EDH/Commander General

U/R NEVER EVER edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brion-throwthings-edh/
youtube.com/watch?v=5UfWmyjnFhs
youtube.com/watch?v=xpaJulksCik
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/simic-perfection-ezuri-claw-of-progress-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post em

Really? I really like it. Powerful draw or damage effect for red, I'm considering it for both my Rakdos and my brion decks. Mostly Brion since it can still use a bit more card draw, and it fits the direct player damage theme as well.

Repost since I missed the new thread post

While it sucks for U/R players that she is mono U, for me this card basically says Leonin Abunas, get the hell out of my deck.

>6 fingers

>she
I honestly thought it was a dude

Post your spicy techs

>Cast Trigger

...So sorry user...

Alright friends, I have $40 to spend on magic. What should I buy? I'm looking to beef up either my meren, or my memnarch deck. I'm also trying to build red Grenzo, and I'm missing just about every good goblin.

Doesn't work like that user.

However, since we're talking Riku:
>Venser, Shaper Savant + Riku = literally Capsize Buyback with a Remand Option
>Keiga + Riku = Steal something and keep a Keiga out
>Parallel Lives/Doubling Season + Riku = lol

Buy one of the precons and cry.

>load deck with cheap ETB stuff
>drop it, then immediately whisk the originals away with equilibrium
>pop it back
>also works with evoke creatures

it works when in your meta the table is completely cleared every 2-3 turns.

UR and WR suffering
UG stronk
UG your lord

A new tie. Then put it on with your old suit and go get a job.

>buy one of the precons and cry
I think not. I have most of the staples in them. The only one I would want is that stupid R/W one with blade of selves/sun titan, and I might as well just buy the two or three cards I want.

Fingers crossed for Tezzeret3 being B/W/U

Why hasn't anybody mentioned this since last announcement day? Did everyone forget about it?

If it was that easy, I'd have much more than $40 to spend on magic cards today.

Best RG commander? Favorite RG commander?

>no red
Kill yourself, any time. Jesus. What could be done with her that's Muzzio wouldn't be better for?

Are equip costs activated abilities of said artifact equipment?

Artifact based combos i guess since they'll be hexproof and immune to spot removal.

Yep.

yes

>card drawing with no drawback is red
hahaha, no

Getting it for Christmas.
I hope my LGS does a Planechase game event

He wasn't saying that her abilities should be red, he's expressing dissapointment that they gave her mono-U abilities instead of adding a red ability so that she could be a u/r artifact commander.

This.
Idiot.

Relax. Girl Feldon will surely save us from this hell.

>acclaimed lifecrafter
>working on her designs in secret
>hiring smugglers
WB confirmed.

Yeah, the art usually shares a lot of color pallet with their color identity, just doesn't look very UR.

To sum it up, in decks with reanimator and big creatures, it's good.

That isn't really red's thing, mostly. So it works well with a few generals, but not most. A 6/6 first strike that dumps cards uselessly into your graveyard and only burns for maybe 5 is pretty shit.

It's not raw good stuff, but it's going to my Feldon, where people might actually be scared enough to let me draw 3 rather than risking the magic christmasland of being burned for 32, and on average getting hit for 10.

>smart, gay, female character
>no one is autistically /pol/raging about WotC being "libtard sjw cucks"
I'm impressed

>WB
>works in secret means black
Pia Nalarr works in secret, and she's fuckin' mono-red.
>white cuz lifecrafter
If anything, I'm afraid they'll make her green.

Also, Campbell's Chicken Noodle Taxation is WB, we won't get another orzhov legend.

So, not WB, nothing about her seems white or black, she's not mono blue or mono red cuz we have those already. We got a UG too. That leaves:

UR
URG
RG

I could if you want me to, but really, I couldn't care less if magic was a 'libtard sjw cuck' game, because I enjoy it.

I'm beyond excited to get it
>$149.99
I really hope they don't exceed MSRP on this one

Oh ffs user, you jinxed it, I noticed it too but didn't want to say anything. Brace yourself for "herp derp WotC SJW" shitposting.

>Current

Meriek Control/Midrange. I rarely if ever cast her. Lots of flicker and reanimation to the point where I almost forget that I have a general.

Narset Pillowfort Super Friends. Ramp with mana rocks until I get Narset out, then hope to get some PWs or extra turns with her. Almost no creatures.

