Kaladesh Spoiler Thread

W
Enchantment Rare
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your opponent's control, you gain 1 life.

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=240014
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/exclusive-cards-planeswalker-decks-2016-09-13
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Standard White hatebears going to be a thing?

What all would go in that Thalia, this, maybe white gearhulk, what else?

>mono-red's faces when

Development sure loves to dick on red.

But honestly if I was a dev I'd totally do the same, White is best color.

Gideon, Always Watching, Subjugater Angel, Aetherstorm Roc

Selfless spirit too probably.

Have we seen the Red Gearhulk yet?
Is it shit?

Only good in mono-red Artifact EDH.

How good?

worst keyword choice: First strike
worst red mechanic choice: punisher mechanics
and made it 6 mana. The P/T are right for 6 mana, but the rest is really bad.

>one drop
>that effect
What the fuck? Why does it seem like White is getting so much good shit right now?

At least it got the best expedition artwork of the gearhulks.

But user, you said creatures were too powerful, so we printed a way to make them weaker.

it's not that amazing, because it still costs a card, and unlike Thalia doesn't provide you the ability to do anything proactive.

It might be a sideboard card if aggro becomes a thing. Which it might, we need to see what a few more of the red low drops are before we know.

>this kills the aggro deck

However, against most aggro decks, namely red, enchantment hate is non-existent. That fucker isn't getting off the table any time soon.

Man, I really wish I had that kind of money.

good mana, especially the energy land which fits well with the energy theme that seems to be part of red aggro, and voltaic brawler, means that red aggro is going to splash green.

Don't know if the enchantment is good enough to make them put the green enchantment kill into the sideboard, but it might.

>not realizing it's just a fake

I swear I saw a link to a video of what the masterworks look like IRL
anyone got it?

I rarely buy on pre-sales of new mtg expansions and if I do it's last minute or when I feel the price is super low for a powerful card but this time I bought 3 Chandras for 31 euro each.

Did I fuck up Veeky Forums?

Man what the fuxk do those moonrunes even say

Actually pretty good.
Except in a monored deck or UR deck.

I still think it's pretty cheap for a permanent that straight up turns off Haste.
I figure this is solely to push people to use Vehicles as their means of aggro, as it's completely unaffected by this enchantment.

I got a few standard decks Veeky Forums with UBR burn being my favourite.

Now a question, with Kaladesh comming out I loose Fiery Impulse x 3 from my main deck.

Should I just add 3 x Harnessed Lightning instead? Or maybe Galvanic Bombardment?

I was thinking about adding Unlicensed Disintegration and Dynavolt Tower but they just don't seem good enough to fit in.

KEK

Straight into Karlov EDH Taxes deck.

Everything is going to come Tapped and cost more no matter what. and if my opponents drop a creature Karlov is going to get like 6 1+1+ counters on the spot.

Can we have Twin back now?

Probably, she's really good but masterworks will sell the deck hard and red is utter shit in standard so she may stabilize lower than Gideon price-wise.

No, Twin was a total fucking cancer and the deck often sideboarded out the combo anyway.

>Wanting twin "i have 4 mana up at your end step, hope you have mana leak" back?

Disgusting

But she kinda fits jund, and might make mardu planeswalkers a deck.

Hell, I'd even put her in BR eldrazi.

Everyone that playtested her knows she's bonkers.

If Modern made prizes Thought-Knot Seer wouldn't be so cheap.
Chandra will stabilize somewhere between Gideon (Excellent Standard walker with Modern presence who was in a big set with desirable Expeditions) and Nahiri (Modern star, mediocre everywhere else, from an underperforming sales set)

This kills the aggro.

>tfw was brewing an Eldrazi/Red aggro deck
This card singlehandedly killed my dreams and makes shit like Ovalchase Dragster unplayable.

I think it is a good bet, if she gets pricey, it will be very pricey, and if she doesn't, you won't lose much.

>Thought-Knot Seer wouldn't be so cheap.
Yeah. Grim flayer or Kalitas wouldn't be so cheap as well....

Ohh....

They both have their benefits. Personally, I'd go with Galvanic Bombardment since 1 mana > 2 mana, but Harnessed Lightning isn't a bad card, especially if you have any other energy synergy.

Twin was a very cheep deck, something that Modern really needs more of.

>if you have any other energy synergy
Not really.

Dynavolt Tower proved to be utter shit in testing.

I hope UR or UBR burn/visions survive in the upcomming standard. If not I guess it's just time once more, sadly.

>Dynavolt Tower is shit
I agree with this, I was testing out my deck that generates energy and 5E is really fucking expensive. People who wants to play Aetherworks marvel is overestimating how much energy you can feasibly get.

*jund time

I'm holding out hope for a land that taps for E.

>vessel of volatility
No

>People who wants to play Aetherworks marvel is overestimating how much energy you can feasibly get.
To be fair, Aetherworks is probably going in a REALLY slow deck that's going to make energy off something like the module that makes energy.

