/swg/ - 'Disney Presents: The Force Awakens' Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!71:27,144,-1:34:17:;190:140,126,-1,17,-1,-1:-1:25:;16::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!204:18,-1,184,2:41:-1:;175:27,-1,78,-1:-1:15:;4:-1,70:-1:20:U.54&sn=Unnamed Squadron
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/12/whats-in-a-dial/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b1/aa/b1aaa46b-70ad-4f27-bd4d-930c245db53d/a-call-for-heroes.pdf
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:18,72:7:15:U.56;31:18,72:7:15:U.56;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:-1:;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140&sn=Unnamed Squadron
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should have made the magic carpet have Poe's face.

Alright so I got my hands on an ARC as prize support. My friend got his hands on some Gencon Scum ships, so we played a nice little Wave 9 game 10 days early.

Our lists, which were pretty much built to experiment rather than be top tier:

Norra: PtL, R2D2, Tail Gunner, Title, Vector Thrusters
Wes Janson: VI, R3 astro, Seismic Torps, Integrated
Biggs: R4-D6, Integrated

Ventress: Adaptability, Tactician, Gyros, Title
Old Teroch: Fearlessness, Title, Autothrusters
G-3A PS3- FCS, Zuckuss

Some thoughts:
-Norra is good. Really good. She hits like a truck when she can, and can be super tanky as well. The versatility of her ability is great, and she's an endgame monster. Getting her there might be a problem though, hence Biggs.

-R3 astro was, not as horrible as I'd thought. Certainly nothing I'd say was really good, but I used it multiple times when I didn't have a focus, and it kept Wes from taking some damage. Also Wes isn't really there to hurt things, more strip tokens, so a little loss of firepower from him wasn't quite so noticeable. Still think it's a poorly designed card.

-Old Teroch is goddamn hilarious, and is going to shut down so many aces. He pretty much kept me from using Norra's ability all game. Also the Fearlessness/Title combo is quite good. Kept the pain going and also kept Teroch alive one turn longer than normal, working fantastically when everyone bumped one turn. The 2-Talon roll is also pretty sweet, and the combo makes it work.

-Ventress is probably the new meta. I ended up killing his Shadowcaster pretty quickly because his green dice hated him, but the two turns he got were scary. The stress ability might be overpowered, we'll see. At least she's PS6. Also that title, scary as fuck. Didn't even properly think about it before, but like the TIE/D with TB, any ship that hands out TB tokens without nerfing their own damage is a force to be reckoned with.

Dark greetings, /swg/! What awesome power would you bestow upon Trioculus, heir of the Empire?

Why is Rataka Prime on the map in the Visual Dictionary for TFA?

That's a hell of an interesting planet to make canon again.

"after attacking you MUST discard all dice results and add 3 focus results."

Cool battle report, looking forward to getting my own hands on some Protectorate starfighters. How did the mobile firing arc play?

The First Order gets a Star Forge?

5pts
Whenever you spend an Evade token, add 3 [evade] results to your defense roll instead of one.

The punchline here is that I don't think there's a single Imperial ship with a crew slot that has an evade action.

You forgot both the TIE Phantom and the Firespray.

Good point. Better make him take up 3 crew slots then as well.

What would he even fly? Did Jedi Prince have any new/unique ships?

Isn't that where the Sunkiller comes from?

Oh shit, X-Wing store tournement this weekend.

I'm thinking of using this:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!71:27,144,-1:34:17:;190:140,126,-1,17,-1,-1:-1:25:;16::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

or if Wave 9 comes out before saturday this:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!204:18,-1,184,2:41:-1:;175:27,-1,78,-1:-1:15:;4:-1,70:-1:20:U.54&sn=Unnamed Squadron

But I don't consider it likely.

Question for you /SWG/. When an enemy in EotE has gear that ups it's soak or defense (I.e. Heavy clothing) has it already been added to its soak/defense stat or do I add it myself during combat?

It's already accounted for. Stormtrooper, for instance, 3 Brawn (3 Soak) and Stormtrooper armor (2 Soak) puts them at 5 Soak.

