...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Cyberweapons: What to get, how to hide and what to quickly get out of your mind.trid
>Bio vs Cyber: Episode 404 Special.sim
>StreetDoc list Seattle.txt
>Cyberzombies: Worth the price?.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1394 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Refund. Reason: I never asked for this'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dervish.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Street Sam Edition. How do you like 'em?
Bio or Cyber?
Fast or Strong?
Mundane or Awakened?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=shadowrun wiki nerps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do you like 'em?
Cyber, personally. Shame the system practically hates you for trying, though

Bio all the way. I usually play a mix between combat and face, so usually it's either edge or bio.

>* Running Dervish.BTL...

Damn fangirls. Back to the manga with you!

>Street Sam Edition. How do you like 'em?
>Bio or Cyber?
>Fast or Strong?
>Mundane or Awakened?
Does Street Samurai no longer refer to a chromed out angry man anymore? Last time I checked, it was a pretty specific term.

Does anyone have pictures of trolls being sneaky?
because searching for it I either got Sneakers (the shoes), trolls (shitposters) or the small fuzzy ones (with tumblr hair)

Because I'd really like to see pic related with a troll pulling it off

Any Idea for fixing it?

>Bio or Cyber?
>Fast or Strong?
>Mundane or Awakened?
prefer my shadowrun somewhere around 2050 or earlier i think.
So cyber all the way. Mundane, cause why else would you chop your limbs off? And as for fast or strong, I kind of like the unnaturally precise shooter kind of thing.

I always distinguish street samurai by two things
1) They are heavily augmented combatants. If you're an adept, you're not a street samurai (yes, bioadepts still count as adepts, cheesemonkeys).

2) They need a code. The amount of augments they have distance them from humanity, so they need something (maybe not an mechanical Code of Honour, but at least a similar devotion in the fiction) to help keep them grounded, rules they can fall back on to direct their behaviour and help them keep the humanity they have left.

Without a code, they're razorboys, they're thugs, they're muscle, they're gangers, they're anything but deserving of the name samurai.

the definition I personally use is "main role combatant with a focus on augmentation"
Augments can be Bio or cyber, they can be a walking tank or razor-(boy/girl) and while they should focus on augmentation there's nothing prohibiting adept powers as long as they are not the focus of the build.
An adept with only a Hand-of-God is not a street sam, but if he has multiple cyberlimbs, some headware and uses only a few adept powers he's a sammy

This however is only my personal definition

SO, last thread there were several non-connected runs listed...I'll compile these next for my Shadowrun resources pack.

>Any Idea for fixing it?
In 5e, I'd cut the costs of a chunk of the things and maybe lower the avail of a select few. Trying to be a cyberware-user, at this point, is almost as expensive as trying to be bioware but with the added drawback of you're basically on empty essence.

A lot of the problem is the wacky way cyberlimbs stats are calculated, and the wacky way they're applied to skill checks. If you just went back to the older-style system where a cyberarm gave you +1 STR (and a cyberleg gives +1 AGI) to your augmented total rather than calculating every limb separately and averaging them for everything, it would make limbs both more viable and easier to use.

It would also cut the price down for samurai starting out, because you wouldn't necessarily need to spend 100k nuyen on each limb for stat customization.

I prefer my street samurai strong, fast, extremely durable, and permanently on drugs.
>If you're an adept, you're not a street samurai (yes, bioadepts still count as adepts, cheesemonkeys).
What about cyber burnouts?

I'll post up the runs I have...

I think that's deliberate design. There's no rule saying you can take only cyber or only only bioware. You get bioware for expensive but low-essence straight boosts, and cyberware for the things that no meat can do (like grapple hands, crazy armour, big smuggling compartments, etc).

The only modification I use for cyberware regularly is to start limbs at the metatype base stats, because otherwise it's just ridiculously costly.

>cyber burnouts

Then you're a cyber burnout.

>I think that's deliberate design.
I know it is. The devs decided to ramp up the costs of everything in 5e as a balance issue, but they went too far with it.

And I know you don't have to go only cyber or bio, but seeing as chromed-up murderguy is one of the biggest archetypes of the setting, making it almost cost-inefficient is dumb

last of the ones I found in the last thread.

I suppose you could do that if you wanted to give the finger to physiology.

>What about cyber burnouts?

If they have enough cyber that their humanity is threatened, and they need bushido to keep them in check, then they count as street samurai.

Never met one at the table, never had to worry about it before.

An extra 1 strength per cyberarm isn't going to let you lift a car, dude. It would, however, streamline the system and make skill checks involving full-body movement like gymnastics or stealth require less number-crunching to determine which limbs apply to which test and averaging them.

