The new book in the Beast Arise series have been out for a while. I cannot believe nobody posted about it already

The new book in the Beast Arise series have been out for a while. I cannot believe nobody posted about it already.

Here are the Spoilers :
-Koorland cedes authority over the Deathwatch to the Inquisition. The Inquistor from the faction that's concerned with Xenos is satisfied. The Lord Inquisitor in charge of the faction concerned with Chaos says to counter balance this they will recruit a mysterious chapter which is currently hiding on the moon of Titan. This way both factions will not step on each others shoes
-The Sisters of Silence help in a plan to eliminate the Orks
-The plan revolves around kidnapping an Ork weirdboy and having him spend days on end with the company of the Sisters of Silence.This will drain him of his Waaaagh! energy to the point of complete starvation. After that the Sisters drop the Weirdboy in middle of an Ork warzone and then leave him be at the right moment. The Weirdboy in the absence of the Sisters will uncontrollably drain Waaagh! like a dry sponge. He will drain and drain until he explodes. The resulting Waaaagh! energy unleashed by the explosion will cause Orks all over the warzone to have their heads explode
-They successfully won one war on planet via this method. They decided to go to Ullanor and take out the Beast with this method

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/d02lv1ca0cx4ca0/Watchers-in-Death.mobi
mediafire.com/download/opj4iajica3j0ep/The-Last-Son-of-Dorn.mobi
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gharkul_Blackfang
youtu.be/POdknqszMDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

-It ends as well as you imagine.With Failure
-Turns out that there are group of "Prime Orks". Each 10 meter tall and HUEG. Each representing one of the Ork Klans with the Beast being their Warlord
-Surprise the Beast is alive, and he wrecks the Imperials
-The Beast kills Koorland aka Last Son of Dorn. He even intentionally crushes the geneseed within Koorland
-The line of Dorn has ended. The Imperial Fists are now extinct. Press F to pay respect
-The Imperials retreat to Terra and prepare for the coming of the Beast. The Beast Waaagh! is heading to Terra. "The Siege of Terra 2 : Ork Boogaloo" soon.

The picture related has the final fight.

You gets hyped? Next month. Only a few weeks away and we will see one of the greatest sieges in Imperial history.

>-The plan revolves around kidnapping an Ork weirdboy and having him spend days on end with the company of the Sisters of Silence.

lewd

link plz?

It was extremely painful.

mediafire.com/download/d02lv1ca0cx4ca0/Watchers-in-Death.mobi
mediafire.com/download/opj4iajica3j0ep/The-Last-Son-of-Dorn.mobi

Up for one hour. Hurry up!

I love you bro, no Slannesh

>Vulkan confirmed to have lost to an Ork

Worst Primarch or the worst Primarch?

Leave the Beast to me.

>The Lord Inquisitor in charge of the faction concerned with Chaos says to counter balance this they will recruit a mysterious chapter which is currently hiding on the moon of Titan
But the Grey Knights were made with the sole purpose of combatting chaos. Why aren't they already buttbuddies with the Ordo Malleus?

Because the various Ordos of the Inquisition haven't been fully established yet.

At the time it was just a bunch of Inquisitors who were in disagreement over a lot of things.

I demand explanation, HOW are the fists still around in 40k if this happened?

>The Lord Inquisitor in charge of the faction concerned with Chaos says to counter balance this they will recruit a mysterious chapter which is currently hiding on the moon of Titan. This way both factions will not step on each others shoes

Does this mean that they Gray Knights are are around pre-heresy and thus can't me Knights Errant or Alpha Legion shitters

Veeky Forums has been joking for months now that the """""Imperial Fists"""""" in m41 are the Fist Exemplar, after absorbing the Fists' armory and heraldry

Now I'm usually one to ignore shit like this, but the shitposting potential about Imperial Fists is too great to pass up on Veeky Forums.

>Does this mean that they Gray Knights are are around pre-heresy and thus can't me Knights Errant or Alpha Legion shitters

What the hell are you trying to say? Do you think this is taking place before the Horus Heresy? If so, then no, this takes place a decent amount of time after the Heresy. So the Grey Knights were already established.

Secret cache of gene stock still around? I don't know honestly, I seriously thought they were going with the whole "Last Son of Dorn will bring them back from the brink" sort of deal.

The Beast Waaagh! happened in 32K.

Back in 31K during the HH, Malcador gathered special marines and these guys had their legion geneseed swapped with geneseed made from the Emprah's flesh. The Emperor said they were his last gift to the race that he has failed.

The Grey knights were then sent to Titan. Malcador placed Titan in a temporal containment until the Grey Knights were ready to undertake their duties.

The Fist Exemplar.