>or if Wave 9 comes out before saturday this:
FLGS owner told me he had Wave 9 coming in on Friday, but couldn't sell it due to FFG embargo until the following Wednesday. So in the US that's probably Tuesday the 20th for the Wave 9 release.

See that's what I thought but the math didn't work for some like the Sullustan Pilot-for-hire

The Sun Crusher comes from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, if that's what you're referring to.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/12/whats-in-a-dial/

It says, "Now scheduled for release in just over a week", and was published yesterday, so tue-wen next week seems likely.

Hey, FFG did a thing for The Force Awakens RPG.
>images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b1/aa/b1aaa46b-70ad-4f27-bd4d-930c245db53d/a-call-for-heroes.pdf

Played our EotE Beginner Game today, even iwth some setbacks, I think it went rather well, except for the space combat being Pretty Shit (we had to rush, only two players vs. two TIEs, one of which died in one crit).
I was the GM, and all of our rolls were public, including mine. Should I have rolled in secret?
Also how good is the dice app? We can all get it via the APK in the thread, but we didn't use it, and we might need it for further sessions.

So me and my group is going to pick this up after having played through the AoR beginner game and I just wanted to check if there's anything I should keep in mind when it comes to making your character. Good skills, bad weapons, anything goes really.

As a GM there are two times to roll in secret: when the roll doesn't matter, and when it really matters. Everything in-between you can do publicly.

Damn. I was expecting the T-70 spoilers for Heroes of Resistance today.

Oh well.

Rosh makes me terribly terribly angry

Ok that makes sense. I think a player has a DnD DM screen so we can use that technically (and to mark NPC stats without having it all be public), but I like rolling in public, especially for combat, so that everyone can see, thanks.

Well they also have ftl lasers.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54;31:18,72:7:1:U.54&sn=Unnamed Squadron

Is this list just gimmicky or could it actually be effective?

You'd almost be better off taking Autothrusters and throwing four points away. Either way, it's a list which relies heavily on moving in a close-knit formation, and any player worth their kitsch acrylic tokens will know to bump you all out of whack or drag you through the asteroid field.

Who is the Arcturus Mengsk of Star Wars? Is it Sheev?

Yeah, you aren't going to do the damage you need to win with this list.

I once had to go up against this list and it's really good though:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:18,72:7:15:U.56;31:18,72:7:15:U.56;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:-1:;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

You can swap Outmo out for Preds as per personal tastes.

Of the EU? Borsk Feyla.

That's pretty nasty. My worst experience with low level A-wings goes to this list:
>geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140;31:170,72:7:15:U.140&sn=Unnamed Squadron

I didn't even manage to kill one of the fuckers before they plinked me to death.

I know, right?

That reminds me... I need more A-Wings.

I've never really understood how adaptability works, and what it's good for. How do you use it?

You put adaptability on a ship, and after deployment you choose whether you want it to be a +1 or a -1.

Say you are playing palpaces, and you have a Lambda, the inquisitor and Vader (with adaptability).
You can either bump Vader to ps10 to gain an edge against other aces, or you can drop him to ps8 (if, for example, you're playing against a swarm or a low ps ordnance list) to move with the inquisitor and activate them in whatever order you need to.

Seconding what the other guy said. You use it after deployment to adjust your PS as necessary. Usually that means bumping someone up (like Vader). But it can also mean dropping someone down so that they match other ships in your list. For example, you could take the Wedge and Wes, put adaptability on Wedge and Predator on Wes, and use Adaptability to drop Wedge to PS 8 so that you can choose the order in which those two attack. Another example is taking a Glaive Defender with Predator and the /D with Tractor Cannon, and Merek Steele with souped up x7, and use Adaptability on Steele to make him PS 6 so that the Glaive can shoot first.

