Kaladesh General - Constructed Edition

OId thread:
Let's talk Kaladesh!

Which cards do you think will see play in Standard or Modern? Which cards are you excited to put into a deck?

Holy shit Ajani!

>it's gonna be white/green in standard forever

JUST

Unless Ajani's due for an origins-tier revamp I don't think she'll be particularly interested in him as a beefslab.

I wasn't the guy who said they liked the flavor text, I just think it's kind of funny.

Oath of Ajani incoming bros, are you hyped?

I haven't seen a single modern playable card yet and limited looks like trash.

Who fucking knows for standard, white looks strong again and red looks weak again.

>two white oaths

we would be more likely to see a oath of ugin

>best planeswalker confirmed to finally return

I hope he and Gideon will be bros, talking shit about the Theros gods and being all just and cool with each other.

grand dad is probably still busy yelling at the neowalkers for killing the titans

and he was right, so maybe he can beat some sense into them

while the term 'beefslab' was pretty bad, I did find the segment where Lilly said "and then the eyecandy started talking', and completely ignores him while coming up with the right lie.

It captured this casual disdain and hedonism in a way that was effective, and got a little chuckle out of me.

>white gets an almost lightning strike at common
>red has to settle with table scraps always

KEK

Does Wizards just have a haterboner for Red or something?

So another Set with Six Walkers? What next a set with 8?

white has already had 4 damage instant to target attacking/defending creature for almost a whole year now

and what was what, 3 days ago, people were insisting that we'd never see Ajani again.

m/tg/ at it's finest.

We had 9 before.

You know maybe Ajaini does come to the Jacetice League just to ask Gideon about Teros gods.

>he did not expect an enourmous leonin with a twin-headed axe
Well, yeah. Considering he probably never saw a leonin in his life.

It'll most likely be GW you retard

>red gets burn that only hits creatures
WAAAH RED SUCKS WORC HATES RED
>white gets conditional burn that only hits creatures
OMFG WHITE GETS BETTER BURN THAN RED WTF

Veeky Forums: bad at magic since fucking forever

>friendly color oaths
>enemy color oaths
>3 color oaths

>see a draw blue spell spoiled
>it costs 50 mana and it's sorcery speed

This is kinda why I like Ajani. With a lot of Planeswalkers, they're humans so they blend in with the local populace with little more than a change of clothes.

On a number of planes, however, Ajani can draw "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THAT?" which I feel is nice for a planeswalker to have as an angle.

This is what dreams are made of

>4 color oaths in Commander confirmed
Expect everything.

How can expeditions even compete?

red has a much better creature removal card that was spoiled before this card.
People crying out about the death of red are intentionally ignoring reality, and this is actual proof right here.

Next block will be Allied colored with a GW Ajani and UB Tezzeret.

>dat bulge

Maybe it'll be Red/white? Ajani's been in that color before as an impulsive youth, and last we saw him he was row row fighting the power on Theros.

This card is pretty good.

>All the gatewatch plus others on the same plane
This can't end well.

>5 new 4-colored origins-style flip walkers
let's start the shitposting boys

Doesnt Gideon still like the gods? I mean I don't think he's renounced the or anything. His religion just doesn't really come up. It really should more often during these slice of life stories to characterize him some more.

we'll just have to wait an see, I'm excited either way if it's dual colored

>WAAAH RED SUCKS WORC HATES RED

This is somewhat justified as Red is almost unplayable in standard and it's only being saved by Fevered Visions and Kozileks Return

Red needs more than another 10 lightning strike cards that can only hit creatures

We know he doesn't like erebos.

too dark, i think

i think he should be sad but the surrounding be brighter

How tall is Ajani?

It will definitely look better as an actual card with foiling

He probably still hates Erebos, and wasn't Heliod in his story too? Like "old man on the road tells you some shit and it's secretly god" or something.

I think that after Heliod and Erebos lead to all of his buddies dying, it's safe to say he thinks they're a set of shits.

I swear to god if Wizards fucks up his card in Aether Revolt I will not buy a single booster pack of that set.

As if he didn't get a mono white card right after Theros block. Do you also think every future Tamiyo will be Bant? They just do that shit to either tick off boxes (there was no GW walker at the time so they used Ajani to tick that off) or to make sure the colors are balanced among the walker.

You don't have to worship all the gods. I think most therans worship just one or two. We know he worshipped Heliod. Heliod and Erebos have a feud so.

We already got confirmation for Bolas for Amonkhet though

>ramp gets to start every game with 4 lands in hand and 6-7 energy just in case it needs a free turn 4 emrakul

well at the very least erebos and his encounter with the god is a personal demon of gideon's, as revealed by jace's self-induced, anti-emrakul acid trip.