New to this trainwreck of a series, but holy shit, did Perturabo himself write these?
What the fuck is the point of killing off the Fists? How the fuck were the Black Templars formed if the Fists were actually another chapter alltogether?

>How the fuck were the Black Templars formed if the Fists were actually another chapter alltogether?

They got formed during the second founding, the Imperial Fists are wiped out after.

>How the fuck were the Black Templars formed if the Fists were actually another chapter alltogether?

Stop with the idoicy please. This happened in 32K. After the Founding of the successor chapters. I mean fuck man the Black Templar are present in the series and play a big role in it.

I mean I'm happy the Orks are a goddam credible threat for once and its the wake up call the Imperium needed and learning how it will lead to the Beheading is cool but an entire first founding Chapter down the Drain in contradiction to current day fluff? how are you going to retcon your way out of it

>how are you going to retcon your way out of it

see

The Emperor almost got chocked to death by another ork before being saved by Horus. Besides, only a proppa boy should show those humies why green is best.

All the successors send some marines to reform the Imperial Fists.

didn't the same happen to blood angels too?

No.

No, they got knocked down to 50 marines once though.

He is like a super saiyan, everytime he is reborn stronger.
When he shows up in 40k is going to rip everybody a new ass, after being fighting for 10,000 years.

Do they ever establish the numbers of the black templars in 32K? It'd be cool if they made them number 5000~ or so and then make them responsible for at least a few reconstituted IF chapters.

Black Templar are codex compliant user :^)

I like how the Beast Arises implies that when the Orks go big enough, they sort of turn into the Krork. There's a reason Ullanor was such a great victory and why the Emperor himself fought their warboss, he knew what the Orks could become.

The Emperor didn't fight the Warboss. Horus did.

So Honsou is more of an Imperial Fist than most current Imperial Fists?

Your Legion was also getting krumped by the Beast.

good thing orks don't often grow big because they kill mostly other orks

Do you have the rest of the series? With Epistolary down, I can't find the rest.

it kinda did but not to the same extend. Dante asked for the successor to send some marines to join the BA, Gabriel then decided to troll him and say that maybe they should just disband the BA and carve up their remaining marines and gear between the successors, after some shenanigans the FT decided that they will send a few marines to the BA

so no they didn't get wiped out, but they did get some non BA marines

>it kinda did but not to the same extend.

They asked for neophytes, not Marines.

Confused him with Gharkul Blackfang.

There were three great Ork Empires during the great crusade.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gharkul_Blackfang who managed to nearly destroy -three- space marine legions including Horus, Mortarion, and Dorn, before being attacked by the Emperor himself.

The Warboss of Gorro was a massive six-armed cybernetic monstrosity who managed to get the Emperor into a chokehold, and who almost succeeded in -killing him- before Horus managed to intervene. The ork's weapons were so powerfull they almost blow off Horus's hands and wounded him to the bone. Which is -fucking hard- to do to the primarch.

Then there was Ullanor, where Horus managed to wound the ork before throwing him off a tower. This assault took 100000 space marines, eight million Imperial army soldiers, and a hundred titans.

There's a reason orks were made to fight the Necrons.

Holy shit.

It's a shame that in recent 40k the Orks have been reduced as the "comedy" race. But I actually don't mind it so much since it really highlights just how incredible they were in moments like this.

People tend to think of them as just a side show in the War in Heaven, but the fact that they managed to survive against a race that treats a weapon that can remotely trigger supernovas like a fucking bonsai tree should say a lot.

excuse my noobness but what is Epistolary?

Tears in the rain.

And the kicker is this. The Krork were even worse. An Eldar Harlequin says this about the."Many came against us – the soulless ones, the krork at the apex of their might, in comparison to which this latest folly is laughable"

The Krork fought the fucking Nightbringer, and they -loved- every moment of it, not getting scared of it the slightest.

A user on kickass torrents who uploaded epubs and pdfs of literally everything 40k related. Every novel, every rulebook, every 5 page short.

F

It reminds me of DoW: Retribution, where at first Kyras "WTF?" when he learns the =][= has send the freebooterz orks to kill him, only for later lose his shit whem they succesfully ruins his ancension.

>The Krork fought the fucking Nightbringer, and they -loved- every moment of it, not getting scared of it the slightest.
Speaking of this, anyone find it weird that there is almost nothing in the new Necron fluff that refers to this fact? Like the Eldar are always mentioned to be in a grudge-match with the Necrons due to their prior history, but nothing is mentioned of the Krorks.

At most we have Imotek's hatred of them, but that's only because of their nature as orks. You'd think there would at least be a mention of some sort of distaste for their race because of that, or maybe a C'tan that found them a favorite snack or something. But for the most part (as far as I know) there isn't really much there indicating any interaction between the two races at all.

Writers don't like the orks

when they do, they try to make them something else, it's a shame

Because the moderns Orks are nothing like the Krork?

