Campaigns that you miss

Grognards and nostalgiafags, come regale us lonely anons with tales of your games of old. Fond memories far preferable.

Starting off
>professor friend of mine says he's got a game he's made, asks if I want to help playtest it for publication
>this is the guy who introduced me to rpgs, so yeah, get a couple other guys too
>premise is you're a bunch of freshmen at a high school for kids with supernatural powers
>Oh and the school is on top of a gate to Hell
>party is two half-demons (now revised to be called Cambions), one holy chosen, one mystic (voodoo guy), one spirit hunter (soul reapers from Bleach, except less grorious nipponsei), and one breath stealer (can steal enemy energy and abilities, à la blue mage)
>go through some normal and not-so-normal high school orientation, initiation, hazing, succubi/incubi, and hell-diving
>and this is all before we even get to go to classes
>eventually uncover a plot by Lilith and her succubus minions to steal an artifact being held by the school, and they (inadvertently?) blow up the Gate as we follow them into Hell
>our teacher gets his ass kidnapped by succubi, so we kids have to journey through Hell to save him and get home
>finally get to him, minds only mildly broken by the incessant screams of the tortured fanned
>bust him out
>Lilith is about to complete her objective, but someone blows up her setup as the hand of literally Satan grabs for the artifact
>warp the fuck out of there
>day is saved... For now!

Demongate High is a hell of a game. More adventures to type up to come. Lets hear some of yours!

Other urls found in this thread:

the-watch-series.to/serie/babylon_5
demongate.darkbolt.com/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=mHpMAubwfQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tortured fanned
Welp. That's supposed to be "damned", in case us being in hell wasn't enough indicator. Damn you, autocorrect, I hope you burn with the cruciati.

Quick bump and question, what is that gif from?

Babylon 5.

Babylon 5 - you should watch it, it's really good.
Way better than anything like Star Trek.

I would have loved that system in High School.

Where can I find it to watch it?

Yeah, even though I'm now out of college, I still think the game is pretty fucking neat. Mostly just GMing it these days, I want to run a game of it set in Prohibition America, where people are playing "late bloomers" new to their abilities, but too old to attend the school itself, because I'm just a little tired of running a game featuring kids.
There's also a webcomic if you're interested in the story. Should be the first thing if you search Demongate High.

Right here.
the-watch-series.to/serie/babylon_5

The link is safe.
I promise

OP here, thanks based user. I'd been wanting to get back into it myself.

No worries. I got back into it recently, so I was happy to see it posted here.

Did you know that there's a Babylon 5 tabletop? I hear it isn't very good, however.

Yeah, a while back when my flgs was shifting locations (literally moving one door down, to make room for an Indian food store), they had a sale on older books, so I picked up a bunch, including the Babylon 5 D20 game. Never got a chance to play, probably never will, but it's fun to own and read regardless.

>playing a homebrew 3.5 Elder Scrolls game with some internet friends via Google Hangout, it's being streamed to a sizeable amount of viewers because we all have small internet fanbases
>except for one guy, who we invited to fill the space
>I'm playing as a Breton bard, small, manipulative, and incredibly aristocratic and stuck up
>friend is playing as a Dark Elf who worships Sheogorath; literally schizophrenic
>this new guy, who we don't know very well, is Norwegian, speaks with a thick accent and is playing as a Nord Fighter

>when the game begins, we're all individually being hunted down by Argonian Assassins for whatever reasons that I can't recall
>the Dark Elf and I bump into each other, manage to get along and defeat a few assassins
>later on we run into the Nord, who is fighting like 10 assassins at once
>we manage to defeat most of them, until the Dark Elf tries to cast a fireball at one of the enemies and critically misses, hitting the Nord and knocking him down to 1HP
>the Dark Elf and I flee, leaving him to kill the remaining two or so guys (which he does)
>some time later, we run into more assassins, but I manage to perform a disguise check as a backpack on the Dark Elf with a nat 20
>we retreat to the nearest town (I think it was Skingrad) and hang out in an inn as I regale the customers with stories of high adventure and our recent escapades
>suddenly, the door is bashed open
>an angry looking Nord steps through the walkway, and looks around
>there happens to be a large amount of Redguard (basically The Elder Scrolls' blacks) in the inn at the time, pirates from Wayrest
>the first thing the Nord does is look them over and say "Ugh...fucking niggers"

He basically got ganked and the Dark Elf and I strolled off to go adventuring elsewhere.

That one game where I wasn't the DM.

This made me laugh more than it should

The space battles game "Babylon 5: A Call to Arms" however was supposedly very good.

As for my RPG memories, if have to say it was a Rogue Trader campaign.

The RT himself was basically Zapp Brannigan from Futurama.

The Seneschal was basically James Bond Buttler.

The Arch Militant was basically every 80s action stereotype rolled into one.

And I was the Mechanicus Explorator who tried to keep to the fluff, but was more or less seen as some combination of Scotty, Spock, LaForge, and the "dick slapping techpriests" meme.

And yet, in spite of all the idiocy and meme-filled nonsense, it was still fun.

>Babylon 5
>Grognards talk

I feel like is 2007 again.

Ah yes, the episode where Londo gets offended because his action figure doesn't have six tentacle penises.