>he doesn't pre-calculate the potential combinations of limbs to easily determine dicepools and aid speed of play

It's like your SR character sheet isn't even 5 pages, user.

I knew a guy in college who didn't play SR but would write up cheat sheets for characters...dual wielding, uneven cyberlimbs, with and without magic, split-pools, counters, force:drain on spells, hacking etc...

he was in graphical design course and smooth data management gave this guy a boner...

now if only players would simply fill out a plain, large-print data-sheet of all of their basic shit...the time of genuinely fast-paced play may finally come...

>now if only players would simply fill out a plain, large-print data-sheet of all of their basic shit...the time of genuinely fast-paced play may finally come...

Shadowrun is a game that clamours for a really good tablet app/computer program during play. Something to quickly switch out deck configurations and programs, to quickly handle changing conditions and wound penalties, to handle shifting background counts easily, etc.

I want it so bad

yeah...
well, perhaps if we clammor at the Chummer guy hard enough maybe we'll get something...does he have a patreon? a kickstarter?

>at the Chummer guy
you mean the Chummer 4 guy? or yekka?

this is actually a good question
yekka, do you have a patreon?

Yekka refuses money. And I wouldn't want to put this on him anyways; Chummer is a side project for a couple of guys on their off days.

This is the kind of thing that should be done by CGL, or rather a company like Roll20 or Beyond Tabletop or some real programming company, an official product with official support. It's time to step into the 21st century.

Plus Chummer's UI is pretty bland and ugly; the design focus is on parsing SR's insane rules, not a beautiful user experience. I'd want something that looked better than a Windows XP program.

>Does anyone have pictures of trolls being sneaky?
closest thing i got

>done by CGL
are you serious trogga?
>I'd want something that looked better than a Windows XP program
>not digging the retro look
I shiggy diggy doo

Not exactly but still grateful
thanks chumbalaia

I mean that CGL should be footing the bill. I did specify getting real programmers to actually do the work. I would have said Hero Lab, but they're not doing a stellar job so far.

>retro look

If I want retro styling, I don't want it too look like what's on a wage slave's monitor. I want Omae. That's my jam.

"Friendlier and more active, seeks attention, soft, hypoallergenic, and ITS FAVORITE FOOD CAN BE BOUGHT AT ANY LOCAL EVO "NEW FRONTIERS!!" petporium get your Silk SnekĀ© today and don't forget specially formulated Snek SnaksĀ© kibble to keep your new best friend healthy"

I'm planning a run where the group has to steal (or repossess after they have been stolen) the first viable pair of EVO's newest designer pet line along with all relevant data on them. (so depending on how I roll it they can either run for, or against EVO)

Does anyone have any great idea for curveballs to throw at a group of runners who are stealing cuddle thirsty, fluffy snakes?

>Does anyone have any great idea for curveballs to throw at a group of runners who are stealing cuddle thirsty, fluffy snakes?
There has to be a joke about electric sheep and replicant strippers in there somehow, but I can't figure it out.

They run into the stock creatures Sneks are derived from. including basilisks

One of the scientists working on the project planned to get one for his daughter's 8th birthday, 3 weeks before official rollout. He's taken some critical info and hidden it in his personal possessions. Possible double-twist: security discovers the missing pieces and tries to find it, putting the PCs in a quiet race to his office.

One of the Sneks falls in love with the decker. Can he set aside logic and the run, and learn to love a cuddly buddy?

Does this count?

It still refers to a chromed up fucker with a code of honour. People around here just use it for anything.

That ninja's hands are larger than his head jesus christ

The better to subdue you with, my dear.

love both of those ideas.

technically not a troll, but fuck it. Metatype Reduction exists for a reason
thanks chummer

Yup ... nfi on how you'd find stealthy trolls. Here's some robutt for your troubles. I hope you find it and post here.

There's three ideas there, chummer.

>Plus Chummer's UI is pretty bland and ugly
Function before form thanks

>Yekka refuses money
I used to do that for my hand-braided whips before people started literally throwing money and raw leather at me...shoot him a lump sum it might get him to try it.

So I asked this in the last thread but never got a conclusive answer: what kind of sniper rifles can fit in a large drone mount? (Specifically a Mini-zep.) Also, is there some kind of tag gun so that I can fire tags at people and use them to direct the drones to shoot the right things?

>Function before form thanks

I'm in the same camp for Chummer; it's workable and that's what is needed. But for a professional, official product, I have higher standards about the look of it.