I imagine the Krork would be armies of dreadnought sized orcs using competent military tactics and the weaponry to match an imperial Knight.

Because without the old ones directing them, they're basically vermin.

>Speaking of this, anyone find it weird that there is almost nothing in the new Necron fluff that refers to this fact?

No. Krork were never described as big players in the War in Heaven.

So are you saying that getting wraithboned was more painful to the Necrons that a good old krumping?

Find out next time, on the next episode of Dragonball Z

So which Klan was the "first" Beast the progenitor of?

Presumably the Blood Axes, seeing as the Beast is intelligent enough to talk fluent high gothic with Vulkan.

I don't understand what the fuss is about regarding the Fists' "extinction." Didn't the Blood Angels nearly lose all of their members in a Space Hulk campaign? Nobody complained about their "extinction" and things went on as normal. And it's reasonable to expect Space Marine chapters to lose all of their original members over time. Sure, the Fists lost an entire generation of dudes in a short time span, but that's what gene seed, historical records, and recruiting worlds are for, right?

Blood Angels have nearly died out.
Imperial Fists have died out.

>Didn't the Blood Angels nearly lose all of their members in a Space Hulk campaign? Nobody complained about their "extinction" and things went on as normal.
Because the Blood Angels didn't go extinct. They had survivors who rebuilt the chapter.

The Imperial Fists got straight up wiped out, and then replaced by a doppelganger.

Blood Axes.

The Blood Angels survived with 50 marines and their chapter master.

The Imperial Fists were wiped out to the last man. No geneseed could have been recovered.

They can rebuild them from geneseed from other successor chapters but the culture of the true Imperial Fists is effectively dead.

Are there seriously no Fists-template gene seed samples stored away for emergencies? Also, wasn't the War of the Beast only a few hundred years after the Heresy? Surely some of the successor members were Heresy-era Fists. It would have just been a matter of scraping off a layer of armor paint and it would be like they never left.

True a thousand years after the HH.

The only HH era marines that appeared in the series were a Black Templar Dreadnaught and Iron Warriors.

>Also, wasn't the War of the Beast only a few hundred years after the Heresy?

It's more than a thousand years later.
The Imperial Fists are gone.
This is clearly demonstrated in their unique culture being absent in later "Imperial Fists"

There are still plenty of dreadnoughts who lived through the Heresy. They could probably ask for some, while at the same time opening old geneseed stocks.

Blood Angels also nearly got wiped on Mackan
Speaking of which when's the next Talon of Horus book?

>There are still plenty of dreadnoughts who lived through the Heresy.
Bjorn and Raguel the Sufferer both demonstrate precedent for long-lived Heresy survivors, and Dante is living proof that Astartes can be hard enough to survive a millennium of combat. So it's still not too far-fetched (albeit highly improbable) for the Fists Exemplar and other successors to have a few crotchety grandpas lying around by that time.

>Dante is living proof that Astartes can be hard enough to survive a millennium of combat.

He's a Blood Angel which means he lives longer though.

why would someone wound an orc before throwing him out of a tower?

Aren't Astartes implied to be functionally immortal? Or has that piece of information been disproven already?

i just read the Beast fluff on lexicanum

holy shit non-comedic orks are the most fearsome thing ever. you can always say "i don't have to explain shit it's chaos" but when orks teleport moons and bypass void shields is fucking incredible. and tens of thousands of warboss sized mega armor orks. phychic weaponry on a hugeass stompa. not even an eldar warp cannon rift can compete with all that brokenness

>inb4 tau empire is able to mimic ork technology to the fullest

didn't Armageddon 3 have some non-comedic orks too? I recall the blurb about a Savlar commander who had his hands cut off and his eyes gouged out and sent back to Imperial lines as a message

>Aren't Astartes implied to be functionally immortal?

Nope.

You haven't heard about Prax? It's planet the orks converted into a world-sized megafarm where they took captured humans and then subjected them to chemical treatments to turn them completely mindless. They were turning billions of humans into -cattle- that they farmed to feed their massive empire. Hundreds of ships were constantly passing to and fro, bringing either more slaves, or exporting the produced leather and meat. A squad of Tempestus scions on the planet even described the orks having special factories where they process -children-.

The -IRON WARRIORS-, who are normally completely uncaring about normal humans, let alone ones that are not their slaves, decide they -need- to destroy this abominable place to mercykill the entire fucking planet. On their way to the base, they find that the Ork Snakebites have managed to succesfully break and indoctrinate humans into being willing slave soldiers, and the Runtherders send brainwashed humans with snakebite tattoos at them, while they themselves easily shrug of hotshot round with their armor. In a later book, they describe human slaves amongst the orks being "Orks born in human bodies."

