Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Why aren't you playing a worshiper of Hastur who fulfills his Deific Obedience by dressing like a pretty princess in a floofy poofy gown every day?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3eWJhUjJ2Q2pHcnM/view
sendspace.com/file/hmpbli
sendspace.com/file/tjnofw
docs.google.com/document/d/1QwizRjfkg0inFpMqG22lHdIcIRt9glXY_SyAdFJv-wU/edit
desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/tg/image/1467/44/1467446811902.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fuck off weebs

We were still in page 5!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

You got something against weebs, user?

Third for who the hell has a link to that 300 mb cache of Roll20 style tokens?

Yes
They ruin everything they touch

Motherfuck, user. You can make your own roll20 style tokens using Token Tools.

Because one could just as easily wear fluffy dresses without worshiping horrors from beyond the stars.

Tell me about the times you pitched an idea as a joke, figuring it'd be worth a good laugh before pulling out your actual idea, only to find out that everybody loved the joke and wanted to run with it. Then it turned out to be something really fun. Surely I can't be the only one who this keeps happening to.

I rather enjoy the presence of Weaboos as they are inclined towards decadence, debauchery, and flattery.

I am aware, but those ones were supposedly super high quality. Like this mofo right here.

We're literally two clicks away from Otaku Culture and Anime.

Your opinion is noted and discarded, outer thing.

This tends to happen with characters more than concepts.

Probably because I give myself slack to expand on the character rather than work within narrow parameters set by a very specific vision of something SUPER SERIOUS.

Disregarding that, Veeky Forums has about a 40% weeb population.

Why not, you ask?

Because I don't lean toward that character concept and don't have a campaign to play in even if I did.

That you, Mr. Enchantment Sorc? If not, what happened? If so, what happened now?

Nyarlatoteph, best eldritch waifu

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3eWJhUjJ2Q2pHcnM/view

Hello all. I've just pushed an update to the Spellburst Savant (v37 now). In particular:

>removed their ability to turn damage cantrips into healing (sorry)
>added clarifying wording to Extracurricular Spells about components/levels/etc

ALSO. I wanted to let people know that this Friday, I'm going to be taking the patron vote for which project I start for uploading next month. Might not be relevant to most people, but for people who've pledged, check your email when it comes up.

Pic unrelated. I'm actually interested in knowing if anyone knows what this cropped page is from.

>Veeky Forums has about a 40% weeb population.

We're gonna deport these gooks, build a firewall and make /jp/ pay for it.

Make Veeky Forums great again!

Can we deport /pol/fags back to their containment board too?

I don't see it, myself.

That is an unconscionable horror from beyond the stars, not your waifu.

But the weebs are fun, they're what make this board so great.

Without weebs, Veeky Forums would just be a scattered collection of 40k wankfests and the occasional angry discussion of Elf slaves.

How do we stop misogyny in pathfinder?

I know it may sound alarmist (and no - the problem isn't that big), but as a women you do run into some problematic/questionable stuff.

Do Deconstruct Energy/Intention/Effect count as Metamagics for the purpose of feats or other effects, such as Magical Lineage reducing the price?

No, we aren't having that "discussion" here. We can't "discuss" anything here. We're all idiots and dumb-dumbs.

Would you like 266 MB of mostly anime-style tokens, with a grand total of 347 tokens? If so, they can be downloaded here:
sendspace.com/file/hmpbli

Here is a bonus pack of 11.6 MB of 17 more tokens:
sendspace.com/file/tjnofw

A women?

...Normally, I wouldn't ask, but it's been that kind of night: are you a hive-minded alien lifeform?

The problem is with the group, not the setting.

Unless you have specific examples of problematic content in Golarion?

It is actually me, but I haven't been able to touch that character in months. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up in the air. The thing that sparked this is unrelated, but I may have to wait to see how it plays out.

Is that first link the same as the original link? I don't want to download it a second time if I already have everything from it.

What's the situation thus far?

I joked about my character getting a piece of his soul shaved off and shoved into the Sorshen clone from SS, resulting in a separate, entirely new person. Similar to how soulbound constructs work. This was because I thought we were writing the clone off and never speaking of it again. The GM latched onto that shit and took off with it. Turns out despite another player's insistence, he did not in fact want to just ignore the clone.

