Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Resident Nurgle: 2 Edition

Well lads, I'm afraid to say it, but we're just about to run out of fuel right about.... Now...

Welp... I guess we're walking from here on out lads. For now, I suggest we find ourselves some shelter. That hospital down the street looks like a good place to lay low.
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

And to make our lives just a little bit easier.
>He'd unlock the safe that the tank crew hand been holding,beforr reaching inside, and pocketing the halo device, and all the available notes.
Now you can ditch the safe. It's better this way.

>a manhole cover pops up and one by one the members of the Zealot Squad crawl out covered in blood and filth

Leroy: I hope you didnt write us off as dead just yet

>they tag along

>Said Hospital has been previously cleared, with the Hammerhead sitting outside, hidden behind some Enforcer patrol vehicles.
>Inside, 3 of the Crewmembers are milling around, on the upper floors, deciding what to do with Vic's injuries, Anya advocating Surgery while Irwin suggests merely securing it in a sling and waiting, and Oddball staying neutral.

>He lets out an exasperated sigh.
>"Emperor stay my hand before I kill these idiots..."

>Is unconscious.

Vasques: Wishing death upon your men with such low manpower, tsk tsk
>he shakes his head

>the others clean up a bit and look around for a bathroom with a functional shower

>As the group makes its way towards to hospital, malak would take note, and motion towards of all the bodies lying about.

These look way to recent to have been killed by local enforcers... and they appear to have been killed by...
>He'd examine one of the bodies a little closer.

...Tau pulse weapons!

dude that was in his head... hence the quoted green text

That might actually be my bad, I sometimes use >"WORDS" to differentiate between several peeps if there are more than two.

Then ignore his comment

Holy Feth, you idiots smell awful! Why the hell were you in the sewers right after we left the damn Chimera!?

>they look at eachother

Leroy: Shark missed a step and he was gone down a manhole with no ladder, so we followed him

Hoff: one for all, all for one

>"Ah to hell with this" Anya decides, lifting Vic over her shoulder and marching towards one of the operating rooms, "If we might be stuck here for a while she needs that arm fixed, before it heals all....wrong.. Irwin if you don't agree then can you just please stay outside and watch for guests."

>"I...fine, excuse me for being the voice of caution then, as much as you also speak reason." Irwin parks himself outside the doors to the room, Pulse Carbine lowered and at hand.

Well.......someone's got a log of positive waves today. Guess life or death does that to someone?
>Oddball shrugs and follows Anya, so that he can be.....useful.

>The 'head would be almost completely obscured behind the vehicles, only the Railgun and the Commander's sensor suite visible over the top, what with the propulsion and lift systems switched off.

Quick question
Should we use
That?

I mean qst.

>If the man could physically face palm, he would have done so a dozen times over by now. Instead he would simply let our a small sigh, before continueing on his way towards the hospital.

All of you are staying at the back of the group. That way, if the people I think are in there, happen to actually be in there, they won't mistake your smell for that of the undead.

>With that, he would open up the doors to the local hospital, silently praying that Oddball and his men are in here.

>they dont like that, last time they got sent to the back they started a war with the inquisition

>at the rear they split off from the group and make their own way trough the hospital

>Before Malak could do this, the Hammerhead concealed behind the cars would 'roar' to life, jumping forward to land squarely in front of the main doors of the Hospital.

"Halt!.....oh, it's friendlies, stand down lads."

if they decide to take it down, then yes we will, otherwise we'll stay here since we aren't actually a quest.

>"Well, that definitely proves it. Oddball and his men are here. And maybe anyone else that Vic managed to evac!"

>A large grin would appear on his face at the sound of the sergeants voice. Before he makes his way closer towards the Tau tank

Oddball! You magnificent son of a bitch! I'm damn glad too see you made it here alive! Is there anyone else here with you? .... where's Vic?

>they go around the side and look for another entrance to the hospital

If this was a quest, we would, as this isn't a quest, we're staying

"She's about to be in surgery......-here, here's....whatever this stuff is...you'd said it'd make her stay out for the duration, right?-, speaking of I sorta need to get to that. 3 guys outside are there in the Tank, and Steve is outside the room.

