So Nissa is the third Walker in first set

So Nissa is the third Walker in first set...
Which means no Vedalken guy in first set, unless they pull another block with 6 walkers, or no Tezzeret card.

Why fucking Nissa?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/homesick-2016-08-29
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It means the Vedalken guy will be heavily involved in the Aether revolt, whether he sympathizes with Chandra or not remains to be seen

Tezzeret will probably be orchestrating the revolt, so he'll be in the second set

I suppose Nissa is there because she found out that Chandra was acting on emotion again, which is a heavy no-no for those who want to meditate. Or perhaps Nissa found out about Chandra's past while the Jacetice League was mentally connected to eachother via Emrakul, and wants to protect her big-tiddy hoe

Hope she dies

Nissa's been through some shit at the conclusion of EMN, she deserves a break from our banter user

You see her face? The semi innocent aether streams in the background? Her name being "vital force?"

Some serious crap is going to go down, and apparently nissa is the only one that knows right now.

Or WOTC needed an excuse to ship her and Chandra...

Because lesbians.

I think mostly because wotc is now full-on pushing the gatewatch as the lore protagonists. You can't have just >one< protagonist card per set! As to why Nissa, well, maybe it's a fix for balancing green in the set (although from what we've seen, white is the color looking weaker than the others imo)

There are multiple references of Chandra finding dudes attractive, specifically being totally okay with the option of gawkingat broGideon every morning.

WotC may or may not be trying to ship Chandra and Nissa, but neither are lesbians. Stop.

I swear, you're the same kind of person who refer to cards like Monastery Swiftspear, Olivia, and Drana as "he" instead of "she" or "it."

she could be bi

There will be 4 pws in Kaladesh, so we may have the Vedalken guy in it.
And im suspecting we may have Tezzeret and Ajani in the second.

>why Nissa

Cuz they're pushing some angle on the Nissa-Chandra relationship. Whether it's gay or not remains to be seen, but it clearly has something going on.

Also cuz jacetice league is a big part of the story, which means that we will probs have 2 of them per block, indefinitely. This will hopefully become less repetitive as the Jacetice League starts accepting new members. I can't imagine that they'd seriously cycle between these 5 every 2-3 block on an ongoing basis for years and years, even WotC must realize that it's already a bit stale. Possibly one of every guild color eventually, heck if I know. Kiora and Ajani seem obvious candidates to join the team. Maybe Tamiyo and Elspeth.

Either she'll turn out to be somewhat central to the goings onof this block, or they needed a green walker so shoved her in. Dovin's probably in the next set with tezzeret

To be fair, who wouldn't be mirin' at Gideon?

It's 100% within her character to be bi, and I would be surprised if she wasn't. It's obvious she finds Gid physically attractive, but she fucking spilled her spaghetti all over Nissa in the UR where she took off.

Tamiyo isn't really interested. She prefers to watch.

chabdra is Bi, red is impuslive as fuck. If gideon took her to the mat wgile training she probably would get wet, the same could be said if nissa were to talk softly to her during meditation. Reds all about emotions to the max, so she will really love the naya half of the gatewatch, including yiffman, and will really hate the grixis half of the gatewatch.

Except her and Liliana get along rather well.

ral zarek is jace's friend after dragons maze, hes just laying low so niv'mizzet doesnt find out about sparks and go full jin'gitaxis on them(not like either of them know who jin'gitaxis is)

Thats because rakdos and monored burn get together well in the short term, the minute chandra finds out shes being used she'll feel stupid and red doesn't like feeling stupid. The whole blocks story arc will be her rejecting the raging retard red and pulling a mini khamal except instead of turning green she'll smooch an elf.

Oh yeah, she will also be kidnapped by tezzeret

Dovin Baan is on the booster packs, so it's pretty likely that he will get a card

>a mythic blue/white hybrid counterspell for 1w/u w/u that if you spent white and blue it costs 1 less to cast
his walker card is next block, allvthe villains will be next block

Because this is a girl power set. Chandra goes back, lili and Nissa follow, while jace and Gideon do whatever.

>every neowalker's arc will be some other character's arc but shittier
fuck

There's four walkers in the first set.

>the confident and blustery Chandra gets blushy and disordered and shy when Nissa so much as looks at her now
Ha ha time for yuri. Nissa can probably grow a magic dildo sprout that transmits sensation and pound Chandra 'til it's charred black.

