Warhammer 40,000 general

Blood angles edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Questoris_Knight_Magaera.pdf
wargameexclusive.com/product-category/greater-good/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Wile E Coyote Marines.

Why not give it something else, that's a bit more balanced, and doesn't further promote and legitimize OP bullshit? Like an invul save. Orks need more of those, right?

So the Death Company Chaplain is an HQ choice that comes with crozius, artificer armor, inferno pistol, and jump pack?

You could make it more powerful and make it a 4++ instead sure.

Any Anons from Atlanta that can point me to a good FLGS down here?

Reminder that its more than likely nothing.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>Bs2
>S3
>ld7
>6+
>They're really fired up!

First for new Orks when

Sure, why not. As long as it isn't stacking FnP, because that's pure bullshit no matter who has it.

After new Tyranids.

Never
Everything but tau, Imperium (except SoB), dameons, eldar and crons squatted when?

>Tau are a shooting race!
>BS3

FnP is strictly worse than an invulnerable save, because it can't be taken against Instant Death or Strength D weapons.

Barring wired points and rules changes, this looks like it might actually be pretty fun providing the rules hold. I'm now pretty jazzed I can use my whole collection more coherently. Now I need to fit in my tanks and I'm golden.

+++ Blood Angels Death Company Strike Force (1745pts) +++

++ Codex Adeptus Astartes: Blood Angels (2016) (Formation Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Blood Angels Warlord Traits

+ Formation +

Chapter Ancients
Dreadnought
Dreadnought [Twin-linked Autocannon, Twin-linked Autocannon]
Furioso Dreadnought
Furioso Dreadnought [Frag Cannon, Smoke Launchers]
Power Fist [Meltagun]
Librarian Dreadnought
Librarian Dreadnought [Psychic Pilot (Mastery Level 2), Technomancy]
Drop Pod
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Power Fist [Storm Bolter]

Death Company Strike Force
Death Company Chaplain [Crozius Arcanum, Inferno Pistol, Jump Pack]
Death Company Dreadnought [Smoke Launchers]
Blood Talons [Heavy Flamer, Meltagun]
Drop Pod
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Death Company Squad
10x Death Company Marine [8x Bolt Pistol, 9x Chainsword, 2x Hand Flamer, 10x Jump Pack, Power Sword]
Death Company Squad
10x Death Company Marine [10x Bolt Pistol, 7x Chainsword, Power Axe, 2x Power Sword]
Drop Pod
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Death Company Squad
5x Death Company Marine [3x Bolt Pistol, 4x Chainsword, 2x Hand Flamer, 5x Jump Pack, Power Sword]

Leaders of the Angelic Host
Command Squad
Company Champion [Jump Pack]
Sanguinary Novitiate [Jump Pack]
3x Veteran [3x Chainsword, 3x Jump Pack, 3x Plasma Gun]
Librarian [Biomancy, Combi-plasma, Force Sword, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack, Krak Grenades, Psyker (Mastery Level 2)]

Simple.
Take the Irons hands chapter tactics.
>Their proliferation of bionics renders them nigh unstoppable
They're cyborgs, this gives that a 6+ FnP/FnP+1

Orks have an upgrade that make them in to cyborgs, this grants them... FnP +1.

It's a running theme in the shitty codexes to have what a good army has only worse.

But FnP can be taken after other saves making it better than an invulnerable save in many situations.

The issue isn't FnP being better, it's that
A) the rules are very clear that FnP doesn't stack unless stated other wise
And
B) the existing stacking FnP is bullshit (namely smashfucker), and as such, it should be done away with, not normalized with the inclusion of more stacking FnP.

>FnP better than Invulnerable saves

So the reason is one of the very few exceptions I noted, and the exact exception I've said shouldn't even exist?
Ok, got you.

>A model with a 3+ armour save and a 5+ invulnerable save
>A model with a 3+ armour save and a 5+ FnP
Which is harder to kill with bolter fire?

See

>pasted directly from battlescribe

kys

Oh well if you've said it shouldn't exist then then fair enough.

BUT IT DOES EXIST

THEN GET RID OF IT, DON'T BEG FOR EVEN MORE

Gigabytes in Marietta's seemed pretty cool when I've been up there. So has Raven's Nest, but it caters a bit more to magick. Nicer folks though, I do all my buying there even if I play mostly at Gigabytes.

>kys
Can't do that, my man. Too hyped for Blood Angels. Would be a waste of good models. I think I feel me eight Dreadnought and five tanks "Unbound" list making a legal comeback.

