Warhammer 40k General

Bikes Are Tough Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>Doing my military service in artillery
>Notice today that our guns have hazard stripes
>IW is my favorite traitor legion

Feels great man

Any suggestions for making a Mega-Armoured Cybork Warboss?

>They were AoC as part of the Overkill box
No they weren't you fucking nigger.

That's interesting I didn't think the military used that. Please don't say they put the hazard stripes on the stairs.

Yes they were you fucking faggot.

>faq
>part of the overkill box
You're a special kind of retarded.

There were no allied Tyranids literally in the box. I meant the Overkill contents allied as AoC.

Less than 4000 away. Get to it boyz.

where are they on the guns?

Read the pic in Genestealer cults ally exactly like Tyranids, they were bb when they sold them and then changed them to aoc. There was no reason to do this, the ally chart already has abhorrent fluff issues if fluff is your excuse.

Here's a "fun" 1500pts list concept for Raptors.
>infiltrating LRC filled with death cult assassins (hopefully wounding with reroll against -1T and having 5++ reroll in combat) > 5 x 6 rending bolter scouts for screening/object camping
>speeders act like cunts
>lias himself jacks off in 2+ cover with his sternguard to provide fire support.

The really weird thing is tyrannocytes already specify that only tyranids can ride in them, and it would be simple to put a similar restriction on any future genecult transport that it can only transport genecult stuff. The restriction is almost entirely there to stop you casting invisibility on tyranids, which just seems churlish.

If Rough Riders were 7points each (including Sergeant) but came without Hunting Lances, would you buy them?

Aren't they still T3?
If they got the standard +1T from being cavalry maybe, and maybe reword the hunting Lance to work only in the first round of combat, then they'd maybe be worth their current cost

New player here, I recently started Admech and put together this list for casual play. My main opponents are Tau and Blood Angels, but I'm aiming for an all-comers list at 1850.

Ordo Machinum (1840)

Cult Mechanicus Elimination Maniple:

-Kastelan Maniple -2 bots, conversion field, full phosphor. 325

- 2×3 man kataphron destroyers,w/ grav and phosphor. 165 pts/unit.

Skitarii Dominus Maniple

-Tech-priest Dominus, conversion field, Anzion's Puesdogenetor 125pts.

- Skitarii Vanguard 10 men, 3 plasma caliver, omnispex. 200pts

- Onager Dunecrawler w/ Neutron laser and extra stubber. 120pts.

Skitarii Maniple

- Skitarii Vanguard 10 men, 3 arc rifle, omnispex. 155 pts.

-Skitarii Rangers 5 man, 65 pts.

- Onager Dunecrawler, Neutron laser, extra stubber. 120pts.

Inquisition Detatchment

- Inquisitior Coteaz 100pts.

- 2× Henchmen Warband, 10 acolytes w/bolters, psyker, Jokaero. Dedicated Transport Chimeras, Multilaser/Heavy Flamer. 150pts/unit.

Total 1840pts.

Vanguard squads will hijack the Chimeras and Rangers and henchmen will hold backfield objectives. Coteaz and Dominus will join one unit of KatD's each. 10pts left to switch one Dunecrawler to Icarus Array if needed.

I apologise for the poor formatting, I am new here and don't know the conventions and am on mobile.

situation came up in a game today where Bjorn the fell handed was challenged by a helbrute character In a combat also involving 2 wolf guard and 2 chosen. do any excess wounds made by the outside forces transfer over to either dreads?

and in the main rule book in the character section that I use the weapon skill and toughness of the opponent, does it just swap to an armour pen roll like normal?

Give your chimeras 2x heavy bolter and psybolt shells if you're a Funny Guy.

You might want to put the "fuck fliers" array on at least one dunecrawler.

Are the Sons of Malice still canon? What is the best way to represent them on the table? Personally I think the Crimson Slaughter supplement fits them like a glove

I'd roll one at a time till the chosen died then have excess hits start trying to hurt the dread if possible

cav doesn't get a standard +1 toughness, that's bikes. only a few cav get +1 toughness

yes, wounds spill over after challenges and they're no longer in their own seperate combat

Whats the name of the page? I can't find it by searching Warhammer 40000

Warhammer 40,000

So I'm a new Eldar player, and I had a game the other day against the local Taufag. He beat me, but I later discovered he was fudging a few rules, such as:
his Crisis suits were T5
his Plasma shit was S7
his Ghostkeel didn't roll for Nova Charges
and some other shit I forget.