The first link is indeed the same as the original.

How would one go about making a Mortal Kombat character in PF? I'm talking the sort of character that breaks bones and murders the everloving fuck out of its enemies with nothing buts their bare hands and maybe a tool or two.

(3pp allowed)

>That entire spoiler

Uhh, dude, you do know this means you can fuck the Runelord of Lust powered by a piece of your own soul, she'll probably see it as masturbation.

Steelfist Commando.

Because I'm not a weaboo faggot.

>If the spellburst savant has an ability that reduces the cost of a metamagic feat (such as the Magical Lineage trait), when used with a nova spell, it reduces the total adjustment, if applicable.

Yes.

:D

You're a dream, user.

I want to dream about you tonight, user.

Hello /pfg/ I am planning on playing a kineticist however it seems a little bare bones; anyone have a suggestion for good 3pp material to spice it up or add to existing elements.

Considering my character, he probably wouldn't do that, since he'd probably consider her to technically be his daughter. Even as bizarre as the circumstances surrounding her gaining life would be. I will also point out I am the same person who bitched about a problem player. I almost want to thank that player, because this will be way more fun than what the trap was intended to do.

I need suggestions for more spirits for the Unchained Medium!

In the latest version, I've included means for the UnMedium to change out their feats, so that they can ACTUALLY be versatile! I've also upped the amount of influence they can accrue at later levels before suffering penalties or losing control, which means more uses for your abilities!

Currently, I'm stumped on: Neutral Evil Intelligence, the Lawful spirits (Good, Neutral, Evil) of Charisma, the Evil spirits of Dexterity (Lawful, NE, Chaotic Evil).

I had some ideas, but keep in mind:

>Each Primary Spirit (the original six spirits of the medium) has an ability score associated with it
>Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma
>Champion, Trickster, Guardian, Archmage, Hierophant, Marshal, respectively

The secondary spirits (what I'm calling the other spirits that the medium can channel alongside his Legendary/Primary spirits) should fit under one of those categories.

For Neutral Evil, I was thinking something like a Daemon, something of calculated destruction. Should I take some of the features from the Daemon sorcerer bloodline for it? Or just come up with something unique? I already pretty much stole stuff from the Draconic Bloodline for the LG Strength Spirit (The Dragon).

For the Lawful Charisma spirits, I was thinking:

>Lawful Good Charisma: the Gallant: Lay on Hands, Channel Energy, stuff for protecting the innocent
>Lawful Neutral Charisma: the Merchant: can alter the properties of magical items? I don't have any ideas
>Lawful Evil Charisma: the Seducer: Succubus???

For the Evil Dexterity Spirits:

>Lawful Evil Dexterity: The Assassin: Gets sneak attack, possibly invisibility and teleportation?
>Neutral Evil Dexterity: The Mercenary: Dex-to-Damage, Weapon Finesse, crit-fishing?
>Chaotic Evil Dexterity: I have no clue

docs.google.com/document/d/1QwizRjfkg0inFpMqG22lHdIcIRt9glXY_SyAdFJv-wU/edit

The link is above- comment and suggest stuff if you have ideas!

Your daughter's a slut, user.

She 's not even a week old you sicko

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/tg/image/1467/44/1467446811902.pdf

It just comes naturally to her.

I angered a colossal red dragon. I wildshaped into a red dragon and used my breath weapon. I uh... forgot there was a red dragon nearby we hadn't seen yet.

We fucking ran as i pissed all over the fortress.

It flew over our fortress and headed to the tower i pissed on. It fucking breathed and caused a massive explosion because we are in the upper troposphere and its fire breath was so damaging.

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS INCINERATE A TOWER

Thanks looks good so far!

Considering the clone is basically a blank canvas, you are implying that the soul she has a sliver of is a slut. You just called her 'father' a slut.

Wow, you can just google search Kineticists of Porphyra and that comes up.

To the user, if you like that one, go on and check out the two sequels which give 2 new elements and a bunch of other awesome content. Also check out legendary Kineticists, which has the Mind element.

And I'm the writer of these three books.

Her "father" is played by a person posting on /pfg/. We're all sluts in one way or another here and that makes her dad a slut too.

Well shit. I don't have a comeback for that.

