What do you do if your players get captured anons...

What do you do if your players get captured anons? Just have their captors bind and gag them or just throw them in a cell?

Hard Mode, no kinky action allowed

Depends on who captures them and the circumstance, but I'm fond of dropping them in a pit with guards to stop clerics from praying and wizards from meditating, and not letting them sleep for more than 6 hours a day.

Also, probably feeding them scraps, usually from their bags.

It all depends, if it's in a world where magic spells exist, (or powerful enough technology) and someone in the party can deus ex machina them all back together, then have one of the bad guys chop off their arms at the elbows, their legs at the knees, then cauterize the wounds so they don't bleed to death. Then gag their mouths, stuff cotton in their ears, and blindfold them.

Depends on who captures them.

>Hard Mode, no kinky action allowed
you're really pathetic. Why is that hard mode unless you're a mindless pervert who can't keep his pants on even for a session.

Usually, depending on who's captured them, they get put in a cell, stripped of all equipment and armor. They'll be bound and gagged.

Again this really depends on the setting and circumstances.

You're That GM.

In my setting, magic is a known thing. Even a backwoods borderland fort has several priestesses and magic-users, each led by a 6th level one respectively. People are aware that binding a caster's hands or gagging him prevents him from casting entirely.

If the captors have any idea what they're doing: Manacled, gagged, bag over head if I feel like being a dick, stripped of all valuables and equipment (especially armor and weapons), and watched if they have men available. If it's a civilized human settlement, they won't be held for more than a night before a leader decides what to do with them.

If the captors are dumb monsters like goblins or something: bound, stripped of equipment and valuables, put somewhere to rot, not consistently watched.

If the captors are really dumb or incompetent: Stripped of equipment and valuables, 25% bound, thrown into a situation they think the players won't survive.

Beasmen; fade to black, roll again

Orcs; maybe pitfight, , maybe eaten, maybe tortures then eaten. Time in binds where they can attempt to escape but those ropes are built to hold orc

Gonlins; bound and tortured. They escape or are eaten

Skaven; one chance to escape binds, a possible short slave arc, then reroll

Ogres; ransomed and/ or eaten

Dwarves; immediate execution, or reroll as the rest of their lives are spent in a lengthy series of appeals before authorities

Elves; killed on spot, kidnapped as slave labour or delivered back with mutilations

Lizard men; sacrificed or freed

Wow, this phone did a number on my syntax

One is a 3.5 homebrew for drunken fist. If nothing is actively paying attention to specifically him, he can make a free movement, 40' in any direction, through anything. Nobody knows how it happened and he is always too drunk to know what just transpired. I can not begin to tell you how many times in the world people and enemies have tried and failed to keep him locked away.

Man I haven't prayed, meditated or slept for more than 6 hours a day in years.

Eat pretty well though.

In any dungeon civilized enough to know about how magic works, our DM usually just says that our manacles are enchanted to prevent us from using spells. The alternative is having all of the casters bound, gagged, and thrown into separate cells, which will generally be no fun for their players, or potentially the wrong kind of fun for their players.

Makes sense, I'll try this
Thanks.

Stuff a demon inside of them (cults)
Make 'em fight for freedom on a cool arena (hobgobbos)
BBEG 1, the bandit lord, would tell his intentionally whiny edgy backstory 'til they throw up, escape or 'till their ally comes to help.
BBEG 2, the necromancer... that one is fucking sick in the head. Body horror counts as kinky?
so on

>implying PCs will ever concede defeat
If I tried to 'capture' anyone they'd just continuously do stupid shit to escape until I'm forced to either admit to railroading outright or kill them on the spot

>no kinky action allowed
>Hard Mode
I think it's time to admit that you have a problem.

Usually have them bound and gagged or at least jailed, with magic-users getting special treatments.
They might be allowed to keep their regular clothes because I don't want to have to deal with the 'the party is forced to strip' implications that tend to raise eyebrows.
Depending on how smart the captors are, two PCs could share a cell.
On the one hand, I don't want to ask for sauce because noncon's not my thing.
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that's Lucina!Morgan and she a cute! A CUTE!
Which reminds me that I need to make military uniforms in the vein of the 19-20th century the standard in my setting.

Not even a world thing, that purely depends on what group captures them. The one time my players got caught unexpectedly (they rolled poorly the entire time and I didn't see it coming that consistently) I asked for a twenty minute break so I could plan around what just happened.

Contrary to popular belief, telling your players "I didn't expect this, can I have a few minutes to plan?" doesn't lose you the respect of your players unless they were assholes to start with.

By using your no hard-mode for hard-mode

They must escape by un-kinking several ropes and cargo nets before they are executed via pic related

I once put an orcish prison arc into our 5e campaign.
Generic prison shenanigans with roll calls, canteen meals, working in the mines, trading stuff with other prisoners and getting harassed by the guards.
Also gave them constant hints about possible escape routes.
It turned out to be a lot more fun than I anticipated at first, so I made it longer and we all had a great time.
There is actually a lot of potential in the setting imho, but you need a chill party for it.

PC got captured last night.

She got jabbed with a hypodermic at the same time as the rest of her party (all NPCs at the time). Managed to quickdraw and murder the person who did, but...

Was kept drugged, upside down, and unconscious for a while. Only notable resurgence was being allowed to briefly rouse so that the one holding her could tell her exactly what he was about to do, namely, lead a boyfriend in, explain to him how she had never loved him, and explain that she was responsible for murdering his sister She was just conscious enough to hear half the talk, and enough to know boyfriend did nothing in her defense. Admittedly, he was half-possessed.

She later broke out because two comic relief minions who allegedly serve the same master as her captor decided "fuck that kid" and figured she would be an amusing way to wreak vengeance upon the obnoxious doctor.

PC got off lightly. Some of the NPCs got off much, much worse.
I can only hear the screaming.

if my players get captured i call the cops

OP is talking about binding and gagging, so clearly YOU are the captor in the question. Calling the cops is a terrible idea. If you want to ease out of the situation, try freeing them abd apologizing.

Refocus the plot on them getting back out, of course.