>"Uh....comrade, sensors say that we have contacts heading around the side?"

>After Malak took the contents out of the safe, they ditch it and start carrying the comm equipment.

Jimmy: "So....Where are we supposed to go now?"

Jaemis: "Just stick with me. Stay on alert as usual."

Vasques: Bingo!
>crashes trough a window, the rest of the squad follows, blocking the window up with rubble

>they continue inside and strip the place clean of food, drugs and medical items room by room

Well, I'm glad to hear she's alright... but what the hell happened? Why does she need to go into surgery?

>He'd turn his hesd to the sensor operator.

Those would be "Peepers Rejects" as I like to call them...

>Irwin hears the noises from his post and raises his weapon. "Uh, seems like we have some contacts downstairs, should we move to intercept...oh right, the Zealots....."

"The crash landing was.....particularly harsh. But I really must get back to it. I'm needed to make sure all the supplies she needs are accounted for."

>somewhere from the second floor a chair flies out of a window and falls on the ground, shattering

>they congratulate Shark on winning the bet and they continue to loot the place

>A grim look would cross his face upon hearing about the crash.

I see... so that's what that explosion I heard out in the woods were...

Well, let's do what we can for now, and try to hold this position. I'm going to try and set up the half of the comms beacon we managed to pick up before we got here.

>He'd pat the mans shoulder before making his way to the hospital.

Be careful out there Oddball...

>Continues its scanning
>Preparing to make a Warp jump at first sign of trouble

>The man looks through his scope at the people shambling around below him. It's a shame that so many of the Emperor's servants have become these abhorrent creatures. The man adjusts his gas mask, sighing.

>He'd narrowly avoid the falling chair, before casting his gaze momentarily upwards.
>"I'm gonna kill them, I swear upon the Emperor's Holy Throne, I will kill them!"

"Wait, Comms Beacon? We passed an Enforcer Precinct on the way here, it had what looked like a damaged Comms Array, maybe you could repair that?"

>Somewhere on the third floor of the building, a crash is heard. Its audible enough to be heard by the Zealot squad.

Holdrin: "Well we got half of the comm equipment. Maybe we can go with someone who knows how to fix it."

>they immediately freeze and take up arms, loading their shotguns, las rifles and flamer

Hoff: Lets get em.

>they double time it and scour the third floor room by room by kicking in the doors and sfanning the rooms one by one while staying together

>As they are kicking down the doors, they find an office.
>There seems to be movement inside.

Wait... Seriously!? If ehat you're saying is true, then I might just be able to...
>He'd think for a moment, trying to figure out what parts he would need to get the comms operational.

Can you take me to it?

>they shine their lights and guns inside while takinc cover behind the door frame

If it's in any reasonable condition, than I should be able to fix it.

>The Lights reveal the shadow of a humanoid figure
>The figure seemed to be rummaging around for equipment before noticing the lights and weapons
>They immediately take cover behind the desk in the office
>You hear a voice yell out from inside

"Don't come one step closer, pirates!"

>Jaemis Gives a salute and the three stand straight

"Understood, sir. Awaiting further orders."

>they enter and surround the hiding humanoid in a half-circle

>Hoff kicks the table over, everyone else got their fingers on their triggers

>Ron stands inside 'The Weepy Ogryn', an old bar nestled right between an old servitor warehouse and the docks for civilian ships. He's looking for someone. Someone specific. Slowly scanning the room, he's sees his target.

"We can't, need to guard the Hospital, but we mapped the area. Churchill, show him a map."
>Matthew Churchill climbs out of the Hammerhead and jogs over with a Dataslate listing areas of interest, including an Enforcer Precinct, some sort of Incinerator plant and a rough search area marked 'City Hall', amongst other minor things.

>"Cap'n they're scanning the surface, they'll-"
Not now, maggot.
>"But sir."
Not.
Now.
Worm.

>The figure appears to be a stormtrooper
>Seems to be of the medical type, from what you see of her armor
>She is unarmed

>He sits on a wheelchair in the Valkyrie, still holding the bird hostage

"Stop at the communications center."