Orks are supposed to be tough

What can we do to make them more tough?

How about -1 str of all shooting against them

>A model with 6+ AS and a 5+ invulerable Save
>A model with 6+ AS and a 5+ FnP
Which is harder to kill with bolter fire?

applying your example to marine equivalents is idiotic as the topic at hand is Orks, nice try though

Cybork and +1 FNP
Maybe sense of stone should be a +1 FNP too.
But a 4p+ riptide is probably slightly stronker competitively than a 4p+ grotsnik.

6+ FNP as standard, stacks with painboys and cybork.

Ramshackle should be a 4+ and standard on all ork vehicles

>But a 4p+ riptide is probably slightly stronker competitively than a 4p+ grotsnik.
It's logically equivalent. Why should your FnP stack but not theirs? After all, stim injectors make sense of stone useless! GW PLS FIX NOW! :^)
like I said, I'm not opposed to orks having FnP stack, I'm opposed to any example of FnP stacking.

There are a lot of Ork players here, huh?

>But a 4p+ riptide
If p+ is FnP, it can only go to 5+ for any Tau stuff

Ramshackle should be the d3 table for when the vehicle explodes, turning pens into glances is near completely useless on all vehicles that cost

>Orks
A model with a 6+ armour save and a 5+ invulnerable save for themselves and anyone standing withing 12" of them
A model with a 6+ armour save and a 5+ FnP that causes the model to lose an extra wound on the roll of a 1.

Yes, now go buy an Ork army, play some games and come back to complain, OR GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ORK 40K GENERALLL RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>this autist

Orks are the best army

every time i see orks in a game i hope they win

So Orks are weaker than.... cultists?

Reposting, based on earlier feedback.

==Black Crusade Detachment==
Free VOTLW is always nice
=Chaos Warband=
Note: Everything in this formation is Obsec.
Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bike, Power Fist, Sigil of Corruption - 150 [Warlord]
Chaos Sorcerer w/ ML 2, Bike, Force Axe, Spell Familiar - 120
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol/CCW, rest have Bolt Pistol/CCW - 97
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol/CCW, rest have Bolt Pistol/CCW - 97
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
3 Bikers, replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Meltabombs - 85
3 Bikers, replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Meltabombs - 85
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
5 Havocs, 4 Autocannons - 115
=Spawn Auxiliary=
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle - 72
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle - 72
==Daemon Ally Detachment==
=HQ=
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc - 70
=Troops=
12 Horrors - 108
Total Points: 1850

Army Notes: The Lord joins one unit of you-know-whats, while the Sorcerer joins the other unit. The Horrors/Herald roll on Malefic. Thanks to the Draft FAQ, they get both Psychic Focus and Chaos Psychic Focus. I get three chances to roll for the powers I really want (Cursed Earth, Sacrifice, and I'm ok with the Herald getting Dark Flame).

I prefer to take units in doubles, so I can either split the army into two self-contained "cohorts" of:
-2 Units of "Line Infantry" (Melta Chaos Marines)
-1 Unit of "Rifle" Infantry (Chosen)
-1 Unit of Light Cavalry: (Bikers)
-1 Unit of Heavy Cavalry: (HQ + unnameable things)
-1 Unit of "Artillery": (Havocs)

Weaker than nurgle marked cultists it seems.

>There is a parallel universe where CSM, Tyranids and Dark Eldar are top tier
>If you play Orkz you're a cheesemongering WAAC-fag
>0din wrote an Eldar fandex to fix how terrible they are

>>There is a parallel universe where CSM, Tyranids and Dark Eldar are top tier
>>If you play Orkz you're a cheesemongering WAAC-fag
Don't be ridiculous. That could never happen

To go even further,

>CSM are the posterboys instead of Ultrasmurfs

>0din
>Not space l0ki

Good point, user. I should've thought it out better.

If I buy the Carapace Armour upgrade for my command squad veterans, is it okay to use Militarum Tempestus models to represent them?

How could I model them to be different from regular Militarum Tempestus?

>charging anything with basic CSM

good luck

On another note
>chosen with 2 plasma guns
Why not just give them to the whole squad? Otherwise your points would be better invested in suicide Raptors with 2x PG + Combi.

My nigger

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Paint them differently from your normal MT and don't give them hotshot lasguns.

I just realised something, technically the Genecults are unnanounced. There's just that teaser that doesn't actually announce anything.

>Space Marines just received new formations in the new supplement "Loyalist's Fury"

We can go all night.