Tamiyo and Kiora have both declined joining. They might in the future, but it would require some story event to explain why they've changed their minds.

Ajani is obviously gonna join in the next block however. Saheeli might after the revolt unless she decides to stay behind to fix Kaladesh or some nonsense.

Because chandra needs some action

>Why fucking Nissa?
Because color balance. There's no other green planeswalkers that have a place in this story.

Shes gunna show chandra her slit and try to save her from the artifacts that give her ptsd.

That Zone's wakfu flash was good, yes.

at least she looks normal now and not like that puke inducing profesional screamer

where does this 'they're gay' meme comes from? i'm curious.

NOOOO

what about our marriage?

Does anyone even know what happened to Kiora? She tried to force Nissa to stand down, got mind controlled by Jace, then.. what?

Kaladesh's story.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/homesick-2016-08-29
(Chandra's perspective)
>I swallow, but my throat's dried up and it takes a few tries. "I—I just thought that...You know that time on Zendikar, when our minds touched? I felt Zendikar's anger, right? The power of a whole world. Your world. And it was amazing. The most incredible thing ever. But behind Zendikar, behind the anger and the power, I felt you. Your mind. And it was real tranquil, you know? You kinda...centered me, I guess. You were all calm and connected-y."
>Then my brain shuts off, but my mouth keeps walking over a cliff.
>"When I touched that part of you, it was like when you're swimming, and you just lie back and float, looking up at the sky. Nothing below. Just blue and air above, and everything's cool and still. You can see forever, and don't have to worry..."
>WHAT IS COMING OUT OF MY FACE?
>I run a hand back through my sweaty hair. "Ha ha, wow. You must think this is dumb, huh? I come in here and start spouting bad poetry—"
>The tiniest of smiles. "I thought it eloquent."

Reads like a teen romance novel.

Didn't Ulamog kill her? I didn't really pay any attention to the story though so I probably missed her getting back up.

maro said 4 walkers in kaladesh on his tumblr.

Shes kind of just wandering Zendikar at the moment, in a "Now what?" stance.

>WHAT IS COMING OUT OF MY FACE?
I thought it entertaining.

Red's allied colors are black and green, so I don't think so. Gideon and ajani both have red backgrounds, so that works, but generally monowhite doesn't get along with red, in an order v chaos way

But naya is good, like the jacetice league. Its why jace is leaning bant instead of dimir like he was when him and liliana were a thing.

Nah, jace is azorius, chandra is red, nissa is green, gideon is borus, and lilliana is black or dimir.
Even though I know you're trying to bait me or being sarcastic.

walkers this set are chandra, nissa, saheeli, and baan

this is already confirmed

tezzeret likely next set, possibly with ajani though he might just be in the background like nissa in innistrad 2

Honestly Lili seems Grixis. She enjoys venting her passions and cutting loose but also in deep, ongoing manipulations of others.
Chandra can brush Boros at times and Nissa is slowly edging closer to Selesnya.

color balance
Chandra is Red, Saheeli is UR Dovin is probably UW. With Tezzeret as the only other walker, it was add Nissa or fuck the color pie in the ass

>Admitting that walkers are disproportionately more powerful than other spells

they are public on this.

it's why we got wolfwalker in Soi and why Tamiyo was tricolor

Do you think WotC's current writing staff has any qualms about blatant retconing?

ITT: Women spending time together? Must be gay.

Come on guys, I have the in bed art to, but it's not like they are actually making any of these characters gay. It's just ladies night in Kaladesh.

Gideon vs Garruk flex-off when

And Sorin used to be a hero and Gideon used to be an absolute moralfag.
WotC is as retcon happy as Marvel who they're copying from.

I wish you stupid fucking magic fags could keep this all in one pissfilled thread

Dovin wouldn't be on the boosters if his card wasn't in Kaladesh. Plus his PW card was mentioned at PAX.

lmao what the fuck is wrong with her face
ugly bitches get out

I remember this thread. Good times

But that's all they do, watch gates.

>third Nissa in two years
>third Chandra in two years
Gatewatch was a mistake.

Dude fuck you, you realize how many aspects of magic there are? Even with as many threads as there are they all a most always hit bump limit

And why not just fucking filter or if ignore it, or are you just salty because whatever shitty hobby you have constantly gets bumped off by the superior ones

Hey man, I'm not one to say that any ol' female friendship is gay.