Armada question:

When a ship takes damage that exceeds it's remaining hull points, do you keep drawing face-down cards even after the ship is destroyed until it equals damage done? or do you stop drawing cards once the ship runs out of hull points?

trying to gauge just how broken General Rieekan is specifically the ship had damage exactly equaling it's hull value, general Rieekan kept it in play long enough to activate and it just so happen a repair command was queued-up so he repaired one damage then flew over the repair station, saving it from destruction, fine enough, but was trying to see if he could be beaten by sheer overkill.

So it's mostly about matching up pilots to the same pilot skill to make maneuvering easier? That makes sense.

That, and a free +1 to get to that sweet sweet ps 10.

Wait.
Could I, if I wanted to be a dumbass, take Tycho, title, VI, AND Adaptability, to bump him up to PS11?

Yes, bit of a waste of his ability though.

the war store says the 22

They've actually had the Continuation Adventure up since a few days after the BG was released. Don't know why they decided to wait a few weeks to make a news post about it.

Yes... But you're better off with PtL in there somewhere.

Adaptability is a pretty smooth card. Easily one of the best EPTs added to the game. Not for raw power or ability, but rather for the fact that there's no reason to NOT take it if you aren't filling the EPT slot, and for the utility it offers you.

I like the Norra set up, pretty much identical to what I use. Biggs is pretty much essential to ARC survival, which works great. Wes I like, maybe with R3-A2 over R3 to be even more debilitating. Seismic Torps are nice when they work, managed to finish off Dash with a direct hit last time I used it.

Agreed on Ventress, though my favorite build on her is Fearlessness (works on both arcs), Gyroscopic Targeting, K4, Glitterstim, and Slicer Tools.

Wes with R3-A2 is amazingly distuptive. It's one thing to stress someone... It's another when you're wiping their tokens as well.

When wave X drops, there will be "A score to settle" to contend for the 0-point EPT-niche. I'm curious to see how people will use that.

How's the U-Wing?

I want the "le X-Wing is bad" meme to die.

There's nothing inherent to X-Wings that makes them worse than any other low-to-medium-agility generic ship that is struggling right now. B-Wings, Y-Wings, Fireprays, Khiraxz, G-1A, etc all have the same main issue. If anything, X-Wings are better off than their counterparts because of crazy good pilot abilities like Biggs, Wes, and Wedge. You don't see Talonbane or Keyan winning Regionals and going far in Nationals, but Wes and Biggs are there.

Oh come on!
Someone in this thread must know the answer!

In actual universe stats, the X-Wing is one of the best starfighters. It's versatile, manueverable and has several roles it can perform. Its why you don't see Y-Wings used post-Endor while X-Wings are used beyond the Vong War.

A Score to Settle is interesting, but I don't think it will be quite as widely used as Adaptability. Score to Settle is like Kallus, in that you pick the target at the beginning of the game and get a free Calculation bonus against it... It's certainly useful for 0 points, but not quite as ubiquitous as being able to adjust your PS by 1 point either way.

That's not a very fair comparison.

By Yavin, the Y-Wing was old and being replaced. You don't see Y-Wings used post-Endor because there's B-wings then.

Meanwhile, the X-Wings in the Vong War were usually newer XJ series, which were to the Endor-era X-Wing what the T-65B was to the Headhunter.

The E-Wing didn't have the prestige and had some teething problems, but once they got the kinks out in the later versions it was an excellent machine as well.

Funny enough, the only ship really hurting right now, is the Scyk. And that's because it really should have been 13pts for PS 1 generic base, 16pts for the Tansari Vet, and the Title should have been 1pt -OR- free if you pick Torps or Missiles.

Only idiots think the X-Wing is seriously hurting right now. It lacks built-in reposition, but Vectored Thrusters will give it a cheap 2pt Barrel Roll that doesn't eat your EPT slot. Plus, Integrated Astro is effectively a free hull point upgrade, provided you have an astromech to throw in front of the shot. The generic X-Wings aren't great anymore in 100pt games, but a squadron of them are mighty in Epic games.

Not a lot. He jousted with the Lancer and I killed it in two turns. It ended up being surprisingly fragile, but then Norra can fairly easily put out 5 hits at range one.

