Chess General

Chess general thread, anybody? Any discussion about chess whatsoever can be brought here, and for the next hour, if somebody wants to set up a game on lichess, I'd play. I'm a 2120 USCF.

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/zpkZpLRd
lichess.org/lLKBzLrD
lichess.org/t9Bmfhky
lichess.org/GVlV2uCG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chess is good, generals are bad.
2120 is nice though.

chess is being prototyped for a myriad of augmented reality setups.

I'm excited for the day when all board games can be played with a single simple blue-grey table mat and a tablet for every player, which just runs AR tabletop software.

Yeah, but I'm not happy with it. USCF CM isn't a real title, really. Want a blitz game on lichess? 3|2 maybe?

Blitz chess is not chess.

I don't disagree. True chess is over 2 hours a side. Blitz is for fun and practice.

Let me find my lichess username and I'll play. I'm weak but enjoy games anyways.

Sure I'll play. Send link.

Is 3|2 good?
lichess.org/zpkZpLRd

sure

Is the link not working?

I am in.

I'm spectating, and it looks like whoever joined the game left the game.

Oh, my bad, had troubles due to mobile, there. Re hosting in a sec.

I am in on my screen but you can open up a new game if you want. I rejoin that one. Might be bugged

lichess.org/lLKBzLrD
Take two

Alright, I can't get hosting to work on mobile, I can't host the game. Can you?

same issue again, the game seems to think the other player left

okay I host

lichess.org/t9Bmfhky

Anyone paying attention to the Chess Olympiad 2016 being held at Baku right now? I haven't been watching it live or whatever, but the match analysis videos after the fact were pretty interesting.

Ah, no, last thing I tried to watch was the sportaccord mind game stuff in China, but everything really broke down and I couldn't find anything.

black got baited by the same strategy twice in that game

lichess.org/GVlV2uCG