This card is more of what a White Weenie deck sideboards against Sligh than something any white deck boards into against an aggro deck.

Why would you ever play this trash in modern?

Actually, that card doesn't kill off the potential for vehicle decks, as vehicles are only creatures after crewing, so they'd enter untapped.

I was more thinking Fleetwheel but maybe I have it wrong.

Well, there's that one good vehicle that enters as a creature, which is bad. Plus, all the creatures you'd need to crew the vehicles come in tapped.

It might still work, but idk.

because Twin + Vessel > Kiki Jiki + Seething Song

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=240014

Flletwheels ability is "when it enters the battlefield, it becomes an artifact creature", which means it reads to me that it is not a creature *as* it enters the battlefield.

If the wording was "Fleetwheel ETBs as an artifact creature", it would be tapped.

But my reading is that it ETBs, then becomes a creature so is untapped

Modules are really slow to generate energy, since you need all 3 of them(the energy generator requires a creature ETB).

>But my reading is that it ETBs, then becomes a creature so is untapped
Sweet, Red memes is still a go

>4, Tap: You get E

>Gideon, Always Watching
stalker block when

>Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

Not

>Permanents your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

Fucking worthless.

>1 Mana
>Your opponent spends the entire game one turn behind you
>Balanced

Veeky Forums says it's worthless, you know what that means, buy up all of the copies you can find before it skyrockets after a tournamenr

Increase the cost. I dont fucking care about creatures. I care about literally everything else in their deck.

>don't care about creatures in Creature: The Midranging

D A L W E W
A
L
W
E
W

>wizards prints a one mana game slower that gains life and makes thing etb tapped
>making games even slower and even more midrange hell
J U S T

But user, creatures are the only permanent.

>Playing with creatures on standard.

lol

>I dont fucking care about creatures
You apparently doesn't care about winning either.

It's not shit!

This is actually really good tho.
It's a collorless Raging Goblin who can fill your hand when you run out of steam. Very good.

So this is a control card that doesn't win the game when it ult s?

This + Haunted Dead + Prized Amalgam is gonna be a deck that exists.

Dude, it's an asymetrical stasis orb. It's not something to just brush off like that.

>gain life
>draw a card

My two favorite things

>gaining life
>favorite thing
Absolutely disgusting.

I agree with you about drawing cards though.

They also posted some of the cards from the planeswalker decks too you can find them here:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/exclusive-cards-planeswalker-decks-2016-09-13

>4 mana 3 loyalty
>Has the same formula that the last 10 PW had (+X protection, -X card advantage and ultimate)
>His ultimate, which you get for 2WU at turn 8 under the best case scenario, has the effect of a card that costs 3 generic mana only counting your opponents.

Color me meh-ed

Virts copypasta is slowly coming true.

Drawing cards is my favorite of the two, but the look on aggro players' faces when you gain just enough life to live another turn is priceless.

I thought that Mark "The Nose" Rosewater said that the PW tutoring cards would be generic, as in they would tutor for any chandra or Nissa.

Im not familiar with that, can you post it?

Is this better than exquisite firecraft? is the extra mana worth instant speed and being able to target creatures?

it will be, yes.

Who the hell is this? Does Kaladesh have two more native walkers? Are they brand new igniters? Are they old? Have they ever left?

Normally a plane only has one native walker not fucking 3 all alive at the same time.

>being able to target creatures?
Firecraft could already do that?

So the obligatory set wrath card hasn't been spoiled yet, right? Unless the White gear hulk is it.

yes

Why would it matter? Firecraft is rotating. Also they are both ass

You can target creatures with exquisite firecraft.

firecraft can target creatures. extra mana really kills it, with burn you really don't want parity in damage:mana ratio.

.they got based Zirngibl to design the city of Ghurour

Kaldeshi have no breaks

>instant-speed ichord for 2 mana that's also an artifact
Well fuck, that's going to be a $30 card, and seems pretty fucking broken. What's wizards thinking this set?

So this means that the walker we get in Aether Revolt (probably Tezzeret) will be black for sure, I am guessing UB for Tezz.

>Who the hell is this?
Read the fucking uncharted realms

>Normally a plane only has one native walker not fucking 3 all alive at the same time.
If you're talking about Tezzeret he's from Esper not Kaladesh.

black color identity.

SO CLOSE

Saheeli
Chandra
Dovin

Want to know how I know you have never played with or against Ichorid?

>Chandra
>Dovin
>Rai

If only the red one would be 2 mana too :x

I guess, by "native" i thought you meant like people that stayed there.

usually we're only introduced to one or two at a time. we know innistrad has three living native walkers and dominaria is home to a billion walkers, so it happens. what we've seen suggest saheeli and baan don't routinely stray far from home though.

I dont get the flavor. Inst his whole power isolating weaknesses in things and either using that to iterate and make them better, or shut them down?

How does this convey that?

Wouldnt a riff on Jace tms's card peaking and scrying work better for that?