>resources
pastebin.com/7R1QD7hP

Gorechosen edition

>General's Handbook pdf is up
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
I suppose that, GW will return to AoS after Blood Angels release, right? Starting with Gorechosen!

Off topic, Kill Team epub is up.

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Gorechosen-ENG
natfka.blogspot.com/2016/09/this-weeks-releases-angels-blade-and.html
youtu.be/N967kvKgNS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

According to who?

Sort of. The example for this would be the Empire State Regiment battalion which has a matched play points value but requires Empire State troops. obviously it's intended for matched play and the only difference between Free Guard and State Troops are their warscroll name but the point is that you are allowed to take legacy war scrolls even when an updated one is available.

What you cannot do is use an older version of the same warscroll. So if for example, (new) Archaon got nerfed for some reason and had his warscroll updated, you could not just roll back to the 1.0 version of it.

Where the fuck is this Kill team ePub that everyone keeps saying is up?

Right - but the Warrior Priest of Sigmar, for example, does not appear in the most current version of the 'legacy' warscroll. Mysteriously missing.

Neither do Empire State Troops or Empire Handgunners

Not in this fucking thread egjit!

Building my Storm cast army, was thinking of a defensive shooting line . Using Judicators to bog down enemy lines while the paladins and liberators can move in.

Lord celestant on dracoth- 200
Lord castellant- 100
2x Gryph hound- 80
(380 pts)

10x Judicators- 320
10x liberators - 200
(520 pts)

10x protectors- 400
3x retributors- 132
3x Prosecutors with javelins- 80
(612 pts)

1512 pts total, my group has agreed that you can exceed the limit by no more than 20 so I'm in the limit

Sorry I wasn't being very clear here: neither Empire warrior priests nor state troops will have a unique entry in Generals handbook but are clear to play in matched by just using the points cost of their renamed entry.

This is mostly intended to not invalidate someone who just wants to use the Empire PDF with their old army which is why they gave those legacy battalions points values as well. Through this option you can use the Empire Warrior Priest instead of the newer Warrior Priest.

If your store is cool with you only paying for 3 retributors then that's fine but normally you have to pay for the whole minimum unit.

Also consider just buying the Easy Make retributors and getting it to a unit of 5. It's like $8.

2 gryph hounds are overkill. 1 is good in that list to counter deep striking and summoning but they are not combat monsters by any means.

Also split your judicators into two units of 5, they gain zero advantage for being in a unit of 10 and lose the second Prime who you want with a Big Bow hitting on 2's.

>3x retributors- 132

Its 220 points for 5 or less. So you have a 1600 point list.

Hey so in Age of Smegmar is Archaon a minor Chaos god or still just a mortal?

Essentially a Demi-God who's powerful enough to not really answer to the Gods in a direct fashion anymore.

>age of poopmar

I put them as 3 because I could've sworn I read on his warscroll that that's his Max unit size and I figured battle scribe was wrong , if that's the case then I'd use the full unit. The second group hound ease there to balance the points from the three retributors, so I can amend the list.

Also Yea the Judicators and liberators will be split into smaller units, I just meant them as totals

The minimum unit size was 3 but if you look at the matched play entry, it's changed to 5 for 220.

And keep the liberators as 10 so you can get the Castellant buff on all of them, it makes a big difference.

Does anyone have the how to paint guide for stormcast eternals? I've never painted a mini before so I'd like a step by step guide to help me not ruin it.

I have watched Duncan and paint them on YouTube as well, that guy is amazing.

Side note: is there a difference between once per battle and once per game? I've seen unit abilities that say both .

I think the How to Paint Stormcast is still in the resources in the OP, we can try to help you out with any specifics.

Any Once Per Battle and Once Per Game are interchangeable

Ah alright, so I wasn't totally wrong, I thought I was crazy for having misread. Thanks for all the input though! Asking for my friend, who's plays khorne (we got the starter set) how is he supposed to deal with shooting? I told him cav units and fast models like furies would be good but I'm not sure.

Having lots of dudemans and long ass charges.

Stormcast shooting isn't really unfair unless you work to skew it (cough hurricanum cough). Bow judicators are great for spot removal but can't really hurt units that badly and crossbow judicators are just bad

Thanks man! This might be the nicest general I've ever been a part of you guys have been a huge help in getting me into this hobby!

