Fluff reason why witches are green

Is there an in universe reason for witches being green other than MGM thought it would look cool in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man
youtu.be/fplGR59YHHs?t=4m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they don't pump blood in their veins, but some nasty black ichor.

or, y'know, because that shade of green is used to give people a ghastly shading in black and white movies, where the trope originated from?

Connection to nature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

so you know they're evil

most witches live out in the forest and get a large portion of their energy from photosynthesis. All the chlorophyl needed for this leaves them with the green complexion.

I thought that basically got its start in Wizard of Oz

Because witches a shit. A shiiit!

They're envious.

The Wicked Witch of the West was the only one that was ever green and that was only because the people making the film wanted her to stand out and look more evil apart from the good witches.

There is no fluff reason for anything else because they are not green anywhere else.

>Witches are actually plants
This sounds like some Delta Green shit

So is that pic supposed to be hot or something?

That witch is clearly trying to con people, she's sitting on a broom so even if you hit the target she'll remain undunked.
Never trust witches.

It kind of just annoys me. I don't really want to spurg out and go into every detail, but I feel like it kind of misses the mark in every way I can assume they tried to me

user can you try using a less shit tier cringe inducing OP pic next time?

Nobody wants to see your nasty trailer park bitch on this forum.

Jesus fucking Christ

Can someone show OP what the fuck we want in a witch pic?!

Well magic user types aren't too keen on technology. Maybe she didn't have it in her to design a dunk tank, and just decided to fucking kill herself if someone hit the target for some reason

It kind of just looks incredibly fucking ugly

you tell me

Congrats OP you just made me puke a little bit in my mouth

>pic of really nasty old bitch in 90's EXTREME comic style

Yea no, this is how you Witch user

You first

Green is also the color of creepy undead spooky magic too. Since the traditioal witch is halloween related, maybe the green comes from using necro type magic way too much.

Anime is a fucking plague.

Witches are hundreds of years old, and after that long your skin looks pretty nasty no matter how much you moisturize. Also, the vile deeds you have to engage in to outlive your mortal life are unkind to body as well as soul.

yfw Minas Morgul is clearly described as a city of white, ethereal, ghostly light

Nasty old bitches are great, user.

Dude... I'm pretty close to full weeb, and I still prefer 's green meanie.
I would let her bully me.

Only worthwhile post in the entire thread.

Including this one.

The answer is that orc witches are quite common.

>Random fag who never read the book, only watched the movie but still considers themself to be an expert on Tolkien

This shit again, here we goo.....

wow guys, I never claimed to be an expert or even give a shit if the image is book accurate or not, I was just grabbing the first damn thing that came to mind when I thought of spooky green fire stuff that appears in media

Find whatever 100% book accurate example your autism needs but it does not matter with the point I was trying to make.

>user tries real hard to look super edgy and different by pretending to not like superior art

wow you sure convinced me, yep you definitely are the edgiest showflake in the the room with the most obvious sophisticated sense of art ever,

>420
I'm in it for green user.

>it's a smug anime girl poster successfully trolls me into posting pin up witches thread

Side note, there are barely any green pin up witches.

>ITT how fucking DARE you insult my loli waifu fapbait so slanderously etc etc

I mean I don't have any real problem with anime tits but really Veeky Forums way to fuck up an otherwise interesting thread

so is the orc witch in your pic stewing in the pot?

>90s EXTREME

Dudeā€¦no. That is tame Bronze Age AT BEST. There is no Liefeld in that image.

Goodness, no.
That's a muscle tonic. You wouldn't brew anything short of slimy cologne that smells like swamp or a heinous poison with orc flesh.

Why did half of the thread lose their shit because OP pic was not anime style art?

Green and black are colors often associated with illness death and decay. Thus, evil characters tend to sport it. This is most commonly seen in comic books now, but since the reasons are evolutionary (cavemen with an aversion to rotting corpses lived longer than those who didn't), green=evil is a common association.

>This is literally my first fucking day here

Welcome to /tv/ faggot

>Liefeld
There's a fucking witch right there

>90's EXTREME
Not even close
>pic of some generic weebshit
>doesn't even post LWA
fuck off m8

>Iron Man was Gray and did not change to red and yellow until 2006?

Veeky Forums posters are complete fucking retards.

OP was asking for an in universe explanation

Oh my god those eyes are fucking badass.

Why don't more westerns do that fucking badass eye glint

Best witch coming through!

>Looked like this was going to be an interesting thread with fluff explanations
>sees nothing but weeb bitching

god damnit

Venomous blood of their fiendish patron flows in their veins, making skin and flesh green and rituals and alchemical knowledge intuitive

Looking at the post times, very likely a samefag trying to stir shit up. Best to ignore.