Your conclusive answer is, "If you can convince the GM it's a hunting rifle, either because it's classed as a sporting rifle or it's obviously intended to be so, then it uses a large mount. Welcome to CGL editing."

>Also, is there some kind of tag gun
No, but there are tracker rounds you can load your guns up with. Page 55 of Run and Gun

> is there some kind of tag gun

If the drone has a LOS to the target, it should be able to place an ARO on it.

To be fair, that's sort of a corner case, all things considered.

The Street Grimoire, on the other hand... that's just unforgivable. It probably has the highest error-to-page ratio of any RPG book ever published.

It's a bad sign when the errata is several pages and doesn't address all the issues.

Too many fucking ellipses.

>not supporting true flow-of-consciousness style prose

guys, just let it be goddamn dude...

is that what its called?

You could call it that. I think the official name for the stylistic device is Stream-of-consciousness, though.
I am currently slightly distracted by the wonders of those Amazon.com button thingies that order stuff over wifi.

Can my runner have one of those for NERPS in his flat?

No. It's called shitty punctuation and poor writing, especially in your case 'doesn't capitalize or use normal periods for some reason'-user.

>NERPS
The hell is a NERPS

lmgtfy.com/?q=shadowrun wiki nerps

Nipple Eraser Resource Personel Service

New Eradication Rat Piss Spray

Not Every Role Player Sucks

>Still uses Let Me Google That For You in 2016

What an ass.

Nascent Embarrassment Redirection Professional Solutions

>still asking questions dumb enough to need lmgtfy you in 2016

Here's the thing: I'm time-poor, not money-poor. Donations, while appreciated, are essentially useless to me and present a headache in terms of how I split that money up between the current development team.

I've considered doing a Patreon, but unless I was able to get enough income to do things like hire a UX/UI guy to review the layout (not cheap, generally a huge hassle to work with unless they're familiar with how the application is used) the odds are relatively low that I'd be able to make enough money to justify the extra effort in maintaining patreon rewards. Also no idea how the hell I'd implement reward tiers or whatever.

The closest I'll probably get to directly accepting donations is putting up an affiliate link to drivethru, as that would directly give me credit I can use to buy the books as they come out and get updates. Even that I'm super leery about doing it.
>Deck Configurations and programs
You can already switch ASDF attributes around in career mode; program loadouts wouldn't be super hard to implement. Raise it as an issue on the github and I'll get to it once I finish refactoring the Options interface.
>Background counts
Is part of the Player Dashboard, which was disabled because it's buggy as fuck and I had other priorities at the time. One of my players used to use custom improvements to manage it, but I think the current setup for custom improvements won't play nice with that.
It's a bad sign when the reprinted book that was advertised as having new errata didn't include all the existing errata.

Don't go towards the light.

You can't stop me!

If a rigger is jacked into a vehicle, can a decker with restart it and dumpshock the rigger?

Not a command, it's a warning.

So, is there any way we can help you help us? Aside from reporting bugs, I mean,

DNI commands trump remote commands.
The major one really is just raising bug reports and enhancement requests. We'd really love to have an interface guy and/or more feedback on how to make the application more understandable, because as is we've got our hands in up to the elbows in the code so it just makes sense to us.

The only actual UI bug I've noticed is that if you try to mark a character as "created" and they have skill group choices left, it will incorrectly tell them that they have special attributes remaining instead.

Is there any way to increase the speed in which drugs activate?

I'm wanting to make my guy have, effectively, a squirt bottle of DMSO and Zen, so he can just Squirt people when they are getting "too heated" or "losing their shit" or "Freaking out over nothing"

But, a 5 minute activation time is a bit long.

Hey yekka, is there any ETA on when/if the drone modification system from Rigger 5.0 will be added to Chummer? They currently use only the vehicle modification system, and I'm pretty sure that's not right.

Would that be the mod point shit? I think one of the other devs was working on that in his own branch but may have stopped working on it. I haven't heard from him in a while, I'll look it up.
Short of GM fiat, no.
Whups. I'll fix that when I get home.

Yeah, the mod points and such. Drones are supposed to be using that system - with its drone arms and different weapon mounts and such - not the vehicle mod system. Chummer as it stands doesn't really properly support non-vehicle drones.

>Is there any way to increase the speed in which drugs activate?
Yes, an infuser thing from Bullets and Bandages. It requires hooking someone up to an IV, though.

Yeah you've got it the wrong way round: I want to place tags on things so the drones don't need LOS, not the drones tagging things so I don't need LOS. That way, I can have a bunch of sniper drones in the sky shooting through buildings at anyone I tag.