You keep dealing damage cards until all damage done is dealt. Also once a ship activates Rieekan's ability it is considered destroyed, regardless of how many damage cards it has at the end of the round. This is in the FAQ, I suggest you read it.

Like I said the build was somewhat experimental. Stressbot is certainly better in most situations. Giving him R5-P9 and dropping the seismic torps is also an option. They were kind fun though.

It also gives a condition card to your opponent, so it likely gives the enemy that crit ability right back. A double edged sword, which it should be for zero points. Should be pretty good on filler though.

Once a ship is destroyed, it's destroyed, Rieekan can't save it even if it repairs back up. To answer you question, you keep dealing out cards, so, for example, you can mine a dead Rieekan ship for superior positions and precision strike.

No, Score to Settle doesn't return the focus > crit affect for your opponent against you. It effectively just means that the ship with the EPT gets a free focus to crit boost when attacking the ship it targeted at the beginning of the game.

It's not bad for 0pts, but it is limited and only ever affects one ship.

Pretty sure Score to Settle is one-sided.

It would be great against a Decimator build, but pretty much completely worthless against swarms.

It'd be good against an ace or Palp shuttle, too. Especially on a heavy-hitter.

You guys need to look at the card spread again. It is a condition card that gives a card to the ship you're choosing to have the crit effect against.

Then the condition card has the exact same four lines of text with a "1focus" on it. The card is clearly designed as a double edged sword.

>You don't see Y-Wings used post-Endor because there's B-wings then.

>TRIGGERED

Where did you find info/text on "a debt to pay?"

I think I lived /swg/s nerd dream today

>be at uni but no classes today, only paper due tomorrow
>finished my paper yesterday
>nothing to do, feel like playing X-Wing
>friends mostly have to work or study
>female friend of mine who's into X-Wing available to play
>head over to her place
>we set up on her kinda low living-room table
>imps (me) vs rebs (her)
>hook up my X-Wing playlist from my phone to her hi-fi equipment for awesome mood music
>joke around as we always do
>somehow jokes turn into innuendos
>a bit into the game we are trying to eyeball if my Tie Phantom has a angle on her B-Wing
>we end up almost cheek to cheek on the floor trying to line up her B-Wing from behind my Tie Phantom
>que really cheesy hollywood moment when we turn to each other simultaneously and lock eyes
>brain shorts out and i lean in and kiss her
>things kinda derail at this point
>long story short we ended up making sweet sweet love on our X-Wing battlefield to the soundtrack of Star Wars, Wing Commander and Ace Combat

>Y-Wings used post-Endor because there's B-wings then.
Last I heard both ships earned the respect of pilots and commanders alike and were used with almost equal frequency.

Not like those H-wings that were hated from day 1.

Hope you kids took precautions.
Otherwise you end up like me waking up at 4am with a cranky pregnant wife and no new miniatures

But seriously, if true, good for you.

Now finish your essay.

Yep. we used a condom since neither of us wants a kid.

I'm jealous as fuck user. Grats.

That's great and all but you skipped the important part.

Who won the game?

So how do you build a starting jedi consular (sage + move focused)?

I know you should edit attributes first, but is there anything else that I should really grab?

Was it just a fling, or is there something more there for sure?

It sounds like they both might have won...

But tied games are boring

So, you're right about going full attribute at chargen. Pump up willpower, since that's the one that's linked to discipline (used for a lot of opposed checks and for the Hurl upgrade on Move) and your lightsaber primary attribute. Don't worry about grabbing any skills or anything. Take whatever hits you need to (morality, Duty, Obligation) to pump up that starting XP for more attributes. If you REALLY cheese it, you can get 4s in both Willpower and Intelligence.

From there, pick a spec based on your intended party role. Sages are great for knowing shit about shit, not so much for combat. You also sacrifice the chance to take a Dedication (the talent that lets you up an attribute) in exchange for an extra Force die. Niman Disciples are actually pretty great in general, they're harder to trick or charm, they get good defensive bonuses with a lightsaber or melee weapon, and they get to do some tricks with Move. They're also the only lightsaber spec to still get a +1 FR Talent, so honestly that'd be my first spec out of the gate unless everyone else really has combat covered.

