MtG Kaladesh Spoiler Discussion

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sDIkDOtAuoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey not affinity

Ajani was confirmed, yes, but for which side is he fighting?

It is kind of worse as you can't cheat with 0 mana cards like memeknights.

>converted mana cost
but we could have made cluelossus!

You also can't use memnites because they are creatures.

Huh. I'm kind of into it.

Probably shit.

And to the guy before, yeah, Harnessed Lightning is excellent removal, and you get free energy from a damn land. Probably a 4-of in every red deck.

Why include the Caravan? I mean, it's a mana rock when it's not crewed, but isn't the point of the deck to wrap all your tiny dudes up in big dudes and swing with them? You could easily instead drop a few Welding Sparks there.

Considering hes literally breaking Chandra out and going against the consuls, probably the good guys.

Four copies straight into WackyRacers.dec.

I think they mean affinity as the mechanic, not the deck. It's a cost reduction effect that cares about your artifacts.

Neat card, neat trips. Not sure a vanilla 10/10 is good enough to see play though.

You can cast this turn 5 of Hedron Archive. That's pretty neat. And you can sax 2 clues to buy it back

>about half of the set already spoiled so far
>6 giant, humanoid robots
>8 vehicles
>still no mechs
COME ON YOU FUCKERS
JUST GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT ALREADY

I definitely don't think it's too good, but it is a great timmy card and is probably good enough for limited.

Well, we've got the spider-style walker already, that counts as a type of mech, doesn't it?

This is almost a mech.

Because the deck is mana intensive as fuck, especially with Delpala. And it also allows casting Sovereign one turn earlier, and that might be an argument for including another one. Plus the deck runs a handful of one drops you can plop off after casting it. And the butt is big.

And going all in without being Sligh or Weenie White is suicidal.

giant, humanoid robots
>>still no mechs

lol wat

>It is kind of worse as you can't cheat with 0 mana cards like memeknights.
So it's a fixed affinity then.

Those aren't crewed which is what he wants.

It's a tip of the fedora to old players

Affinity is fine and doesn't need to be fixed, and they already fixed affinity for artifacts with metalcraft

Metalcraft is nothing like affinity except it's artifact related.

aethersquall looks dope

hooray for leviathans not sucking

youtube.com/watch?v=sDIkDOtAuoo

I feel like it'll get some rotation in standard at least

Also any excuse to play blood and thunder is a good one

SEVEN mana to do LITERALLY nothing.

Play into it with energy on you? 3 energy a turn makes energy purging a little easier to accept doing I'd venture

It gives your opponent a whole turn to deal with it though
Plus, in limited it's ALREADY a 6/6 flier. This thing SCREAMS "Winmore" to me

You expect people to have eight energy just lying around most of the time this hits the field? IF it hits the field?

Leviathans are intro deck tier 99% of the time, this is no exception.

I suspect this was originally designed as an intro deck rare before they got binned

Stop being retarded.

He's got a point though. Kill spells are in a sore state right now

Most things are complete non-issues given the right answer; a late game recurring board clear+ might be great for a deck long on energy creation. Certainly it seems like a well-made deck could have more than 8 energy heading into a turn 5-6-7.

I just don't see a potential recurring boardwipe/energy battery as pure chaff. Glint cranes and some glassblower puzzlesknot gives me a feeling blue is going to be well represented

We don't have 2 mana barely conditional instants. We have multiple 3 mana instant unconditional, one 2 mana exiling unconditional (though at sorcery speed) that also fucks tokens in the ass with a pipe... I mean, yes, it's not Swords to Plowshares, but come the fuck on.

Precisely. Removal is shit right now.

>He's got a point though. Kill spells are in a sore state right now

1 for 1 removal is in a very bad spot right now, but then again, the format is slow. There aren't really any aggro builds to account for, so you won't be losing a ton of tempo. Furthermore, a lot of the removal now has additional benefits. Dec in Stone obviously has a downside, but Unlicensed Disintegration has a cool burn possibility, and Ruinous Path can be great late game.

Boardwipes are complete ass right now, I'd 100% agree. Again though, the game is slower without early mana creatures and a shift towards midrange decks.

Removal is in a bad state, but at least it's not counterspells and card draw (aka blue in general)

>Murder is A-OK
>2cmc sorceries with negative card advantage is A-OK
Tell me how great counterspells are too senpai

To be fair I'm a little impressed with Unlicensed Disintegration even though it's probably not good enough to see play

Murder was fine for Standard. Disintegration is even better.

>1 for 1 removal is in a very bad spot right now
It's really not that bad. Board wipes are going to be horrible if they don't print another Languish though.

Play white.

>Removal is in a bad state, but at least it's not counterspells and card draw (aka blue in general)
Wait, blue can draw cards? I thought that was in green's slice of the pie.

