumblr, but the blog no longer seems to be around.
No idea where it came from originally.

... Somebody used a Green Knight and turned him into a random blue and gold grail knight. And I can't even find one on e-bay.

i cry evertim

Look at the copyright dates and signatures. This is probably Games Workshop concept art when they were releasing the last round of Breton models. during 6th

Y'know I can totally understand how the nobles view their peasants as subhuman.

I'm not sure myself, but I remember there being a few imgur albums a while back. I'll try and track them down a bit if I can - it wasn't just Bret art.

Yeah, they're by Dave Gallagher. I'm just not sure who scanned and uploaded them.

> What's the font you're using?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caslon_Antique

> You should definitely post some of this to the 1d4chan
I intend on it, but wanted to see if there was any quick feedback from here before I did.

> connect Garudas more clearly to Tzeentch and Naga to Slaanesh
Their caste section was getting a bit long so I didn't want to put anything more than needed as far as a summary goes. I fully intend on doing an extended write up for the two since they're unusual from the rest of the Beastmen, though, and that will include their relations to the Dark Gods.

>matchlock pistol

Heresy.

But seriously, if the Bretonnian peasants looked as crazy as that, they'd be almost justified in it. But as far as I can tell, they just look like...well, peasants. None of that crazy stuff really included, sadly.

And that, I believe, is me out.
I might be able to find a few stragglers.

It's not included because it's a pain in the ass to include on models which aren't SUPPOSED to be insane (like Flagellants or Chaos). Just for flavor purposes. But in the Bret books I read (from the point of view of knights), I remember the attitude being closer to the one that an owner shows a pet rather than a feudal lord his servants.

Like, some of the knights saw their peasants as complete moron/idiots who couldn't take care of themselves and could barely hold a spear and thus needed their protection (but should also do their duty as pole-axe-carrying guard dogs) while others saw them in the old-fashioned/third-world view of dogs as useful tools, but don't bring them inside or we might catch fleas and kill them if they're a burden.

And when describing the peasants, they were mutated and inbred (albeit with a few able serjeants).

I feel ya. Didn't want it to be too long.

(Anti Raj Bagha crowd is going to throw a fit...)

Shame that the resolution on these pdfs is so bad.
I might have to look at stripping these images from more conventional scans.