Connected to RenrakuNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The Warcrime Bots Episode 39.sim
>Clearsight.soft
>Mitsuhama Drone Catalog.zdf
>Rigger 4.0.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1337 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo, chummer, can you jack in into a dildo?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Do_Androids_Dream_Of__Dick.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07528449793297043895
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=56278459956940560509
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do Commlinks just come with a program slot?

and I wasn't really looking for it to do hacking, more the mundane stuff. That being said, if I stick a Dongle on it as well, could it hack then?

>Do Commlinks just come with a program slot?
No.

What vehicles/drones does your Rigger use?

How do I get a program slot in a Commlink, with which to stick an Agent?

ones appropriate to the task at hand?

Well sure, but I doubt you have a copy of every single drone and vehicle. Sooooo, what do you use?

Yekka, guy who was having strange crashes trying to open characters last thread
Here's the uploaded chummer files
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07528449793297043895

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=56278459956940560509

Steel Lynxes with hot-swappable weapons, armor and equipment modules...

and a motor-cycle modded with several auto-turreted LMGs

Would you say characters with the regeneration power are tankier or characters with a pain editor+lots of damage resist dice?

Thats not how you use a dongle, you dingle

Regeneration won't save you from a big damage spike.

So is regeneration ever worth taking, considering you have to give up most augs unless they're deltaware and I don't think you can use geneware either?

It can still save you from overflow, both physical and stun, so there is that.

Another thing to consider is that you can't regenerate attacks from magic? Might want to double check that.

That's true, you can't regenerate from damage caused by weapon foci, combat spells, adept powers, critter stuff, etc.

By hardwiring in a cyberdeck module.

Regeneration makes you horrifyingly survivable. It's arguably the best PC-accessible effect in the game. Still wear as much armor as possible regardless.

My players are going camping in the wilderness of Cascadia. What Fun™ critters and/or paracritters are native to the region around Seattle? What complications might arise once they stake out their campground?

Inb4 sleeping on a native burial ground, that's already planned.

But if your stun track gets one-shot, after the combat turn would you just come back to consciousness if your regen gives you at least one box of stun back?

Yes. Play dead. Or if the shooters are competent, start running.

Well, hopefully my initiative is higher—actually, what happens to initiative if that happens? Could I get up next turn and attack them or start running?

It's something to talk with your GM about, as unconsciousness is really shittily written about in 5e.

The most dangerous things in Cascadia are the Redneck Hippies and the fairies.

Seriously, don't fuck with fairies.

are we talking drakengard fairies here, or dick ass sidhe fairies

or both

Well they're invisible and they can fly, so you're in trouble either way.

Gets chummers.

So you finally made it! You finished your first run and got a cool paycheck. The Johnson even threw in a bonus! So what do you spend that hard earned Nuyen on first?

10 cheap prostitutes.

Ammo.

>earns enough money to get out of the life
>spends it all on more ammo for the next run

As many doses of K-10 as I can afford.

I then inject them all at once into my carotid.

First: I'm gonna buy a month of a lifestyle that isn't squatting in a basement.

Then: I'm gonna talk to my dealer about some drugs.

Finally: I'm gonna invite the whole group over to my housewarming Party

Whatever lifestyle I happen to be using and then the rest on drugs.

Not to use, mind you. I just want to fill a room floor to ceiling with drugs. Literally.

It gets rerolled at the start of every round, as normal.

The real power of Regeneration, though (aside from it taking way longer to actually put you down for good) is that you show up to every fight fresh. Normal warriors show up to each new encounter with chips taken out of their health along the way.

One expensive prostitute.

But if it's full floor to ceiling, how will you dive in like Scrooge McNovacoke?

Companion Drone.
I've been wanting one for an age.
Jam it full of sensors and skill programs.

Horizontally, chummer!

Little Buddy, or Proletarian?

squirrel it away in my ally spirit fund so that i wont be so lonely one day..

Y'know, I've always wanted a venom gland.

Direktionssekretar.

Venom gland + spurs is a great investment, chummer.

Little Buddy.
I'm an old man.
I'm not going to degenerate into drone fucking in my last few years.

That's not a companion, that's a PDA on legs. At least get an i-Doll with Realistic Features so you can-

Fine, be that way.

First things first, refill the drink dispenser on my gun.

Second, renew my subscription to That's So Sparkeldog, cry about missed opportunities again

Third, get something nice for the Drone.

