Predictions for this month's MTG B/R announcement?

Predictions for this month's MTG B/R announcement?

Modern: Prized Amalgam is banned. Bloodbraid Elf is unbanned. Jace, the Mind Sculptor is unbanned.

Legacy: Mind Twist is unbanned. Survival of the Fittest is unbanned.

Vintage: No changes.

>Amalgam banned

No, Dredge isn't even top tier. It's a mid tier deck that got lucky at a single Open. Are Jeskai Nahiri, Elves, Grixis Delver, and Ad Nauseum top tier as well? Nope, but all 4 of these decks got lucky and won 1 big event each, just like Dredge. None of these decks have had the consistent success that Bant Eldrazi, Jund, Burm, Affinity, and Zoo have had this format. So Dredge isn't a problem.

>BBE and Jace unbanned

No. Jund is already a top 5 deck, it doesn't need any more support. As for Jace, the card is just fundamentally broken, and unbanning it would open up a huge can of worms.

SFM is unbanned.

Seriously, that card has no business on the list. If it is not unbanned by aether revolt I'm quitting magic. Snapcaster is okay but SFM isn't? The DCI can suck my sweaty fat black dick.

>Modern
Oblivion Stone Banned, Stoneforge Mystic Unbanned.
>Legacy
Chalice of the Void Banned, Mind Twist Unbanned.

Someone's salty.

>Modern
SFM is unbanned, no other changes.

>Legacy
Mind Twist is unbanned, no other changes.

>Vintage
No changes.

Side note: I agree that JTMS can come off bsn list, but there isn't enough supply out atm to meet the new demand for it, so until they do a surprise reveal in MM 2017 of it being in the set (and therefore unbanned) we won't see it.

>bloodbraid elf and jace the mindsculptor unbanned

never.

Pauper: Drake is banned

Blue sucks user, jund is the master race for modern.

>All this mind twist itt
Am I missing something?

So...Bob is OK but SFM isn't? Same idea.

Bob isn't a tutor and am enabler

If we see a ban in modern it will probably be Become Immense. I'd like to see Jace and bloodbraid unbanned but I think that's a pipedream at this point.
Drake feels right for pauper but who knows if they care enough to ban it.

Bob can kill you, sfm can secure the game by turn 3

Modern: no change
Legacy: no change
Vintage: no change
Pauper: maybe drake, but more than likely no change.

Seriously, nothing is bad enough to ban, no format needs to be shaken up with unbannings. I think things are mostly fine.

White needs SFM.

Ostone? You've got to be kidding me?
Take the stick out your ass.

I agree, and modern is equipped to handle her without much issue. However, Wizards is still trying to find that happy medium between Standard + and Diet Legacy. Sfm pushes it too far to the legacy side.

What,I'd love to see is sfm, jtms, preordain, and maybe bbe come off the ban list, but it's not going to happen.

Maybe, MAYBE bbe could come off. I've been hearing a lot of people moving them recently, so maybe they know something I don't.

Oh well. I never claim to be a smart man.

pauper - banned drake

other formats - no changes.

The precious blue control decks so many faggots whine about wanting will never exist so long as Tron has three different gamestate reset buttons.

Modern: Become Immense is banned. Thought-Knot Seer is banned. Jace, the Mind Sculptor is unbanned. Bloodbraid Elf is unbanned. Stoneforge Mystic is unbanned.

Legacy: Thought-Knot Seer is banned. Mind Twist is unbanned. Survival of the Fittest is unbanned.

Vintage: Thought-Knot Seer is restricted.

No changes.

>This whole post

>Modern:
Ancestral Vision is Banned.
Bloodbraid Elf is Unbanned.
>"we feel that aggressive strategies need to gain a leg up against the high-end control decks that dominate the format, and to that end we are allowing BBE back into modern. However, we do need to be wary of potential unfair interactions this may cause, and getting an ancestral recall, especially without paying mana, in any format is fundamentally broken. We are banning Ancestral Recall in an effort to stop problems before they arise."

>Legacy:
No Changes

>Vintage:
Dig Through Time is unrestricted.

>Control decks
>Dominate Modern

Are you high?

are you calling Nahiri harbinger a control deck?

Legacy: ban Sensei's Divining Top

pls ;_;

Why would they ban an Eldrazi piece in Legacy when Miracles is both more powerful and more prevalent?

I'm not calling them control decks. I'm saying WotC will.