Not as boring as clearly one-sided games.

>Reb and Imp friends fall in love and fucked
So basically you just relived Lost Stars. Nice.

>Not "Love can Blum.jpg"
ONE JOB

To be frank neither of us really know. We kinda decided to take it slow and see what happens next.

Huh. Reminds me I've had this titled that for years.

Sup Veeky Forums, I need advice on what I should be taking with my first foray into rebels.

The self-imposed restriction for this list is that it must be a single T-70 and Falcon.

Right now I'm running

Rey (VI, Kanan, Finn, Sloop title, Engine)-59

Poe@9 (PTL, BB8, AT, Black One)-41

Should I swap Engine Upgrade to Burnout Slam and give Poe Sensor Cluster? I'm stumped.

Did you at least move the models first?

And I am still sitting her, masturbating...

No, what you've built is fine. Sensor Clusters and Weapons Guidance aren't currently impressive. So I wouldn't bother with them unless you're paranoid about blank results. When cheaper tech slot ships come out, like the quad-jumper, then those options might be more useful.

So, keep Poe with what you've got. Burnout Slam is interesting on the Falcon, but the value of that over Engine Upgrade will probably be more of a personal experience thing.

I have many jobs, they're all terrible too

I don't know much about these games, but I've been itching to run a Star Wars campaign. My players aren't big on crunch, will the recent Star Wars games by Fantasy Slight work for us?

People have been talking about Sensor Cluster on New-Poe, since you're almost always only rolling two green dice, even if they both blank out you can knock off a hit, and taking astros other than R5-P9 since the game's current state is a lot of large wollops of damage output where shield regen really isn't that effective. If you're an absolute madman you can fit the generic R2 and sack Auto for Vectored Thrusters for Interceptor-like maneuverability.

Yep, they're a lot more narrative than something like a D20 or percentile based system.
I like them, took a while to get used to and slapping the fuck out of PC's to do some work, but all good in the end

As it stands you can fit a Burnout Slam on the following:

>Rebels
Falcon
Outrider

>Scum
IG-2000
Firespray
JumpMaster 5000
Lancer Boat
YV-666

But who makes good use of it?

>YV-666
Could do with it as it currently lacks a way of getting round, so if it gets a bogey on it's 6 it's boned. With the Burst Slam it can now do a pair of turns and 180.

>Lancer
It has two illicit slots, so it's got room for it. Assaj can use it to make sure she get's something in her arc possibly. Sabine using it for defensive positioning is possible as well.

>Jumpmaster5k
Manaroo maybe? Use it to get the hell out of dodge for when you get cornered. Hell, with TFA Han on the horizon this could be a good way of getting out of his reach early on.

>Firspray
Eamon based mine shenannigans occur to me. But using it to close that opening gap with Boba Fett is interesting as well.

>Iggy
Eh, I just can't see it working.

>Outrider
Again, why? Maybe for when you have someone in your donut and need to get out of there?

>Falcon
I can't think of a single reason. I'd take Glitterstim instead.

Actually, you know what would work really well on a smugglers compartmented Dash Rendar? Feedback Array.

Fill in that donut with an automatic damage dealer, sure you'll take damage yourself, but at least you've got SOME way of punishing people for entering that donut.

I figured the Burnout slam would be a 1-use "get out of dodge" option, but thinking about it, i won't be doing 3 speed moves that often, so engine is similar.

On the other hand, Sensor Cluster will probably really help Poe's defense with BB8.

Don't you mean, "Speed 3 or above" ?

A Firespray with a Burnout Slam could make two speed 4 moves in a single turn for instance.

As in if I had dialed in a 1 speed move, my SLAM would only be what amounts to a boost.

It's not as good of an emergency escape is my point.

Hey, /swg/, got a thought experiment for you.

Come up with a reason for a non-Huge ship to have no Focus action, and name that ship.

Pinook. Because it's a Pinook.

>Witnessed