Alesha Aggro. The aggro equivalent of my Meriek. Lots of ETB value and reanimation to the point where I can win without casting or resolving Alesha. The difference is that I ALWAYS want to cast her.

>Retired

Phenax Combo/Control. Get Phenax out with some big butt creatures on the field and start abusing the shit out of Intruder Alarm. It's so consistent on what it does that I got bored of it after 2 months playing and now I want to sell it to a friend of mine that loves that kind of shit.

>Building

Ezuri, Claw of Progress. The UG Alesha. With Infect.

Made my group from my college, but I just graduated.... so yeah I'm looking for some group in my local area.

Nice part is that I have a job and can actually spend money on a deck though!

That Dimir guy sounds cool AF

I would like to meet that N guy one day.

He reminds me of how I play minus the whole Dimir shtick.

Your friend just needs a shitty U\R deck and he would be exactly me.

>Slowly full arting via painting
Wait are you commissioning this or are you doing this yourself? Because that sounds cool as shit. Pics sometime please. We like full art cards around here!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm very new to magic.
My friend, who plays commander now and then tells me that the mana you can generate is restricted to the mana of your commander. But I recall reading somewhere that this rule was removed, though I can't for the life of me find where I read this.

Did I hallucinate reading this?

you're correct, but his playgroup may have disregarded that. by RAW, you're right

You're correct, the rule was recently changed. You can now generate mana of any colour. Your library still needs to match your commanders colour identity, of course.

I NEED SOME SPICY BRION CARDS

Spitebellows

Yeah he is a cool dude

Yeah, I'm the one painting them. I do Warhammer and sometimes need a break from painting 3d models and instead do some cards. I just started with Talrand and have Talrand, Ponder, solemn simulacrum and Sol Ring done so far. I'll try to post a picture later.

Bought a Lot of MTG cards and it came with all of these commanders.

Are there any worth running/fun to play/not shit?

Adarkar valkyrie, thornbite staff, kiki-jiki, malignus, mimic vat.

I'm currently building one, want to see my list?

Run Gahiji and use fumiko/Thar in the 99

>Great Tier
Marath

>Good Tier
Skullbriar
Rubinia
Thromok
Endrek Sahr
Sek'Kuar
Ruric Thar

>Meh Tier
Vorosh
Odric
King Marcar
Jor Kadeen
Lavinia

>Oh shit nigger tier
Fumiko
Anax and Cymede
Exava
Emmara
Triad of Fates
Jareth

I hope your list is only for the command zone because Fumiko is an amazing member for the 99

why would it be anything else

Which mono U artifacts commander is the most fun, Memnarch, Arcum Dagsson, or Muzzio?

yes pls

>Fun for everyone
Muzzio
>Fun for Toolbox/combo
Arcum
>Fun for no one
Memnarch

Thromak is an off the hook commander, just make tones of tokens, sack those shits, and fling him at people when he's fat and happy.

Don't forget to play Lavos's theme whevever you cast him

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brion-throwthings-edh/

I was actually surprised at how many combos there are in the deck. I discovered several of them only by playtesting, or seeing them happen in games by other people with different decks and realising I had the required combos on my list for this deck as well.

I still need to cut something for Thousand-year elixir, but not entirely sure what.

Which of the lavos themes? There's 3.
youtube.com/watch?v=5UfWmyjnFhs

youtube.com/watch?v=xpaJulksCik

>Goddamnit paint

Marath is a rehash of an old deck I made, but this time much more streamlined. Naya Control Combo

Xenagod I'm undecided about whether to do pure Gruul Stompies or Hydra Tribal

>quickly scrounge up a deck on tappedout from cards that look good
>try it out on xmage
>do okay but nothing special
>"hm i wonder how other people have made the same deck"
>copy a highly rated netdeck with a primer, try it on xmage
>it's somehow like 3x worse, slow as fuck, full of dead/winmore cards, and of course, it has the original dual lands

wtf

are netdeck creators really retarded or am i retarded

yes

hey.. can i ask a question? how do i learn more about magic in general? are there any great resources? i feel so out of the loop at my LGS when people "talk shop"

Build decks, look at deck lists.

is a Depala deck even feasible, or will we need to wait for more Dwarves/vehicles?