I bought some Tau in the past to paint in a few bundles, kept trying to get into the game and never did. Now I want to.

I have a Sniper Team, a fuckload of Fire Warriors, two groups of three Stealth Suits, like three or four regular Suits with I don't know what for bits, the XV-81, a Riptide in the box, Shadowsun, two Devilfish (one has no Drones but has that long cannon upgrade thing on top), a Piranha, and I want that Ghostkeel thing because it looks cool. Plus a bag of Drones of some kinds I dunno, and that third party mini of the Tau pinup girl.

What else do I need?

I have no clue anything of this game rulewise yet, and don't want any non-Tau models if I don't have to. Tau like the race, meaning no Kroot or humans.

Go ahead. I can kepping laughing.

Haven't heard of Raven's Nest; I'll check it out.

Can I just pick up a game at Gigabytes, or do people just plays leagues/tournaments?

>The Tau suffered EXTREME losses in the Damocles Gulf because of the Imperium's superior zeal towards their leaders
>Eldrad actually managed to summon Ynnead back while Artemis escaped with a boo boo

How I see Orks:
I2: They wield an ax and are far from subtle. You can see an ork winding up for a swing a mile away.
WS4: They aren't skilled, but they're so strong blocking their swing is virtually impossible. You dodge or you die.
Str5: They hit guardsmen and the guardsmen go flying.
T5: Redundant biology makes them tough as balls.
Ld6: They don't listen to anyone

Fearless in close combat: Orks do not run from melee!
Fearless when 20 wound's worth of models are within 12" (the unit's own guys included): The only way to stop the tide is to kill it until their's hardly any left.

All the Eldar are dead in this universe. I'm satisfied, no matter how terrible everything else is.

Ork boyz don't qualify for S/T 5

That doesnt really help shooting orks

How about +1 ld for every wound they cause in the shooting phase

Boyz should be s/t 4, nobz 5, warbosses 6, and warlords (LoW) 7

Oh, that's shootah's stats. Keep all the same, but +1 attack on ALL Ork infantry weapons. +2 During a Waaaagh!

Do you already have a group? What armies do they play? Do you know if they're more beer & pretzels (casual) or tournament dogs?

This is what happens when you play an NPC race.

You get REALLY FIRED UP

Filthy dumb frogposting scum

You can probably get a pickup there. Whenever I go it's with a gaming group of friends, so not much experience there.

You need some pathfinders, guys with short guns and might be metal. These give you markerlights. Aside from them you don't need anything extra to play the army, you've got a decent tau army.

sounds like you have enough for a decent army but not a full cheese army which im my opinion is good. arguably i didn't see you say that you had many pathfinders which you will need to use for markerlights.

Honestly, I think Orks should have FNP as their main save because they're tough as shit. Have them lose it to Flamer and Soul Blaze weapons because fire. Boyz have a chance to shrug off all but the most devastating weapons because deys fightin, and bigger Orks need bigger guns. A war boss is the biggest and toughest ork around and needs many big hits to drop.

Maybe have an item to give +1FNP, but have it affect all units in like 6 inches, friend and foe because it makes everyone want to keep fighting.

>Orks so shit they buff THE OTHER ARMY

You cant make this shit up

>Have them lose it to Flamer and Soul Blaze weapons because fire.
It's fucking hilarious how ork players always hamstring themselves even when making fantastical rules up. Space Odin has so far been the only one not to go full retard.

I know right. Ork players are so used to being shit, that they can't even fathom being good. Just can't teach an old Ork new tricks.

Has anyone here made their own custom tables?
Not like a 6x4 with some terrain like an actual themed table with fixed terrain and such?
One of the regulars at my flgs is doing one and it looks awesome

Except. I'm not an ork player. I wasn't sure if giving every model FNP would be too much.

no, but my lgs has a few.

There's a group at the place I play WFB at, they're the same sort. Alternate between hardcore gaming and b&p play.

Googled what Pathfinders look like, I know there's some in the Fire Warriors but I don't know how many.

This guy -> again.

Ok, in addition to the original proposed stats and the +1 attack to the shooty weapons, I'll give you a 6+ invuln save that can be increased by Docs.

Also, and this is very important, Orks are now 5 points instead of 6. Guardsmen cheaper than orks? I know life is the emprah's currency but orks literally pop up like weeds!

honestly I don't play orks but I think that you all could get Str 4 because you are nothing but a big pile of fungus, muscles, and wagh.

but as for major buffs I thing orks should have energy shields. In the lore orks have tons of energy shield cause worry'in bout radiation and shit is for grots and humies.

equally your energy shields should increase in size based on ork size and at a certain point should start giving off radiation effects like the skitarri vanguard radium rifles but for melee.

