CYOA General

Last Thread: pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USUA_1WVM8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let me just, uhhh... throw this over here.
Don't worry about it.

Cool WIP

There's so many weird waifu CYOAs. All I want to do is know what it feels like to hug a girl.

Then GTFOH and do something wiht your life.

Then go out and hug one.

>hug a girl
You don't hug your Mother? She is a girl..

Feels like the Minion Builds are the best builds, especially with Othello. There's pretty much no counter to Othello besides "have more minions."

Monopoly
Chess
Star Ocean
D&D (Elf Alchemist)
Mastermind

Since the Go+Dominoes+Othello players will be consuming Earth through snowballing popularity confrontations, I've decided that the only winning move is not to play.
I'll take over the world!
Mars, to be specific. Using 'SCIENCE'!
Star Ocean should boost and Mastermind should boost my ability to figure out Alchemy.
Monopoly should get me the resources I need to build the homunculus work force, and build transport to get them to Mars.
They need no food, water, or air, and are able to handle constructing the alchemically enhanced prefab base I'm sending with them.
When they are all set, and I can sustain my life and 'SCIENCE', I'll Castle my way on over, leaving several homunculi to watch over my stocks as the world burns.

Your dedication to Science! fills me with delight, user.

It's hard to do anything when I'm constantly invaded by thoughts to kill myself for being such a failure.

To the stars! Away, my minions!

That turns me on.

Duck Hunt, Clue, Fallout 4, Star Ocean, Diablo.

Basically the anti-Minion build. Duck Hunt lets me Enrage my enemies, which means they lose all the benefits the Minion builds provide, and run straight into my heavy weaponry. Star Ocean ensures I'm going to constantly get stronger from this, and Diablo ensures I'll keep getting weapons, which I can then take apart and make into better weapons, letting me power level with Star Ocean. Then there's Clue, which makes sure I'll never miss an enemy sneaking up on me, or an opportunity to taunt and enrage someone.

Love and Lust

Essence
Influence
Physique
Transit
Life

Pretty straight forward "teleport and bang everything build". Interestingly enough, your unending existence couples with the Life power well enough for you to essentially breed a legion of perfect lovers for yourself. Which is fucked up coming from a normal thought process, but when you're immortal...

Eh, just get something sweet to eat or drink. That works for me.

Oh God, not you again.

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /cyoag/ in a nutshells, folks.

Why would you bother posting this? It got three, maybe five builds when it was posted months ago, and nothing since.

What's wrong with re-posting CYOAs?

RAD-PALADIN BUILD
THERE'S ONLY NO MINION BUILDS IN THE THREAD.
BUT FUCK THAT, RIGHT?!
HOW WILL WE KILL THE MINION FAGGOTS?
THE MAGIC OF IONIZING RADIATION!

Fallout 4
D&D: Human Paladin (though I suppose I'd actually be a ghoul, just less ugly.)
Mastermind
Star Ocean
Diablo

What's the plan ladies and gents?
Well we're going to run around irradiating everything. Everything. We're going to be a walking nuclear meltdown. You think you're even going to get to fight me? Bitch by the time you can even see me you've got leukemia. I don't even give a shit about collateral damage. I'm going to be so dangerous they'll classify me as a public health hazard. How though?

Well obviously here the perk(s) from Fallout 4 are going to be useful. Notably the one that makes radiation heal you. Which is pretty vague, but I'm going to assume that more rads=more heals. So the first thing I do is start eating depleted uranium. Now I've got some nice alpha radiation slowly --cooking-- healing my insides. What about custom weapons friend? Well, I'm going to make radiation based weaponry. If you can even call it weaponry. I'm just going to run around leaking radiation everywhere. I wouldn't know how to do it, but double IQ me could probably work it out. Hence the usefulness of Mastermind. Plus, that Intuition is pretty useful.

DND just so I get to be a little more powerful in myself. It's all well and good creating a ten mile exclusion zone around yourself, but what if they just... IDK bomb you or some shit? Ignoring the fact that I'd probably just heal from the radiation, I would like some way of defending myself a little better. So I picked Paladin. Also for the aesthetic. Paladins look kick ass.

Star Ocean, for level up, which I'm guessing would mesh pretty well with DND. And even if it doesn't, it lets me snow ball pretty hard.

Diablo is literally just there for the respawn. If something horrible happens, it's an out.

Pic related. Is me.

Death Knight
Gel as a weapon
Shade as an armor

Pretty basic darkness style equipment so far.

Skills-
Camouflage
Quick Study
Anticipation
Acrobatic

Beast Master
Magnetize
Pocket dimension

Spells-
Grappling Hook
Blink
Penumbra
Whip
Zap

Heal Major
Cure

I'm thinking a guy who can kill from darkness but prefers mercy and healing when possible. My companions...probably a mix of the Angels and Demons, but Azek is really the only standout for me. Because I'm pretty sure I could turn her around

here, I'm game for praising Atom.

