How do we subvert the barmaid trope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yg3YDN5gTX0#t=1689
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make them pretty boys.

...back to masturbating

chaste barmaid

poast moar tit monsters

Women don't get to work in bars. Kingdom ordinance. Brothels okay, but bar staff on bars attached to or inside brothels have to be staffed by men exclusively. Only barmen.

Barmen all the time and nothing but. Maybe a barit, but only when we can't identify or assign it gender. That can happen sometimes. We had a gelatinous cube barit once, but he engulfed an unruly male patron whose clothes have stubbornly refused to dissolve, so we assigned him male gender and now he's a barman. He doesn't seem to mind. He doesn't seem to anything, actually. But we put the serving tray on top of him and he serves the food and drink to the right patrons and he doesn't complain so we're happy to have him on.

*slap slap slap slap*

Damn i love white women

turn them into catgirl barmaids

Barmaids are chosen for their ability to powerbomb patrons through tables. You become a barmaid by powerbombing the current barmaid through a table. An establishment can only have one barmaid.

How old is Milena now? I heard she got out of titty videos since she's getting up there in years.

>19 July 1970, Usti Nad Labem, Czechoslovakia
Ah, 46
That's getting to be a double-Christmas-cake.

>How do we subvert the barmaid trope?

Make them all elderly women.

>heard she got out
Well, she did, but then came back. I guess the money is too good and people still spank bank hard to her even as she gets older.

She also works with a ton of titty monsters. All quality stuff.

>Ara ara~

All barmaids are actually a succubus. The same succubus.

She constantly teleports between taverns and always uses the same disguise.

One barmaid and one busy fucking carpenter.

Lean into it. Have the bar be in a town which is really near a super deadly dungeon. The barmaid feels real sorrow for the adventurers, and it turns her on to be the last woman these heroes will sleep with before they die horribly. Through the years, she's acquired a small treasure trove from adventurers who give her presents, including a hat of disguise and a ring of mind reading, and if she knows that adventurers are in town, will make herself look just like a childhood crush of one of the adventurers. She has a few children, who all want to adventure. She's kept the location of the dungeon where their fathers fell a secret

I'm pretty sure fantasy bar tables don't live very long regardless.

>NurseJoy
Nurse Joy

Milena what?

RIS not giving a name

Velba.

tyvm

>women
>working outside home

cuck, next you gonna say they can be adventures and do not have -4 everything.

Sounds like a great backstory for a party of player characters.

I made one a cleric
Of lust

Look at feet, "I feel cute." Look at face, "Kill me." Look at feet again, "I am in extreme pain, hurry the fuck up and take the photo before my chest slides off my torso and explodes into a meaty splatter of fat and blood."

...Sorry, what was the question?

Will be the tavern owners daughter

men

see
for the obvious answer in changing barsluts to barsluts (male)

>messing with perfection
FUCK YOU, THE BUSTY TAVERN WENCH IS AN UNASSAILABLE CLASSIC

I guess that explains what happened to Brock.

>Trope
>Subvert x thread

If I could kill you, I would.

There are no more bars and no more barmaids. Instead the setting is full of maid cafés and maids. All the maids are young girls in their late teens and twenties, except for the older and more experienced head maid who usually runs the café.

>i want to live in incase's universes

What's the problem? It's a perfectly valid concept.

For some folks that won't matter.

In a world where the most a peasant can ask for in a life of 16 hour workdays is a fuck and a beer, the institution of a barmaid or brothel is a necessity to make the world made any sense if we're to believe that the peoples are humans that resemble the average medieval peasant. It's only when "alien" peoples of other races are involved that you can begin to believe that the village bicycle is not needed as culturally they've developed differently.

It's like racism or cultural prejudice in fantasy settings. When you have multiple sentient group living amongst one another you must have prejudice; there is no other way unless you explicitly say from the get-go that it's like Star Trek's humanity.

1) The subversion is usually uncreative as fuck.
2) The people who come up with it don't understand why the thing they're subverting is popular.
3) It's usually some speshul snowflake shit that either operates off some flawed logic.