Because they are filled with chloroplasts which are filled with chlorphyll which is green because it absorbs all light except green, presumably because it tastes gross, which it reflects giving its green color.

There are so many things wrong with this image.

>Is there an in universe reason for witches being green
in the book, she wasn't.

though seeing as MGM saw fit to give the Winkies green skin, we can assume that the Wicked Witch of the West was a Winky too, and that's why her skin was green, and had nothing to do with her being a witch.

>only
So you're just going to skip over bestwitch like a complete pleb then, are you?

He skipped over the part in the OP when they asked for a fluff explanation and not a movie makeup one, so yea probably.

But for real for real? Most folklore started as a way to keep children out of places they shouldn't go. Medieval babysitters, just scare enough of everything nearby and they won't wonder too far. A lot of the folklore about witches, and more particularly hags, places them in the swamps, with some versions having them made out of algae or pond scum, and rising out of the ater to snatch any child who wonder too close. But even if they wren't made out of it, I would imagine the constant exposure could very well coat them in it or stain their skin.

That's a fairy, not a witch

Better question is why are their teets so cold?

Nah

Venereal disease from fucking Fucking Satan

>was a Winky too
A what?

More like that's a fucking dragon.

But really though, her original design was only inspired by the Grimm fairy godmother. Marc Davis called her "a wicked sorceress." The first source to actually call her a fairy is the Disney Insider in 2014. 55 years after the fact.

World of Oz's version of a black people

pedo please go, nobody cares about your shitty meme fetish.

Because they're orc witches.

>pic of gay faggot weebshit in shitty WEEBTARDED art style

Yea no

That sounds hella fucking boring and lame and not nearly as menacing. Jackson clearly knew what he was doing, especially when he got rid of that stupid fucking singing Gnome that.

Working off fairy tales and similar European folklore, witches come in an extremely wide variety of appearances and personalities. Some are wicked, some are nice, some are straight up monsters who barely resemble humans in their thinking anymore. Similarly, they can look like disgusting old hags, kindly grandmothers or a beautiful young woman, or they can be Baba freaking Yaga. Just about anything goes, really.

Green women though? Can't say I've ever seen witches depicted that way aside from OPs witch and gruntilda. It's a fairly vanilla way to show that a witch is evil.

The first source to call her a fairly was the original story that Disney adapted.

DOES SHE LOOK LIKE A WITCH?!

Legitimate autism

If witches are plants, then why does water hurt them?

fucking pedos everywhere

That's really more like a corpse-like pallor desu

>pedo
>breasts

Now THIS is edgy 90's aesthetic.

In fact, I'm invoking Poe's Law.

Why are some of them inbred?

Its more like emo witch.
This is pure 90's

Nah man, she's got Nipple Bayonets with Skeleravens perching on them.

Shit's intentionally goofy 90's shit or I'm a Rob Liefeld toeless elastic mutant.

Couldn't agree with you more. I refuse to let anyone use an anime image for a character portrait. I'd rather a character have no portrait.

Tarot started in 2000, so while you are technically correct, you are not actually correct.

Pic unrelated.

Welp, guess I'll have to get used to arching my back seductively whilst firing two guns and sailing through the air.

Yes, but she is the edgy emo witch, the bajonets are clearly emotastic.

This is the hentai board? Thought it was a Tg or traditional blaming board. I'll go look for mature not sex or lewd hunting yards later.

This is a board a out witches not your fetish.

Headology.

Yo, check my dope reference.

>No female under the age of 18 has breast growth.
You should get out more.

What was meant by this?

Pedo specifically refers to PREpubescent children. So unless you know how a prepubescent girl has teets that can be called teets, you might want to give this one up.
(It'll only make you look ing'nant.)

Because her father drank a faulty potion meant to prevent conception when he had sex with her mother, leading to her being born green due to the faulty magic of the potion.

I'm serious.

youtu.be/fplGR59YHHs?t=4m10s

>Pedo specifically refers to PREpubescent children
Turns out you're right. The more you know.

Pedophilia has come to denote anyone under 18 for many people. Trying to talk about how it's only ephebophilia just gets people thinking you're a child molester who doesn't want to be called a pedophile for his attraction to children.

>A what?
The Winkies were a group in Oz's wizard of Oz that were enslaved by the wicked witch through fear.

>She's under 18. Ew!
15 seconds later, after midnight. It is now her 18th birthday.
>Well OBVIOUSLY I'll bang her.

The joke is society...

As pointed out.
While speaking in terms of psychology and/or physiology there's a difference between pedophilia, ephebophilia, hebephilia, etc, the common definition and the legal definition of pedophilia is just anyone below the age of consent. As a result unless a conversation's context is specifically within the fields where the aforementioned distinctions are actually made and spoken of it just comes across as being that guy who says "ACKSHULLY" just to define a term that doesn't meaningfully change the discourse in any way.