Lets do it mate. For the Omnissiah! I MEAN ATOM

here.
Expect little green men showing up with lead lined christmas presents.
The present is enriched plutonium.

We're forming a pleasant little Earth-destroying faction here.

And I'm liking it

certainly you would be stupid to make an 'honourable single combat' build. But you can do a build based on subtly avoiding confrontation, or a speedy build that remains ahead of opponents.

All minion builds beat all "brute force" non-minion builds. But minion builds have a clear pecking order - a small number of people with minion builds will automatically beat every other person with minion builds. The more minion builds there are, the smaller your odds are of being the top minionmancer.

Further, minionmancers who lose confrontations will lose the resources they need to acquire medals. But even winning confrontations is no guarantee that you'll acquire medals.

Looks like it was updated since I last saw it. I'll try and make a build.

Nothing. But reposting one that's never gotten builds since it was first posted, is silly.

So I think I've figured out the optimal Minionmancer build: Magic the Gathering, Dominoes, Star Ocean, Duck Hunt, and Fallout. Magic the Gathering is the best power to gain minions, and gives you a wide range of powerful spells. Dominos lets your powers to flow to your minions, and Star Ocean lets your Minions level up. Then there's Duck Hunt, the great equalizer. Taunting invalidates every other power, including Othello, Go, or Dominoes; they can't use any of them while enraged. Finally, Fallout lets your minions mass-craft weapons to grind XP and lets you take advantage of Duck Hunt's perfect accuracy to slaughter their enraged minions like cattle. The only issue is gaining the first bit of land necessary to start summoning minions; after that you're golden.

could you post the DLC too?

War
Death

Essence - Death
Influence - War
Physique - Death
Offence - War
Defence - War

Please don't kill everything. I'm trying to fuck everything

One of these threads popped up on /co/ a few weeks ago. Now I'm hooked on CYOA's

Part 2

You poor bastard.
Leave now. Leave while you still can.
Goddamnit, it's too late for us! But you can still save yourself!

That's not my plan.

Run...

Turn back!

Spooky things ahead!
WoooOOoooOOOOooo!

Tell you what, since I'm essentially going to be running one big eugenics experiment, how about I pop out a few super soldiers for you? We can work in harmony.

You don't know what you're getting into.
Week-long flame wars about an 11/10 goddess waifu who grants you immortality and superpowers wanting you to do anything on your own once every few millennia.
People shrieking "memory death" as soon as they're not allowed to metagame every CYOA out there to bits or have to deal with some kind of disadvantages.
People setting fire to three threads in a row because the CYOA didn't specifically tell them that they can beat everyone and that their powers have bigger numerical measures than everyone in the setting.
That one thing that posts nonsensical and sometimes unnerving messes of jumbled CYOA choices, almost always expressing some childish fetish and with a Deviantart image linked at the bottom.
Constant bitching by people who assume CYOAs to be dead because they don't get a new personalized one every day, immediately implying that the old days were a Paradise in which you needed only think it and an author would immediately drop your perfect CYOA in front of you and outdo themselves the next day (spoiler: they were shit too).

This general is weapons-grade autism, and most of the time it's not even funny, just sad.

Or the user can just do what I do. Look at the pictures, use it as a catalyst for some guided imagination, occasionally post a build, and largely ignore everyone

Putting aside the fact that most mentally healthy people instinctively care about other people's opinions and literally can't just ignore the posts, if you don't try to protect the quality of CYOAs in some way, you're going to end up being very disappointed.
It's gotten better recently, but there was a period about a month and a half ago in which everything was autismal waifushit, and everything that wasn't waifu-oriented was simply plain autismal.

To the newcomer: There's always someone who has to get holier-than-thou and pretend they don't care. Half of the time they're pretending to not have their jimmies rustled to the bottom of their very soul, and the other half of the time they're the kind of crazies who make tulpas in their mothers' basements and spend literally half of their waking hours masturbating to overly complex fictional scenarios.

Do you guys painstakingly name and sort all your adventures? Or are you like me and you just leave them all loose in a single folder, like so many pancakes in a plastic bag

like so?

Sorcerer

Weapon: Lacuna
Armor: King's Blossom

General Skills: Anticipation, Meditation, Breath
Special Skills: Catalyst, Indomitable, "My love for you..."

Basic Spells: Blink, Blind, Analyze Item, Fireball
Advanced Spells: Cure, Powder, Thunderstorm

Companions: Alistare [Ranger], Tanya [Fighter], Alice [Face]

Budding hero on the rise! Armor's ice shards and weapon's tidal waves to defeat unarmed enemies. Powder to stop armored foes and either drown them with water or crack their defenses with fireballs. Thunderstorm is for when everything needs to die or there's a truly powerful enemy.