Please no Survival unbanned. It's already $45, and I haven't been able to buy one yet. If it gets unbanned, it'll be $100+ easily.

>Impliying they care about availability.
You didn't learn from ema, did you?
>Karakas at mythic
>Mana Vault at Mythic
>FoW at Mythic

BOLT
O
L
T
in Boltening: The Format

Git Gud

islands are finally gonna get banned hopefully.

>However, Wizards is still trying to find that happy medium between Standard + and Diet Legacy
They aren't. Wizards has completely given up on Modern at this point and are letting the format ride for a few more years until they introduce their new non-rotating format which will start at Magic Origins and include all Jacestice League sets. They're gonna ride their Avengers ripoff as hard as they fucking can.

It's a tragedy that a 25 year old game is desperately copying things far younger than it. Just goes to show how bad Wizards are at setting trends.

Nahiri isn't a control deck, it's a tempo deck.

I can't wait until they emergency ban Plains, Swamps, Mountains, Forests, and Wastes either.

That's them not giving a shit about Legacy.

>manaless combo decks:the format

>an autist cries about the game

Because Miracles doesn't stop other control decks from existing but Eldrazi is bullying other aggro and stompy decks out of the format.

They want to throw away 25 years of Magic, and for what? To milk what's essentially the Battletoads to Avengers' TMNT? The Cody Banks to Avengers' Austin Powers? The Family Guy to Avengers' Simpsons?

turn 4 play twin = win
turn 4 play jace = nothing happens

Modern: Nahiri 2.0, Karn, Elspeth 1.0, Elspeth 3.0, Ajani 2.0, and Ugin are banned because they're good walkers that aren't part of the Jacetice league.

Legacy and Vintage are banned because they aren't profitable.

Lol I can actually see this happening, unfortunately.

Look at Kaladesh. Chandra and Nissa were so incredibly pushed, while Dovin is mediocore at best, and Saheeli is probably one of the weakest PWs of all time.

Saheeli is just WotC pandering to the the tumblr crowd

Nahiri maybe. The card was a legitimate design mistake; it was originally going to be +1, -3, -7 at 3WW, and the -2 wasn't originally able to hit enchantments but it could hit untapped creatures and artifacts. It was changed at the last minute because WoTC felt that "it would overshadow their new Jace". The ironic thing is, that in an attempt to make it weaker, they ended up making it stronger, from a walker that would have usually been a 1-time removal spell, to an optional removal spell that threatens a game-winning ult at a speed usually reserbed for 7+ mana walkers.

Before AVR came around, there were various decent decks running the countertop package, but with the printing of Terminus (and to a lesser degree, EtA) the UWx variant came out on top and outclassed them all.

While I can imagine people are angry about Eldrazi for being the best stompy deck, it's not pushing the other chalice decks out of the format nearly as utterly as miracles did.

I've gathered that a lot of Legacy players dislike change in the format (like a new deck becoming fairly powerful and affecting how much other decks get played) more than they dislike something constantly being too powerful.

>Baseless speculation
Thanks

How long until Wizards starts changing deck names in protours to the name of jacetice league characters? How long until we have decks named "Liliana control" and "Chandra wins"?

Modern : Collected Company is banned, Nahiri is banned, Preordain is unbanned.

"We feel that combo will always have a place in modern, whether we want it to or not, so we will be shifting strategies and aiming to ban one-card combos."

A man can dream, right?

Never, there will never be monocolored decks winning big

But they do whine that the new sets have nothing good in eternal formats.
Because contradictory whining is the best kind.

>Red Deck Wins isn't a Major Archtype in every format

RDW hasn't been in Standard for like 2 rotations.

no changes
no changes
no changes

Unban twin :^)

>wizards makes something broke while trying to make it worse
I wouldn't even be surprised.

This is why I think it really doesn't matter all that much if jace is unbanned. The formate has become really quick and a turn 4 jace, while good, doesn't do enough to stop something like turn 1 thoughtsieze, turn 2 ooze or Bob or tarma, turn 3 lilli discard.

>This draw 2 delve spell for 6 mana seems like it might be good
>Okay lets bump it up to 8 mana but throw in another card because it's not like they can cast it now LOL

I would like to see some combination of SFM, BBE, JTMS unbanned in modern, but the format is alrightish.

Earthcraft needs to hurry up and be unbanned in legacy.

This is exactly what happened with Skullclamp btw - they actually thought that the /-1 was a downside.

Fuckin lol man