OH wow! Another playtester!
Another one of the playtesters and I decided to pull a prank on the dorms, so we constructed and placed in secret, a life-size, fully articulated, statue of an oni right in the dorms.
So when students opened the door of their room to leave for class, they were faced with an apparently angry oni about to turn them into paste.

As for us, "it was an extra credit project" is the best excuse you can use in a school.

As a child I mapped out an impossibly large castle fortress. Then I created a Ragnarok situation, where soldiers had to defend it from room to room, where all they had to hope for was a respectable body count before succumbing to their wounds.

When the die rolls actually make a 13 year old boy cry.

so he played himself, literally and figuratively, huh?

Dude.
I fucking remember that in the comic.
Good times, man.
Warders/Artificers are even more bullshit now.

Babylon 5 is criminally underated, probably the best Sci-fi tv show

> gming shadowrun for my brother.
> detective stories, since most of the time it was just the two of us
> his character is a sewer gator shaman troll
> make a street sam troll buddy
> together they destroy neighborhoods.
> hunting down lost children from the Barrens
> brother gets frustrated because he's struggling to get clues/direction.
> I suggest we take a break irl and go get a soda from the corner store.
> walk to the store, brother gets an idea while walking,
>bro calls his fixer, buys some intel to try to figure out vehicle movement patterns or some shit.
> bro ia excited because it was a good idea, emds the call by loudly declaring, in the store " I jack off!"
> people turn and stare.
> brother turns bright red
> flee the store.
It honestly made my day.
Bro eventually figured out that organ leggers were stealing kids, hacking them up, and vat growing their organs. They blew the facility up, saved a few kids, and got paid.

Ah, I remember Ingo.
We used to bully him, unintentionally but really intentionally.

Did he cover the Ayer's Rock trip in his comic?
The one where I blasted myself in the head with energy bolts until I blasted myself out of the Magical Matrix world I got stuck in.

Ayer's Rock got covered, though it really only went through Ewan's "visions", which is unfortunate since it would've been cool to see what everyone else.

Postan link for y'all
>demongate.darkbolt.com/index.php

So horrible, I love it.

Properly, it's from The Legend of the Rangers. Under no circumstances should you watch this.

BUT, it's a movie for Babylon 5, which is one of the best sci-fi shows of all time.

>tfw I find out I'm not the only one who liked B5

Ah.
Kazuo's time with the visions (which actually turned out to be an ancient entertainment system, think magical Oculus system playing Elite where it pulls the worlds from your mind) ended with him blasting himself in the face until he broke himself out.

Huh. Sounds awesome.
>Kaz a best

It seemed reasonable at the time.
>be stuck in imaginary world
>world is being drawn from own mind
>blast head with energy until knocked out of imaginary world

Does sound like a good plan, just gotta make sure you don't off yourself accidentally. TR1 is made for fun!

Btw, sean says hi

Hi Sean!

Kaz going full DBZ was an awesome moment.

Be warned that Babylon 5 is kind of like classic Trek in that it's both amazing and really fucking terrible, often at the same time. At times B5 seems like community theater given the quality of some of the acting and some of the sets. But there is also some fantastic acting and it's got quite the plot arc. Unfortunately, first season isn't, on the whole, very good. But if you can stick with it and don't mind a decent bit of sci-fi cheese, the show is outstanding. Definitely one of the best science fiction shows ever.

>since it would've been cool to see what everyone else.
Oh, concerning this.
From what I remember, it was Kaz finding himself back home, with a hot bowl of his mom's home-made goulash.
He started showing off what he could do now with his energy beams, but realized that something was off.

That's when he tried eating an energy blast to the face to knock himself out of the illusion.

I miss my time travel campaign. it went for so long, got so convoluted, paradoxes abound, all because we found a gem under ponyville

Was it him?

Some of the greatest Humanity fuck yeah moments exist in this show.

I highly recommend "In the Beginning" once you get to season 3

I grew up in the late 70's and 80's when Star Trek reruns were still on the air every day. Babylon 5 was on the air while I was in high school. We thought that we had found "the next star trek"

A Space sci-fi universe that was interesting, A little low budget with the effects at first but the stories were there, the characters were great, and the writing was just damn good. We wanted more, and got Crusade.. well at least for a little while.

Whelp, now I'm rewatching Babylon 5.

I miss Andreas Katsulas, as an aside. G'Kar and Londo's interactions were solid gold, especially the episode where they're trapped in an elevator. Some truly excellent acting.

Probably my biggest wish for B5 is that they didn't get screwed over by the networks and forced to shrink down Shadow War and Earthgov War into one season. Originally JMS had Shadow War for season 4, and Earthgov War for season 5. But he wanted to end the story as complete as possible with as few plot holes as possible, so he was forced to cut out a fair bit.

Yes.

I still can get chills listening to those two back to back little speeches from Londo and the President before the battle of the line. Andreas, the shakesperian actor, gave G'Kar's arc a weight you don't see on tv often.

And don't get me started on Bester...

youtube.com/watch?v=mHpMAubwfQg

Walter Koenig is just excellent all around, and his portrayal of Bester was top notch. I've never seen a character that was both repulsive and interesting at the same time. The guy had goals you could understand, but he was just so slimy you couldn't like him.

Villains are always best when they're ambiguous and human.