>He'd take the dataslate from the man, before giving a through look over.

Understood. I'll take the russ boys and see if I can't scavange what we need from the precinct. In the meantime, just keep "Peepers Rejects" out of trouble, and guard this place with your lives!

>He'd turn around to face "the Russ boys", before indicating for them to follow after him, as he starts to make his way towards the enforcer station.

>panic erupts
Shark: YOOO, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
Hoff: Emperordamnit, those huge eyes, what the hell!
Leroy: Shut up you two
>smacks both

Leroy: Remember last time we burned a mutant alive? We were almost executed

>Beta is shaking, finger on the trigger barely holding back the killing intent

Vasques: Wha-who are you?
>he lowers his lasgun

>All the pirates look at you as if you were the devil.
You heard him.
>"My lord I don't think..."
Do I have to make you eat your own hands for you to obey?
>"Yes my lord..."

>The valk slowly lands

>The man sits at the bar, nursing a glass of whiskey
>A group of men approach him from behind
>"I thought I told you, Helmont. Get off this rock before I throw you off."
Gentlemen, can't we come to some kind of agreement?
>"You almost killed three of my best men with that stunt you pulled. There's no agreement we can come to."
>there's no way this is going to end well

>Jaemis examines the map before giving a nod

Jaemis: "I see. Thanks for the low down."

>They begin to follow, comm equipment in tow

>Churchill nods and returns to the tank.

"We'll do our best, now......you need this one, right?"

"St....Stormtrooper Medic Frisk Robenn. I was on the planet when the plague broke out with my lord."

>He exits the valk using the controls on the wheelchair

>He motions his head to a random trooper

"He comes with me. Rest of you stay here."

>He lets out a sigh, as they move through the city streets.
Every now and then he motions for the Russ boys to stop, before quietly making his way towards one if the zombies, and giving it a quick death via power wrist blade to the back of the skull.
>After wards, it's back to sneaking through the back alleys, on their way towards the precinct.

>to a random pirate*

Shark: yoooooo-
>gets dragged out of the room by hoff

Leroy: So *ahem* Frisk, what exactly happened over here that caused the plauge..and where is the morphine stash?

>Beta nods at the morphine mention

>They try their best to stealth with the comm equipment they have, laspistols ready in case of a FIRE FIIIIGGHT

>The pirate looks at the Night Lord for guidance.
If my pet is killed because of your incompetence, I'll decorate its tomb with your flayed skin.
>This doesn't guide him at all.
>He hurriedly disembarks the Valk with you.

>curiosity getting the better of him, Ron sits down nearby to eavesdrop..

>She looks grim

"We came onto this planet to destroy a heretical cult our lord had been tracking for a month. What we didn't know was that they had a powerful being helping them do the deed that caused all of this. My comrades are dead, but my lord might still be alive out there."

>She points to a door down the hall

"There is supposed to be a medical room down the hall, on the left. Should be full of what you....need."

>Hoff and Beta run to the direction
Vasques: I suggest you stick with us, we are packing heat and numbers to get off this planet...after we regroup with out commander

>the others are allready breaking in the medical room, stripping it of all narcotics

>He motions for the pirate to follow as he goes to the entrance of the communications station

>As they stand at the entrance, he looks at the pirate

"Destroy your radio and disable your vox before we enter."

>She slowly gets up, hands lowering again

"I guess I got no real choice."

>She digs into a desk and retrieves a stub pistol

"Where to?"

>As the group makes their way to the Precinct, they pass by a roadblock of blood splattered Enforcer Cruisers and the odd APC.
>Predictably, the Enforcers look to have been massacred, also predictably, most of the bodies are missing.
>What are not missing however, are a few of their weapons, as well as some ammo in an APC.

It's not my fault that Angle-nose Eddy and his boys are too stupid to use a seatbelt. That barrel roll was the only thing that saved our asses. The arbitrators don't fuck around, Jarvis.
>"You lost the shipment."
I saved your men!
>Ron notices one of the men has a hand on his laspistol

>Hoff throws a fire extingusher out the window and looks for the commander
>the others attach ropes to rapel down to street level

>"A-are you insane? The boss wants me reporting every five minutes else he'll skin me alive!"