If you're close enough, just slip a tag in their pockets.

Problem for me, at least, is that any kind of official program will inevitably be SR5, which isn't my jam. If someone ever decided to make a SR2 or SR3 program, that'd be pretty wiz.

As was mentioned before, I believe, you can shoot things with tracker bullets. Even if they don't do damage to the target, they can get stuck in armor and work functionally like a stealth tag.

Can someone please explain how Concealment works?

Does it work against tech? Sensors? Spirits?

My plan at the moment is to finish refactoring the options interface, then start on setting up the optional rules so that they actually work as intended. A lot of the time at the moment Chummer just does a grab-bag of every optional rule is enabled from the start, which causes a bunch of problems. My eventual plan is for optional rules to be attached to the sourcebooks, so when you enable Hard Targets the rule for getting free Matrix subscriptions is enabled and you can turn that on or off as you want. I have a suspicion I'm biting off more than I can chew, but we shall see.

That's not how fire sprinkler systems work. Reee.

Hey anyone else have a problem with Chummer not correctly accepting gear toggled as free? It adds it and just still takes the cash from the sum total

So reading the path of the samurai in Run Faster

>Justice guides the samurai's hand, compelling the samurai to act against those who would hide behind a law or to punish those who would break one

...How the fuck can a runner believe that and still be a fucking runner? Isnt breaking laws their bread and butter?

Career or creation? What kind of gear item?

Mixture of bio and cyber!
Focus on tanky and fast.
Mundane.

Also, does anyone know of any essential sort of street sam upgrades one should take for improving dice pools?

I currently have a sort of purposely gimped street sam elf with 4 cyber limbs because I like that idea. She's got anywhere from 14-18 dice for unarmed combat depending on using martial arts, touch-attacks and so forth, 8 body and 28 armor, 7 agi 6 rea 4 int, 10+2d6 for initiative. Is this a good enough dice pool, or am I seriously missing out on things? Kind of new, here.

Is it possible to make a character that uses trained animals to do things?

That depends, if you let drones count as trained animals, then yes (see: Ares Cheetah). If not, then I don't know.

>What is Hooding?

>...How the fuck can a runner believe that and still be a fucking runner? Isnt breaking laws their bread and butter?
by cherry-picking the laws that apply

>squatting ass to grass with shit ankles.jpg

Creation, just doling out some minor freebies and tested with basically anything under street gear and vehicles.

Intended to just hand out some minor personal items for a couple players for free since it's nothing too big.

Career works just fine, just checked. Can hand out whatever.

>laws
>necessarily reflecting justice
justice is defined by the hand that claims it

Plus prioritizing:
A little B&E and light theft, plus a few dead bodies here and there, is perfectly justifiable if it means you manage to bust a Bunraku ring.

So..in short

>fuck the laws stealing from corps is robin hood style justice

Alright GM's, how do you whip up things for your players to shoot/stab etc? I will if i have to but i'd rather not go through and stat all my mooks. (i suck with numbers)

You're doing just fine, omae. The main thing you should look at now is boosting your Initiative a little more, if you have any Essence left.

If you're running too low on Essence, though, the Narco gene mod and some pharmaceutical-grade Jazz can really help supplement that where important.

Anything in the teens is usually enough for combat skills. Anyone using automatic weapons can get by with a bit less if they have enough recoil comp.

Your initiative is a bit low for a combat-focused character, but that's a very normal consequence of blowing a bunch of essence on cyberlimbs. Outside of augs, your two main options are drugs and edge, which work as something to use in a pinch (but of course that require your initiative to otherwise be good enough, which 10+2d6 probably is).

If you want to try and squeeze more initiative out of your essence, your options are reaction enhancers + synaptic accelerator, and the synaptic booster. Both of which are considerably more expensive than your WR 1.

If you want to go hard on drugs, a nephritic screen and implanted auto-injectors are effective and fairly affordable. The Narco genemod is an option, but isn't at all necessary.

Well, when you think about it, how many laws does a single corp break in a single day anyway?

Your own transgression will amount to a drop of water compared to the ocean of shit that megacorps get up to, so why NOT stick it to them?

Thanks, I'll check that out! Main thing is that I took synaptic booster so I don't drain my essence too much, which means that even with 450k starting money I'm basically bankrupt after everything and setting at 0.6325 essence with biocompatibility.

Didn't get WR 1, actually, I got synaptic boosters so I could at least have over half a point of essence by the end. I do have 4 edge, though! I'll check out the nephritic screen and auto-injectors, although I might have to hold out on those until later because I literally have $14 left after character creation.