GM: You enter the ruined village. Everywhere you see signs of depravity and mad cruelty...

>GM: You enter the ruined village. Everywhere you see signs of depravity and mad cruelty. Most of the houses are crushed or burning. Smell of sulful is thick in the air. Tracks of larger army lead east...
>Players: We search for survivors
>Alrighty. You found a family of three scared peasants in one of the basements... aaaaaand...
>What is it?
>A demon, grotesque humanoid with goat-like legs, horns and caricature wolf's face wanders out of a burning house, holding an infant in its hand, and burps.
>Roll initiative, demon wins
>Demon laughs, throws kid in its mouth and chomps.
>I attack. Crit... Confirm.
>Demon chokes, its coughing sounds like something between scratching of claws against stone and vomiting ogre. Pally, your turn.
>"I smile, enjoying monster's suffering, and without hurry smite it."
>Gruesome creature tries to scream, burning in righteous flame, but gurgling is the only thing it could squeeze out before dying.
>OOC, player: dude could you cut down on these edgy descriptions
>GM: no :^)
>Player: they just make me feel kinda uneasy
>GM: that's kinda the point, though. Well, only if you insist...

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Slaanesh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the point of this?

>stop presenting demons in a terrifying and gruesome way!!
>Present all enemies to me like cardboard cutouts that I have to throw over or burn!

I had someone tell me to cut down on "edgy" descriptions as he was murdering a little kid.

Hypocrisy much? Your murdering a kid, it's going to be horrifying.

RPG combat already tends to take ten times longer than it needs to, so the GM halting the action to wax lyrical about killcams just makes matters worse.

>I had someone tell me to cut down on "edgy" descriptions as he was murdering a little kid.
Haha, really? What did he want? "You hit the child for 15 points of damage, it dies"?

>Hypocrisy much? Your murdering a kid, it's going to be horrifying.

You say this as if he's interested in being confronted with even a fraction the horror of murdering an innocent, instead of just making himself feel big and bad.

Some players want to talk all kinds of tough-guy shit, but they're such pathetic cowards that they literally cannot even stand a brief description of their own actions in a game of let's-pretend.

it was the demons entrance and his death that was described, that aint costing you much of your time and adds at least some flavor to the game, just what your game needs if your dice rolling orgies (combats) are too long

>hurry up I want to go back to rolling dice and jerking off to my min-maxed results

tl;dr My kind of fun is superior to your kind of fun.
Are we done with this thread? Can we move on now?

>Some players want to talk all kinds of tough-guy shit, but they're such pathetic cowards that they literally cannot even stand a brief description of their own actions in a game of let's-pretend.
Not surprising, since the bigger and badder the tough guy persona, the softer their asshole usually is.

Well, to be fair, a "tough guy" is less likely to take dicks up his ass.
The more you take your dicks up your ass, the rougher your asshole becomes.
So "tough guys" tend to have baby-smooth soft and tender assholes, because they don't take dicks that often.

>sound of a vomiting ogre
it's like im really there :^)

>roleplaying
>fun
>pick one
>ow the edge

I tell players that everyone at my table is to enjoy the sessions, so productive suggestions are always welcome. But if some contrarian faggot ever tried the "I don't like RP in my RPGs" line you seem to think is just "alt-fun" they'd GTFO and never return.

I extend the same suggestion to you, user. tl;dr:

Fuck off.

>ignores the part of the demon getting hit

>GM: You spot an ogre in the distance, cornering a family. The mother tries to protect her daughter, but the ogre devours the child in a single bite, then smashes the skull of the father into dust.
>Players: We attack the-
>GM: Before you can react, the ogre grabs the woman by the waist and begins raping her mercilessly.
>Players: Okay, we attack.
>GM: It's still very far away, and as you approach you see how the ogre gouges out the eye of the woman and begins fucking the poor girl's head apart. Blood and gore spray from the open eye socket as the monster fucks the now lifeless corpse.
>OOC Player: Dad, can you not be so graphic? It's making me kind of sick, and mother is crying.
>GM: no :^)
>Player: can you at least have the ogre not rape us this time?
>GM: that's kinda the point, though. Well, only if you insist...

No, I want to get done with the shitty combat and go back to roleplaying. GM ejaculating purple prose while I roll dice is not roleplaying. Unless you're playing some odd experimental game where the GM is himself a character, and follows you around giving cringeworthy exposition in first person.

That's just cheating tho.
In op, demon won initiative, and used his turn to show off "look how heartless I am, true child of hell yaaaa"
In your situation, grid and Dash actions would leave less to fiat of /d/m

>ignores that the demon getting hit is the demons death
if you narrate it the combat gets at least little breaks from the rolling orgies

And if you don't narrate it we can get done with it faster. I don't give 0.5% of a rat's ass about how you envision the killing blow I just landed on the orc chieftain, give a succinct description if you must then get to the point where we see how do his champions react. We're here to prevent a war between the six tribes, not witness the reasons why none of your books ever got published.