Now I know as an Eldar player I have no right to bitch about losing games, but I wouldn't mind taking him down a peg next time, and I was thinking about getting some Warp Spiders. They aren't D-weapon faggotry, they are real short-ranged, their guns ain't fantastic, but the wounding Tau on a 2+ sounds like just the ticket. Are they worth it, or should I go for Wraithguard or Spectres or something instead?

Is tau plasma different than what Imperials', all my plasma guns are S7 AP2.

tau plasma is s6 and no gets hot

>Have nothing to read so decide to read some trashy new 40k
>Don't want to pay Black Library for trash
>Mega folder isn't up to date
>Epistolary is gone
Wat do.

Yep, right now they've basically got the Imperial Guard statline, but with cavalry type, laspistols&close-combat weapon instead of lasguns, hunting lances (basically one-use power lances) and krak grenades. That's 11 points per model. I don't think I'm pushing the boat out when I say that they're stupidly overcosted. It think they'd be 8 points a pop at best but stripping the lances and putting them at 7 points might make them a mobile alternative for non-mechanised lists.

ghost keels dont have nova reactors at all.

Warpspiders are *very* good. They got toned down (read: faq'd back into normalcy) from over the top when the FAQ ruled against multiple flickerjumps per turn (who didn't see that coming)
They are short range but have ridiculous mobility and range, and wound most things in the game on 2s, with rending.

Codex Deathwatch online when?

just take some filthy shit and rape him

taufags deserve to be hit with every WAACfag thing you have

Every thread someone asks this, and every thread someone posts it. Check the damn archives

Oh damn, I am pretty glad I don't need to know that.
The first time I faced Tau he was messing up mad rules as well. He didn't roll and movement for his Jump shoot Jump bullshit so it was 12" Shoot then another 12" every time.

>his Ghostkeel didn't roll for Nova Charges
Did you mean Riptide? Ghostkeels don't have Nova Generators, and a Riptide doesn't have to activate it if he doesn't want to. Regardless, if he's not a new Tau player, then he's a twat.

Speaking of Tau, I need a bit of help from other Taufags here. I just picked up a Start Collecting Box, mainly for the new XV8s and Ethereal, but ended up with the new Firewarrior box. I've already got five Strike teams (I like infantry and tanks rather than suits) so should I go for the sixth or should I make up some Breachers? Has anyone had some good experiences with them? Are they actually fun?...

tau players are typically cheaters

Shame they can't get veterans though.

I'd definitely use the 6 inch hatred bubble crozius, even more so with the new lost and the damned formation

well fuck me but i seriously cant find it
in wich archive is it in?

>Easy mode
Ghazhgull base with a few simple swaps and add ons

Then there's the other ones where you use Grukk/AoBR warboss/Daemon prince parts and a bunch of plasticard/greenstuff.

Minotaurs and Crypt horrors from WHFB kits are also around the same size in terms of limbs.

Ogres are a mistake because they stand fully upright.

Updated this list based on some earlier suggestions.

==Black Crusade Detachment==
Free VOTLW is always nice
=Chaos Warband=
Note: Everything in this formation is Obsec.
Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bike, Power Fist, Sigil of Corruption - 150 [Warlord]
Chaos Sorcerer w/ ML 2, Bike, Force Axe, Spell Familiar - 120
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol/CCW, rest have Bolt Pistol/CCW - 97
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol/CCW, rest have Bolt Pistol/CCW - 97
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
3 Bikers, replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Meltabombs - 85
3 Bikers, replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Meltabombs - 85
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
=Spawn Auxiliary=
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle - 72
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle - 72
==Daemon Ally Detachment==
=HQ=
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc - 70
=Troops=
12 Horrors - 108
Total Points: 1850

Army Notes: The Lord joins one unit of you-know-whats, while the Sorcerer joins the other unit. The Horrors/Herald roll on Malefic. Thanks to the Draft FAQ, they get both Psychic Focus and Chaos Psychic Focus. I get three chances to roll for the powers I really want (Cursed Earth, Sacrifice, and I'm ok with the Herald getting Dark Flame).

