fighter is a simplistic, low-intelligence, high-strength class

> fighter is a simplistic, low-intelligence, high-strength class
> therefore he must be represented by a bestial black man

Can 5th edition be any more racist?

>I am a simplistic shitter
>therefore I must shitpost

I'm not seeing the "bestial" part.

Shut up stupid

I'm talking about how he is dressed like a primitive warrior.

In fact, D&D fighters have almost always been black or hispanic. This is because the D&D designers see fighters as simplistic meatheads, the same kind of jocks that beat them up in high school. As a result, they choose these large brutish men to rationalize their racism, and then make casters extremely powerful as a result, because "brains are better than brawn" and all that bullshit they tell the scrawny geeky kids to get them to stop committing suicide. It's ironic, too, because playing a fighter well in D&D requires ten times the intellect as playing a wizard well (which literally requires "show up and win")

Yet Wizards of the Coast is praised for encouraging you to play a transsexual in 5e. Interesting. I'm curious why there are no black wizards and clerics in the book, if they are so goddamn superior?

>primitive warrior
>steel weapons
>chainmail
>grieves with decorative repousse

That's literally nothing new.

Caster superiority as stemming from nerd insecurities is well known fact.

Primitive? I kinda see a combination of Zulu and Babylon in his gear, which sure as hell isn't primitive.

The irony in posting Regdar is that the artists were forced to create him (I think he was meant to be white because the artists tended not to draw white guys) and as a result *always* showed Regdar getting maimed, humiliated or otherwise defeated by whatever was in the illustration.

Wizards of the Coast hated that guy.

>Zulu
>Not primitive

They're one of the archetypal examples of the primitive civilization, user.

How can you be sure he's not of the intelligence-reliant Eldritch Knight subclass?

Babylon sure as hell isn't, which was the main part of my point, which in hindsight i should've elaborated.

The wizard is also a black dude, though. That's as high-intelligence low-strength as it gets.

The wizard is also bla
Oh
Oh i get it, fuck you.

That's obviously a warrior-aristocrat.

Look at his fine lamellar hauberk, silk sash, styled hair and jewellery.

I'm talking about primitive in the first picture. 5e came after 3.5 so they are simply reinforcing the stereotype.

In WotC's mind, fighters = niggers.

You sure it wasn't a subtle allegory for caster supremacy in 3.5?

I was also talking about the first picture

on closer inspection it looks like scale mail

Or are you saying he is primitive because he has dreads and is a black man?

Who is the real racist here, user? It's you. You are the racist.

OP sounds like the sort of person who thinks that any use of a loan-word outside of European languages is racist.
Probably North-American.
Probably thinks every Spanish-speaker is Mexican and an illegal immigrant.
Probably thinks that West Africa during the middle ages was a bunch of monkey-men running around in the jungle throwing shit at each other and not home to the wealthiest empire in the world at the time.
Probably thinks that during the colonial era a bunch of Africans were press-ganged into slavery rather than being sold to the colonial powers by their kings.

Either that or he's a shit-poster trying to get a rise out of some nerds on the internet.
Pic mostly unrelated, but here are some cool African swords.

...you mean OP's picture? The fighter has a steel longsword and steel armor, as well as a spear with a steel blade. It is decorated so as to look kind of Zulu/Sumerian, but the overall technology that went into making the stuff is certainly on-par with any other pseudo-Medieval culture in D&D.

Plus, as points out, the wizard is also black.

Holy fucking shit those swords are rad

The dreadlord of dreadlocks is a huge improvement on Redgar to be honest. That picture of him kicking those goblins to shit is great.

He's wearing intricate scale mail and plate boots, while wielding a 15th to 16th century sword. He's about as primitive as a knight in plate.

>Ngombe execution sword

>I'm curious why there are no black wizards and clerics in the book
>no black wizards
What's this then mate?

Execution swords don't have to be practical.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

>primitive warrior
No user you are the racist.

Yeah, I like the Zulu vibe he gives off, makes him seem like he's not just a brawler, but an honorable, skilled fighter who uses thought and strength together.

Pretty neato imo.

Redgar is white you fucking idiot. In fact, the reason he's killed so much in the art work is because wizards made them include a stereotypical white leader guy into the mix as an iconic despite already having an iconic dwarf as the fighter.

But this is bait, all of this is fucking bait.

A better question is why fighters are not both smart and good at sneaking/general adventuring stuff.

Fighters in stories and legends are cunning, able to rob tombs, trick people, sneak past enemies and all the rest while being good at combat. They are also often leaders and skilled tacticians.

It's an attempt to get a wider audience obviously. RPGs are a cheap way to have fun. Minorities are poor living in ghettos, so they're the perfect market for cheap entertainment.

Some, I assume, are good people.

Post central african throwing knives

They got really popular after introduction by sudanic warriors pushed south by Nilotic migration

You can totally be that in D&D 5E. You just gotta choose the right background.

>Redgar is white

Are you sure? He does not even look like a human.

I swear to god look it up

You'll notice in a lot of art work he is getting killed, falling into traps or something bad is general happening to him. It's because the writers resented wizards making them include "white leader guy" and overshadowing Thorek as the iconic fighter

You mean the hunga munga?
Nothing like a spinning mass of blades flying at you so fast that you shit yourself before the disc of physics tears you a new hole.

None of the 3.5 characters look like people. They're all malformed abominations of some kind or another.

That guy looks rad as fuck

>black wizard

Because shamans are cooler, and wizardy requires a written language, which only the Horn of Africa had.

>being this edgy

They all look kinda impractical desu. The Egyptian sword and the Somali sword are the only two that look well engineered in regards to weight balance.

Most of those swords were used in jungles or deserts where armour would be impractical due to the heat alone. Also, most of the curved blades in that picture are sickle swords (including the Khopesh).

Looks white to me.

Yes, one of the major artists wrote a huge article about how they hated Regdar and intentionally made him a joke because he was a forced white male character.

> black people do not look human

Welcome to the racism that Wizards of the Coast is trying to inject into the D&D community!

kek. well done

Lame

He's not black you fucking moron

2/10, apply yourself.

>Low intelligence fighers.

It's like you want to play a shitty character.

Yes, also could you point an ounce of effort in your shitposting at least? Make it somewhat entertaining instead of just vomiting /pol/shit

>I'm talking about how he is dressed like a primitive warrior.
>Primitive
What the fuck do you mean?

Honestly, this fighter looks pretty cool. I'd follow him into battle.

Not sure what's up with his shield/spear thing though.

and he has the same stupid easy to draw dreads. 5e has the most uninspired art

And every white prince or king has pretty much this hair style. It's just a fantasy thing.

>niggers
>intelligent

Look at the original photo I posted. He is definitely Hispanic at the very least.

10,000% troll

5e's art is still shit

Spear is good when out in the open or in long, straight corridors. Sword is good for closer-in fighting such as tight, curving dungeon corridors or within the bowels of the sailing ship. Then if the fighting gets TOO close, he's got his twin daggers.

This fighter is will prepared for anything that comes at him. All he's missing is a bow.

He probably generally wouldn't have both sword and spear out at the same time, but he's clearly posing for a picture and wants to look badass. And he is succeeding, sir.

>/pol/posters
>intelligent