Unlicensed Disintegration is basically an easier-to-cast murder in R/B decks with upside. I'd be surprised if it didn't see some Constructed play, even if it's just a 1 or 2 of in some R/B artifact aggro build.

It's okay for this Standard, though I think Murder/Disintegration are going to see more play with Vehicles around.

It's been a long time since Tragic Slip. You need to let go eventually.

I mean, it IS in both. Black too.

>It's really not that bad. Board wipes are going to be horrible if they don't print another Languish though.

I mean, in comparison to what I'm used to with stuff like Victim of Night / Go For the Throat / Dismember, it's bad. But you're right, in context it's fine.

Lel, sad but true

Oh look its ajani. Whens jace showing up to surprise save everything again. Fuck this games story telling god its awful.

>ywn have to find first gear in your giant robot car.

>Ajani's actually back, and on a card

YES

So when's Elspeth going to get a happy ending? Not even some redemption arc, just straight up "I'm done, I'm staying on Theros. Bye guys."?

And Jace'll probably just fuck something up this time around. Ajani's got this.

This is probably the wrong place for it, but I've had an idea.
>be oldwalker
>chill out on Dominaria for a few centuries
>suddenly time rifts
>whatthefuckbro.jpg
>hop in one, no fucks given
>come out, see that faggot Teferi trying to close them
>says they'll break the entire Multiverse
>says we're gonna get nerfed, but it's the only way
>fuck that shit
>figure out how they're breaking everything
>figure out how to make one
>hop through time past this Mending shit
>hey, look at that, Multiverse is still here, faggot was wrong
>time to fuck shit up because I'm an immortal godling with no sense of right and wrong, wonder how Yawggie's doing
>fucking weak-ass walkers, why are they annoying me, that red bitch just burnt my shirt and the blue faggot keeps trying to fuck with my brain
Good block villain?

Elspeth is still in the underworld and Dack is trying to rescue her.
I imagine we will be going back soon to help Ajani in a jailbreak.

FUCK
OFF
VRONAK

Elspeth's happy ending involves standing over Elesh Norn's corpse.

>He's with us this block AND next block

Oath of Ajani confirmed?

>When Oath of Ajani enters the battlefield, search your deck for an Elspeth planeswalker card and put it into your hand.

It doesnt work in standard because she's dead :^)

No since the mending is basically an world effect that's still going. As soon as he pops back in, the mending will take effect
See Nahiri who went into the Hellavault before the mending, got out after, and was weakened.

>4 Planeswalkers on the first set
>2 Planeswalkers already confirmed for the next set
>9 Planeswalkers from past sets that wont rotate out.

So we will get to the point where the entirety of the mythics will be planeswalkers.

What is with Wizards and sucking Planeswalkers dicks so hard.

Sounds dumb. If for some reason they want Pre-mending walker vs. post-mending walkers shenanigans they should probably just let Nicol Bolas win and ascend to his former power; y'know, actually deliver on all this meaningless build-up.

>Maro getting fucking butthurt over the Gatewatch being called the Jacetice League
>Is actually just the Justice League

To be fair, the Weatherlight Saga was the only thing that was ever good. Everything before that was awful and/or nonexistent and everything after that was somehow even worse than the threadbare bullshit that came before.

Flavor text has a similar story. It's kind of a worrying when "Ach Hans run" is now mid-tier flavor instead of bottom-of-the-barrel.

Good. They're fun cards to play with and Superfriends decks are great.

Planeswalkers are cool and you need to stop being a cynical faggot. I don't care if I'll get shit for this on this contrarian image board, planeswalkers are a cool part of the game. Shut the fuck up and stop bitching

It would've been kinda neat if Nahiri had been unaffected, and would've given Bolas a clear end game of trying to steal her spark.

>Elspeth
>Happy ending
>Her BF is a crazy zombie now
>She's trapped in the underworld

Yeah no only suffering

Prints money, and new players think they're fun/skill-testing cards

What's worse for me is that they push every single PW to be Standard-playable so they get face time at tournaments, but they're absolutely fine printing garbage 'wacky' blue mythics and red mythic dragons every set

I haven't played mtg in years and the new planeswalker focused jace-tice league corny bullshit is bringing me back.

>What's worse for me is that they push every single PW to be Standard-playable so they get face time at tournaments, but they're absolutely fine printing garbage 'wacky' blue mythics and red mythic dragons every set
Which isn't to say that I don't love shitty mythics, I just dislike that every PW is pushed because they want everyone playing PWers

Superfriends is pretty fun but not when playing against them with little to no strong creatures

>implying that there's anything good about the gatewatch

The protagonists, then.

Where is the best place to hotglue?

Nissa's cleavage?
Chandra's thighs?
Liliana's belly?
Jace's face?
Gideon's butt?

She could probably walk out if she wanted to without putting on the mask. But she's probably going to sit there till Dack comes in asking for a way out and then together they'll bust out and save the Jacetice league and then join so that there'll be 3-4 good characters there.