>Demon
>Hell
YA FUCKED UP

ok, if you like your dice orgy seperated that's fine to me.
But: Have you tried meditation, Tai Chi or maybe progressive muscle relaxation? You sound very stressed out by just having a different opinon to a stranger on the internet, maybe try an ASMR video or try finding something different that relaxes you, everyone is different in that aspect.
Maybe you find relaxation in wood carving or miniature painting, good old fashioned Mandalas can help some people as well.

>GM makes Player uncomfortable
>Player makes GM aware
>GM changes behavior so as to not make Player uncomfortable

Seems like a fairly decent exchange.

Your mantra of 'dice orgy' is not helping your argument, and neither is the attempt to feign sophistication through condescension. Go sit in the corner.

>There can be only one version of evil places, if you don't keep to Abyss demons vs Baator devils, you are wrong
NEIN

I'm not a native english speaker, I have trouble finding a different expression for sitting together and taking turns rolling dice for an hour.
My advice on relaxation wasn't meant as a feign of sophistication but as an advice, you really sounded too stressed by an online argument to me.
My computer is already in a corner so i guess I'll just stay where I am.

Except in that situation if you can see it with that clarity, then you'd easily get there in time mid raping

Magical realm faggots need to die :^)

If normal players feel uneasy about vivid narration then tune it down you fucking edgelord.

Just like in the GOOD Fallout games where you could pickpocket a live grenade onto a kid for sick gibz and epic lulz

Before libtards took child killing out of a ROLEPLAYING game

To be fair no child killing is the same as no rape, and probably no slavery too in vidya
They want to keep the ratings as low as possible so hit as many people as possible with their product

Holy shit user I love you :^)

>demon getting hit is the demons death
>no it's not read it again faggot

user, most people consider child killing to be worse than rape.

I mean, in reality most people consider murder alone to be the worse of the two, since a rape victim has at least the possibility of recovery, and inflicting either on a kid makes it 5x worse.

Murder's just more media-friendly because it doesn't involve naughty bits and American sensibilities are skewed as to the acceptability of gore vs nudity.

>implying the baby died
If left alone, the demon would've choked to death on it. That babby is destined to be a hero.

I wonder if it would have been possible to buff the baby to the point it goes full Alien on the demon

>in a progressive european world, rape is totally chill Americans are just prudes

Never ceases to amaze me that retards make this argument every single time. Is that warped mindset why nobody cares about the rapes committed by refugees and some actually to defend it as a cultural difference?

When it comes to rating guidelines, murder of innocents pretty much guarantees an M-rating. The reason Hatred got AO was because the game was focused on murdering innocents and actively encouraged it.

Unkillable kids is just pussification. Nothing more.

where the fuck does he say that?
He's saying rape is bad but more is worse, not that rape is ok.

Alright, sorry.
>sitting together and taking turns rolling dice for an hour
Well that's exactly the issue. It's boring, abstract, takes too long, and not all characters participate in it. Flowery descriptions do not make the tedium awesome, they make it worse.

People don't like killing kids.

Deal with it.

>if you don't keep to Abyss demons vs Baator devils, you are wrong

I do actually think this idea should die. It's basically a way for wannabe pedants to make themselves feel smart, "correcting" people for confusing words that are literally synonyms outside of one fictional universe they probably don't even play in.

>While you were having premarital sex I mastered the blockchain
What did he mean by this?

How can they not like it if they have not tried it?

Technically, you should be able to do everything you want in a game. The game should also reserve judgement. If we make options unavailable, that's actually a kind of censorship if we have the capacity but it's removed.

Like, what's the point of a game about a morally dubious criminal if you can't do any criminal shit?

My only complaint with this is that you run into the Exalted problem. In Exalted 2E, stunting is essential. If you don't stunt, you get fucked over.

So this means combat has increasingly ridiculous and over-the-top descriptions as everyone backflips around and hurls increasingly ridiculous attacks that are doomed to miss.

Fighting game speak. It's the series of attacks you do on someone who's blocking, maintaining pressure with minimum openings in return, and hopefully a few very hard to block things in there so you can switch over to your damage dealing combos when something sneaks past and produces a bit of hit stun.

Wow, that little bit of extra knowledge suddenly makes that cringe pic even worse.
I suppose thats kinda the point though, but still.

>Your murdering a kid,
*You're

too edgy

I also thought it was a bitcoin thing at first. Which I guess would have made sense, if it's like "yeah, you were partying, but I was teaching computers how to print digital money".

Those arms, holy shit.

>Demon laughs, throws kid in its mouth and chomps.
>Demon chokes, its coughing sounds like something between scratching of claws against stone and vomiting ogre. Pally, your turn.