I prefer to take units in doubles, so I can either split the army into two self-contained "cohorts" of:
-2 Units of "Line Infantry" (Melta Chaos Marines)
-1 Unit of "Rifle" Infantry (Chosen)
-1 Unit of Light Cavalry: (Bikers)
-1 Unit of Heavy Cavalry: (HQ + unnameable things)
-1 Unit of "Artillery": (Havocs)

Huh, guess he was being a double faggot then. Also, I think I misinterpreted the Mono rules: I thought wounding on initiative meant if the target has I4, it's a 4+ to wound. Wow, I'm retarded and that puts mono in a whole new light. They still seem awfully similar to shuriken catapults tho. Is the mobility thing the main reason people take Spiders? Cause against Tau it doesn't seem all that important; they WANT to stay as far away as possible, and have sillybuggers range too. Have you played them against Tau before? How'd they do?

Nah, even if he is a faggot I'm not going to descend to his level. I prefer a challange to taking D-cannon Vauls Wrath as an 'I win' button. Any tips against Tau tho?

I've heard this a lot on this board. Dunno what it is about Tau players.

Nope, just looked up the model for a Ghostkeel and that's definitely what he had. Guess I need to double check him on his rules next time. And no, he isn't new, but he doesn't seem like a real 'That Guy' type, just fudges things a bit. Maybe I'm being too easygoing.

They're playing on auto-pilot half the time, so they don't know what to do when it actually comes to the rules.

A small-ish lever, the stripes aren't as visible as IW likes to do. Makes you feel iron as fuck still.

>I thought wounding on initiative meant if the target has I4, it's a 4+ to wound.
No you're correct on that, it's just that most Tau units have garbage initiative scores.

>getting rid of the lances

wtf thats the best thing about them...

btw those models look great are those victoria miniatures bits for the riders?

no your wrong. Monofilament weapons treat the target's initiative value as their toughness when determining the to-wound roll.

Against castle tau, warp spiders might not be the best choice, but if he has even semi-agressive riptides/ghostkeels, they will be useful (wounding on 2s and all).

And yeah, the retarded-tier mobility is why spiders are so great. a potential 5d6+6" move, plus 2d6" in your opponents turn makes them nearly impossible to pin down, and their guns are super good vs almost all infantry. (except against other eldar)

You pretty much need a devilfish to get them into S6 range, or park them on an obj to use their range to threaten off melee.
Strike teams just feel more satisfying to use.

So what was talking about when he said they wound most things in the game on 2's? Is there some special rule I'm missing here, or maybe an FAQ?

This is why people need to know the rules before discussing them.

Monofilament treats initiative as toughness. Warpsiders wound most things on 2s.

WHFB kits are very expensive now that WHFB is dead

>potential 5d6+6" move
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it 4d6
2d6+6 warp jump
d6 rerollable run
d6 jetpack redeploy move

Minotaurs and crypt horrors survived the great model cull, and their bits should be easily found online.

Just checked my codex, and yep you are right. No idea how I messed that up. Thank you kind sir, you've made my next purchase much easier- can't see myself going up against Nids any time soon. What init is the average for Daemons? There's a player floating around, haven't had a chance to play him yet.

>mfw excited to play against my second-favourite army

jetpacks are 2d6

All tzeentch demons are 3/4, I imagine all nurgle daemons are slow too. I played KDK yesterday and apparently bloodletters at least are I5, so I'm assuming most of their daemons are >=I5, and im assuming slannesh is the same way.

Of course. Cheers user.
This clearly means that I need to get to sleep.

Huh. That means against that one Nurgle LoW from FW, he'd have T9.

if that nurgle lord of war is initaitve 9, then yes, your correct.

>and apparently bloodletters at least are I5,
Nope. They're I4. Daemonettes are I5.
He lied to you, dude. Or he may have sincerely forgotten, it happens to all of us from time to time. I used to think all Plague Marines had Slow and Purposeful, because one guy told me they did and I believed it because it made logical sense that they would be

huh. Not that it makes a ton of difference. Knowing the guy, I'm more inclined to believe he just forgot/dismembered

to be fair cor'bax is a daemon prince

Breachers need devilfishes to move around, and with the new faq, they'll shoot snap shots after disembarking from a jinked devilfish. I rather use your newly-acquired crisis as your marine hunters instead of Breachers

Funny enough, our dark eldar player always thinks Crisis and Broadsides are T5. He shoots at them with venom weapons, so it doesn't matter much (I always tell him they're T4)

Looks like your fella should get a Tau 101 codex reading class.

I'll be taking drawing request !