That and everyone and their grandmother is coming up with edgy stories based around subverting standard fantasy tropes, such as Goblin Slayer or SAO.

Wow, the art is fucking terrible.

Or, you know, subverting the trope could be to simply use fantasy-transposed actual waitresses and barmaids, most of which aren't... Well, no, the ones who aren't married and 30+ w/ kids are usually pretty slutty.

>In a world where the most a peasant can ask for in a life of 16 hour workdays is a fuck and a beer

Stopped reading there.

Why do historical illiterates insist on speaking as if they are authorities?

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yg3YDN5gTX0#t=1689

If the trope is, "busty wenches who'll enjoy a tumble and generally expects nothing more than a good time/coin" then... just treat her like any actual real life barmaid, good looking or not. That is to say, "Dude, I just work here, this isn't a whorehouse or even a Hooters, fuck off."

The common "subversion" of trope is either, "It's boys instead of girls!" (up to you whether the lusty wench trope is the same or not) or "all the wenches are old and/or ugly" (which is usually to indicate that the place is a dive and the drinks will be shit). I guess for the latter you can play to the idea of, "You know the drink here is good because they don't need to distract the patrons with boobs."

Or the workers are off-duty adventurers themselves, either filling time between adventures to make ends meet or trying to pick up clues to set them out on adventures or just because their parent(s) are/were adventurers themselves and just because you hark off on adventures doesn't mean you're exempt from your chores at the family shop. This is typically a PC's position and might inspire "Adventures in Innkeeping: The RPG" from the PCs themselves.

Could replace the bar maids with constructs with no personality - or a program that runs the expected personality, who gets offended if their "charms" are rejected too rudely. For this, presumably one would not want to make a hot robot sex doll and would lean towards the inhuman looking and possibly dangerous to attempt to copulate with.

Same as above, but instead of constructs, "tame zombies", skeletons, or other monster few in their right mind would have any interest in boning.

Or, hey - why not keep them human and available for boning? Only they're miserable looking, obvious slaves that hollowly go through the motions of the common happy fantasy trope. If anyone takes it up, make it an empty experience. If they don't try to help, salt the wounds if anyone looks like they're feeling guilty for it.

Which would fall under 1) The subversion is usually uncreative as fuck.

I mean, who even cares? How many waiters/waitresses can you honestly say that you've spoken to on the first name basis once you paid for your meal?

'bout tree fiddy.

you don't. why would you anyway?

the unproductive belief that time spent = expertise gained, and conflate fantasy games with historical study. throw that in with the feeling of entitlement to one's opinion, valuation of superiority over common good, and a horrifying lack of critical thinking - despite the average westerner having instant access to the largest database of information that has ever existed - and you have some amazingly derailed conversations.

To be entirely fair, the entire point of Terry Jones' series is to prove popular myths wrong. While I won't accuse him of sheer falsehood, it's likely he cherrypicks. Notice for example that in his episode about women/damsels, he focuses mostly on the exceptional period just after the Black Death when manpower was in low supply.

Then again, perhaps my criticism is just against the concept "Medieval", which seeks to capture 1000 years of Western European history as if it were a single period in a single country.

>nigga
>not "carthagian" or "aegyptian"
did pic-maker even roman?

Subverting for the sake of subversion is kind of like eating for the sake of eating. If the subversions are shitty it's like eating glue for the sake of eating.

A better question would be "what's an interesting way to use barmaids in your campaign?"

Nice idea. Even if it's just a minor NPC with a couple of kids (to two different adventurer fathers) you add a little more detail to the world. Maybe have the players bring back the bones of one of her ex-lovers from the nearby dungeon?

Yeah me too

>the tall one

i want to fuck her butt, post more

>racism

whats funny is he's not even saying they're LESS intelligent, just that their intelligence isn't the same. Fucking hippies these days have like, eight forms of intelligence measurement.

>A better question would be "what's an interesting way to use barmaids in your campaign?"

Thing is, you really can't make barmaids interesting unless you base your entire campaign around owning a tavern or something.

I mean, in an average campaign where your goal is stopping some BBEG from destroying something, somewhere, at some point in the future, an inn just isn't a place that's going to receive that much focus overall since you're going to be traveling from place to place.