Four, get some fucking monowire for the windows to keep the gangers out.

Five, get some more blood bags to replace the ones I used up during the run.

Six, forget I need to replace my expired Freeze Foam, get drunk instead

>degenerate
More like ascend into a purer kind of fucker.

With enough Jazz, anything in possible.

You can give the Direktionssekretar Realistic Features 4 and it'll have a higher Pilot and better Autosofts than the i-Doll.

You know, if you were into that kind of thing.

And then you can give it Agility and Strength 8 limbs, spurs, hydraulic jacks, a smuggling compartment to store a hardwired RCC that runs Rating 6 autosofts and... shit, wait, now it's the party's new Street Samurai and not just a fuckdoll.

>Four, get some fucking monowire for the windows to keep the gangers out.

The Ferret drones from R5 are great for that. Cheap, already armed with tasers, and easily released via doggy door in Swarms. and I'm not saying that it's easy to switch out the taser with a Light Fire 70 and give some persistent fragger the surprise of his life, but I know a guy...

Cliché but classic.

Basically, The entire point of buying a drone to fuck is that you don't want the hassle of dealing with something smart. It only needs one Autosoft, and 3 Pilot is plenty to use it.

Speaking of Lifestyles, how often do you guys pay rent? Once per session? Once per completed job? Or do you guys actually track the passage of time on a monthly basis?

Listen mate, all it takes is a one decker who knows his ones from his zeroes and your precious fuck doll is going to put her thumbs in your eyes mid thrust and player hungry hungry hippos with your frontal lobe.

We keep a running tab of actual time spent in game. We pay once a month.

>Or do you guys actually track the passage of time on a monthly basis?

Of course we do. The entire point of monthly payments is to schedule shit. You know how much work you have to do, and how long you have to do it, before the landlady comes and breaks your kneecaps for being late.

If you pay every session/run, there's no pressure to take that shitty job so you have cash in hand in three days, and no relief when you work 3 jobs back to back and you build up a financial buffer to keep you safe for a while as you pay for some sweet mods for the Northstar.

A nicer suit.

>tfw the landlord is a vampire and plans to make sure you'll pay one way or another
>she still won't fix our fucking gas leak

So, did you get the testicle back?

>tfw the landlord isn't a vampire, and takes rent in blood anyway.

This post just made me wonder why a non-vampire might want someone's blood, and it gave me an idea.

Plausible deniability.

Donate a bunch of blood to a blood bank. Then, very publicly, steal tons of blood from the bank while masked or otherwise disguised.

Fill up the packs on one of those fake blood spray rigs with stolen blood.

And then leave a vast enough trail of random assholes' blood through every shootout that the cops start filtering out results from anyone whose blood was at that blood bank at the time of the robbery.

Congrats! Now even when your real blood is found at the scene of a crime, they'll think it's just some random asshole's left by your crew.

brilliant
BRILLIANT

What, is he gonna knock on her door and ask her for it back, omae? I'm positive my last landlady dried hers out and made wind chimes out of them.

are lasers worth it at all?

Only if you have corp backing and are mounting it on a drone.

>are lasers worth it at all?
Only the biggest one.

Lasers have their damage drop off with every range increment, so you want as long of a range as you can get, and anything but the biggest one just doesn't have even close to enough range.

Then you mount that motherfucker on a drone so you don't have to worry about powering it.

Any other laser is a novelty at best, because they don't do enough damage per shot to be an effective weapon for stealthily neutralizing targets.

>Then you mount that motherfucker on a drone so you don't have to worry about powering it.
Or learning exotic skills.

So how old is an Ork considered physically mature? whats their average lifespan? Oni share the same lifespan due to the fact they're just a variant as well dont they?

I'm just about to start an LA game, with an ex Lone Star detective turned private eye (and burned his SIN), and a Justin Bieber type (Horizon corp SIN, day job maxed and global fame[only 25 from the qualities]) who's booked a role as a detective and is studying so as to be more method under the other PC while secretly looking for his brother who went Departed style undercover years ago, and his handler got killed in another random run.

They're the only two regular PCs, the third has irregular work hours, so they'll show up intermittently.

I'd love some ideas for runs or flavor to use in this, but I mostly want to brag at this point. I finally get to run a goddamn game!

Orcs mature early, reaching adulthood around...13 I think? They die earlier on average as well, around 50, but that's skewed because they also tend to work the more dangerous jobs.