"I perform the Heimlich Manoeuvre on the demon, to dislodge the child."

Why isnt this the obvious response?

(Ok, so the sort of players I know have a twisted sense of humour)

but what is she fapping?
She is a lady is she not?
Is this a mistake?

hehehee

How much do you know about Slaanesh?

>Slaanesh
>A lady

I don't know, I thought ladies had vaginas. Are you implying this one has ...a dick?

Both.
It's slaanesh.

I don't get the point of this thread.

>Tzeench's face

Several, presumably.

OP doesn't like narration

what?? There are futanari in wh40k? Was this really written by nips?

Someones is fishing for an argument.

This is bait.

Sounds like the problem's in the system - it doesn't deliver the right kind of dynamic to an action scene(fighting) so the players and the DM cut corners anywhere they can. And narration is often the first one to go, since it is mostly easier to shorten a description than to fiddle with the mechanics in real time.

So maybe the systems that would make transitioning from narration to player actions to rolls and back easier need to be more "intuitive". Not necessarily having the DM calling rolls whenever he likes. Maybe something that would call for a roll whenever a certain point in the narration is reached (instead of relying on turns).

1d4chan.org/wiki/Slaanesh

So she actually has a dick? It's canon that slaanesh is a futa?

Yes, but it's a hermaphrodite. Or not? Maybe?
IT is whatever.

Slaanesh have anything Slaanesh need to make love to ya user.

Horrible love, that pierces like a spike.

Barbs for your pleasure.

Its cannon that slaaneshi Is a god, that can do whatever it wants to its physical form.
Its cannon that it's god of hedonism.
If it wants a dick for the latest orgy then it'll pack a dick, masculine body or otherwise.

Slaanesh is actually "the PRINCE of pleasure." or Pain/. Well, Both. SENSATION really. But yeah, Slaanesh is omnisexually capable and derives enjoyment from any sort of physical or psychological experience... except for repetition and normality. So, when Slaanesh offers you an Experience of Pleasure unlike Any Before... Realize that his / her definition of "pleasure" is WAYYY out of line with your own, no matter how depraved you think you are.

so slaneesh is just the god of inflaming sexual ardour?
Oh, so she is actually definitely a he? And i don't know about that, some anons are pretty far gone. It may be that the writers were forced to tone shit down of course.

Broad term of his domain is "god of excess"
The virgins here just focus on the sex more.

We're right here.
Yeah, ~Prince~ of pleasure. But titles are titles. Functionally its not fair to shoehorn Slaanesh into ~mortal~ sexes.

are you implying there are more sexes than mortal ones?

It depends in what context you're asking the question.

are you sure it doesn't just depend on definitions of the words?

It's not a semantics argument, if that's what you're asking.

It's a Chaos Demon God of Sex, it has everything, even the things you didn't know existed.

>definitely a he
No, Warp daemons don't have genders, especially not shapeshifting ones.

Actually, do daemons even reproduce? Are they just spawned infinitely within the Warp or from their patron Chaos God?

yes. that's how you're supposed to describe combat. it's not your fucking fanfiction novel for you to jizz your shitty attempts at """writing""" all over.

looooool shut up and sit down your only purpose as GM is that of entertainer and slave

>waah i want to jerk off to my """"roleplay"""" and """"flavor""""

No, we can't. And for the record, my fun is superior to all else.

lol. our GM lets us do whatever we want 'cause he's seen what we do to people irl

nah you're trash, RPGs are for killing and loot and nothing else

>plays an rpg
>doesn't like to roll dice
kys

nah get to the part where we find out if he has any loot worth picking up

demons come from hell.

how many layers of irony is this on?

Really immersive. I can almost feel the pencil hammering down mercilessly against the stat card. It's like I'm really at the table!

In an alternate, all too common reality

>GM: You enter the ruined village. There's nothing around.
>Players: We search for survivors
>Alrighty. You found a family of three. And-
>What is it?
>A demon.
>Roll initiative, demon wins
>
>
>"I smile, enjoying monster's suffering, and without hurry smite it."
>
>OOC, player: dude cool fight man
>GM: no :^(
>Player: they just make me feel kinda great
>GM: ;_;

I'm sure my current GM gets off on descriptions of people burning alive.

Slaanesh is excess in and of itself. Slaanesh honce made a Grey Knight fall by appearing in the form of a flawless and comely young boy, whose beauty drove the Grey Knight to Chaos.

Slaanesh has no true form, and is a bit like Desire of the Endless. Beautiful, androgynous, and packing what ever s/he needs to give you the most mind blowing orgasm of your life that will make all others pale in comparison before or since. And it will drive you to do whatever you can to feel it again-- even for half a second.

But you won't.

For nothing shall ever give you joy or pleasure the way the Prince of Chaos did.

the fuck is with this thread