Lili+Chandra is platonic(and unhealthy as fuck, it would seem)

But they pretty blatantly are setting up Chandra and Nissa. Please offer a serious alternative explanation for Chandra's behavior, I'll wait.

Nissa's my second favorite
Jhoira's just amazing

that beats my fanfiction

Everyone knows what will happend.

Why does the storyline has to be so predictable.

Tezz has oil, he uses oil, there's a revolt due to machines and creatures getting corrrupted blah blah.

Don't get salty that the most popular Veeky Forums game in the world has multiple threads.

Tez for sure does not have oil, his Bitch ass probably got kicked off the plane by glissa/elesh norn and now bolas has him doing some other shit with the gate watch.

These next three sets are most likely going to be the culmination of the fucking almost decade long bolas bullshit that's been going on mostly in the background of every major threat.

Doubt it, Nicol Bolas is still pulling Tezzeret's strings, what good would it do him to give Phyrexia another plane?

Kaladesh is being built up as a very high energy plane, where the inhabitants have a nearly modern quality of life thanks to a seemingly endless supply of Aether.

Nicol Bolas always needs more power, he's probably found a way to drain energy from one plane to another. He probably learned all this by studying the Eldrazi, after all it was his machinations that freed them in the first place.

Not only that but the wording in every story/lore given for bolas sending tezzeret to phyrexia implied he wanted Tez to keep an eye on the plane because it was a wild card(most likely) in his plans. Tez wanted to take over the plane but it was becoming overwhelmingly obviously he was in over his head.

Nicol Bolas has the Egyptian plane where he's worship as a god. Having a giant army doesn't do much for you if you can't take it anywhere.

He probably sent Tezzy to Kaladesh to look into planar portals so he can take his cult on a field trip.

I don't really take Nicol Bolas as much of a conqueror, he wants to be so powerful he doesn't need to rely on underlings. All he wants to do is reach his near godlike Oldwalker status and he untouchable.

He's on Amonkhet for a specific reason i'm sure. Subjugating the plane was probably just the easiest way to go about his work in peace.

The inhabitants of Amonkhet saw that he pushed over their Gods and Armies and started worshiping him as a God. Bolas sees that this is an easy way to keep the masses subjugated longterm and appoints some mook as Cult Leader and by in large lets them do their own thing.

That's my best guess anyway, i'm really looking forward to "Cult of Bolas" themed creatures. Egyptian Priest Cultists and Priests who will die for the Dragon God.

Yeah, I don't see him as a 'conqueror' type either but I'm still of the firm belief that taking his crew off of Amonkhet (love the name, good job WotC) is in the cards, so to speak.

Then there's the next set, Aether Revolt.

To me this means one of two things. Either the Constructs are going to rebel somehow or another, forcing a bloody conflict on Kaladesh akin to High Fantasy Terminator. Man vs Machine in all out war.

But I find the wording to be too strict. Aether is a power source, so what would a power source revolt look like? Every day machines and city infrastructure breaking down. Artificers that could once create things with ease suddenly find it nearly impossible to replicate earlier results. The power source that was once so reliable is suddenly extremely chaotic.

This would cause widespread panic, civil war and faction grabs for power. Imagine if electricity just stopped working like it was supposed to? The world would go to hell real quick.

And perhaps some of the constructs do go crazy, just not on an organized Terminator scale.

What if you told your robot butler to get you a glass of water and instead it skinned the cat? What if your big Hangarback Walker just started trampling through a crowded square with no input?
What if you were driving your Aether Car through Kaladesh and suddenly the brakes didn't engage?

I think it'll be a fun and memorable block.

You know that oil dosn't have to be spread on purpose? If Tezz brought it by coincidence it will shit all over Kaladesh as well(just like what Karn did).

Even Obnoxious was mirin' at Gideon.

I mean, sure, invulnerability was no match for a puddle of dirty water, and that sural was just whatthefuck, but he was mirin' still.

Was that before or after she lost the Bident? Think she's still on Zendikar recovering.

From memory, oil cannot get into or corrupt anything with a Spark, can it? As soon as Karn got a Spark back he violently ejected all the oil that was inside him, and it couldn't reinfect him or let him carry it around afterwards.

Tezzie should be similarly protected.

>Imagine if electricity just stopped working like it was supposed to?
That Revolution TV show?

Well he could brought it in his hand or in some artifact.