The Beast didn't want to destroy humans, he wanted a slave race to humiliate them for what they did to the orks at Ullanor.

this is just so cool coming from a race like orks. deldar? wouldn't bat an eye

Yeah, they got retconned into codex compliancy, user. Sorry. Just 1,000.

So that's what Orks left to progress are like?

I legit want to exterminate them all now.

None of this really seems to matter. The Fists Exemplar served during the Heresy, use the same Gene-Seed, and have the same primarch. It doesn't really matter that the chapter was destroyed, every successor chapter is made up of the same dudes.

Fuck.

On the one hand, this is grimdark without veering into grimderp.

On the other hand, what the fuck m8.

Shit, that's brutal fluff. Where's it from?

>modern eldar same as historic eldar
>buuut modern ork=/=krork for 'reasons'
mmmmkay
I think we are failing to understand the role of the eldar, and later the Imperium, in keeping orks in check.
Eldar and orks have lived in the galaxy for some 60 million years, and their empires cover the entire galaxy.
Eldar empire dies around 25k. No counter to orks for 6000 years. They grow.
Great Crusade encounters fuckhuge orks and their fuckhuge empires. Must deal with them. Orks are soo fuckhuge they actually nearly kill THE FUCKING EMPRAH. AND HORUS. AT THE SAME TIME.
But, orks finally somehow get curbed. Imperium continues to police ork numbers, replacing defunct eldar empire as positive control over ork growth.
Tl;dr - modern orks are EXACTLY like krorks, we just haven't let them bust loose (yet)

This particular novel series.

This sounds like an accurate assessment.

The general vibe I'm getting here is 'remove greenskin.'

What can men do against such swole beasts?

That's what -created- the Beast orks. They were pushed to the brink of extinction, and like antibiotic resistant bacteria they suddenly stop being easy to kill and become scary.

It's implied that the Orks in the Beast Arises are still partially evolving, with the creation of organised "agriculture", building well managed cities, establishing infrastructure, the organisation of an official religion with a centralized temple, and official diplomats, are all just part of the Orks becoming a unified race.

The Beast is ten meters tall, speaks fluent high gothic, is a powerfull psyker, and can effortlessly kill Space Marine Chapter Masters. Vulkan himself could not kill him, and got tossed around like a bitch.

The Beast actually turned Ullanor into an -Attack Planet-, and is sending it to attack Terra. He -really- doesn't like it how the Orks got defeated at Ullanor and is taking the site of the Greatest victory during the Great Crusade, and turning it into a weapon to destroy humanity.

Echoes of the Long War.

Memers gotta meme, and this is a new weapon to use against the fist fans. They will use it.

There was already someone earlier in this thread that said they were going to ignore the Fists dying for their own purposes, but despite that are still going to mock Fist fans with it.

>Tl;dr - modern orks are EXACTLY like krorks, we just haven't let them bust loose (yet)

Actually, according to the novel series, the Orks are evolving into another species thanks to the presence of the Beast and his galaxy wide Waaagh!. The Orks started getting smarter and more "civilized". New technologies started popping up, New unseen Ork castes like ambassadors and priests , etc. It seems like they were returning to a previous level they had.

With the death of Beast and his Waaagh!, the Orks must have regressed back.

>The Beast actually turned Ullanor into an -Attack Planet-, and is sending it to attack Terra. He -really- doesn't like it how the Orks got defeated at Ullanor and is taking the site of the Greatest victory during the Great Crusade, and turning it into a weapon to destroy humanity.

>inb4 the original Terra is completely destroyed and the Imperium had to bring in a new planet to be Terra

Imagine if the Beast-level orcs are already back, and they're fighting in the Orctavius sector?

Ghazghkull the Beast Reborn has a catchy theme to it.

>inb4 the original Terra is completely destroyed and the Imperium had to bring in a new planet to be Terra
What a horrifying thing to contemplate

It matters because a chapter is more than geneseed. A chapter is traditions and culture. The Imperial Fist, the original, died.

No matter who takes its place, the Imperial Fist soul will never be revived.

It's like saying you can replace the Ultramarines by replacing them with the Silver Skulls. It's not like both chapters differ from each other like night and day despite having the same geneseed.

Mars keeps gene seed stocks of all the chapters

Well, they already did completely replace the ultramarines according to Rogue Trader.

Current ones are third founding, originals buggered off to the eye of terror.

Rogue Trader is not canon to 40K.

And none of that happened in 40K.

youtu.be/POdknqszMDY

Current 40k doesn't start until Realms of Chaos: Lost and the Damned 1990.

But it's beliefs can be instilled. The Fists Exemplar are almost identical besides their belief in the codex Astartes. I like how dedicated you are to the meme though, keep it up!

That..... pretty good fluff, did BL did one thing right?