Anticipation and "My love for you..." should let me Meditate anywhere while remaining aware of my surroundings. Should help with mana reserves. I'd be kind of stupid taking a tidal wave making item but not take the extended breath skill.

I don't know shit about foraging so Alistare is useful for that in addition to her archery. Tanya is good for keeping melee enemies off Alistare and I. Alice is there for diplomacy and whipping up support for any campaigns I launch.

I only name the ones i really like otherwise it looks like what you've got there.

What an interesting point of view. Did you make it your self?
I've been looking to buy one for my son, but I can only spend five dollars this month. Any chance we could do a little business?

>This is one of my favorites, haven't seen it in a while.

Gotta Gofast: scout, delivery boy.

Class: Mesh
Features:
-0 Levitation (free via STIG)
-0 Flight (free via STIG)
Body Type: -40 STIG
Suit AI: None
User Interface: Brainwave Harness
HUD:
-0 Suit Status
-5 Advanced Suit Status
-5 Hawkeye
-10 Night Vision
-10 Radar
-10 Sonar
Comms:
-0 Radio Transmitter
-10 Defense Maze
Drones+Upgrades:
-20 Avatar
Capacitor I & II
Power Transfer
Upgrades:
-0 Environmental Controls I, II, III (free via STIG)
-20 Capacitor I & II
-20 Solar Panels, Photosynthetic Augment
-0 Storage, Medkit
-10 Cyber Brain
-10 Kinetic Stabilizers
-10 Maneuvering Rockets
-10 Multi-Sensor
-0 Camouflage
-10 Lockpick Countermeasures
Final Stats:
Dexterity: 6
Durability: 1
Power: 1 (7)
Recovery: 11
Speed: 10 (12 flight) (7 levitation)
Strength: 1

I don't know exactly how Speed scales, but I do know one thing: I fast as a motherfucker. Even my levitation lets me move at supersonic speeds.
And my flight is off the fucking charts. At my top speed I'm probably hard to track even from satellite surveillance. And I could troll the shit out of the fighter pilots. Just fly literal circles around the poor bastards.

>someone saved your cyoas
Is good
What's in the BH folder?

Are you talking about CYOA images, or builds?
Because I keep both in separate named folders, each containing the images in sequence and builds for that CYOA in .txt files.

This explains a lot as to the quality of the threads.

>Pokemon
>Go
>Star Ocean
>Dominoes
>Othello

I am the Overlord.

Metastasized cancer?
It's been a problem for a while.

Nigga plz.

I can't imagine taking it that seriously. So far I've been doing what said, plus I'm a drawfag so sometimes CYOA's make for a fun sketching prompt, hence the mech-suit images.

Vindickator
Dearg
Soar

Strength
Acro
Stamina
(I decline a 4th skill)

Inspire
Summon spirit

Blink
Grappling hook
Hyper Jump

Heal Major
Nullify

There's a lot of Companions, I spend my points on the sexiest, or biggest tiddies.

My Build is a specialized build for those who don't like reading too much. The vindickator looked coolest and had dick in the name. I want a cool spear and to jump high because that's cool. Most the skills seemed lame so I picked most practical. And I based my companion picks on those I most want to fug

Tough choice.

Mastermind
D&D (Elf wizard)
Star ocean
Magic the gathering
Go

Mastermind supports D&D and helps me decipher the clues to find medals. As I gain wizard levels, teleportation and divination will speed up the medal search.

MTG provides general support and lots of minions, with Go they can capture new land for me

And star ocean is too good to pass up.

I'm gonna guess 20 some pages of waifus.

eventually ill put branching heart in there
so yes eventually

Is this your full time job? also a bigger problem is you computer is speaking in tongues

I don't understand hate towards waifu cyoa. Sometimes my fantasies are action adventures, and sometimes waifu adventures, and sometimes I want chocolate in my peanut butter so to speak.

you don't have a Branching Hearts folder?

And the sponsor of today's repost is the Romanovs documentary film.

youtube.com/watch?v=USUA_1WVM8I

Oh neat it got posted again, time for my build.

Avian (no wings)

speed+
camo
senses
projectile attacks(feather shoot)

magical girls
dark hero
infiltration

speed++
true fade
regen
vibration blade
napalm breath
absortion
also mooks

I have max speed, regen and stealth to account for low defense and it helps my low strength (as do my weapons).

absortion will help with my infiltration, and I'll place my mooks in useful positions. I'll try to expose the magic girls, and hopefully I can find and kill dark hero before he teams up with the girls or finds out who I'm impersonating, which if that happens, I'll probably lose.