It'll probably be playable after aether revolt fills out vehicles and gives us more dwarves with modern creature design principles but they'll still be mostly limited fodder and thus the deck will be mostly shit.

A lot of it is just experience. play, play and play some more.
I mean, I've only been playing for half a year, but I play often and regularly, and I've learnt a lot from just paying attention during the games and asking stupid questions.

Seems playable to me, the vehicles have all been perfectly strong. I am so excited for Depala, I won't even wait for Aether Revolt. She turns me on in so many ways, only some of them metaphorical.

It won't be playable for entire generations. Kaladesh has had like 1, maybe 2, vehicles that are even close EDH playable

let's try that again

i was browsing for legendaries and i saw this guy. i've never even seen this card before. isn't he kinda awesome though?

>play some bullshit that can flicker
>play this guy
>play the politics game, exiling threats, make friends, gain life, put up a pillow fort maybe
>add some "when a creature enters the battlefield" creatures like soul's warden etc. for additional goofyness

how awful would this be as a budget feelgood deck?

>Darksteel Ingot with 5/5 attached
>6 mana 10/7 can't be chomped
>flying 2 mana 4 power (with Depala) that cycles out unneccesary lands from your hand
>flagship predator with a light bolt machine that Depala can pilot herself

I think maybe you don't know shit and shut up.

He's cute.

Not all that powerful.

Better as part of the 99 in something like Roon

The Skyship is literally a shitty inferno titan, which is already a card I never wanna play because it only ever kills utility creatures, if that.

If you think a vanilla beater is good in EDH, I'm sorry, but you're the one who doesn't know shit and should shut up.

The other two are the only midly not shit and they're still mediocre as hell.
>3 mana rock
>A looter that needs to connect first

Nah. It's trash and so is she.

Mind giving me some feedback on my Newzuri deck? There's an edh tourney tomorrow and I want to know if I should make any last minute changes. Unfortunately I wont be getting a Blighted Agent or Invisible Stalker until after the tourney.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/simic-perfection-ezuri-claw-of-progress-edh/

It's shit for multiplayer but in a non-retarded format like Duel Commander this card can do some work.

And they all have the hidden ability of being extremely fetchable with Depala. Give us like maybe 3 more good dwarves, use all the vehicles except the 1 mana 2/1, who needs that, and fill the rest of the deck with older land destruction dwarves (who can be fetched) and your general good stuff RW cards so you don't get BTFO.

Bam perfectly serviceable deck. I expect to win with it often honestly.

yeah, but i don't really want to flicker stuff, just want to exile shit for free. like a table police man.

i also don't really like 3-color decks, especially since i want to build my next deck on a budget.

playng a one-trick-pony like this guy would be funny in my opinion. is there a strictly better version of him? cheap removal guy? i don't really care about winning, although it would be nice

Is maelstrom wanderer seen as a shitter commander?

Because I just want to run board wipes and board bounces for free

Who the fuck plays anything except duel commander? Multiplayer is such a chore, and it cuts the intensity to pieces as everyone cries about "don't hit me" and literally takes 10 minutes a turn.

1v1 commander is the only commander, and Depala will be totally viable there

Have you tried playing something that's not a trash format with 40 life?

Yes.

I have never met a single person in my life who plays by the retarded made up french ruleset, even in 1v1 matches. Not a single person.

No one plays that horseshit """"""""format"""""""""

Retard, inferno Titan can't fly, or be fetched, it's not even close to the same thing. And the 10/7 is not vanilla, it can't even be thrown in front of tokens, you seem to only be able to evaluate based on how much text is written on a card,
Do you even play real games?

Yes, but this is an EDH thread, not a draft/standard.

He isn't a shitter commander, but you would ahve a shitter deck.

Well you still haven't, we don't use frenchs ban list. I don't care what you'd call it, I'm only saying 1v1 singleton is the perfect game, and anything else is a nightmare and makes everyone want to put the game down for weeks. Just like monopoly.

Why tho? I don't understand the hate for him/it.

>Infernot titan can't be fetched

kys and play a real color.

My LGS plays 1v1 or 2HG exclusively since everyone is super hardass Spike.
I still wouldn't touch Depala with a 30 foot stick.

Does French commander have different banlists? Because I see those nigs running Primeval Titan in every single deck that has green.

>RG
Ew, that is my least favorite of all. Please remove yourself.