If it was something like "red dragon inn" where you take a break to just fuck around in a bar for a few hours then I could see it working but even then, the most interaction you'll find is "I roll to seduce the barmaid" and "I roll to cheat gambling."

Much less Nubian. Really.

Today facts are wrong when they contradict popular opinion.

My headcanon is that Jennys and Joys are 'missing link' human pokemon. They are human, for intents and purpose, but they have a few pokemon throwbacks, gene wise, that lead to things like the eerily close resemblance they all share.

I once wrote a fanfic where a trainer caught a Joy by accident and they ended up in a master-slave relationship. I was horrifically written and trashy. Years later I took joy in putting all copies on a USB that I then ritualistically burnt in a bonfire.

How long before D&D starts banning differences between the races because they're "racist"?

...ooorrr they could just be fucking Dittos

D&D races are actually different races

hm...
>nubba
sounds like a good Antique replacement for "nigga"

mhmmmm

Is very heavily stylized.

>today
>implying church never persecuted scientists

>wants to subvert trope
>posts sex goddess example of said trope

You know nothing

Dittos all have tard face

Intelligence tests are based on pattern recognition and problem solving.

You could presumptively as a race have different mental abilities but it likely wouldn't help you progress technologically speaking.

>that's the only thing Watson said
You might as well say he didn't do nuffin'

Only the one Ditto from that episode had that problem, and the episode was about trying to fix that problem.

Make them helpful, distinguished gentlemen and ladies that seem disturbingly competent and well-connected.

is it bad that i find this somewhat disgusting
I like women with curves, but this shit is sorta over-the-top.

well there is a version without a dick, so it could be correct

Why do '''we'' have to subvert it?

>"tame zombies", skeletons, or other monster few in their right mind would have any interest in boning.
The Gathering Dust Bar?

What a lovely, evocative name. Never played the game and not my bag of tea, so I'll just imagine it's as awesome as it sounds.

Ass > Tits

Why would a barmaid be chaste though? Unless the inn is run by some temple, but most gods who are associated with alcohol are also associated with fucking.

How intelligent are they? How long can they hold a shape?

Could they pass as human at least for a while?

Ass is just a primitive tit.

Tits = Ouranic
Ass = Chthonic

>first filename to make me laugh in months
>isn't in a filename thread
Figures

You're a primitive tit

nice comeback

I would subvert that barmaid if you know what i mean.

fpbp

>How intelligent are they?
Enough
>How long can they hold a shape?
As long as they want, even while they are sleeping, unless something makes them laugh.
>Could they pass as human at least for a while?
Yes

Make sure you tell REALLY funny jokes to everyone you know every now and then, to make sure they haven't been replaced by a Ditto.

The world of Pokémon is terrifying.

If you wanted a comeback, you should wipe your fucking lips.

You should have quit while you were ahead

So are humans. In any other species we would consider each human racial group to be a different animal.

These jokes are just snowballing now.

Yeah, I went there.

This is fucking disgusting

Jesus user, low blow.

That joke was a bit hard to swallow mate, you might be gagging.

Not since the discovery of genetics. It changed how animals are classified, and the different varieties of humans have less genetic difference than horses and donkeys, or humans and chimpanzees (who have, at most, a 1.6% genetic difference from us, by the way).

Candidacy for surprise buttsex

Serves you right for coming onto me.

Surprise? You should be fucking the barmaid in the ass anyway, less likely to get her pregnant that way.

What the hell is up with her proportions? She just looks wrong. How and why people think that's attractive is beyond me.

And now the big question.

What do they eat? Because if these things are omnivorous or carnivorous then they have the potential to go full The Thing on humanity but on a far larger scale.

The picture itself is janky and has some photoshop.
Also, you aren't used to peasant cut clothes which mostly hid a woman's figure.

>What do they eat? Because if these things are omnivorous or carnivorous then they have the potential to go full The Thing on humanity but on a far larger scale.

They're Pokemon, which means the occasional bit of meat but mostly generic candies.

Do you know how hard it was to work that up? This is getting nuts.