You don't? Approximately five waifu for the price of one, user, honestly it's a steal.

Why doesn't your character have a signature technique or spell with a spiffy name, /pfg/?

Why? Do you want to be bullied instead?

Is there a worse gestalt combo than Fighter/Ranger? I'm even allowing PoW, and one of my players wants to go for it.

He's even playing a human because apparently being a god damn Fighter and having the Ranger's Combat Style didn't grant enough feats.

Because it's too early in the narrative. He needs to work tirelessly at it for a while, but not quite get it right until a suitably dramatic moment.

Rogue/Ranger

I wouldn't be so mad if he wasn't planning on using a two handed weapon anyway. At least Rogue/Ranger would get Sneak Attack and better class skills.

Rogue/Swashbuckler

Yeah you're right. Rogue/Ranger would be great due to flanking pet buddy and sneak attack.

Monk / Rogue?

Commoner/Expert.

Monk/Rogue = super nonlethal build

Ring ding ding.

But what about throwing Kineticist in the mix? What's going to be shittier, a Kineticist//Rogue or Kineticist//Swashbuckler?

> playing a one armed character
How would one do this? Is it even worth it?

Depends on whether or not blasts can apply sneak attack damage I think.

> Players who treat Pathfinder as a waifu simulator
Anyone had this happen to them?

You would pretty much have to be a caster, since any martial fighting style outside of PoW that never requires two hands will be dog shit.

Your character refused (or was refused) a Regeneration after a battle - possibly for some moral quandry, or possibly because they couldn't afford it.

Some time later, they realized they couldn't leave the battlefield behind just yet. There was unfinished business out there.

By default, I think you can get sneak attack on ranged attacks made within 30 feet of the target, but because you can't flank with ranged attacks they have to actually be flat-footed. That basically means you'd be able to get your sneak attack, but only during the start of combat.

Well, maybe not the entire arm up to the shoulder, but people have made do.

Will do, very nice work indeed. Thanks for giving the kineticist much need love.

Dynamancer.

Missing an arm for them is BETTER for twohanded damage, since if I recall, they get double strength from it. rather than x1.5

No, my players are smarter than that. You don't fuck with your GM's waifus.

needed* Also why do elements have missing levels of abilities like air doesn't have a level 9 wild talent and earth doesn't have a level 8 wild talent?

because its SHIT

Is the guy who asked me to post comparisons of the Warder and Barbarian still here?

is the guy who is cute and is you user I love you still here?

No.

Any of the "Wielding a one-handed weapon in one hand, and no weapon or shield in the other" styles.

Unarmed magus
Monk
Daggermaster rogue who doesn't waste his feats on shitty TWF

Not that guy, but thanks user.

I'm starting an upcoming game at level 5 and ninja seems like it'd be fun to play, rolled super well on stats with 18, 16, 16, 14, 14, 10, and going to play a dex build, maybe TWF.

Are there any feats or ninja tricks you guys would recommend that are essential or simply fun?

Disregard ninja and play unchained rogue fluffed as one.

Is ninja bad or something? How so?

Roll a Stalker instead. You can then use Stalker Arts to get Rogue Talents to get Ninja Tricks.

Use Veiled Moon, Riven Hourglass and Elemental Flux disciplines to go anime ninja.

Ninja's a little better than normal Rogue, but falls behind Unchained, largely due to the innate dexterity to damage that unchained rogues get.

What you could do, is ask your DM if they mind letting a Ninja have an Unchained Rogue's finesse training. It's 100% reasonable.

Oh shut the hell up. Someone comes in wanting to play a ninja and you barf up PoW at them? Just assuming they even know what the fuck it is? Go away.

Go to bed Parrot.

Ninja is shit

>MAD for str, dex, con, and charisma on a class that's already brety bad and has poor will saves

What are you supposed to dump? Intelligence?

It's like 5:30, make me scrublord.

Since it got missed last thread:

Any help/advice on this?

Free weapon finesse is good
Dex to damage is great
But what makes unchained rogue really super neato is Debilitating Injury imo

That's true. Those are some gnarly penalties.

Ninja's initial lead over Rogue might end up leaving it and Unchained abooout even if Ninja got finesse training though. Or only slightly worse.