Angels and their ilk

Why are normal angels so bland, yet all others are so cool, Veeky Forums?

Post cool angels.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/hs1fH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>normal angels

Depends on setting.

>Has adeptus evangelion ptsd flashbacks
Define normal.

Holy human with 2 white bird wings.

Nigga u gay

Who is like unto the Most High, motherfucker!?

So the made up ones from renaissance art. Angels are supposed to be great and terrible, awe inspiring beings of divine purpose. Flaming winged wheels of eyes, four faced giants, or giants covered in eyes and bound in chains of black and red dlame, so tall it will take 500 years to walk the distance.

Yeah, them.

>Renaissance
Nigger pls. "Winged Human" is fucking ancient.
Here's a depiction of Michael from the early 500s.

>Not making your angels able to shift between relatively humanoid form and the flaming whatthefuck with wings Veeky Forums loves to wank about

Is anyone else fucking sick and tired of the "Dude, flaming wheels, lmao" type of angel now? They showed up in one book of the Old Testament and now that's literally all we hear about.

I want to repeat that, all we hear about anymore on this accursed site is "dude, flaming wheels, lmao" while casually dismissing winged humanoids because they're somehow boring now, even though all we talk about is the other type of angel? Give me a break.

The thing is that the "dude, flaming wheels, lmao" variety is rarely actually portrayed anywhere.

On this site maybe, but everywhere else non-"winged humanoids" angels are uncommon.
Hell, even here winged humanoids are still the norm, it's just that you will always have at least one dude to mention flaming wheels or something. Like you always have someone like you in any monstrous angels thread.
That being said, yes winged humanoid angels (or even strait human like) are in the bible more than flaming wheels.

where is that from?

Filename.

for me angels will never be boring but i also like the "the church is evil" and "angels are power hungry ubermensch" but hey different strokes for different folks

That's not an angel, that's a chunk of eldritch space whale.

Not the point. Also, it was deliberately shaped to look like one, so the point is moot.

Thanks based annon

Still not an angel. But if the stand is 'if it looks like a duck then it must be a duck.' Then you're definitely a bundle of sticks.

What is an angel anyway? Are only divine messengers angels?

>Then you're definitely a bundle of sticks.
Can't argue with that, desu. FeelsBadMan

The point is that pictures of things that look like angels still look like pictures of angels.

>angels are power hungry ubermensch

>pray to me and grant me power or suffer hell fire for eternity
>my word is law for i am all knowing
>burn all heretics

I don't know why that image got me

But it got me good

I love you

one of those dont think about it moments of life back in the day was why things are the way they are like no homo sex unless your a priest fucking a castrated dood yet i still liked Jacobs ladder

Here. Have the gooder version.

thank you!

my man smt has some good shit

I'm hearing it with kickass DOOM music this is amazing

That's not actually an angel in setting is it?

They are gas like spirits, and inhabit humanoid stone bodies to interact with the material world.

Because you touch yourself at night.

I know, so the thing with wings he posted is not actually an angel.

I actually have a angel character I wrote up for a game of the K6BD RPG that never ended up getting played.

>I know, so the thing with wings he posted is not actually an angel.
No. The thing with wings is the angels true form.

No. They exist in the same layer of reality christian angels and the like exist in called Aevum a step above our own reality so different as to be inconceivable. The bodies are compressed ashed from the fires of creation gathered from the void below the holy central city at the heart of creation.
They see through the body and use it as a proxy but still exist entirely in there own reality. Occasionally when angered they can seep through their proxy into our reality. Thorns seem to bleed on a constant basis.

deepest lore

You ever read the holy book of metatron? they add a new verse almost every other page release or a qoute to fill the gap.

I know I really should read all the stuff that goes on below the comic, but I can't be bothered.

Mastema is the coolest, handsomest, and most trustworthy angel.

>no genitalia
>still wearing underwear
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I find it strange that people sexualize mermaids, too, given the obvious lack of any way to fuck them.

Well in that picture's defense it's more like a utility belt holding some items.

I sexualize mermaids because they have mouths and that's enough for me.

Those angels are all liars, now that Mastema guy, he really seems to be onto something, I think you should trust him.

What the fuck is a "normal" angel?

Reposting my angels images folder because why not

imgur.com/a/hs1fH

How am I meant to fuck that sexy snek user?

They are pretty damn common in the Bible. The rule of thumb is that they will appear as humans when they need to preserve the sanity of those they're interacting with and go all final form if they don't.

I always thought Tyrael was cool. Don't really care for what they did to him in Diablo 3 though.

Ramiel-chan's cute!

>Not posting proper Seraphim.
Y'all are fags. Pic related is an angel.

>normal angels are bland
They're collections of nearly indescribable rings of light and wing to occlude something at the center.

They're not even uniformly described as humanoid. Traditional accounts of angels are almost elder god tier in their descriptions. They are assumed to take human forms because it's simply easier for the narrator to describe them in that way.

Yeah, we know this already, but those winged humans from the renaissance art have become the massively popular depiction of angels, thereby categorically being defined as "normal angels".
Those abstract monstrosities that are the original angel depictions, as well as angels (or similar beings) from other cultures/religions are cooler, and are what the OP is requesting.

This is a picture of what dwarves look like in my setting, I'm gonna post this in the next "dwarf picture dump" thread, because my unique, private definition of dwarf describes this picture.

Oh wait that would be stupid.

>They're collections of nearly indescribable rings of light and wing to occlude something at the center.
>Traditional accounts of angels
Not "normal angels". Stop pretending to be dense so that you can feel intelligent by rambling on to people about what you know about angels.

>pretending to be dense
I replied to the OP in a thread full of pictures.

Just saying 'popular depiction of' is not the same as 'traditional'.

what did they do to him? did they make him some sort of long con fake mentor, did they ruin what made him the avatar of Justice, TELL ME!

actually thats closer to a Cheribum

>"the church is evil"

i swear on me mum u cunt

If you want to be reactionary, made him black.

If you want to be a bit deeper, had him forsake his status as an angel to become human.

>and that human was black
Regardless, it feels like that all powerful companion-pc or DM insert.