>GW Oath

This card will be insane as fuck knowing how much Wizards has been pushing those colors in the last years

Did Tamiyo have much of a character talked about before SOI? Her character in that was I think a very well done blue+selesnya charcter, but I can't remember if she ever did anything before besides "dude moon lmao"

I loved Mentor of Heroes

Yeah but Heliod do nothing to him. I don't think he dislikes Heliod. But also its probable being a walker walking the entire multimeter can make religious practices feel kind of pointless due to existential shit.

>be corporate kikes
>discover high-quality Chinese counterfeit cards
>throw them on the board room table
>"Gentlemen, how can we create expensive, desirable reprints without causing significantly lower prices for our secondary vendors?"

I see you are posting from your phone.

No, she did nothing before.

6'6", 250lbs

According to Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013.

While we're just mashing everybody the fuck up,
>Daxos learns he was tricked by Erebos
>somehow ends up on the same plane as Liliana
>she is intrigued by his story, decides to see if she can necro up a planeswalker, just because
>Elspeth the tainted, mono-black
>Ajani sees new Elspeth, gets mad pissed at Lili
>Whole Gatewatch gets in a huge fight
>Oh shit Garruk heard there was planeswalkers to axe, he's here too
>Nicol Bolas watches from a portal in his sweet pyramid while enjoying a delicious baklava

she was never really mentioned in OG innistrad despite getting a card, and every mention of her before inn2 was basically "she sure likes moons and is researching innistrad's silver moon"

God I hope so.

I swear to Bolas if they make Elspeth Black i personally kill every guy at WoTC with a really sharp spoon.

>Tibalt shows up at inventors fair
>his invention is an atomic bomb
>no more gatewatch

That you can be bothered to care is equally fascinating to me as it is disgusting.

please stop coming up with awful ideas that no one wants, wotc's fine at that on their own.

I'm just dying for Obby nix and garruk to double team lili over her magic evil veil. black planeswalker triple threat when?

sounds like a neat gangbang

>100 life
You can defeat 2 opponents using that lose 50 life artifact!

For some reason, planeswalkers are not strongly tied to their color of mana, if they get angry, they become red, if they get evil, they become black. Look at Sarkhan, he changed colors almost everytime he was printed.

They raped too much White on Innistrad, for me to let that pass.

Sarkhan is mad for a reason.

Which one?

Sarkhan was kind of mentally fucked.

Like Garruk

I really like this one. Especially because I wanna build a Mina and Denn energy deck with architect of the untamed.

>Recurring energy
>In blue

I'm only a little bit salty.

Hope other colors get some recurring energy

Mina and Dennergy, come on it's not that hard.

>We want the japanese audience

>only at sorcery speed

JUST

green has two and white has one already.

>best planeswalker

That's not Garruk

Which ones are you talking about?

I know there's landfall energy, what was the other one?

We definetly need more Obnoxious. How fucked were the uncharted realms that he was really likeable while the rest was ok or bland.

>japanese audience
Why?

So then, Tezzeret and Ajani in Aether Revolt?

If they stick to the same argument they did for Tamiyo "We had to make her tri-color to balance out having six walkers", then we could easily see Esper Tezzeret because of this.

>How fucked were the uncharted realms that he was really likeable while the rest was ok or bland.
Zendikar block's story as a whole were mostly garbage.

God I was hoping he would win over Nissa during their story but I knew it wouldn't happen.

the roc is the white one

They kill whale

Tezzeret will be UB again because its been awhile since Ashiok

On the other hand, I suppose it could just as easily be Naya Ajani.

I wonder which color won't get any at all
:^)

Either Esper Tezz or Naya Ajani.

Daxos is dead and a zombie
Necromancing a planeswalker is the same as killing, then unkilling them, promo zombiewalkers aside, that kills the spark
The rest of your idea is stupid.

Whaling is a popular meme about Japan

Oh right, forgot about that.

That's nice I guess, but I suppose "free" energy is just gonna be blue's thing

>Tezzeret
>Esper

There is nothing white about Tezz. He will be UB.

Cool shit yo. Blue could really use moee Timmy cards like this.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

10/10 flavor text.

What? Green is definitely the color most efficient about creating energy.

Ah, ok.

I didn't say they weren't efficient, I was saying the whale is "free" energy where the other's landfall and on player damage.

Which isn't bad, I was just hoping for something that just made energy on its own.

I was really hoping chandra'arrival would just be "Surprise motherfucker!" and prove that all of the fire is a better weapon than three inches of dirty water, but instead they had a great, dominant villain lose because reasons despite besting every one of the heroes, including the fucking cavalry. why is wotc's writing so fucking shit, even when they have all the potential in the world?

But he is a cunt, just like Esper players.

energy seems least relevant to black, honestly.

He kinda won. Also he got to one shot Jace and almost drown Giddy in a puddle.

So you mean literally just getting upkeep trigger for energy? Why would that be blue's thing based on on card that's a rare?