Ork - 35-45 years
Troll - 45-55 years

A good rule of thumb is that orks are at least 50% older physically than their chronological age.

So at 10 they're physically ~15, at 20 they're physically 30+, and at 40 they're physically 60+. Most orks die before they're 50.

>Oni share the same lifespan due to the fact they're just a variant as well dont they?
All ork metavariants share the normal ork aging pattern unless mentioned otherwise.

So Orks could theoretically start running around 15 years old huh?

Way earlier than that, even, especially if they're put into a situation where their many siblings require some kind of financial support.

A 12-year-old ork is physically ~18, after all. You might see an ork who first starts running at 10-11, even, especially if they start with amateur hour stuff for gangs and such.

Don't Trolls have a more human lifespan than Ork?

Marginally. Their lifespan still sucks though.

Both can get a human lifespan if they were born human. This almost never happens, but when it does it's almost 100% certain that the child will goblinise around puberty.

How do I use cosmetics and cyber/bio to turn a man into this in sr?

Go home Kevin Smith, you're drunk.

you posted this a couple threads ago. its a dog. why do you want that SPECIFIC image of a dog laying in a puddle?

Just say dog.

I'm trying to find a city for my ex Lone Star detective to have been based before he burned his SIN and turned runner. Where the fuck do Lone Star have contracts? any in California?

Aren't Lone Star in LA and Seattle?

I have no idea I cant find any info on LA in the books I have downloaded.

Do this, call it Hatchetman 2.0, try to give it access to the current day Version of the Shadowland BBS.

Are orthoskin or dermal plating compatible with the innate troll armor? They both say they're incompatible with armor-granting skin augmentations, but the natural troll armor isn't an augment.

I'm assuming they are compatible since neither one actually replaces the existing skin, but you never know.

Not compatible.
Its even explicitely stated somewhere but fuck if i know where.

They used to have the contract for Seattle and in fact still do provide some prison services there.

Assuming your game is in the current metaplot timeline (2078), it wouldn't be out of the question for your character to have worked for them in 2071.

They still do have a presence in many cities in the UCAS and CAS.

Wait I thought it was still 2075? what the fuck happened..

Most of the info on LA is in Corporate Enclaves

Alright, yeah, I can confirm that none of the initiative die boosts from infected are appearing properly.

Hey Yekka, could you implement an Option to choose Cyberlimbs as an Option to calculate the Dicepools shown for Weapons (and maybe even other skills)?

Atm I have a char with 4 highly customized Limbs but the Attackpool for his pistol is calculated by using his AGI 1 Bodystat.

Addendum:
A few threads ago i requested an option to calculate the physical Limit solemly based on the Stats of your Cyberlimbs if you have 4 of them (as per an new optional Rule in the german ChromeFlesh that allows exactly that). Would be cool if you could implement that.

It was 2075 when SR 5 got released but the Metaplot isn't fixed to the release year.

Addendum2:

To be more precise:

Physical Limit is calculated (STR*2 + BOD + REA)/3
At the Moment, Chummer is using only the Body stats for this.
It would be cool if there was an option to instead have it use the (averaged) STR of the Cyberlimbs (as per the optional new Krautrule) if a player has 4 of them.

Ford americars.
He erases the tags, sets up a RCC, removes the plates and fills them with 200 pounds of anfo.

No idea why they don't make that a legit rule for cyber torsos.

Yeeka, Mutaqua have some sort of a bug calculating their augmented attributes.

Make a base Troll.

Give it Mutaqua.

Add points to Str. When it hits 10 Str, the bonus just disappears.

Cybertorsos (at least in the Krautrules, not sure about the original ones, but stuff like this is usually communicated with CGL) are explicitely stated to not having any stats of their own since they are only hulls.
And I'm really glad for this, because stat-wise, Cybertorsos are utter garbage.
You can put everything you want to use their capacity for directly into the body of the user and still pay less essence.
Utter garbage.

It also glitches if you make your Str 10 beforehand. 9 it's fine, 10 it bugged out and the bonus disappears.

Also the initiative die bonus is still not there on Mutaqua.

Do you guys rigidly impose (or have GMs who rigidly impose) the availability rules? If not, how do you houserule them? If so, what do you do about the excessively long time periods wasted while your gear appears (or doesn't)?

Also, why are most contacts, even fixers, worse at finding gear than a half-decent face?