>the escalating tensions are amusing to Ron. It's obvious to him that this guy prevented a lot more damage than he caused. Hopefully, he notices the guy with the gun too. A thin smile on his face, Ron orders a drink, and waits for whatever is going to happen to happen.

>They collect an extra las charge before awaiting the commanders orders.

Jimmy: "Anything you want us to take in particular, sir?"

>The shouting continues for a little, before the man with the gun raises it to aim at Chance
>before he can fire, a lasbolt goes through his chest from Chance's own pistol
>Ron didn't see him raise it
>the other two men reach for their holsters but are met with the same fate
>Helmont goes back to his drink

>The Inquisitor sighs before changing his mind

"Walk ahead of me, then."

>He drives the wheelchair into the building, and goes to the main room
>He motions to the pirate to go to the console

"Go to the console. Scan for any nearby ships. Make contact with anything imperial. Put it on speaker."

Well, we might as well take this chance to resupply.
>With this said, he would go into the APCs, and would refill his Autocannon.
>After finishing, he would chamber a round into the Autocannon.

Alright lads. Whenever you're ready, let's keep moving.

>Ron bursts out laughing
Oh, that was great!

>She awaits for the squad to rappel before doing the same

Leroy: There he is!

>they rapel down and secure the perimiter as they wait for the medic to follow

Take whatever it is you think you need.
>He says this while keeping an eye out for trouble, and while checking fir any possible comm traffic. Hopeing to find someone else alive in this city.

>The pirate does as instructed.
>"Th-there is a ship, I'll stablish connection."
>An action which doesn't go unnoticed by the other pirates.
>Oddly enough the radio this poor sod is carrying is silent instead of yelling curses at why they are stablishing connection with an imperial ship.

How the fuck did you find us? We're half a city away by now.

>They straighten up after reloading and getting some las charges

Jaemis: "Ready, sir."

Who are you supposed to be?

>She rappels down to street level, and takes a look around her

>and takes a look around her before following the squad

I'm a guy who needs a captain. And a ship. Now that I think about it I need a crew, too.
>Ron pulls out his Rosette
You look like the kind of guy that knows how to get me those things, and may in fact be one of them. That right?

>He takes a deep breath after the connection is established and speaks

"To the Imperial vessel The Lady of Spectoris, this is Inquisitor Felbringer. Over."

Rolled 46 (1d100)

>they stop

>leroys turns on the vox and contacts malak
Where you at, commander?

>Chance looks suspicious as soon as Ron pulls out the rosette
Something tells me I don't have a choice.

Ready? Then let's get this crap to the precinct. It should be just a few blocks down the road.
>With that, He'd begin making his way towards the precinct.

Don't think of it like that. Think of it as your obligation to this great Imperium.
>he puts it away
Now then. Can you get me what I need?

>They follow as instructed, using stealth to the best of their ability with the equipment they carry

Rolled 79, 23 = 102 (2d100)

Leroy: Allright squad, the command is ignoring us..again, useless shits

Hoff: Lets go in a random direction and make some noise
>shark cocks his shotgun
>they proceed on a warpath, shooting and burning anything alive or explodable

>first roll for right direction, second roll for damage done

I don't know anything about a ship, but I'm the best pilot this sector's ever seen.
I did the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs.

Imperial ship Lady of Spectoris´ captain, Gustavus Venris. How may we serve you, Inquisitor?

>"T-they don't seem to be answering."

>She face palms slightly before keeping up with them, taking care to conserve her ammo

"Fucking idiots..."

Rolled 41 (1d100)

>Beta turns the flamer on the buildings, setting them on fire gleefully
>rolling for size of fire

>"Or maybe they are..."

>He'd turn his head at the sounds of weapons fire.

Are those.... Oh dear Throne and holy Terra itself! Dont let it be those fucking idiots! For the love of the Emperor don't let it be them!
>With that said, he begins to double time it to the precinct. Knowing full well that it'd simply a matter of time before everything that can hear them, starts coming out if the woodwork.