Glad to try and help. There are nice anons in this thread but it'll degenerate into awful shitposting occasionally so just be wary of that.

I've literally won every game by utilizing the prosecutors, I think it's driving him insane desu. But if the strategy is to just soak up the damage and close the gap I'll let him know,

Prosecutors aren't even very good. Javelin prosecutors are breddy ok but if that's what's killing him I have no idea besides "improve yourself".

Unless you meant judicators, which I guess bow judicators can do a number on blood warriors

I'm willing to be his tactics are lacking (mine probably are too) but I just set up the prosecutors behind a unit of libs and try to cut down his units while they attempt to advance, occasionally taking potshots at his khorgorath or slaughter priest etc. Lord relictor moves between a second unit of libs and the lord celestant while the retibutors set up to lightning strike.

I've beat him ever single time except the first game, in which his bloodsecrator beat a full unit of retributors and prosecutors because god tier rolls.

I've checked the pastebin and the megas and I can't find it,

Huh. Is he buff chaining sufficiently? He should be rolling something like 3d6+4, take the two highest for most charges and when he gets to melee he shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Do you remember his list?

Both our lists are exactly the starter set, with his having a slaughter priest with hackblade.

He usually spreads the buffs out a bit, usually bumrushing my lord with a whipped khorgorath and mighty lord. Then tarpitting the liberators with reavers and warriors and dealing with the retributors when they come with nearby forces.

I never let the slaughter priest survive. Also his bloodsecrator might as well be terrain for how much it moves, all he does is plant the standard (makes sense to me though)

I just downloaded the Empire PDF. Almost everything is in there. There is no Empire Warrior Priest profile.

The state troops are in there.

Well that's what Bloodsecrators are there for, as long as he's in range.

He should be stacking those buffs on one unit (probably bloodreavers at first) to make them a really Killy missile. They shouldn't tarpit liberators, they should lawn mow them if done right (which is fine for you, that's what liberators are there for)

The khogorath should never ever receive a buff unless there's no one else, just because of how shit it is.

The slaughterpriest is breddy gud but he's not a super dangerous guy by any means.

Granted the starter set does favor Stormcast by a fair bit, it might just be time to expand

Dunno man, 50% chance for d6 mortal wounds could change the game if it goes off a couple times.

Page 24, it's after all the artillery for some reason

Just orderem a starter set and storm of sigmar box with my friend - khorne halves are for me. What should I buy to build a decent casual 1k pts army? Start collecting box would be enough?

Oh he's pretty sweet don't get me wrong, especially since it's not like it can be disbound. Plus he's a priest if your store ever plays with the extra terrain rules

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Gorechosen-ENG

Pay less for more heroes

I gotchu senpai. If your store lets you go over by 20 points, add the other 10 bloodreavers

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe

Units
Bloodreavers x 10 (60)
- Reaver Blades
Blood Warriors x 10 (200)
- Goreaxes
Blood Warriors x 5 (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
Mighty Skullcrushers x 3 (160)
- Axes

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

Total: 960/2000

this is also an excellent choice as it'll get you most of the other subsidiary heroes for bloodbound

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like I need only a Start Collecting and Starter Set to fulfil this list?

Just got into AoS and I'm trying to put together a StormMarine Eternals list.

What units/configurations are best and what should be avoided?

Also, a good sample list would be awesome. So far I have the getting started and half the w player starter box to work with. I seriously want some Judicators.

That's is absolutely correct, in fact you'll have spare models

Judicators are great. Give them the bows for range.

Retributors are awesome. Make sure to give the prime a starsoul mace.

Liberators with shields are a decent essential battleline. Give the prime a great weapon.

Prosecutors are good wizard/warmachine hunters. Whether you go javelins or hammers, it's up to you, because they all have pros and cons.

The knight-vexillor is amazing with the pennant because he is essentially your retributor mortal wounds delivery system

Get the starter set for the cheap lord-celestant on dracoth and lord-relictor, and the other stuff fills out your army well enough.

Not everyone is completely sold on the celestant-prime yet.

the giant dragons are rapemachines

the dracoth cavalry are as well.

