Warhammer 40.000 general

'Cron is best faction edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

that's a pretty metal 'Cron

Nice pun

I'm looking into making a Kill Team to get into 40k. I want to make my aspiring champion DED 'ARD but how much of a point investment should he be? How much is too much?

I am looking for an alternative model to represent a Tech-Priest Dominus, any ideas?

On this note, do we have Kill Teams in anything but epub yet? If not, what Android epub reader plays well with GW stuff?

To be more specific, I'm looking to play HoR.

Theoretically, would a tau list consisting entirely of Piranha Firestream Wing formations and a huge Drone-Net VX1-0 be effective? (with a lone inquisitor or whatever as the primary detachment for the warlord prerequisite)

The piranhas would have 2 seeker missiles each which would make for one hell of an alpha strike with 30 something marker lights. They also shit out two drones each, which they can replenish every other turn along with the missiles, meaning they can fabricate conga lines of gun drones if they so wish. And last but not least the drones are bs3 with interceptor and JINK so they can shoot seeker missiles at deep striking foes and stay alive reasonably well.

You could Always do the classic Cain wraith conversion

Don't even need the Inquisition. Just nominate a Drone/ Piranha as the Warlord

Still having issues with my browser sitting at 'DECRYPTING FOLDER DATA' for the MEGA archive. What am I doing wrong?

Idk, but double stormsurge plus firestream is a nightmare. I would not recommend playing maelstrom against such a list.

So I'm not the only one. Any help, anyone?

Me too, tried two different browsers and it's still stuck.

Sorry guys. the rules link still not working for me. Anyone have new traitor's hate pdf to share?

That is a fucking stupid painting.
It looks like he just dipped that cripple in some jam.

Didn't know non-characters or vehicles could be warlords?

Stormsurges are boring. The piranha/drone spam list would at least have a lot of agile movement and varying tactics dependent on opposition (in a tourny environtment with biker libby conclaves, war convocations and the like).

any character in the army is warlord. If there are no characters, any model is warlord, but it doesn't get a trait

>war convocations
> Being afraid of t3/4+ models with a bit of extra wargear

Thanks senpai. Might be worth it to have a character warlord simply to roll for a nice trait though. Are there any formations with extremely low minimum points cost other than inquisitorial detachments?

>implying the entire skitarii faction isn't t3/4+ models with a bit of extra wargear

I'm fucking sorry, but in what possible way is a bunch of 10 meter tall Orks reasonable? There's no goddamn precedent, and we know full well that they don't vary enough in height for that to be possible.

Ghazkhul is maybe 1 and a half regular Nobz tall tops. I could buy a historical warboss making him look like a runt by comparison, but this is just stupidity.

That's exactly what they are, and that's exactly why I've never thought they were scary, despite playing against war convos twice now.

idk, chaos did it? at least it's a little amusing how incompetent it's making the loyalists look

>surges are boring
True, but will be more effective against a wider range of lists than your drone + more drones list.

There's probably going to be a Beast model at some point. And it'll be a walker :^)

Of course he'll be a walker
>After all The Beast is the last of the Brainboyz in a giant walker shaped as a mega-armoured warboss

They should make Ghazzy fucking huge when he gets updated and make him a MC

;-;

Plot twist: The Tyranids are an out of control Old One Bio-Weapon and Eldrad finds the command codes.

Plot twist: he already had the command codes, and was the one to send the nids against iyanden. Because he's a dick.

>Implying the Tyranids weren't created by the C'tan Iash'uddra, the Endless Swarm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 2x stormsurge be a lot more vulnerable to psychic death stars and grav cents?

Question:
I play sessions with a few friends every week, and we have a Tau player who doesn't have a codex with him who has to rely on someone else remembering the stats for him. Should I force him to bring a codex even if it's digital? I get the suspicion that he's fudging their stats in his favor.

>It's the reason why the Tyranids actively avoid Tomb Worlds.
>Not because the lack of Biomass, but Iash'uddra knows what the Necrons will do if they find out a C'tan is leading the Tyranids
>It's why the Silent King has a raging hateboner for the Tyranids, he subconsciously detects the C'tan's handiwork.

aww crap, SOMEONE RING UP THE SILENT KING, TELL HIM HE MISSED ONE.

If you call 16 4++ FnP wounds vulnerable then sure. Grav Centurions do what, 3.5 or 4 wounds to the unit per turn?

