Rifts

Who's playing some Rifts? Are you or will you be switching to Savage Rifts? What's your favorite OCC?

PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium
RIFTS RESOURCES: txt.do/58m2k

Other urls found in this thread:

www71.zippyshare.com/v/53Smd77D/file.html
mega.nz/#!HEgAAJiQ!XJVVjTJUgcHEzbKV6BcfZR1FbmN1aB87LCRbPsTAGzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Savage Worlds books: www71.zippyshare.com/v/53Smd77D/file.html

What's updated in this version?

"New" from last month. And I have no idea, I think they're fiddling with the gun AP and armor values on power armor.

It seemed like it might need some tweaks. The boom gun stats seemed a little absurd.

Not currently in a Rifts game now, one is on hiatus, and will be running the Garnet Town Gambit again soon.

I don't think ill be switching my Rifts game to Savage Worlds, I like them both, but they feel and play different enough that I think there is still room for both.

My favorite O.C.C. is the RUE Operator after taking Power Armor pilot skills.

>Operator after taking Power Armor pilot skills.
Does Palladium Rifts allow spellcasting and psionic use while in power armor or mecha?

I don't think so, but I don't play psions or mages too often.

>The boom gun stats seemed a little absurd.
It's an absurd weapon in an absurd game. Just roll with it.

Coalition Field Manual WITH encryption key, cause I'm a dumbass.

mega.nz/#!HEgAAJiQ!XJVVjTJUgcHEzbKV6BcfZR1FbmN1aB87LCRbPsTAGzg

Thanks.

They fiddled with some numbers, nothing like a core rule. some of the the tables you can roll on got changed. Glitter boy armor has a toughness bonus in addition to armor (meaning a bonus that isn't taken away by AP).

Hey guys,
After years of being just a player (dnd 4, pathfinder, dnd 5) I finally get the chance to GM a group of my friends. Those are totally new to pen and paper and some are even new to rpgs at all. After some research i found savage worlds be the most appealing in terms of accessibility and stil being a real P n' P. Our first session will be in 2 weeks, its all planned out. We're plaing a Horror One sheet with some added content of my own. After that I will see how motivated everybody is and who would like to play on. Since i picked the first adventure to be rather settled we'll be plaing just core rules. but rifts seem interesting. What book is best to start?

The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide has a good intro to the world of Rifts. Then the GM's Guide.

And for atmosphere the Rifts Main Book (RMB) is the original and probably best intro. It has pic related as the cover.

Is that some Moebeius art? I hadn't considered that for Rifts before but that's amazingly appropriate.

Moebius is wonderfully appropriate, especially for Splugorthian stuff like Stone Masters, alien machines and Biomancy.

You could mix Numenera with Rifts (both are post-apoc settings) and see what 'appens.

Yeah, I could see those being Rifts characters.

Armor (including power armor) that covers more than 50% of the body will interfere with spellcasting. And if you're inside a vehicle or giant robot, you can't cast spells targeting something outside.

I can't find any equivalent rules about psionic powers, but I can't promise such rules don't exist somewhere in the books. I also can't find any specific rules about how getting cybernetics negatively impacts a psychic character.

I see people recommend the original main book over the ultimate edition a lot in these threads. What's wrong with RUE?

It mostly needs two separate settings, a high damage single target setting and a lower damage AoE setting.

It also should be Jet/Beam rather than a blast template, but I guess Savage Worlds doesn't have that any more.

Stats for the vehicles are so screwy. CR-2s should be dual light lasers, CR-4s should be dual medium, CR-6 should be dual heavies. Instead CR-4 and CR-2s are heavies and mediums on a whim. Also the UAR and Mark V railguns should be medium instead of heavy. Heavy Railguns should pretty much be just the Spider Skull Walker and the Death's Head Transport.

Not him but I think it dumps some lore for Kevin Siembedia roleplaying lectures. Personally I don't have it.

On the topic of lore, it's mentioned that the total population of North America, including d-bees but excluding monsters, demons, and creatures of magic, is 30 to 40 million. That means Rifts NA has a population 8% of modern day populations.

In other words, the army sizes are still fucking insane but the population numbers in the original Rifts rulebooks are somewhat normal. If America has the same population it had in 1840 to 1850, then logically Chi-town would have the same population as 1850s New York (400,000), which matches up with the population numbers for CS Iowa. The other large towns in the CS are a bit too big but you could excuse that as the wilderness being empty.

They still need to draw a better map though. They show the CS as one contiguous territory from the Great Lakes to the Gulf, when the books explicitly state the settled parts of CS Missouri are all north of the Missouri River, and El Dorado only goes about five miles beyond the Ouachita River (So a better map would show it as bottom half of Arkansas and top half of Louisiana.)

Fucking Killjoys.

>It mostly needs two separate settings, a high damage single target setting and a lower damage AoE setting.

That would make sense if you just fluff the flechette round as having an impact fuse and a proximity fuse setting.