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head right now.

>Retributors are awesome. Make sure to give the prime a starsoul mace.
Make sure to NOT give the prime a starsoul mace.

Jeez, how could I have fucked that up...

Thank you very much user - I need to keep this cheap so it is a good news for me

Two things from my personal experience

1)Don't go overboard on support and harassing stuff, you need damage dealers badly in Stormcast. Paladins and Dracothion guard are all amazing. Considering how cheap liberators are, these should make up a significant portion of your points total.

2) Stormcast are a buff skew faction like Bloodbound. It's not as obvious but they benefit from +1 to hits and save buffs like no other faction due to their abundant "roll a 6+ and this crazy thing happens" rules. You want buffs in your army or you're going to feel very lackluster. Order is great for this though.

The lord Castellant is your bloodsecrator, he's nearly mandatory unless you can think of a really good reason. He's a guaranteed no rolls required arcane shield provider that doesn't give a shit about the rule of 1.

You don't know joy until you run a 1+ save (stack it twice) unit who rerolls 1's into a deathstar of blood Knights and just laughs it off. When Stormcast are fun, they're very fun.

Thanks my dudes.

Just curious as to why you don't want the leader to have the mace?

Could you specify how you get a 1+ save and what exactly does that mean? I haven't played a GW based miniature game since '12. I understand the basic mechanics behind the game but I thought the highest save you could get was a 2+?

The prime has an extra attack, which means nothing when he's equipped with the starsoul mace because it doesnt utilize attacks or roll to-hit. It's best that he has a lightning hammer

So armor buffs in this game are just flat +1s to the armor roll. A roll of 1 always fails but that's fine.

On the other side, rend is just a flat -1 (or whatever) to the toll. So both sides counter act each other.

So say I took a unit of Fulminators, the Dracothian Guards with spears, and hit them with the Castellant buff: Dracothians are a 3+ to start, fulminators receive a +1 to their armor saves during the shooting phase and then receive a further +1 to their save from the Castellant, which makes their armor save require a roll of 3 on a D6+2, which is literally anything (although a 1 always fails)

The short hand of this is to just combine those buffs into their armor save number itself (since its identical) and just say a 1+ armor save.

The advantage of this is that Fulminators in the shooting phase with he Castellant buff are rolling 3+ armor saves (3+ roll on D6 +2 for buffs and -2 for rend) against fucking cannonballs, rerolling 1's.

The real question is will you grow out your moustache?

Maybe because your in the AOS thread, not the 40k thread

Friendly reminder that if you have models on the old 20mm square bases you are modelling for advantage and you need to rebase them to 22mm rounds asap

Nice bait post. Sadly it is likely to work as we get a bunch of sperging out about squares being illegal argument. Oh well. Here's a (You) in case that was all you were searching for.

>you are modelling for advantage

lel

Aww fuck. This weekend's releases is just a bunch of blood angel stuff.

natfka.blogspot.com/2016/09/this-weeks-releases-angels-blade-and.html

I am so bored with the last several week of releases since after beastclaw raiders.

My zombie rape train all on twentys will fuck up all you's bitches! Everything else on rounds but these guys gonna stay ranked yo! If nothing more than to piss you off... Oh and yeah, cus the rules say I can

yawn more space marines. when are they going to bring on the grungni duardin?

#

If you can't find it, then you don't deserve to download it.

How shitty is it to face regenerating units? I really like the idea of a swamp-themed destruction list with troll hag, river trolls, and fimir. Would it be a dickish force to start building? Have played like two games so I don't really have a handle on the game as a whole yet

So I just watched this, and frankly i was kinda impressed. For those of you wanting to run tomb kings in AoS, i can see these guys totally fitting a high-fantasy egyptian theme, especially on round bases.

youtu.be/N967kvKgNS4

Again, mantic hasn't had that stellar of a history with quality, but these look alright, despite them being *shudder*metal*shudder*

A lack of any true ranged attacks may cause issues but it mite b kewl. Give it a try. I've always wanted to try fimir out.

>Acquire army of Mantic tomb kings
>Unable to use it in GW stores and stores that require GW models in GW games

Are blood crushers and blood letters good? Or in a khorne army is it all about your hero units and buffing blood warriors?