Tell him to download it from the mega. If he still can't be assed to take responsibility for his own units' stats don't play with him.

Psychic scream would certainly fuck their shit up, especially supported with LD shredding abilities and aura's like the mask of secrets.
killing a stormsurge with the mirror of minds on a mask of shadows/armour of misery LD bomb remains one of my fondest memories, I mean i still lost the game but it was worth it

FUCKING HYPE FOR DEATH COMPANY AND TERMINATORS

STILL NO DEATH COMPANY TERMINATORS THOUGH

THIS PISSES ME OFF

Rules database won't decrypt for me. Is there a way to fix this problem?

WHY WOULD THEY WASTE TERMINATOR ARMOUR ON THE DEATH COMPANIES?

Hey, it's Iyanden's fault for borrowing his lawnmower and not giving it back.

BA now has 18 relics to choose from and 24 warlord traits.

HEY QUESTION

IF THE DEATH COMPANY ARE ALL MERCY KILLED AFTER ONE MISSION

WHY THE FUCK IS IT PERFECTLY NORMAL TO FIELD LIKE TWENTY DEATH COMPANY? SHOULDNT THEY BE INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS LIKE THE LONE WOLVES OR THE EMPEROR'S CHAMPION?

EXCEPT THEY AREN'T ALL MERCY KILLED. SOME OF THEM ARE TAKEN TO A TOWER ON BAAL TO SCREAM IN RAGE BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT FUCKING SHIT UP OR PUT IN STASIS LIKE LEMARTES.

Usually whole squads fall to it at the same time.

What leaks did I miss? Anyone mind reposting them? I don't remember seeing a DC leak and Warlord Trait leak.

CODEX IS PRETTY EXACTINGLY CLEAR THAT LEMARTES GOES ABOUT KILLING EVERY DEATH COMPANY HE CAN FIND, AND ONLY SPARED LEMARTES BECAUSE HE ASKED NICELY.

MAYBE THE OTHER CHAPLAINS LOCK THEM UP BEFORE ASTORATH CAN GET TO THEM

AND YOU SAID LEMARTES TWICE YOU DUNCEFUCK

ASTORATH ONLY KILLS THE GUYS WHO CAN'T BE RESTRAINED, M80, AND ASTORATH ONLY LET LEMARTES LIVE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO STUDY HIS GLORIOUS BODY AND MIND

>that pic
tfw must resort to chopping up DV chaos marines for bits in order to match Kharn's aesthetics

I'd Ignore those leaks, don't believe shit until you see it in print

>Locked the crazy marine is Terminator armour
>In times in between battle remotely disable the Death Company Terminator armour. Leaving them trapped and unable to cause trouble.
>In battle just teleport the crazy fuckers down.
>After battle is over disable their armour and teleport them back, dead or alive.
>Remove the bodies of the dead and prepare the armour for the next victim

>If you call 16 4++ FnP wounds vulnerable then sure.
I mean in contrast to what, 20 individual fast skimmers + 40 gun drones (not counting seeker missiles, but keep in mind drone replacements) for the same points cost?

I've always enjoyed LD based damage for some reason.

>remotely disable the Death Company Terminator armour
Pretty sure that's not a thing.

It is World Eaters did the same thing that said to the Red Butchers to keep them from killing everyone on board their ships. It also happens to an Iron Warrior in Siege of Castellax.

>terminator armour now provides +1 to the strength and toughness characteristic of the model wearing it, as well as a 2+ and a 5++

>price remains the same for assault terminators, chaos terminators and tactical terminators become 30ppm

terminators fixed

I recall it being a thing for Dreadnoughts at least.

The World Eaters did that in 30k.

TEAM KILLING FUCKTARD LOOKS LIKE TIM BURTONS TAKE ON KHARN THE BETRAYER

FUCKING MURDERGOTH

FUCK OFF CORVUS CORAX, STOP BEING SO ANUS RAVAGED THAT BEST CHAPLIN PULLS OFF THE MURDERGOTH LOOK BETTER THAN YOU EVER COULD

So is the rules mega broken? The Black Library one works fine.

How are his pauldrons doing that

>Modify the Terminator armour to have the same "sleep cycle" similar to Dreadnoughts

PERHAPS IT IS A BAD IDEA FOR THE CHAPTER WHO HAS DEDICATED A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THEIR ICONOGRAPHY AND MOST OF THEIR RITUALS TO BLOOD (INCLUDING THEIR METHOD OF GENESEED IMPLANTATION)
TO REPLICATE THE TACTICS USED BY THEIR ERSTWHILE RIVALS AND NOW MORTAL ENEMIES THE WORLD EATERS DURING THE HORUS HERESY.