So just came back from a long time is there anything new of note? Im interested in playing Black Templars because of there fluff are they even viable and do they have anything special? How can i make BT withought buying the overpiced upgrade sprues Jesus fucking christ Gw loves money.

>dismembered
Makes sense for Khorne/Slaanesh I guess

Lord of change

Who are you?

Admech Tech priest hugging a toaster!

A Thallax helm, with the left section cracked and showing portions of the skull inside.

r/ing a pic of a Striking Scorpion Exarch duelling with a Necron Overlord

This happened in my last-but-one game, the Exarch took a wound off but got utterly squished in retaliation. Funnily enough the wound was done with his mandiblaster, not the claw. Might make for a cool scene?

draw some elysian drop troops

Played a 1,500 point game Saturday. Dude was insulting Guardsmen and talking all shit about them and said he could beat my army in kill points. Beat him 8-2 and now he has too watch Starship Troopers cause that's what I modeled my infantry on. Credit to sick ass terrain is GW manager. What did you do this weekend Veeky Forums?

mind posting your armylist?

Did Abaddon finally die and get entombed in a Dread?

Best I could find. Scorpions are just being extra sneaky and you can't see them yet.

Congratz, man. Sometimes players need a humbling to enjoy the hobby more than the victory itself.

And I'm speaking as a humbled one.

Why not up their points and go the forge world route and give them

T4, fnp 6+, w2, platoons/squadrons and carapace armor?

God do I want 25 death riders as an allied formation for my mech guard.

Also I would love to pay for a regimental standard to give a squadron outflank.

>cause that's what I modeled my infantry

all i can see is black and gray and you didnt even bother to base your troopers

lazy

Kek, thanks user. Reminds me of another fight in the same game, pic related.

>Uhhh, Warlock? Don't suppose you 'foresaw' a way out of this one, did you?

Played against my buddy's Guardmen vs my Tzeentch Daemons in a 1000 pts

Was an absolute slaughter.. between my inability not to roll 6s, Slaanesh personally crippling two tanks turn one (destroying both main guns due to Dark Prince Thirst.), underestimating my willingness to do risky deep strikes, and his awful dice rolls it was kinda sad.

Between Nurgle's Rot and Slaanesh's Thirst they must of killed about 250 pts by themselves. Oh the fun of the Warp Storm

I am just a French drawfag, an owner of a lonely heart and swift hands
Where do you want the cracks ?
Eye socket ? Jaws ?
I'm on it, I'm starting with the thallax helm

Eshin grey for armor. Administratum grey for fatigues. It looks like black but really isn't. Working on basing just need to paint up another squad first.

>Lonely heart
I know that feel, based drawfriend. Thanks, you've made an Eldar newfag very happy.

I learned from my local tau fag that a riptide was to firing modes normal and super charged and only the second gets hot.

I like the burnt, ash covered trees. Nice touch.

I'll be real cool of you can provide a striking Scorpion exarch pic
Also Necron4lyfe

Could I get a Raven Guard scout getting destroyed from a D-Cannon from an AdMech Dominus? Preferably with a Skitarii Infiltrator corpse near the Dominus

Cracks would be where the left-eye would be, revealing a portion of the skull as well as an empty eye socket. Or an eye socket with an actual eye in there, for that extra but of grimdark.

I can go one better.

Sure thing, here ya go, you undead robot loving faggot jk, I love you man

What troops should I use for Khorne Daemonkin? Choices are Marines, Berserkers, Cultists and Bloodletters. No chosen or anything like that.

Also, am I wrong to find the chainaxe very underwhelming? ap 4 just doesn't seem worth 3 points per model.

I am very uneasy with space marines and skitarii despite liking those very much, I'm sorry user but can't do anything for you, I'll might try it but can't guarantee it will be good

...did those Guardsmen kill a squad of Termies? Fucking christ, adamantium balls indeed. I hope they all got promotions, or at least backstories and names.

If the Riptide has an Ion Accelerator, it has 3 modes.
The normal one is just 3 shots
The second one is the S8 pie plate, gets hot
The third one is nova-charged, S9 pie plate with ordnance and gets hot

If it has the chaingun, only the nova-charged profile has gets hot

Thallax are so cool. T5 3W Jetpack Infantry troops.

OH darn, that's fine!

>when u dab for the Emperor

Is that a spinal cord and heart?

why did they have to make skitarii/admech so lame and leave out almost all the actually cool stuff?