My lord and savior Duncan has blessed me this day with a tutorial on painting fur. Just what I sweating over as I finish my 'Ardboyz and get ready for the Gruntas. Perfect.

Got my 6 prosecutors painted.

Holy shit those actually look really cool.

>I suppose that, GW will return to AoS after Blood Angels release, right? Starting with Gorechosen!
odds are its pause because GW is working on what the results of season of war will be

tzeentch if anything will be next since it would tie with the current 40k going on

then the elves release since light and shadow are the only ones left follow by some more rebases like free men forces and skavan

Anybody feel like playing some 1000 Point Bonesplitterz?

>Leader
Savage Big Boss
- Command Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

>Battleline
Savage Orruks x10
Savage Orruks x10

>Other
Arrowboys x30
Arrowboys x30

- Kunnin' Rukk

Total: 960/1000

Anybody?

Fucking nice

These are fantastic, mate. Been following the progress and you've done a great job.

Anyone know where I can get a beastclaw raiders scan?

Bellowing tyrant is beastclaw allegiance only command trait

umm.. in the OP pastebin? because, you know, that's why it's there

Thanks guys, appreciate the complements. I have about 5 more retribtors and my lord-relictor and knight-errant conversions on the painting table. That's about all I have left to do for my forgesworn eternals army.

na man, I'm looking at the general's handbook right now and it's a destruction command trait.

Keep at it! Love the progress so far

Off topic but, can someone link me to which pastebin the kill team download is in? I can't seem to find it.

no. fuck off.

Can't you beg in the 40k general thread? You know, where that game actually fucking gets discussed?

The OP of this thread mentioned it so I thought I might ask if he could point me in the direction of the download. I'm sorry about asking in this thread, I've asked again in the 40k thread.
On a separate note to you anons, what's the fluff for your army? I've been trying to write up a short description of my guys, their history and, a story connecting the battles I've played with them.

i see it as an epub in the Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves mega

Then in 40k, then codex&campaign

but it's an epub, not a pdf. but it's the latest edition

>22mm
GW has 25mm and 32mm.

Pretty sure they meant 32mm but it's just shitposting.

That city on the right and the jelly fish domes on the left are drawn with different vanishing points and it's just...bad art. Like freshman art class level. Technical skill is there if you only look at small areas but huge perspective errors between different parts just kinda kills it for me

The city isn't even co-planar with the lake it's next to/in

I don't think it's supposed to be a map/scene, just a rough guide to the area.

As much as I defend AoS, I don't agree that some of the map art could improve. I'm not critiquing the concepts, more that the execution is flawed, and generally seems rushed. But there are definitely stand out pieces of art.

I like this one.

I was thinking about posting that one too. I think that more art that shows what factions do in their downtime would be really great. Like showing Stormcast policing Azyrheim, or something like that. Any piece of information that fills in the gaps of the setting would be appreciated.

Yeah. It's possible to like and enjoy something while also recognizing some aspects could be done better.
is pretty cool

Why is he baiting? You can get way more mini's in combat with square bases, it's a fact.

I dont know if there are any official sizes yet but just look at the Sylvaneth Dryads. They come with 32mm circular bases which makes a huge difference.

Yep, keep up the totally unnecessary unproductive argument. All for them replies, amirite?

Jesus Christ are you guys seriously this easily triggered or do you just want any excuse to shit on people?

The guys making a valid point about square vs round bases, even if he got the measurements wrong. There is a BIG difference between the old squares and new 32mm bases which seem to be the standard for most new release units.

Did I miss something? No really, why is it unnecessary? I'm not even that guy, I just don't understand how anyone can't see the difference. I thought it was generally known and accepted that round bases are the new norm now, or it is at least at my two local clubs.

Forgive me if I missed some great flamewar and the topic is now taboo or something.

(You)

Yep, because this won't devolve into a shitty pointless internet argument as it has done in the pass. No siree. This time it will be different. Keep it up. I'm sure you still have more 'trigger' and 'you mad' rebuttals.

The 40k going on right now is more khorne, then blood angels. No signs of tzeentch.

So, can women become Stormcast Eternals?