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT OUR PRIMARCH SANGUINIUS DIED DURING THE CULMINATION OF THIS HERESY, WE ARE STILL HAUNTED BY THE MEMORIES OF THE HERESY AND A NOT INSIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THE ORDO ASTARTES WANTS TO DECLARE US EXCOMUNICATE TRAITORIS.

>BA don't get free vehicles in a double-Demi
I'm not too mad about this or the lack of Ob Sec, but I'm kind of miffed our Core formation's bonus is the same as our Decurion's overall bonus.
Feels kind of lazy

I like the new units we're getting though, the Death Company Chaplain seems cool. I like how he gives DC reroll's To Wound like Astorath. Sucks he's stuck with an Inferno Pistol but it could be worse I guess.

Formations seem pretty neat overall so far, but I'm worried that the Terminator one is a tad overpowered. Golden Host seems a tad to expensive to run too, especially for how fragile 2+ is in the current meta.

I hope the Scout formation is good, I really wanna run some BS4 Scouts in my armies.

I also hope the DC formation is good too, since I love running DC. I wonder if they'll let you take Cassor in place of the DC Dread.

Doubt it, but it'd be cool. On another note...

>BA now has 18 relics to choose from and 24 warlord traits
Neat.
6 in the base codex, 3 from Flesh Tearers Strike Force, 3 from Archangels Strike Force, and 6 Death Company Relics from Angel's Blade.

Also, I hope our Techmarines get an update. They're stuck at W1, no relics, and no Coversion Beamers.

Also giving Sanguinary Priests more than one damn weapon base would be nice but now I'm just being greedy

Wait why th e duck did they change that from where those who fall to the Red Thirst go

God Emprah damn it GW

Huh, didn't know that when I suggested that. Neat!

So, I may have some more time to work on cleaning up the 1d4chan tactics pages/formats in general, and was wondering:

If the 40k unit entries/high level overviews for factions were laid out the way that Battlecollege explains them for Warmahordes, would that be ok? Or does the current "list" format work for now? One thing I'm contemplating is some "how to use USRs" section (aka, "Why Hit & Run is awesome", etc)

So loyalists get a powerfist and chaos get a power weapon as well as not having atsknf and chapter tactics

Got it

Fag

ALSO, WHY THE FUCK DON'T WE HAVE OUR OWN LAND RAIDER PATTERN WITH THREE TWINLINKED ASSAULT CANNONS AND A MULTIMELTA, THAT WOULD BE METAL AS FUCK AND IT MIGHT EVEN CONVINCE THE MECHANICUS TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND INNOVATE AGAIN LIKE PIC RELATED

>tfw getting into 40K after years of absence
>tfw there's AdMech figs now
>tfw I made the local ailing GW cry tears of joy buying the lot of them
>tfw getting back into converting and painting
>tfw all these new paints and washes
Shit's expensive though, fucking hell!

>reading Traitor's Hate
>Entire 5th Company of BA is made to go mental
>100 DC form
>They all die
>Elements of 1st and 2nd also involved, with 4th I think
>They get wrecked

I don't mind them getting killed, since BA's are probably the most jobbing chapter in the setting, but wasn't the entire BA force and ALL it's successors recalled to Baal?

What happened after Shield of Baal? They lost 50% of their forces there (which was 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th I think), yet they're all fully replenished AND ignoring the recall order to defend against two, if not three, major threats to Baal (Ka'banthda has corrupted the outer planet of Baal system, Nids are arriving soon AND Ork Waaagh is heading to Baal system).

I know they retconned the Baal Invasion in 2008, but what the fuck has happened? This is even more ludicrous than the Ultramarines recovering from Battle of Maccrage in 50 years and launching a full chapter assault on Damnos.

Does Traitor's Hate come before Shield of Baal? Or what?

Okat but what if I just up and start a death company decurion, and paint the terminators, land raider and three Baal predators in DC colours?

After. The 5th, 1st and 2nd Companies are en route to Baal when they're called there.

Speaking of Baal Predators, is there any reason to give them sponsons? I mean, clearly you aren't going to be able to hit something with all three flamers.

