Are..are they talking about us?

Are..are they talking about us?

>Donald Trump, his son and a close adviser have all posted photos of Pepe the frog, a cartoon amphibian which became controversial late last year after a group of gamers worked to associate it with Nazi propaganda.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-pepe-frog-instagram-breitbart-white-supremacist-alex-jones-milo-a7240581.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkAngvkWVkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As a whole or tg specifically? Anyone who doesn't go to Veeky Forums basically thinks it's all /b/ all the time

>just as planned

>gamers
>Nazi propaganda

I doubt they even know who they're accusing or why.

Trump confirmed for meme-magician

We live in a world were a cartoon frog who pees with his pants pulled down is considered to be a "white supremacist" symbol.

What went wrong?

White supremacists don't pees with their pants pulled down?

i blame moot

>What went wrong?

Why would you even remove your pants when peeing

not Veeky Forums related faggot shitbird

OP has an image of a chessboard, of course it's Veeky Forums relevant.

I ain't giving them a page hit, but from that quote it seems like I won't be missing out on anything. Did journalists completely give up? Is this really the most newsworthy thing the pissant who wrote the article could think of?

As to your question, OP. Maybe, if by "us" you mean Veeky Forums as a whole, though even then it would be /v/ and/or /pol/ specifically.

I know there's a version of pepe that's swole as hell and has a swastika on a his chest, might come from that.

It's either /v/ or Veeky Forums since 'gamers' are singled out.

Not posting Veeky Forums related Pepes?

That's assuming the author did his research and even knows Veeky Forums is split into boards.

For all we know, he thinks all of Veeky Forums are gamers.

I got you.

?

Could just be a carryover from gamergate.

Lots of media stopped at "gamers from Veeky Forums" and probably mentally combined /v/ and /b/ (and /pol/) rather than actually visiting the site and learning about it for a day.

Should have never moved from GOPHER.

Or given non-university/non-North American people access.

/v/ is /b/ and /pol/ combined.

>Lots of media stopped at "gamers from Veeky Forums"

"evil gamers from Veeky Forums" has been a thing since Veeky Forums existed.

Fucking frogposting scum.

It used to be evil hackers, not evil gamers.

I mean, 'gamer' is a useless term to begin with. It just means someone who plays a game of some sort.

I am willing to bet that a large percentage of /b/ would consider themselves 'gamers', and I'm also willing to bet that the journalist does not know and doesn't care about any distinction between Veeky Forums, /b/, /pol/, Veeky Forums, or /po/.

As far as the media was concerned I never heard Veeky Forums explicitly associated with gaming in mainstream media until gamergate, before that it was the whole "internet hate machine HACKERS ON STEROIDS guy fawkes mask" shit.

This was long before frogposting was a real thing.
That's exactly where my mind went
youtube.com/watch?v=kkAngvkWVkk

It's /pol/. They've shifted into edgy paganism and now worship an Egyptian frog god which they consider a manifestation of complete chaos. The end goal is crashing civilization or starting a race war. This is supposedly accomplished through meme magic, which basically just means posting swastikas on twitter and rolling for dubs.

They've teamed up with /r9k/ to reclaim Pepe from the normalfags by associating him with school shooters, Donald Trump and Nazis, because you can't have /pol/ without Nazis.

Pepe was a mistake

And you can quote me

white player
>two black field Bishops
>half the Pawns gone, suggesting mid-game but both Knights still in starting position
>King moved to his side without obvious reason, not castling

I feel my ELO dropping just looking at this.

You can't have /pol/ without ACKS.