Games like dnd that arent d20 or that are faster...

Games like dnd that arent d20 or that are faster, i am looking for a game where there is the possibility to have spells at first level and use a sword at the same time, currently looking at:

Savage worlds: looks good but i dont know if combat feels right, but yeah it looks hella faster

Mutants and Masterminds 3e: I dont find the caracter creation hard but the game reminds me of a hero oriented 3.5

Anima: not fast enough

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KA1DHRRL!MGkoDoBdnehHG7D2iXOwXQ!3IlCxIiJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What you want is REIGN: ORE system so it's mighty fast, designed from the ground up for medieval fantasy games with magic and shit.

DnD 3.5 Player's Handbook 2

Class: Duskblade

Reign gave me the impression it was more about dirt peasants , what can you tell me about ORE?

looks good but i am tired of dnd(the system)

... what?

Reign is about any and all kinds of characters from all walks of life. The random chargen options have everything from galley slaves to bards to chefs to cobblers to noble byblows, and its possible to mix and match the options they give you at make a decent backstory for your character. In addition, Reign introduces the Company ruleset, which allows you to work as part of, or even rule over, companies of varying sizes - from cults in Deliverance-tier villages to continent-spanning empires.

ORE itself is a dice pool system where you're looking for matched sets - so pairs, three-of-a-kind, four-of-a-kind, etc. Height generally determines the quality of success, while width generally determines the speed of the success. The height also determines hit location, which can lead to some wonky things in combat with headshots being very difficult to dodge or otherwise avoid (as a Height of 10 is the hitbox for the head, and to defend against an attack you have to match or exceed the height and width of the attack).

Fantasy Age but remove the class system and make it a PB system like GURPS. Should be easy enough to do with a little reading and you can make any combo of whatever you want between Warrior/Rogue/Mage

Ironclaw might suit you.

Combat is fast. It doesn't use levels, but sword+magic is a viable thing to do at character creation. Just grab one of the magic using careers, put some of your skill points into melee combat and grab a sword with your starting equipment. Though the rod that all magic careers start with is a better melee weapon than the swords you can get at character creation, while also letting you counter attack with your spells.

If you want to use white magic (healing/anti-undead magic), you could pick a Paladin for your career. That is designed for melee and magic, and you start with a sword that lets you counter attack with magic like a rod does.

There is no falling mechanic for Paladins.

is it furry?

Fantasy Age is way funner than it has any right to be. And it has a sword mage specialization you can take.

Horribly.

But you don't have to make it weird furry. Just animal people games.

Shit. Shave the book and I might actually play that.

Always consider Fate if you want a story. It requires player participation in the narrative and is pretty abstract though.

Band of Bastards and Song of Swords are detailed, gruesome hack-and-slashers. They're also in beta and pretty detailed, maybe too slow.

Grim World (PbtA) might be an option? It's very freeform and rules-light. Character creation is fast. There's enough material for a short gothic-horror style game in the core book. The classes are all interesting in some way as well- a skirmisher who uses an ally as bait, or a slayer who suffers from murder withdrawal.

There's several ways he can get the desired result in 4E as well.

Ryuutama, Make You Kingdom, Tenra Bansho Zero, Legend, 13th Age, among others.

I remember some user saying that going by the "classic" definition of gish, essentially every non-martial weapon using class is a gish, since they have a magical power source + use a melee weapon. Even just using the arcane classes as base, basically all of them can be built with sword in hand.

Disney's Robin Hood furry.

ORE is not fast at all

What you can tell me about TBZ and myok,also what others?

For starters, I can tell you that the short form of Make You Kingdom is either MYK or Mayokin.
Other than that, you'll have to ask more specific question, because I have too much to tell.

As for others, there's Dungeons the Dragoning, Super Console, Beyond the Wall and more.

Dice resolution
Combat, is it fast?

Also a pdf would be good

TBZ:

>Resolution Mechanic
D6 pool. Stat determines pool size, skill determines success threshold. Extensive use of RP-based meta-currency under player control to modify rolls.

>Combat
Fairly detailed, but relatively fast due to a reverse death spiral and a lack of whiffing.
Every attack is an opposed roll, with the winner dealing damage to the defender. Only on a tie nothing happens.

MYK:

>Resolution Mechanic
2D6 + Modifier vs. TN

>Combat
Rather abstract. Battlefield is divided into six zones, which may have special properties. Ranged attacks require light from nearby allies.
Simple enough to be fast, but whiffing can be a problem.

PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!KA1DHRRL!MGkoDoBdnehHG7D2iXOwXQ!3IlCxIiJ