>5PPM for a S/T5, fearless, 2A, I2, WS4 model with a 6++ and FnP.
Good God man, you've gone in the complete opposite direction now. They're fucking orks, they shouldn't be more terrifying then space marines.

effectively your markerlights in groups of 5 will shoot laser lights at the enemy if they succeed other units can do shit like removing cover or upping your BS4 skill.

Alright, I've got a boner for Admech and some extra money. I've decided that a knight seems like a fun project, and the Knight Magaera from Forgeworld has really caught my eye. So two questions;

1- is it decent? I know all Knights are good and I'm buying mostly for the model, but I don't want something that never leaves the shelf. Anyone have a pdf of the rules or how they stack up?

2- would you play with/against it? There's a couple of waacfags at my LGS that insist you can't bring 30k stuff or even Forgeworld models, but most everyone else is okay with it. Is that commonplace or just assholes being assholes?

yes, yes just be reasonable about who you're fighting

do we have leaks of the new blood angel shit?

Man, I'm gonna beg for a pdf or mobi of this Damn book until the mega gets updated or I find a torrent on a site that doesn't ask you to "make an account"

Hm, that complicates things a bit. A hardcore group would ask you to buy more Riptides, some Stormsurges, etc, while a easygoing group would let you field vehicles.

Well, let's see:
XV81 - could be your Commander
Crisis - 2x2 or 1x2, 2x1 with same weapons on each model and unit. I'd advise missile pods, melta or plasma (cyclic ion blaster is a bitch to get a hold of its bits)
Riptide - your centerpiece. if there are a lot of marines, put the ion accelerator. if not, put the chaingun
Stealth Suits and (future) Ghostkeel - perfect for the Optimised Stealth Cadre, a dedicated vehicle hunter (and anything dependent on cover). If you manage to grab 3 Ghostkeels, you're sold!
Firewarriors - they can grab objectives and ride on the devilfish, as also providing firepower
Devilfish with long cannon upgrade - aka Hammerhead, a full-fledged unit. If you have the shorter weapon, it's better

With this stuff you have, you can make a Hunter Cadre, a formation in the new codex. The Optimised Stealth Cadre would be its Auxiliary, netting you the use of the Hunter Contingent bonuses!

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Questoris_Knight_Magaera.pdf
>better vs MCs than vs MEQs
>has IWND and funky -1 strength/-2 strength vs template and blast shield
>best served rushing/breaking battlines ranks

Also it's probably one of the least "complaint worthy" FW knights so I'd personally be okay with fighting one.

Judging by the images, I'd say he's aiming not for a cheese army, but a cheesecake army.

Here, user.
wargameexclusive.com/product-category/greater-good/

>Ossifiers can now be taken 4 to a Wrack Squad
>24", Fleshbane, AP2, Assault 1
>Now does d6 S:Model killed Toughness AP2 to unit if they kill a model
>Deals D3 AP2 Instant Death wounds to monstrous/Gargantuan creatures if they wound
Dark Eldar fixed y/n?

When they addin their warp spider?

I'm considering buying pic related and splitting the box with my filthy loyalist friend (I play CSM, he's SM).

Are the knights in the box a good deal, or are we better off getting them somewhere else?

Damn, they really updated the range since I last looked at it. Those pulse rifles look nifty, and I would paint the shit out of "Far Taker" as a Cadre Fireblade.

Better make your mind up soon, my local redshirt said that the printing run for that box is done and it'll be hard to find one.

No dude, here's my thought.
>All Orks are T4/S4/FnP 6+
>Cybork adds 1 to FnP and a 5+ Invuln for 10 points
>Doks add 1 to entire units FnP, makes all Cyborks reroll 1's on FnP and Invulns
>Doks Stack
There.

Any rumors of an ork release on the horizon?

never

>Doks Stack
>3 in a unit makes them 2+ FnP
Y'know, I like it. Make them impossible to refuse challenges. The only way to stop them is to outright kill the stubborn 400 pounds of fungus and muscle.

>Better make your mind up soon, my local redshirt said that the printing run for that box is done and it'll be hard to find one.

My local shop has like 6 of them still.

Forge World has an Imperial Armour coming out soon. It's Orky in that it's kinda cobbled together 30k AdMech and 30k SM vs 41k Tau, but other than that it has no relation to orks.

I understand that they'll be in DoW3, though.