Fuck that's not what I meant. I like Planeswalkers and I like the different and out of place characters we get like Ashiok that just sort of pop up in random places. I miss solo stories about individual planeswalkers going on adventures fuck it who am I kidding I just miss Elspeth

chandra's retconned strawberry blonde hair

Warm thighs > everything else.

Have you fucking seen the creatures in this set?

Have you even looked at the color green in the past year?

Nigga I play BUG memedrazi
Planeswalkers are hard to touch when they ramp in lightning fast

She existed in the world at the time the Mending happened, she just didn't notice because she went crazy a while ago. This hypothetical guy didn't. For that matter, you could just say "it's time bullshit" and leave it at that.

but fucking no
Planeswalkers get their power from the Blind Eternities. No matter what time travel bullshit you pull, you're going to end up weakened because access to the BE's is still limited.

Only way Elspeth is coming back within the next year is if Theros and Amonkhet's underworlds are somehow connected.

Which is both possible and retarded and I hope they don't do that because of just how retarded it'd be.

>ramp into Planeswalkers in this meta

And I play that deck too, what planeswalkers even give that deck trouble, because I havent seen them. You infinitely recur tons of creatures and tap down their lands while torching their board. What part of that loses to walkers?

Dude the weatherlight saga is universally accepted as the worst story in magic history, it was so much worse than what we have now

I've been playing since mirage and people like to forget hown boring dominaria and the Phyrexians got, I honestly prefer the current story

And to anyone who thinks urza is a better character that jace doesn't actually read the stories and just buys the meme that he's smug and omnipotent

Why that's so retarded it's now what's most likely to happen

So Ajani saves Chandra, joins the Gatewatch, asks them to help save Elspeth, and Return to Theros late-2017?

dack fayden is trying to rescue elspeth?

I'm not trying to say Jace is better, in fact they're really close in qualities except urza is more of a Gary stew

No, he and Chandra and Nissa fuck off and make Naya Elf Cat babies.

The comic ended with him entering the underworld trying to steal Erebos' treasure so that he could beat Ashiok away from Theros.

I mean opinions are opinions but the story now is bullshit. I just liked weatherlight it felt more continuous like there was an actual story. Now its just "heres a plane also heres jace and his buddies hey good job guys you did it.

Jace isn't even on Kaladesh.

>the "random guy from random plane" planeswalker slots will now always be taken up by members of the memewalker five or walkers from the current block plane

What the fuck is the fucking point of being a planeswalker if you just hang out in your own world. Do more cool foreshadowing of things to come with more randoms

Jace is literally pushing papers on Ravnica until he investigates Bolas on Amonkhet

They were shit stories and the characters got really thin really fast, like your bitching about Jace and his friends when they aren't even all there and only marginally related to the story when the weatherlight saga was literally all about captian sisay and friends, like do you not understand the thing your bitching about is the more true for the thing you like?

Be honest, we're you a kid when they came out because its probably nostalgia

That's like saying if you had a car you'd never go home.

Liliana's stated intention of turning them into her own league of super villains is pretty cool.

Too bad it's doomed to fail.

>Tybalt's first card was so lackluster he'll never appear again
>We'll never get any stories about him being an excellent example of villainous red

that's not at fucking all similar

You can go off and see countless other worlds vastly different from your own, and yet the only planeswalkers we're ever introduced to are ones that are from the current plane.

It's like saying I have a spaceship with infinite fuel but I'd rather sit my ass on my own living room couch

Just you wait on the fucking change-up where Liliana barters with him or some shit and we get Tibalt with the veil and he's still a 2 drop but he recur shocks and if it hits a player they discard, has both players sac a land as a second ability, and a 4 cost ult that discards both players hands, then does damage to target player equal to cumulative mana cost

>2 planeswalkers confirmed for next set
have they? I could see ajani not actually getting a card if his entire role in the story is just "suddenly leonin"

You know what would be really fun and interesting? A block where Ashiok is the protagonist

You know what would be fun? A story where Koth goes to some tropical islander lore themed plane to meet and gain tutelage from a volcano god to help save his own plane.

What do we get? Mystery Inc. meeting a special guest character in every plane

What's Nissa's role in the story again?

I dunno, for most of these Planeswalkers home is home. I mean, she Saheeli Rai probably goes off plane to see what artificers on other planes are making but she's got friends on Kaladesh, she's well known and respected there, she's awesome at their RoboPokemon battles. Why wouldn't she spend time there? Same actually goes for a lot of Planeswalkers, actually, and the ones we see who like to see the Multiverse are a minority.

The Weatherlight Saga covered all of 4 planes. And you can arguably toss Phyrexia out of that because the crew didn't really go there.

It was all Dominaria and Rath with a short layover on Mercadia.