Their facebook posted this:

Who doesn't love a good war zone map?
We think they're great.

When the Blood Angels arrive in the Diamor System, the forces of Chaos have already established a solid foothold on several planets. With most of their Chapter still preparing the Baal System for the oncoming advance of Tyranids, can the 1st, 2nd and 5th Companies of the Blood Angels blunt the assault of the traitor vanguard?

Alongside this image.

>GW starts updating the weaker factions
>decides to try to reign in the absurd power levels
>now the shit factions are doomed to be shit for the rest of modern 40k while the power factions continue to shit all over everyone and everything
Hope you enjoy your shit-sandwich, BAfags. At least us Chaosfags get to pretended that the next book will be less shit.

GENTLEMEN, I HAVE SUCESSFULLY DUPLICATED THE BALL PREDATOR. BEHOLD, A PERFECTLY SPHERICAL TANK!

Oh. Good idea. Waste an entire Company fighting and not even stopping Chaos.

THIS WOULD OF COURSE COME AT THE SAME TIME AS A NEW CHAOS CODEX AND NEW MODELS FOR THE CHAOS TERMINATORS, PROVIDING OPTIONS FOR CULT HEAVY WEAPONS LIKE THE CHEM-CASTER (S1 AP3 Poisoned 2+ Template) THE GORESTORM CANNON (S4 AP4 Assault 8 Rending) A BLAST-MASTER AND A KAI GUN FOR TZEENCH (S10 AP2 Heavy 1 Blast [wounds based on leadership])

ALSO ALL SORTS OF AWESOME MELEE WEAPON OPTIONS TO ALLOW YOU TO PERSONALISE YOUR TROOPS HOWEVER YOU WANT AND A REWORKED MARK SYSTEM TO MAKE MARKS FREE AND MORE IMPACTFUL THAN THEY CURRENTLY ARE BECAUSE IF TRAITOR SCUM HAVE SHIT TIER RULES THEN BRINGING THE EMPERORS FORGIVENESS TO THEM BECOMES A CHORE INSTEAD OF A CHALLENGE.

It is. They did it in HH. Also, the fluff says Terminator armour can be teleported back, even if the guy is dead.

They need to just

Fucking

Stop

Having companies of marines engage in stand up brawls with other factions. Even as supersoldiers, 100 men can't do shit if they just fucking stand there and slug it out against billions.

And they include such riveting things like a *master-crafted* inferno pistol or a 30pts Counterattack trinket.
Still, variety is the spice of life. It's certainly better than being Chaos and getting no new relics, warlord traits or such at all.

>What is Rynn's World?
>What is the Battle of Thermopylae?

Between Angel's Blade, Traitor's Hate, the CSM supplement reprints, and Waaagh Ghazkull, what makes you think things will get any better with new books?

Astartes are supposed to be engaging in lightning strikes against enemy command elements and other such critical elements.

Cause it was stupid.

>Held the pass with only 300 Spartans!
>And more than 7000 other dudes, but I mean, only 300 Spartans!

>Astartes are supposed to be engaging in lightning strikes against enemy command elements and other such critical elements.

Exactly! Having them just kinda group up and march as an army is unfathomably retarded.

Know its /v/, but has anyone been playing the beta for these guys? They seem overpowered to me but I am not very good at this game.

>I'm kind of miffed our Core formation's bonus is the same as our Decurion's overall bonus.

Da boyz know yer problem.

Keep in mind that it'll let BA hit before eldar and dark eldar in melee, and at the same time as slaaneshi chaos lords. That's pretty nasty to my mind.

And yer limitz.

Can't benefit from the same rule more than once. No I6 4U

>7,300 greeks

>against ~100,000 Persians

>holding the Persians off for 3 days of constant battle

>implying thats still not impressive as fuck

And the difference between a Space Marine and another faction's shitty infantry is exponentially greater than that of a Spartan vs a Persian.

Welcome back. Feels nice to be able to afford expensive thangs, don't it?

How many death company does it take to change a lightbulb?

Can I get some help Veeky Forums? I am an Admech player and fairly new. Our local Tau player is apparently planning to bring a Stormsurge and/or a ghostkeel to a 600pt unbound game. I have available:

10 Skitarii Vanguard and 10 Skitarii Rangers
6 Kataphron Destroyers
A tech-priest Dominus
Two Kastelans and Datasmith
One Onager Dunecrawler

Can anyone suggest any tips other than "give up"?