Unboxing thread

Just came in, let's see what it is, shall we?

Nah, that'd just spoil the mystery.

Well get on with it OP. I can't wait all night for dragon dildos.

This. Better to leave it unopened and thus a wellspring of hope, potential, and mystery, than to open it and destroy all sense of wonder.

If this is what I think it is, oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Those look to thick to be cards. Are they board pieces of some kind?

It is! Any guesses?

Unfortunately, it's nothing you can kill yourself with.

Well not necessarily, I guess I could stuff the bags down my throat and see if I choke on them, lemme try it... oh wait, I see what you did there! Almost got me you sneaky git!

The dying screams of your mother's hope that you will one day bring grandchildren into her life.

Who are we kidding? Those hopes died long ago.

I think it's a
I mean it looks like some ...
okay what the fuck is it

Awesome. It came.

Nah, it can't be that. She's already enjoying the 2 I gave her.

I honestly wasn't expecting the quick start book to be this big, but it's nice for my bookshelf.

I'll be laying out all the bag contents and photoing them.

All the bases. I never liked the look of hex bases, and since the game doesnt use a hex grid anymore, I don't see the purpose behind them. So I will be mounting them on rounds. Round4life

Legit disappointed no dragon dildo. Grats though, op

It's cool. I am sure there are a lot of legit disappointed its not boxes of little cardboard squares as most unboxings ive seen are MTG threads.

Here are all the southern gears.

Dragon dildo?

The last round we got creepy furry shit. That was as entertaining as it was cringeworthy to behold. Once we got regular dildos, but no dragon dildos.

No, user. Not today. Perhaps now tomorrow, either. Someday, though. Someday...

Here are the CEF frames and hovertanks.

Always loved the Heavy Gear aesthetic like nothing else, but haven't ever been interested in it as a game. Neat seeing tiny gears on sprues though.

Same here really. I've been a fan of the setting and read a few of the manuals for fun, but until the plastics kickstarter came along, this is the first time I will start actually playing the game. I have a deep abiding hatred for metal minis.

Here are all the northern minis. These are mah boys. I love the whole religious fanatics vibe with the North.

And finally the Caprice Mounts. These are soooo damn cute!

That's it, guys. I am so excited about this package. I'm going to repose the shit out of these minis.

The gritty look and mechs not being the be-all end-all military vehicle is pretty rad.

Good luck with assembling.

That's one of the things I love most about it. That gears havent replaced tanks or infantry, but fill the battlefield role gap between the 2.

Really tempted to get into Heavy Gear after seeing this. It really reminds me of a game I used to love as a kid; Gungriffon Blaze.

I can see it sharing similarities with gungriffon. The gears are smaller though, but they skate around on the sands using a secondary movement system, which is represented in the rules as well.

GG Heavy Gear. You beat Robotech by at least a few decades.

Heavy gear, like any good Western mecha settings, stole heavily from an anime (victims), like battletech stole heavily from robotech.

I was talking about kickstarter delivery. Uncle Kevvy blew all the kickstarter jewgolds and hasn't completed delivery of the goods. They pretty much have quit giving updates because they get shat on by the angry backers when they do and their fee-fees get hurt.