>Stats
Size 1
Sleep 5 [20]
Magic 6 [30]
Similarity 5 [14 due to Human]
Technology 1.75 [3]
Starting Land 1

>Bonuses
Understanding
Not-A-Monster
Harness Energy
Magical Ability: 30 MP*

>Abilities
Companionship: "My soul mate" [18]
Dangersense [8*]
Interdimensional Bedchamber [6*]
Symbiosis [14*]

>Form
Human

>Drawbacks
Hostile Environment [+6]

Pretty basic build. Symbiosis supports the population until tech levels sufficiently advance enough to tame their environment.

Who is the 11/10 goddess?

No, of course not. I haven't read any of the girls after the first ten or so.

You. I like you.

It seems that minion builds are popular. I'll try to counter them with a assasin build.
>Chess
Taken for Promotion, but Castling might be useful if the target's minions are not very loyal.
>Duck Hunt
Taunt and Precision are going to be the most important to me.
>Skyrim
Taken for Shout.
>Cards
To deal with a target quickly I'll need some luck.
>Mastermind
Brains and guts will keep away fuckups.

What do you think?

How many have you made?
I need to know given how many cyoas you've saved, you arrange them in folders, and that you even save your builds
(You have far too many /d/ cyoas)

No, it's Finnish & I agree, our language is really fucked up.

Thank you kindly.

Sadly none, I have started a few but never got them finished, I just lack the motivation & skill to make them.(picture related)

Yes, I painstakingly name everything. Aside from a few I forgot, but that's beside the point.

Is there an easier way then
>open image
>exit image
>right click, rename
>name image
>repeat

I need to do some upkeep on folders, images, and vids, not just cyoas

Start smaller (and if possible, don't make shitty and instantly forgotten fap fuel).

Check out Magical Realm, Domain Master and Monster Hunter made by our lord and saviour Bliss-senpai.

There are ways to rename & change properties of multiple files at once, but normally you won't want to give them all the same name. (Really useful for setting artist name & the like for mp3 files, though). To do this, shift or control click to select multiple files.
You could also try writing a script, if what you're doing is algorithmic enough.
Why are you opening the files first? To see what they are? Instead of closing and renaming, you could ctrl + shift + S to save as with a new name. Make sure to save-as in a new directory so you can mass delete the old duplicate files.

It is cool, you didn't lie.

You can also create folders for cyoas that have several images.

Bitch Plz!

>skill
How do you improve a skill? By quitting whenever it gets hard?

Bulk Rename Here is a program that can help for massive file renaming / replacing with a ton of options.

Decide how you want to organize stuff and make folders with any subfolders if you find too many files in a single folder. Keep the names recognizable and short if possible due to the character limit.

For my book collections I have folders from a to z and # plus a misc folder, then I have subfolders for authors like Butcher, Jim. If there are a ton of books by Jim Butcher then I'd put those in a sub directory by series, So you may have

Books > B > Butcher, Jim > Dresdin Files

seems like a hodgepodge without any synergy.

I think you're going to choke on radioactive dust.
No Fallout? Blowout soon, fellow Stalker.

I think people really underestimate the power of card builds.

Magic, for example, has Ezuri's Predation, giving you a minion for each minion all your opponents control. Simply step into a fight between two minion builds, and suddenly you have more minions than either of them. You might even get a surprise victory from someone else's othello. You could even be a massive dick and make someone suicide/surrender their medals to you with Emrakul, the Promised End.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a fair bit weaker, due to forcing you to manifest the subject of the cards, rather than play them properly, but manifesting a short lived black hole is nothing to sneeze at. It doesn't matter for a lot of cards either. For example, while Raigeki's subject could be construed to be an ordinary lighting bolt, you can't really say that the subject of Swords of Revealing Light is anything other than the swords themselves. It also lets you manifest land that you can then use with Magic because of field spells. There are also numerous field wipes with which to even the playing field, and even one sided ones. Probably a way to negates the powers of minions too, although again, manifesting rather than playing makes things more difficult in that regard.

What happens if you pick Sun and Death?

>Stats:
Size: 2
Sleep: 5
Magic: 6
Similarity: 4 (+1 from race)
Technology: 3
Starting Land: 3

>Earned Bonuses
Not-a-Monster, Understanding, Harness Energy, Magical Ability

>Abilities
Shrink
Personal Barrier
Governance
Gratitude

>Drawbacks
Temporary Guardian

I'm gonna be the best temporary god emprah ever.

MtG and D&D feel like the two strongest, especially with Star Ocean. Of course, you also either need Othello or Duck Hunt, because otherwise you're risking everything on having a Erzui's Preditation active when you're ready to fight. Othello's automatic victory is insane.

So when will you just dump all of that in the thread?

you can be calm and angry

itll just be a terrifying cold anger